PDA

View Full Version : Fossil in arena chests......

Bellaelda
03-09-2015, 02:18 PM
Hey all...

So maybe it's just me, but this drop rate is almost non existent imo! I know in our guild the officers have opened well over 10k arena chests (and probably closer to 20k or more, lol) and we have yet to see a fossil! I wouldn't even dare to guess how many chests guild as a whole has opened without ever hearing about one. I think this really needs to be looked at and reevaluated.

Not sure what the drop rate is at, but with as many runs as we do we should have had someone loot one by now! Please take at look at the numbers sts or how many have ever been looted in game and think about all our hard work.

If nothing else maybe give us a double or triple odds week with these fossils (not that I think that would help as nobody ever finds even one, lol) but any help on these things would be appreciated by all I believe! :-)

rstilzchen
03-09-2015, 02:28 PM
Better it stay as rare as now. Necros destroy pvp

Noobx
03-09-2015, 02:37 PM
I think one or two have been looted today. Theres 2 being sold in traders market section of forums

ketoh
03-09-2015, 03:04 PM
Agree

Ssneakykills
03-09-2015, 03:17 PM
Looting one = Rich

People are willing to pay absurd amounts of gold for nekro or the fossil

Ravager
03-09-2015, 04:28 PM
I think one or two have been looted today. Theres 2 being sold in traders market section of forums

But those could have come from crates and not necessarily from arena chests.

Rx8
03-09-2015, 06:53 PM
But those could have come from crates and not necessarily from arena chests.

I agree with rav, even if u open 1m arena chests to get one fossil, youd get one from 100 locks then, rofl.

Bellaelda
03-09-2015, 07:14 PM
Yeah I'd bet those were from locked crates... They are basically non existant in arena chests.

Ravager
03-09-2015, 07:19 PM
I've farmed arena countless hours. 11 recipes. 0 fossils. Gotten 2 locked crates inside arena chests oddly enough.

mmaachilles211
03-09-2015, 07:22 PM
I've farmed arena countless hours. 11 recipes. 0 fossils. Gotten 2 locked crates inside arena chests oddly enough.

How often do u loot a recipe? Like one every 200 rounds?

Valkiryas
03-09-2015, 07:24 PM
I really dislike this arena chest, Why? Because the chance to get a Fossil it's ridicously low.

Tatman
03-09-2015, 07:38 PM
Didn't Whitecaster loot one from arena chest or am I mistaken?

Ovve
03-09-2015, 07:41 PM

when someone hardly to get one.. his already looted 11.. very lucky :)

GoodSyntax
03-09-2015, 08:06 PM
Almost 900 runs, and I haven't even SEEN one, let alone looted one :-/

Ravager
03-09-2015, 08:39 PM
How often do u loot a recipe? Like one every 200 rounds?

Well, to stay closely related to the topic, I'll loosely estimate my lootings and compare.

I usually go in parties of 4. My teammates have looted about 4 maybe? I'd say 1 in every 250 runs.

Recipe:
---------------
Arena:
250 * 4 = 1,000 rolls for a team of 4. So loosely estimated 1 in 1000 for recipe?

Crates to get any mythic (including lunar and doom):
250 * 3 items inside = 750 rolls. So 1 in 250 crates?

Fossil:
----------------
Arena:

????????
None of my teammates have looted fossil. Total our teams maybe looted 15 total included with my 11 recipes.
250 * 4 * 15 = 15,0000 rolls.

Crates:
1500 * 3 = 4500 rolls. So 1 in 4500 Crates?

tristan339
03-09-2015, 08:59 PM
So basically if I pay 600 USD I *might* loot one or if I do arena 8 hrs a day for 6 months... Maybe.

Doframingo
03-09-2015, 09:15 PM
So basically if I pay 600 USD I *might* loot one or if I do arena 8 hrs a day for 6 months... Maybe.

Explain

mmaachilles211
03-09-2015, 09:33 PM
Well, to stay closely related to the topic, I'll loosely estimate my lootings and compare.

I usually go in parties of 4. My teammates have looted about 4 maybe? I'd say 1 in every 250 runs.

Recipe:
---------------
Arena:
250 * 4 = 1,000 rolls for a team of 4. So loosely estimated 1 in 1000 for recipe?

