PDA

View Full Version : LEVEL 56 Question - Crown & Mega Mage

Inching
03-14-2011, 06:59 PM
I’m a bit lost….. I have a few questions for the level 56 people.... Royce, Myst, Elly, etc guys who are lvl 56. I would of just PMed u guys but I thought the community could also benifit from my questions.

I am currently level 55 and I have a few questions about the crown for level 56 toons.

1) I see lvl 56 toons have a different crown then the rest and I do get that you can only get this when you reach level 56. What I don’t know is where or how to get this crown. I am thinking it’s a quest BUT if it’s a quest, does this mean you have to finish all the quests and this is the last one? If not, then where does one get this quest?

2) Is this a crown that is worn from the vanity tab or the head tab? What I mean is that, is this crown like an antenna or is it an actual piece of gear with stats? If it’s an actual piece of gear with stats, then theoretically I don’t need to buy a lvl 55 Mega Mage Cowl and just wait till Im level 56 and use the crown right?

3) Also I have a lvl 55 Gem Star Wand.. is this the best wand? I remember there was a thread that talked about the 3 kinds of wands but the title of that thread was something else so I cannot find that thread anymore :(

Thanks, guys for the help.

KingFu
03-14-2011, 07:02 PM
1) Its a quest, you get the dingy crown from lily (I think) and get thr crafting ability from the fallen prince.

2) The crown is an actual helm, same stats as an enchanted gemstone cowl, just more armor.

3) Its a matter of opinion, I prefer gemstone for the proc, since gemstar has no proc.

Major
03-14-2011, 07:03 PM
1) you get quests from the fallen prince near the agent smith bird guy. Once 56 you get the helm of persistence, then you do 3 easy quests to get it crafted.

2) the helm is a helmet not a vanity, the only requirements on it is being lvl 56

3) gemstone wand is best cuz it makes a set

Inching
03-14-2011, 07:04 PM
Do I have to finish all the otehr quests before I do this crown quest?

So I can go without a lvl 55 cowl and just wait for this crown right?

Major
03-14-2011, 07:06 PM
No you don't have to finish all the quests. I still have 26/30....still no idea lol.

I'd get a cowl if you want to make the mega Mage set.

KingFu
03-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Do I have to finish all the otehr quests before I do this crown quest?

So I can go without a lvl 55 cowl and just wait for this crown right?

1) That I'm not certain of. I don't think you need yo though, but I'm just guessing.

2) You can, I would for the set bonus.

Ellyidol
03-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Yup all from Fallen Prince.

Once you reach 56 you should talk to him even if he has no ! on his head (same when you finish quests from him, click him even if there's no ?).

Also I don't think it's needed to do the entire BS quest series since my bird barely did any and was able to get a crown :)

Yeah a crown is an actual helmet, not just a vanity. That's one reason why helms sell the cheapest among the armour pieces. It's up to you if you think the set bonus is worth giving up if you have all pinks :)

Inching
03-14-2011, 07:39 PM
thats stupid if the crown gives no set bonus.... that just forces you to use the lvl 55 cowl even if u have the crown... lame

thanks guys for ur replies, appreciate it brothas

I have the lvl 55 robe, gemshard staff and the gemstar wand.. not looking for the bracer and the dame crown i suppose....

do let me know if u guys know of sellers... peace <gang sign>

Ellyidol
03-14-2011, 08:23 PM
Yeah at the moment there's no actual benefit to actually using the crown vs the set helms aside from looking sexy :D

They did say they were adding sets to crowns though :)

Inching
03-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Last question...

To get the MM set bonus, do you have to use the Mega Mage Gemstone wand or any MM wand is fine? I only have the MM Gemstar wand, will this still have a set bonus assuming I have the complete set?

thanks

Ellyidol
03-14-2011, 08:39 PM
Beat place to look is here.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20560-lv-55-set-bonuses