PDA

View Full Version : Touch to walk, feedback

The Lax
03-14-2011, 01:22 PM
As a Touch to walk player, trying to navigate through portals in dungeons is very difficult. Because when I touch to walk through the portal, it pops open a description of the portal. Then the big monsters near the portals kill me while I am trying to close the portal description window.

Just a thought.

[Lt] Shiny
03-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Then don't use tap to walk... There is a opion called a VIRTUAL JOYSTICK that is easier, more efficient and more accurate. Just say'n.

drewcapu
03-14-2011, 02:26 PM
I actually "grew up" using tap to move on my bear. It wasn't until I started a bird and mage that I decided the dpad was even necessary.

You should still be able to navigate into or around portals with tap to move. You just have to be quick about tapping the enter portal button if the dialogue box appears. You can also walk directly into the portal by tapping a spot that is "passed" the portal. Sometimes rotating camera angle makes this a little easier.

My suggestion is to actually try out using *both" tap to move and the virtual joystick. Each has its advantages and disadvantages. The biggest advantage for tap to move is to give your left thumb a break by tapping far ahead, and in some cases, when tapping over walls, a very automatic way of getting from one spot to another.