PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends - Right where I belong...

Real
04-10-2010, 09:40 PM
I was born on May 16th, 1988. Coming out of the womb, my mother told me I had the eyes of a determined person... little did I know that would have anything to do with my MMO life.

September 27th, 1997
Ultima Online. That was the game, that was the game that started it all. The game that I anticipated with every breath inside my body. When the game was finally released, my father and I booted up the game and got to exploring the world. Never had I experienced such a beautiful fantasy world, anything so immersive, interesting, and visually pleasing. I liked playing the game with my father as my guide, both of us encountering new things and being able to experience such wondrous pleasure of being able to explore. I was determined just to enjoy the world, socialize with other players, and create lore behind my player's personality, both online and off.

April 5th, 1999
I had grown in MMO knowledge since my exploits in Ultima. Unfortunately, I was becoming rather displeased with the game's community, most of the kinder people leaving, with blood-thirsty gankers taking their place. I had heard about a game called Everquest, a game that was said to be extremely immersive.

That quote was not wrong.

My mouth dropped when I logged in to the world of Norrath. Beautiful 3D Trees, textures, models. I spent a good five hours... simply wandering... no cares, no fear, just being able to explore the world was great enough for me. My father later joined me in my experience, and we played for a couple months until school picked up again that fall.

Fast forward to May 16th, 2005.

It was my seventeenth birthday. I was now a rather seasoned casual MMO gamer since the age of nine, and I was proud to bear the title. I was now a gamer who was rather hard to immerse in a game, as I had pretty much seen it all.

Who was I to play a game and experience enjoyment anymore? I focused more on my studies, getting into Notre Dame, my dream school. Sports, and clubs were at the top of my priorities. My part-time job at a Car Dealership handled the financial side of my life. My girlfriend was my one true supreme other in my life. I was set, and I didn't need or want any other games in my life...

Until Everquest 2 was given to me by my father.

I looked him in the eyes, and he beamed at me... he really did. He figured it had been a couple years since we sat down and played a game together, and my seventeenth birthday would be time to put the old bond back together.

I placed the game in my new computer CD slot, and installed the game... and walked out of the room while it installed and my dad sitting anxiously in front of the computer.

I'll never forget this moment.

My dad made a Gnome Necromancer, and coming back, I read the quest lines, saw the combat, and was instantly hooked. This was the game that I would sporadically play, not in long periods, but in short enough periods where it wouldn't hurt to play late at night but also wouldn't be too long. New games did come out, with me trying it out with my late guild, but I stuck to the game, loving it the whole time.

In 2007, the Everquest 2 community took a nosedive. I was really mad, as many of my guildmates had become busy in their lives and bidding the game goodbye.

The same thing happened to me, I was now eighteen years old and starting my term at Notre Dame University. I was a happy camper in my life, being very involved in school arts, clubs, and social activities. I brought my MMO experiences to the free MMO industry, playing pretty much every game out there, with no further content. It saddened me, due to the fact that I had the euphoric memories of being able to enter a dungeon with SIXTY other players, with much activity and teamwork going on at the same time, with a great storyline that would have you on the edge of your seats, URGING for a Necromancer to summon a nice pet, your guild leader to bark out a command in his gristly role-play voice, your guild mates happily ensuing, thinking about the rewards to follow.

Now, I sit here typing about Pocket Legends. A game that shows great potential to not only a mature MMO gamer like myself, but anyone. This game promises features that I have been thinking and waiting for for years, but has never been properly executed. Hopefully, Pocket Legends will be the first to follow. For a game to pack such awesome features in a small client and in my pocket wherever I go is very impressive.

You can reach me in-game as Pause.

Reaper
04-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Nice life story ;)
Beatiful, just beatiful....

Banned
04-11-2010, 12:22 AM
Great story bro.

Jetshrike
04-11-2010, 03:02 AM
mmm Thats probably the most epic introduction here :P