PDA

View Full Version : Hugthulu Loot Re-roll? Better Vanity Odds with Other Toons? + Tip & Lore for boss!

Lainnah
03-06-2015, 03:15 AM
So I've noticed that equipped with a luck elixir or lepre pendant, I seem to get far less lovecraft chests that with no re-roll. However, I do then re-roll the gold piles that drop into hauntlet coins, story tokens, dragkin teeth, etc.

Is it my imagination or does wearing lepre or having a luck elixir make Hugthulu drop less love crates?

I was getting fairly consistent chest drops from him with no re-roll. I then equipped lepre and drank a luck elixer. The next 10 runs dropped zero love craft chests.
Also: After the event is over, will the crates still be open-able and their loot acquirable?

Secondly, I hear people saying that if you want the gold cupid wings vanity for your toon you should be opening the lovecraft chests on other toons of different classes. I'd like some clarification if this is actually true or is it just the strange way that random chance works?

Lastly I'd like to give a tip/request on fighting the Hugthulu boss. PLEASE start leading him to the portal area BEFORE the portal appears. With as many runs as I've done I've wasted so much time waiting for him to walk all the way up into the portal. It's only a few seconds per run but multiply that by hundreds of runs. :)

I hope STS can answer the re-roll question and also on the reduction in odds of getting a class specific vanity when opening with a character of same class.
Thank you STS. This is an....interesting event. :playful:

Also: Here is some interesting information. The name "Hugthulu" is based on a character named "Cthulhu" from an HP Lovecraft story.
This from wikipedia:

Cthulhu is a deity created by writer H. P. Lovecraft and first introduced in the short story "The Call of Cthulhu", published in the pulp magazine Weird Tales in 1928. Considered a Great Old One within the pantheon of Lovecraftian cosmic entities, the creature has since been featured in numerous popular culture references. Lovecraft depicts Cthulhu as a gigantic and wholly evil entity worshiped by cultists. Cthulhu's anatomy is described as part man, part dragon, and part octopus.

IGN: Lainnah
Guild: Crisis Of Faith

Dragoonclaws
03-06-2015, 03:26 AM
So I've noticed that equipped with a luck elixir or lepre pendant, I seem to get far less lovecraft chests that with no re-roll. However, I do then re-roll the gold piles that drop into hauntlet coins, story tokens, dragkin teeth, etc.

Is it my imagination or does wearing lepre or having a luck elixir make Hugthulu drop less love crates?

I was getting fairly consistent chest drops from him with no re-roll. I then equipped lepre and drank a luck elixer. The next 10 runs dropped zero love craft chests.

Secondly, I hear people saying that if you want the gold cupid wings vanity for your toon you should be opening the lovecraft chests on other toons of different classes. I'd like some clarification if this is actually true or is it just the strange way that random chance works?

Lastly I'd like to give a tip/request on fighting the Hugthulu boss. PLEASE start leading him to the portal area BEFORE the portal appears. With as many runs as I've done I've wasted so much time waiting for him to walk all the way up into the portal. It's only a few seconds per run but multiply that by hundreds of runs. :)

I hope STS can answer the re-roll question and also on the reduction in odds of getting a class specific vanity when opening with a character of same class.
Thank you STS. This is an....interesting event. :playful:

Also: Here is some interesting information. The name "Hugthulu" is based on a character named "Cthulhu" from an HP Lovecraft story.
This from wikipedia:

IGN: Lainnah
Guild: Crisis Of Faith

Ok, the fact that having a leprechaun equiped seems to make the chests drop less. I always thought about a "performance factor" that will affect drop rate. I never loot any Dragkin teeth when running with people way better then me, since my performance is way lower then theirs... and they always get the dragkin teeth. It's same for most drops everywhere. I think a developer must confirm this statement. If this is true, using a leprechaun would lower your performance factor since you do less damage, and take less damage, but it doesn't apply for luck elixir. I don't see the need of using Luck elixir, since the drops are commons. There is no better loot, see what I mean?

