PDA

View Full Version : etiquette

ZHEOTARE
03-14-2011, 06:02 PM
People should have better etiquette when it comes to PL.

I did my first run in the Swill Pitz. I joined ultimatejrods game, who was on my friends list. When we got to the Goblin King, he said "watch the totem". As the fight progressed, me and another guy stayed on the king, who was on the wall about halfway between the door and the totem. Then jrod tells us to bring the king near the top of the room. We do that. Then he starts saying "WTF" and "what are you doing". I told him he said to watch the totem. I left the game. He then messages me and tells me that when the totem turns green, attack it and to quit playing like a noob. I asked him how many times had I done that stage. He says "How the **** am I supposed to know" and "You were just standing there not doing ****" then drops me from friend list.

I then join another game. When we get to King, someone said when totem glows, attack it so the king can't heal himself. I've killed him every time since.

Why can't people explain what needs to be done, or when playing with a new group, ask everyone if they know what to do??

People need to realize in the end, this is a game that most play for fun. You will never turn your PL gold into real money, and that is not a real sword you are buying. Have fun with the game and treat the other players with respect.

Junside
03-14-2011, 06:06 PM
The important thing is, now you know how to pwn Goblin King without a problem. :)

crazyhellboyz
03-14-2011, 06:33 PM
That dose not excuse the bad behavior though.

Tengotengo
03-14-2011, 06:36 PM
yea...
it's worse when you have a proper player starting an instance with a PUG. I've run with Adwinp a couple times when he did this, and I've done it as well; giving rules out in the beginning of the run, and just before boss.

So, Adwinp is telling the bears to have one bear pull plz, and as he's saying this, all three bears run past him and start ping-ponging the first mobs all over the screen. As a bear, I lope up behind with my Gurgox, find the most capable bear of the melee, and hang behind him, smooshing the trapped mobs he does and shaking my head at the thought of the upcoming boss fights...

it's like some people literally do not look at the chat box at all. Amazing.

crazyhellboyz
03-14-2011, 06:39 PM
True, Agree, always open for advice on bosses that have not been fought and I have asked everyone before if they know what to do before we go in. Many times some do not. I have been in the same boat.

ZHEOTARE
03-14-2011, 07:26 PM
I definitely don't mind getting directions or advice. I'll give it out too. I just do it politely. It's the ones that bark orders, or yell because you aren't doing what they want. Just like this guy. If he had said at the boss "Watch totem. When it glows, attack it" it would have not been an issue. Telling someone watch totem doesn't mean anything.

Overall, the people I deal with are cool.

And yes, now I know how to beat the Goblin King. No thanks to ultimatejrod. HAHA!!

Diodge
03-14-2011, 07:27 PM
People should have better etiquette when it comes to PL.

I did my first run in the Swill Pitz. I joined ultimatejrods game, who was on my friends list. When we got to the Goblin King, he said "watch the totem". As the fight progressed, me and another guy stayed on the king, who was on the wall about halfway between the door and the totem. Then jrod tells us to bring the king near the top of the room. We do that. Then he starts saying "WTF" and "what are you doing". I told him he said to watch the totem. I left the game. He then messages me and tells me that when the totem turns green, attack it and to quit playing like a noob. I asked him how many times had I done that stage. He says "How the **** am I supposed to know" and "You were just standing there not doing ****" then drops me from friend list.

I then join another game. When we get to King, someone said when totem glows, attack it so the king can't heal himself. I've killed him every time since.

Why can't people explain what needs to be done, or when playing with a new group, ask everyone if they know what to do??

People need to realize in the end, this is a game that most play for fun. You will never turn your PL gold into real money, and that is not a real sword you are buying. Have fun with the game and treat the other players with respect.

1.Did you tell them it was your first time here?
2. He said watch Totem and you say you stayed on KING. Well.....
((It might not do anything in your eyes. I have seen groups with lower dps do this. 1. It give dps a jump on totem even know you loose dps on boss.))I personaly dont do this but some pugs do....

Sigkill
03-14-2011, 07:46 PM
First advice I would like to give you, is to never go to swill pits. The drops suck and its just a waste of time.