PDA

View Full Version : Let's al take a quick guess!!!

Silentreaper
05-21-2010, 11:28 AM
How many people think that Apple has/hasn't even looked at the requested update?

LOL, i think that they hav and are just about to press that BIG red button allowing the request.
Perhaps a dev could also post and tell us any status reports they may have. :cool:;):cool:;)

Whatcha think?????

EDIT: HAHA nice typo in the thread title. dont laugh. XD

Violentsaint
05-21-2010, 11:32 AM
im sure apple has thousands of app request they have to go through daily, it wouldnt surprise me if they dont accept the request until next week.

King Richie
05-21-2010, 11:32 AM
There curretly checking the next update for the alarm clock app =) that could take HOURS lol !

KingFu
05-21-2010, 12:12 PM
LOL, maybe it is a big blue button. Either way, THEY NEED TO PRESS IT! PVP is making me anxious! By the way Silentreaper, empty your mail box, it is full so I can't reach you and neither can others!

KingFu
05-21-2010, 12:15 PM
By the way, have you guys seen Iphone OS 4? It's the new one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RarutHIe_LU

Sounds unrelated, but they both have to do with Iphone and updates, lol!

Leach
05-21-2010, 12:18 PM
I highly doubt my next phone will he a Iphone. This application process is leaving a bad taste in my mouth, plus Android just keeps on getting better.

KingFu
05-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Iphone 4 is coming out this summer! I am a phone fanatic trust me!

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Apple-iPhone-4-phone-p_4586.html

Diz
05-21-2010, 12:31 PM
I'll tell you what. I could care less how long it takes Apple to approve 1.2.

You know what I want to see changed about the App store and its obviously-flawed review process???

I want them to stop letting all of these stupid fake apps through the review process. You know the ones I'm talking about - $19.99 for "Tips on How to Prevent Constipation" by some guy in China [not saying that's bad, just describing the product] with some badly-translated / edited text version of a Web.md page. And the app will be somehow listed in STRATEGY GAMES or ADVENTURE GAMES. Heres an example of what I'm talking/getting angry about -

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/1745/as3l.jpg http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8048/as1d.jpg

The two obviously fake $19.99 apps are both listed in the Adventure Games section. And it's like this in almost every category of apps, in one form or another. I'm sorry, but Apple allowing people to basically scam other people like this [don't get me started on the "Mirror" app] is absolutely pathetic. Then again, if people are stupid enough to buy it...........

There's no doubt though that the actually-useful Apps are higher quality than they used to be. Almost universally. Just a few months ago, there were barely even any true online games available for the phone. Now, new online-enabled games are coming out every week. Still nobody even in the same realm as PL, though... so I don't see any competition in this particular market segment for a hot minute! -.-

Leach
05-21-2010, 12:41 PM
Noticed these type of apps last week, and i hope tons of people purchase them.

nerdherd
05-21-2010, 01:16 PM
I highly doubt my next phone will he a Iphone. This application process is leaving a bad taste in my mouth, plus Android just keeps on getting better.
Yay for Android! We seriously need a version of PL for Android...I have some pretty boring classes that I'd much rather be playing PL in :)

Diz
05-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Straight up, I always hated Apple. Even back when we'd rock the first Ultimas on Apple 2Es or Macs in school playing Number Munchers... I always disliked them. I used to use a G4 for music production with Pro Tools, but even that was annoying, too.

I had a first generation iPod a lonnnnng time ago, too, and man that thing sucked. I probably used it on 2 or 3 vacations / trips, total.

But my iPhone? This thing is the greatest!!!!! If you want to go try the Android that's cool and all, but you'll be back. iPhone wrecks the Android, I'm sorry.

nerdherd
05-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Something tells me you haven't used "the Android" before :) Let's not start an iPhone vs Android debate here though. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. The primary weakness for Android at the moment is that it doesn't have PL! I think we can all agree on that!

RedRyder
05-21-2010, 02:04 PM
I'm a blackberry person :). I enjoy whatever else an iPhone provides through my iPod :p rather than paying a rediculous 120 a month as opposed to my $60 a month

Leach
05-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Let's not start an iPhone vs Android debate here though. They both have their strengths and weaknesses

Ok valid point, i think my issues are with Apple and not there products.

nerdherd
05-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Yes, I really dislike a lot of Apple's ideas and policies, but dang I'm loving my iPad...and I will admit that I would love to have a MacBook Pro :)

Leach
05-21-2010, 02:10 PM
but dang I'm loving my iPad...

Yes yes yes, Google needs to get a tablet out. To be honest i think competition will do Apple good

Diz
05-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Something tells me you haven't used "the Android" before :)

My best friend and former room mate of years has done tier 3 tech support for Verizon for over 5 years - all he does is talk about new phones and OS. To the point where I'm like, "DUDE OMG STOOFOO!!!!" He likes the Android platform, and I like it too, but right now... in the middle of 2010... iPhone destroys the competition. I'd LOVE to have a non-Apple device that is not only capable of standing toe-to-toe in performance, but also could match in terms of content. And that's not even close... so don't get me wrong, hehe. I'm definitely NOT an Apple fanboy, but it's no contest at the moment.

Leach
05-21-2010, 02:19 PM
iPhone destroys the competition. I'd LOVE to have a non-Apple device that is not only capable of standing toe-to-toe in performance

Sad but true, that won't last forever.

TheBaconKing
05-21-2010, 02:24 PM
I would love it on android as well... I really want to cancel AT&T then buy an Incredible on Verizon..

But I suppose I could just play on Wifi on my iPhone if I do that..

nerdherd
05-21-2010, 02:27 PM
I have a Droid right now, but I am still tempted by the Incredible. It's just so...incredible!

Leach
05-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Played with my friends last night, super responsive.