Many people noticed that the Lovecraft Chests drop were anti-class... I think it's totally absurd since we all looted Hugthulu wings of our respective class, but many people complain that the Golden Cupid Wings aren't looted. I know people who did loot, so it's completly random. Don't trust this fact.

Interresting fun fact btw :) We already see where the "Lovecraft"ing idea came from lol and The Call of Cham.., erm I mean Cthulhu

Lainnah
03-06-2015, 04:26 AM
I see what you are saying about the performance factor. I've always wondered if doing more dmg gives better odds of loot. However, in this case, I have run several times as a rogue with a party of all warriors. I know for a fact I do way more damage than any of them yet the odds of getting a love craft chest seem to drop if a lepre or elixir is equipped. It also could just be the way things work out with random chance. Sometimes it may seem that having or doing certain things can guarantee you better loot. Just like real life: lucky rabbits foot, blow on dice for good luck. It's all in our heads! :boxing:

Dex Scene
03-06-2015, 04:45 AM
Ok, the fact that having a leprechaun equiped seems to make the chests drop less. I always thought about a "performance factor" that will affect drop rate. I never loot any Dragkin teeth when running with people way better then me, since my performance is way lower then theirs... and they always get the dragkin teeth. It's same for most drops everywhere. I think a developer must confirm this statement. If this is true, using a leprechaun would lower your performance factor since you do less damage, and take less damage, but it doesn't apply for luck elixir. I don't see the need of using Luck elixir, since the drops are commons. There is no better loot, see what I mean?

Many people noticed that the Lovecraft Chests drop were anti-class... I think it's totally absurd since we all looted Hugthulu wings of our respective class, but many people complain that the Golden Cupid Wings aren't looted. I know people who did loot, so it's completly random. Don't trust this fact.

Interresting fun fact btw :) We already see where the "Lovecraft"ing idea came from lol and The Call of Cham.., erm I mean Cthulhu
I don't believe in performance factor.
Sometimes i Join my friends at trindin boss and I hardly hit boss and I get teeth and they don't.

What I noticed is if you hit Mr.Hugthulu when he is at portal just right before he dies, your getting chest chance increase alot. Iam not sure tho just what I noticed.

Rx8
03-06-2015, 04:46 AM
Sometimes i Join my friends at trindin boss and I hardly hit boss and I get teeth and they don't.

What I noticed is if you hit Mr.Hugthulu when he is at portal just right before he dies, your getting chest chance increase alot. Iam not sure tho just what I noticed.

I just stand in front of the portal spawn. I get a chest every run @_@

Dex Scene
03-06-2015, 05:11 AM
I just stand in front of the portal spawn. I get a chest every run @_@
Yes Iam not sure it just work that way for me.

ClumsyCactus
03-06-2015, 05:18 AM
I named a koko "lucky*cat" and he is working better than my lepre for chest, trust me, Lifehax XD

Lainnah
03-06-2015, 05:49 AM

I kind of had the same feeling about the portal. Seems if I stand behind it I never get chests. I'll try and stand on/in front of it and see how that works. :)

I named a koko "lucky*cat" and he is working better than my lepre for chest, trust me, Lifehax XD

That's hilarious. I'll try this as well. :highly_amused:

Lainnah
03-06-2015, 06:33 AM
UPDATE: I wanted the golden cupid vanity for my rogue. However, I've opened at LEAST 200 chests on my rogue and did not get the vanity.

To test the idea of 'anti-class' vanity loot I transferred 35 chests to my mage. Guess what?

3 (Three) Golden Cupid Vanities for Rogue!!!!!!

Now I don't know if this is a fluke or a freak of nature here but, to me, it appears that you have better odds of getting the vanity you want if you open the love craft crates on a different class character.

ceowarr
03-06-2015, 06:44 AM
UPDATE: I wanted the golden cupid vanity for my rogue. However, I've opened at LEAST 200 chests on my rogue and did not get the vanity.

To test the idea of 'anti-class' vanity loot I transferred 35 chests to my mage. Guess what?