Crates to get any mythic (including lunar and doom):
250 * 3 items inside = 750 rolls. So 1 in 250 crates?

Fossil:
----------------
Arena:

????????
None of my teammates have looted fossil. Total our teams maybe looted 15 total included with my 11 recipes.
250 * 4 * 15 = 15,0000 rolls.

Crates:
1500 * 3 = 4500 rolls. So 1 in 4500 Crates?

Ty sir for the info...now if only I had ur luck haha...400 + runs and I haven't seen one or looted one myself :(

tristan339
03-09-2015, 11:27 PM
Explain
I didn't bother with math, but presuming accuracy of the above statistics and in the number of runs in the data is should be sound allowing that drop rates are based on % of x and sometime (%*%*x). Then 1-4500 crate drop x 15 plat to open = 67500 plat ÷ 1400 plat at $89 *48.21 purchases = $4,291 + change for rounding. Or by arena which is given as an unknown x=<15,000 allowing for speedy arena runs at 10 mins to complete all rounds... 15,000÷6= greater than 2,500 farming hours. Of course all this is factious and the above numbers probably are not representative of sts pure number %'s as this would be unfathomable as a model base. Which is why I didn't bother to do the math. Although drop rate calculations should be reconsidered both for locks and farmers. I've spent about $400 and have seen nothing but 2 mythic helms for the last $250, and I bought during 40% off sell and opened during 8 plat open sell.

Bellaelda
03-10-2015, 12:07 AM
Lol... That's a lot of math!

I think I understand though... Basically we're more likely to get hit by lighting while farming arena on a leap day than we are to find a fossil from those arena chests.

Ravager
03-10-2015, 02:25 AM
I didn't bother with math, but presuming accuracy of the above statistics and in the number of runs in the data is should be sound allowing that drop rates are based on % of x and sometime (%*%*x). Then 1-4500 crate drop x 15 plat to open = 67500 plat ÷ 1400 plat at $89 *48.21 purchases = $4,291 + change for rounding. Or by arena which is given as an unknown x=<15,000 allowing for speedy arena runs at 10 mins to complete all rounds... 15,000÷6= greater than 2,500 farming hours. Of course all this is factious and the above numbers probably are not representative of sts pure number %'s as this would be unfathomable as a model base. Which is why I didn't bother to do the math. Although drop rate calculations should be reconsidered both for locks and farmers. I've spent about $400 and have seen nothing but 2 mythic helms for the last $250, and I bought during 40% off sell and opened during 8 plat open sell.

well x is actually gonna be >= 15,000 since with 15,000 rolls, none of us got a fossil in our group.

tristan339
03-10-2015, 02:27 AM
well x is actually gonna be >= 15,000 since with 15,000 rolls, none of us got a fossil in our group.
Correct typo thank you.

Soundlesskill
03-10-2015, 06:26 AM
Lol 11 recipes.... Fossil is just a myth I swear..

Rx8
03-10-2015, 06:28 AM
Lol... That's a lot of math!

I think I understand though... Basically we're more likely to get hit by lighting while farming arena on a leap day than we are to find a fossil from those arena chests.

rofl, I stood alll dayy in rooks nest when the lightning struck me...I saw...I saw...Arcane deary, but when i went to grab it. My phone exploded and i woke up :\ sadly it was a dream :\

Onepiedead
03-10-2015, 06:51 AM
I rather go to Las Vegas, atleast i have a chance to win something there.

Excuses
03-10-2015, 09:09 AM
I feel like sts put Fossil in arena chest just to say 'It's a free game. You can farm it.' but in reality, it's impossible to obtain this way.
Hope they remember all farmers use Plats in other ways(ankh and lix) and actually play this game too, so hope they give us better chance to make more profits from elite farming.

Haligali
03-10-2015, 11:00 AM
I know a few who looted, but better do not expect recipe and fossil, just farm gems.

Shackler
03-10-2015, 02:51 PM
I know a few who looted, but better do not expect recipe and fossil, just farm gems.

