PDA

View Full Version : another Pocket Legends 2 idea.

Tengotengo
03-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Check this out...
I had this image of a huge elite dungeon in my head.

It's a big ole thing, with the standard 5 elite players.
BUT. Those players can bring in or hire another 6 players who they can boot. These players would be a maximum of 20 levels below the elite hirer.

The reason why would be HUGE monsters that no standard party could take. Say...a dragon! This dragon could be...4 or 8 tiles large...or however big. Armor ratings could be 10x normal or higher. They can only be moved a small small percent of standard mobs.

Now, those footsoldiers, armed with bows, spears, etc, would do what it could to break armor or otherwise harry the creature while the elites do the damage. What a use for the ridiculous DPS stuff like daggers! What a great use for proc weapons! A 50 h/s wouldn't be so great if there was half a dozen Brainerators smacking on it.

These creatures would drop some really elite gear, as well as a bunch of trash from all different levels.

man, how cool would this be.

there would be some....lag....I guess. heh

skavenger216
03-14-2011, 06:26 PM
If they do all that then they might as well just do 10 man raids. that's essentialy what this would be anyways.

Tengotengo
03-14-2011, 06:47 PM
YES. full of awesome, that would be.

aluxuryhoggy
03-14-2011, 07:30 PM
the only problem with that is pocket legends is a mobile mmo... which means they cant send a huge amount of data to your phone and back without major lag.. thats one reason why they haven't already put larger raid groups into it.. also i don't think pocket legends want to be exactly like WOW, but if they did then this would sure help a lot
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?21030-Upcoming-Change-to-Skills-Global-Cool-Down
read that.. that would probably be enough to add maybe 2 or 3 people to the raid.. which would be significantly better..
personally though.. AWESOME idea! lol
-aluxuryhoggy

superglut2
03-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Well if pl would be more like wow more ppl would stay with it, since wow gets pretty addicting

Tengotengo
03-15-2011, 04:39 PM
See, I don't really want it to get more technically absorbing...
That's something I really like about PL...there's really not a lot of depth of design, which allows for emergent play styles. The more rules, the more roadblocks to fun. I'd just like to see more people at the same time beating on a huge monster.

Maybe next-gen systems. This wouldn't be so great for phones, but tablets and laptops...good stuff.