Now I don't know if this is a fluke or a freak of nature here but, to me, it appears that you have better odds of getting the vanity you want if you open the love craft crates on a different class character.

lol lain so finnaly the tip of different class works for you . now u just have to wait until new update comes to say that these vanities are tradable :)

Lainnah
03-06-2015, 07:58 AM
lol lain so finnaly the tip of different class works for you . now u just have to wait until new update comes to say that these vanities are tradable :)

*thinks about all those warrior vanities in stash*

*crosses fingers*

:playful:

srazman
03-06-2015, 08:07 AM
Agreed... just stand near the portal let the boss walk to it and died.. love crates always appear.. from my numerous run tho

Dragoonclaws
03-06-2015, 08:50 AM

didn't work for me... Still having to send all the letters back

grzena1982
03-06-2015, 10:09 AM

I have been saying this all along, get your chests open at different chars and preferably at low lvls. If this is just a fluke, its consistent on 3 acc. which i used indicating that more vanities drop from toons.

Dex Scene
03-06-2015, 11:28 AM
I have been saying this all along, get your chests open at different chars and preferably at low lvls. If this is just a fluke, its consistent on 3 acc. which i used indicating that more vanities drop from toons.
130 th chest opened in a capped level warrior mage rogue and a twink rogue..
no golden wing for rogue yet... smh
-.-

Zeus
03-06-2015, 11:59 AM
200 chests opened on L41 rogue, Zeus.

2 vanity sets of rogue, 3 vanity sets of warrior, 3 vanity sets of sorcerer and a plethora of hugthulu wings. I don't think it matters, really.

Dragoonclaws
03-06-2015, 12:31 PM
200 chests opened on L41 rogue, Zeus.

2 vanity sets of rogue, 3 vanity sets of warrior, 3 vanity sets of sorcerer and a plethora of hugthulu wings. I don't think it matters, really.

You mean Lovecraft set.. or the whole set, with the Cupid wings... if you really looted that much cupid wings... you're lucky af

Zeus
03-06-2015, 12:31 PM
You mean Lovecraft set.. or the whole set, with the Cupid wings... if you really looted that much cupid wings... you're lucky af

I mean the whole set with wings.

extrapayah
03-06-2015, 12:34 PM
around 400: numerous lovecraft hats, hugthulu's and 3 rogue's, 1 sorc's, 1 warr's golden cupid, opened on rogue

Fyrce
03-06-2015, 12:38 PM
Nah, doesn't matter. Opened on rogue, got rogue golden cupid wings. Finally.

There seem to be times when you get a chest every time and periods of when you get none. I just keep going and eventually chests start dropping again. At least solo, I can see if there's a chest or not before he completely falls and start heading out.

Yes, drag the troll to portal area for whole fight or when he's about to die is good. Stunning him when he does his small full red circle is good -- no slow puddle under him. Or give him his love elixir when his life is a little bit down and he'll be stunned the whole time above/near his death portal.

I can do 1 troll/minute (possibly less). I started soloing after I had to wait for the troll to amble his way up from where other people had dragged him.

I'm really enjoying the Lovecraft event. It seems to have a little bit of everything for everybody. And the vanities are great!

Kakashis
03-06-2015, 01:04 PM
Anti class vanities is in your mind. Opened 350 and I didn't even get any golden until when I finally got it. I'll try on other accounts now. Here we go again.

I Guess STS really wanted us to play it the whole weekend. I think its worth it, the Golden wings with the particle effects is one of the nicest vanities in awhile! Rivaled only by the white versions xD

Dex Scene
03-06-2015, 01:32 PM
Finaly on 171th chest I got my Golden wing for Rogue. Super happy.
So far I looted 2 golden wing. One for warrior and one for my preety rogue baby.http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/06/bbba5ef033747f97b345725c90cc3d03.jpg

nevercan
03-06-2015, 01:37 PM
Finaly on 171th chest I got my Golden wing for Rogue. Super happy.
So far I looted 2 golden wing. One for warrior and one for my preety rogue baby.http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/06/bbba5ef033747f97b345725c90cc3d03.jpgMay i be the first one to say you gratz? :p