Lol hali. Never lose your hope man ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jhawkeye
03-10-2015, 03:36 PM
My soul mission now is to farm one before the month ends

Dex Scene
03-10-2015, 03:59 PM
I feel like sts put Fossil in arena chest just to say 'It's a free game. You can farm it.' but in reality, it's impossible to obtain this way.
Hope they remember all farmers use Plats in other ways(ankh and lix) and actually play this game too, so hope they give us better chance to make more profits from elite farming.
^
Exactly what I think.

Bellaelda
03-10-2015, 05:38 PM

Yup... Between all us here there's been thousands (if not hundreds of thousands chests opened. That fossil is just nonexistent in arena chests.

Really frustrating

Akatsuuki
03-10-2015, 11:56 PM
Drop rate has been dramatically low lately I open crates regularly (ursume, grand crates. And arena chest) since feb 14 I hardly got anytime from crates I think it's due to the flooding of items in the market prices aren't good as before so I think Sts made a less on % of the drop rate lately .. Before I get an arcane within 2-3 days now not event a single egg for the past 3 weeks I'll i got was 2 uller helm 2 mythic pendant it's like 700 crates been open already and nothing good came out

Bellaelda
03-11-2015, 06:08 AM
Drop rate has been dramatically low lately I open crates regularly (ursume, grand crates. And arena chest) since feb 14 I hardly got anytime from crates I think it's due to the flooding of items in the market prices aren't good as before so I think Sts made a less on % of the drop rate lately .. Before I get an arcane within 2-3 days now not event a single egg for the past 3 weeks I'll i got was 2 uller helm 2 mythic pendant it's like 700 crates been open already and nothing good came out

If this is the issue they need to state that, but as far as I know fossils have always been missing in action from the arena chests... I think there was one week (when they first added or upped odds) that two people in game looted one... Other than that I've never heard a single player looting one... And trust me, I ask around, lol

sevenpain
03-11-2015, 10:29 PM
I believe darkmaiki just loot it and another was sold for 42m a week ago

Bellaelda
03-11-2015, 10:57 PM
I believe darkmaiki just loot it and another was sold for 42m a week ago

No he didn't loot one... He bought one.

And that still didn't come from arena chests

Bellaelda
03-15-2015, 04:13 PM
I rather go to Las Vegas, atleast i have a chance to win something there.

Lol! House odds here are crazy high... Vegas sounds like a much safer bet!

Volt
03-15-2015, 04:58 PM
Something that will make you 50m+ in one random moment should be as Rare as this. I know of someone that looted two which resulted in him having 100m+ in less than a week.

Of course the price is a result of the rarity, but increasing the drop rate will result in:
1. less locked crates being opened(sts doesn't want that).
2. more nekro pets distributed throughout the game (it's an overly powered pet which should be as Rare as shady and surge for the moment).

When people talk about upping the the drop rate, they don't mean making it .01% higher than the previous drop rate percentage. Rather, in their minds they are asking for a percentage which will give them a nekro.

If stg ramps up the drop rate I feel that it will result in:
1. Too many nekros surfacing in the game

Or

2. No real difference at all (example: increasing by. 01%)

What I'd suggest is the introduction of a 'Farmers Weekend' which is basically a weekend which significantly increases the drop rate for randomly selected lootable items throughout arlor. If a fossil weekend came around, it might satisfy some if not most of the demand for the nekro pet.

Everyone wants the pet, but I feel like only about 3-5% of players actually have the gold to pay for a fossil/nekro. Once they are satisfied, the price range of these items might fall from 45-55m to 35-45m.

Just my thoughts
Feedback is welcome

Farminer's
03-15-2015, 05:00 PM
You all are lucky at least you can run arena

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

GoodSyntax
03-15-2015, 05:04 PM
I'm all for rare. Rare is great. Rare maintains value, rare keeps things desirable.

BUT, at this point, I have over 900 arena runs under my belt. I have seen exactly ZERO recipe drops to anyone in my party, and I have looted exactly ZERO fossils.

900+ runs....nothing. Too rare!

Farminer's
03-15-2015, 05:05 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/15/5e11a89d24507810a3a7050fa5a9fb7a.jpg I actually killed first 3 mobs!!!! Not 1 death and 3 HP pots used not to bad.

Volt
03-15-2015, 05:09 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/15/5e11a89d24507810a3a7050fa5a9fb7a.jpg I actually killed first 3 mobs!!!! Not 1 death and 3 HP pots used not to bad.

