PDA

View Full Version : Guild Bank Concept

JohnnyHardcore
03-08-2015, 12:19 AM
So here is my thoughts.

-Implement "Guild Stash" toon in guild halls by the personal stash toon.

-Officers and Master can buy guild stash slots like with personal stash and inventory. Capacity has to be at least 5 times higher though. Preferably closer to 10 times.

-All members can donate gold and items as they wish. Master has control of guild inventory. If someone wants to take an item they ask master and with click option master approves item withdrawal. Only master can remove gold.

-Sets the bar for in guild events a little higher as people that can and want to contribute have a way to.

-Guild Hall potion sales scaleable. If vault has enough gold, master can drop potion prices to please guild members. On the flip side, can upcharge on guild potions to fund raise.

Thoughts and opinions?

JohnnyHardcore
03-08-2015, 12:21 AM
To add, obviously all guild members can SEE guild inventory. But need item withdrawal approval to take anything out.

Limsi
03-08-2015, 02:28 AM
This has been suggested before and the main issue is what if the master/anyone who have the ability to take gold from the inventory decides to take em all away and leave the guild? It's an avenue for potential scamming.

JohnnyHardcore
03-08-2015, 05:16 AM
That being said, there is potential for that in any aspect of the game. We risk being scammed when paying people to powerlevel, trading without paying enough attention, etc...

It means people investing in a guild should spend some time with the guild, getting to know guildmates and other players, before making the CHOICE to invest. Nobody being forced means the people that choose to know and understand the risks involved.

Candylicks
03-08-2015, 05:39 AM
Guild bank would be great. The items would have to automatically return to the bank and the player which donated should be the only one allowed to remove permanently.

JohnnyHardcore
03-08-2015, 06:23 AM
Not entirely sure what you mean candy. Can you elaborate? Comes across as timed withdrawls for loaned items of a quality you intend returned to you. If so, this would be fun, but probably hard to code and track.

More what I'm thinking for items is if, like myself, you open a large amount of locks and get a bunch of Conquistador gear that isn't an improvement on your own. Not really worth sale price in auction but valuable enough you don't want to liquidate. Donate to guild. If a guildie coming up on that level has use for it they just confirm with guild master and get the item. Also useful for event item storage like prize eggs.

And a point to add on my previous post to Limsi, any money in the guild vault is extra gold. The person in charge of it, only the master, has access to it and most likely has no need to be stealing it. The ones that will would be brand new guilds after it was released and would be pretty easy to spot.

Ultimately it would all be for the guild, however it gets used or misused, and if you're donating in any large amounts odds are it is for a reason and with already proven trustworthy people you've been gaming with for months or years.

Kampfmaschine
03-08-2015, 06:25 AM
Good idea

debitmandiri
03-08-2015, 06:58 AM
If i am a GM, i will steal all those item muahahahaha im rich

Candylicks
03-08-2015, 09:28 AM
Yeah other games have the timed aspect to it and it gets returned to the bank after certain amount of time.

Dragoonclaws
03-08-2015, 10:10 AM
Some games have the lending system, where the given item would have a 1h/4h/24 timer. During that time, the item will be called borrowed [enternamehere] or something similar in another way. The item will be automatically untradeable. The player who lend the item can't get the item back until the timer ends. He will receive it in his bank (stash in our case).

If the guild bank concept worked that way with a limit of 2hours and a cooldown of 4hours to borrow another item, would be great.

Serancha
03-08-2015, 12:26 PM
With so many bugs in the game, why would STS waste time on something that would be so totally complicated to code and implement as well as so potentially exploitable? Putting timers on loans and auto-returns to owners....sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Even if it wasn't bugged, you just know people would complain they lost their arcane rings to a bug and the person who borrowed it would say it was auto-returned, and what does STS do then? Just hand out another arcane ring? Just like the "doubling your items" scam, there is nothing people won't try to get ahead. This would be a waste of resources that are needed on other things, like fixing the massive list of current bugs, cracking down on cheaters to fix the economy, among about a zillion other things that are currently needed.

JohnnyHardcore
03-08-2015, 10:09 PM
With so many bugs in the game, why would STS waste time on something that would be so totally complicated to code and implement as well as so potentially exploitable? Putting timers on loans and auto-returns to owners....sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Even if it wasn't bugged, you just know people would complain they lost their arcane rings to a bug and the person who borrowed it would say it was auto-returned, and what does STS do then? Just hand out another arcane ring? Just like the "doubling your items" scam, there is nothing people won't try to get ahead. This would be a waste of resources that are needed on other things, like fixing the massive list of current bugs, cracking down on cheaters to fix the economy, among about a zillion other things that are currently needed.

Thank you for voicing what I wasn't articulating very well. Lol.

obee
03-08-2015, 10:47 PM
Too risky, and there's just too much extra stuff.

Rx8
03-09-2015, 05:54 AM
what happens if the person has multiple toons on the same account...the guy will spam off, rofl.

Zylx
03-10-2015, 07:46 PM
Guild Hoppers Galore.

JohnnyHardcore
03-11-2015, 12:48 AM
Honestly, on the original post the biggest arguments are "scammers gonna scam" and "too risky."

So what? Even the clean and trimmed aspects of the game, scammers already scam. Constantly. And we as a population realize that. Spacetime has shown that they realize that. As all the others we make ourselves aware and report incidences. My money is on that we will see less about that than "someone scammed me in trade window :-("

JohnnyHardcore
03-11-2015, 12:51 AM
You don't stop those features and advancements because its not perfect. You use the advancements and improve them as the player flaws are identified.

Greatankush
03-11-2015, 05:05 AM
What about guild hoppers and scammers get the stuff and leave huh though officers the good ones shouldnt

bedmaster
03-11-2015, 05:13 AM
Great concept but too risky. Solution: dont give up, lending items is a great idea, but before releasing it, release it in test server where nobody can lose nothing. I miss test server xD

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

KevinKang
03-11-2015, 07:33 AM
good and innovative idea, if there is wealth in the guild, it MUST be known by all members of the guild. automatic guild members was the fact safe diguild

Dragoonclaws
03-11-2015, 09:30 AM
You don't stop those features and advancements because its not perfect. You use the advancements and improve them as the player flaws are identified.

nah nah nah you don't get it. We are too scared of losing our items because the player left game, left guild, kicked from guild,never return.

What happens if the player never plays again? (You'll never play with your item again)

What happens if the player leaves the guild? (He can't hand back the item to the guild bank)

What happens if the player is kicked from the guild? (He can't hand back the item to the guild bank)

What happens if the player never returns the item (you got scammed)

If you need anything from anyone, JUST ASK HIM lol... why create a system with many potential problem if we can simply do same in a trade box... and it's your problem if you/he got scammed.

It was suggested before, we brainstormed about it. We refused it. This doesn't mean that we will never have the system included to the game. If STS team creates a similar system (like MOTD which is an alternative guild message board), then we will have it in a further update. They heard your idea. We heard it too. Next time, post this in AL suggestion and feedback.

codered
03-11-2015, 10:33 AM
Keep in mind, scammer would find a way to take the item/gold away, too risky bud [emoji33]

Jhawkeye
03-11-2015, 04:35 PM
I like this concept and I feel to control master from stealing gold it could have the option where if he wants to take out gold it opens up a vote for officers to decide whether master can take gold or not.