PDA

View Full Version : laptop help!

Zipponator
03-14-2011, 07:41 AM
I just recently got a game for my laptop but when i played it said my video card driver was out of date. So i then downloaded , which i thought was the right one. Anyway it then came up with a blue screen saying something about a compatibility problem with the file i just downloaded ( the driver ) it then turned my laptop off. I cant turn it back on no matter what. Pls help....

Keohike
03-14-2011, 07:45 AM
try too change the compatibility, or maybe u download a bad verison.
keohike

Lysdexic
03-14-2011, 08:02 AM
If you can get a Windows PE disk or Ubuntu Live disk, boot into that and then do a search by date via command prompt in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers section (in WinPE, the command is dir /a /od c:\windows\system32\drivers\*). Then, take a look at the newest driver(s) and rename it to <nameoffile>.sys.bak. Reboot and it should work.

You'll have to uninstall the driver completely again, but this will cause the bad one not to load.

Zipponator
03-14-2011, 08:08 AM
K thx for the help.

w7fcoop
03-14-2011, 09:07 AM
Are you using Windows XP or 7/Vista? You can boot in safe mode and uninstall the drivers from device manager.

BeardedBear
03-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Are you using Windows XP or 7/Vista? You can boot in safe mode and uninstall the drivers from device manager.

What he said. If you have Windows, press f8 and startup and choose safe mode. Once logged in, right click on My Computer and go to Manage. You will see Device Manager on the left hand side. Find the video card in the device tree to the right. Remove or install a new driver to correct the issue.