Rofl

Volt
03-15-2015, 05:12 PM
I'm all for rare. Rare is great. Rare maintains value, rare keeps things desirable.

BUT, at this point, I have over 900 arena runs under my belt. I have seen exactly ZERO recipe drops to anyone in my party, and I have looted exactly ZERO fossils.

I understand your frustration. All I can really say is that is some horrible luck :/ I've ran ~50 for my first recipe loot. I wasnt asking for it, just the right place at the right time. This is for recipe though... I can't say anything about fossil from personal experience.

Jazzi
03-15-2015, 06:04 PM

I have about 400 runs and also have neither looted a recipe, nor have i seen anyone in my party loot one. The latter being actually worse for me as it does not give me any hope. So eventually i ended up buying one. The pendant is really great that much I can say. The proc is once in a blue moon though. Yesterday i soloed planar tomb 2 five times. In those 5 times the pendant proced exactly once o.O.

As for the fossil. In all honesty I really doubt that it is even in there.

Anyway I continue running arena, but at least now the recipe is not an unreachable goal as a have it, albeit not looted myself :-) Better luck next time Kali

Farminer's
03-15-2015, 06:10 PM
Rofl
I'm bad in lvl 41 lol I only done PvP ever in AL

GoodSyntax
03-15-2015, 06:52 PM
Ultimately, this is my whole frustration with luck based systems. I have 900+ runs in. I know dozens of players with 700+ runs without even seeing a recipe. Then there are those that have looted three or more recipes in only two hundred runs.

This does not encourage people to work harder. It does not reward skill, nor perseverance. All you can say is "hope I'm lucky next run." Not very motivating....

Bellaelda
03-15-2015, 06:56 PM
Something that will make you 50m+ in one random moment should be as Rare as this. I know of someone that looted two which resulted in him having 100m+ in less than a week.

Of course the price is a result of the rarity, but increasing the drop rate will result in:
1. less locked crates being opened(sts doesn't want that).
2. more nekro pets distributed throughout the game (it's an overly powered pet which should be as Rare as shady and surge for the moment).

When people talk about upping the the drop rate, they don't mean making it .01% higher than the previous drop rate percentage. Rather, in their minds they are asking for a percentage which will give them a nekro.

If stg ramps up the drop rate I feel that it will result in:
1. Too many nekros surfacing in the game

Or

2. No real difference at all (example: increasing by. 01%)

What I'd suggest is the introduction of a 'Farmers Weekend' which is basically a weekend which significantly increases the drop rate for randomly selected lootable items throughout arlor. If a fossil weekend came around, it might satisfy some if not most of the demand for the nekro pet.

Everyone wants the pet, but I feel like only about 3-5% of players actually have the gold to pay for a fossil/nekro. Once they are satisfied, the price range of these items might fall from 45-55m to 35-45m.

Just my thoughts
Feedback is welcome

I'm actually OK with this idea... And I only wanted to see the rate very slightly increased or a weekend where odds are higher occasionally... I agree that this pet should remain very rare, but I'd like to see at least one person I know loot one... Right now it just seems like a myth, lol.

Volt
03-15-2015, 08:46 PM
Rofl
I'm bad in lvl 41 lol I only done PvP ever in AL

I'm sorry I'm nab, I didn't understand. I'm completely confused and I thought ur pic was purposely a joke._.

Farminer's
03-15-2015, 11:50 PM
I'm sorry I'm nab, I didn't understand. I'm completely confused and I thought ur pic was purposely a joke._.
Lol NP I was surprised I got that far without dying honestly

Wazakesy
03-17-2015, 12:27 AM
What arcane fossil? What can me do with it? How to get it?...

Sorry my bad english...im new learner at english...

debitmandiri
03-17-2015, 09:00 AM
What arcane fossil? What can me do with it? How to get it?...

Sorry my bad english...im new learner at english...

Arcane fossil is one of the rarest ingredients for crafting nekro egg, how to obtain is by opening locked crate or arena chest

Sorcerie
03-17-2015, 09:58 AM
I'm with you all on this, and I'm afraid that this fossil just falls into the same category of elite golden chests dropping Arcane items.

You hear it happens, but only second hand from a guy who knows a guy who's best friends with your wife's uncle.

So my question is, how is it that people who open locked crates see more fossils than people who have run arena 900+ times?

Shouldn't there be at least a low supply of these fossils every once and a while?

As in enough to see them being listed once or twice every couple of weeks? Because we know players are going mad looking for it in the arena, but they never seem to drop and it's getting past the point of frustration.

Is it too much to ask that this dam thing actually be attainable?

Hell, take it out of the chest and give it it's own loot table like the planar pendant recipe.

Just give us something to work towards that we know will actually be there if we try, ffs.

Volt
03-17-2015, 11:09 AM
I'm with you all on this, and I'm afraid that this fossil just falls into the same category of elite golden chests dropping Arcane items.

You hear it happens, but only second hand from a guy who knows a guy who's best friends with your wife's uncle.

So my question is, how is it that people who open locked crates see more fossils than people who have run arena 900+ times?

Shouldn't there be at least a low supply of these fossils every once and a while?

As in enough to see them being listed once or twice every couple of weeks? Because we know players are going mad looking for it in the arena, but they never seem to drop and it's getting past the point of frustration.

Is it too much to ask that this dam thing actually be attainable?

Hell, take it out of the chest and give it it's own loot table like the planar pendant recipe.

Just give us something to work towards that we know will actually be there if we try, ffs.

Well it's there. I have some friends who had a fossil and don't open locks who claimed they got it from an arena chest. Pretty reliable to me since I saw it in the trade window. Anyways, if fossil dropped at the same rate in both locks and arena chests, what would be the point of a locked crate?

Sorcerie
03-17-2015, 11:21 AM
Well it's there. I have some friends who had a fossil and don't open locks who claimed they got it from an arena chest. Pretty reliable to me since I saw it in the trade window. Anyways, if fossil dropped at the same rate in both locks and arena chests, what would be the point of a locked crate?Is it? Cause the general consensus here is that it's not dropping for people who run arena HEAVILY.

You'd think that people who invest so much time chasing the fossil would have at least seen one or know someone who has, and it's not really happening. Except for your affiliates.

Also, did you really just defend a system that's P2W? Shouldn't we have an equal chance with effort?

Volt
03-17-2015, 11:28 AM
Well it's there. I have some friends who had a fossil and don't open locks who claimed they got it from an arena chest. Pretty reliable to me since I saw it in the trade window. Anyways, if fossil dropped at the same rate in both locks and arena chests, what would be the point of a locked crate?Is it? Cause the general consensus here is that it's not dropping for people who run arena HEAVILY. You'd think that people who invest so much time chasing the fossil would have at least seen one or know someone who has, and it's not really happening.

Also, did you really just defend a system that's P2W?

It's a system that relies on luck. What else do you want me to say? :rolleyes: running "HEAVILY" won't assure a fossil or high quality loot.

And I'm defending reality.

Sorcerie
03-17-2015, 01:56 PM
It's a system that relies on luck. What else do you want me to say? :rolleyes: running "HEAVILY" won't assure a fossil or high quality loot.

And I'm defending reality.It's one thing to be unlucky, and then it's another when it turns into something like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHbtcvk_KBs

Need I say more?

Noobx
03-17-2015, 03:40 PM
It doesn't rely on luck, necessarily. It relies more on a random "luck" percentage that your character is autonatically given as well as a number generator. That is not luck.

greekAL
03-23-2015, 11:46 AM
i have saw only 1 thing 2 years in game!! my luck suxxx! i just want something that i can farm and try for it! very good option of sts was frags! really enjoy them but already is over nothing value to buy with them! from winter event i m doing 20-50 runs per day in arena still no fossyl for me and 1 recipe drop :P

Ssneakykills
03-23-2015, 11:57 AM
i have saw only 1 thing 2 years in game!! my luck suxxx! i just want something that i can farm and try for it! very good option of sts was frags! really enjoy them but already is over nothing value to buy with them! from winter event i m doing 20-50 runs per day in arena still no fossyl for me and 1 recipe drop :P

You should be chuffed with the recipe drop then :)

regizakirs.rs
03-23-2015, 12:11 PM
Yup... Between all us here there's been thousands (if not hundreds of thousands chests opened. That fossil is just nonexistent in arena chests.

Really frustrating
A few million ^_^