PDA

View Full Version : How do I obtain gold?

Schnitzel
03-09-2015, 09:42 PM
So, I'm trying to get enough gold to get a lvl41 mythic staff (Lost Souls Scythe)
These will be my stats with the mythic staff

Its around 4,000,000 gold.
Right now I'm at a little under 5k (bought about 50k worth of lovecraft chests, trying to get cupid vanity for my mage)

I've read the guides on the AL Player Guides about Merchanting.
Only problem is: Just about everything i invest money in, the price drops a couple days/weeks after I've bought the items.

So with 5k, What do I do?
I don't have any platinum.
Only thing i have, probably worth some gold, are my vanities, and a Prance, and Breezaga egg...
but if I sold all of those things, I still won't be anywhere near 4m.

I would like to ask the community if they could give me some tips on obtaining gold

thanks

Overweightank
03-09-2015, 09:58 PM
Okay, So first you want to Sell your breezaga and prance egg in auction. put it a few k's less :) , if you have a lepre, start to farm lockeds and gem essences. That'll rack up to about 100k or so. Then you start doing easy elites and normal nordr Kelvin farming and elite golden pirate chest farming. This gradually gets you up to about 200-500k. Then from there you get ready to farm bigger and bigger. Dont ski[ steps. :)

Fyrce
03-09-2015, 10:19 PM
Even lower level Elite chests sell for some gold. The gold ones sell for more. And lower level Elites are nothing to run. Even solo. Combine Elite chest and egg farming.

Arachnophobik
03-09-2015, 11:37 PM
One of the things i wanna see on the next cap is a good way to obtain gold without having to rely on ankhs so itll be fair for those new/poor players. Sort of like the days when ppl just farm km3/elite rooks nest/elite tindirin. I miss those days. Where u have to learn how to park instead of just spamming ankhs. These days i can see some ppl struggling to get 50k gold, ppl gambling all their money on ankhs for a chance on the recipe and end up upsetting themselves. The gap between rich and average is so high, lets say u got 5m worth of gear, ull be facing ppl who has gear worth 100m or more. Skills doesnt even matter much anymore due to this gap. I miss 36 cap. Hope the next cap will be great.

carmine_blade
03-10-2015, 01:21 AM
For starters, don't waste money on things like vanities! Had you farmed the lovecraft chests hardcore, and the candies that dropped during the Valentine's event, you could have had an easy million by now. At least. If you don't want to pay real money for plat you're gonna have to put a LOT of time into farming, and not squander any of your precious gold on irrelevant (stats-wise, anyway) things :) do you have a leprechaun pendant?

Dragoonclaws
03-10-2015, 01:29 AM
Add me Ruizhe, i want to farm with you, Let's say I am having the same problem as you :)

Zylx
03-10-2015, 01:53 AM
I have like 300 gold left from the exact same reason. o.o

ClumsyCactus
03-10-2015, 02:10 AM
Okay, so, my Way of earning gold... Nobody has ever heard the full version before...
1. Participate in guildevents and win.
2. Participate in forumevents and win.
3. Be a lucky idiot Who loots something crazy on the first run in planar.
4. Get stuff/gold from a friend Who quits.
5. Wait for events and MERCH MERCH MERCH
Thats Where about 98% of my gold come from ^^
(ooooor you could just farm elite maps, bet half of the people on forums would love running with ya)

Fyrce
03-10-2015, 02:27 AM
Opening chests does not make you money. Selling items in demand does. The really rare items are that: REALLY RARE. There are common drop items that make gold though. In the last event, candies and chests were those items.

In the regular game, there are the locked crates. Selling them, not opening them.

Doing easy elites WITHOUT using up any ankhs and not a lot of potions for eggs and chests to SELL are another way to make gold.

Run the minstrel quest (does this even take 5 minutes?) and the hauntlet also gets you easy gold.

All of these methods are easy, fast and give you a steady supply to running-around-pot money. A steady supply allows you to save and to run harder elites and arena.

After awhile, I would hope you would have a stockpile of things to sell a little at a time to fund your non-moneymaking playing.

But the 1st thing really is to sell stuff, save gold and not to spend it.

neoanderson
03-10-2015, 03:10 AM
jinathedemo is right, MERCH. dont just jump in, watch and get a feel. I even made a spreadsheet bar graph of 5 weeks of prices before i jumped in. it takes time and even if you doubled your gold every day it would take 10 days to reach your goal and thats very very unrealistic. The lovecraft event and beastmaster frog eggs made prices drop so hard it"ll be like a bouncy ball. Look i cant give you 4 mill, but i have a real hard time finding a party that tries as hard as i do so im stuck in shadow plains. I want to get to last stage. Im a lvl 27 warrior "Phillephill",im not sure what its worth ,but if you help me ill help you. Same for anyone.Thanks so much for awesome game STS.

Ravager
03-10-2015, 03:26 AM
You're going to have to find friends / guild that have the same goals as you. Don't skip the daily quests for story tokens. You will need many inventory slots to hoard crap. You could try farming teeth and locked until you max your hp/mana potions. Once you have that, try to save up on some ankhs. Afterwards, farm arena or tombs. Everything requires investment to get higher drops. Tombs and Arena have the lower risks, high reward.

Arena:
Eats up pots and ankhs but you can get most if not all that money back from reinforced gems, vials and whatever random drops inside of arena chests back to make up for it most of the time. If you're lucky, you'll loot recipe and will be able to get that staff and/or more.

Tombs:
Eats up pots and ankhs also but you will get a guaranteed item at the end of many runs from the npc in the tombs hall. Extra planar chests are icing on the cake if you loot any.

Again, you need like-minded people in order to meet your goal.

Erebos
03-10-2015, 03:32 AM
get a lepre and hunt in km3 u have a chance of getting nexus egg and locks
u will get pirate chests also from which u can also get pinfeather egg which is around 100 k
thats where i hunt hope u like that place

Erebos
03-10-2015, 03:34 AM
and another thing save locks and sell in events cuz atm they r around 4.5 k and in event they r 9 k +

Rx8
03-10-2015, 04:00 AM
3. Be a lucky idiot Who loots something crazy on the first run in planar.

Actually i fall under this category :P

nevercan
03-10-2015, 12:36 PM
What did ya loot?

noahgoulin
03-10-2015, 01:10 PM
Me too lol

noahgoulin
03-10-2015, 01:11 PM
You're going to have to find friends / guild that have the same goals as you. Don't skip the daily quests for story tokens. You will need many inventory slots to hoard crap. You could try farming teeth and locked until you max your hp/mana potions. Once you have that, try to save up on some ankhs. Afterwards, farm arena or tombs. Everything requires investment to get higher drops. Tombs and Arena have the lower risks, high reward.

Arena:
Eats up pots and ankhs but you can get most if not all that money back from reinforced gems, vials and whatever random drops inside of arena chests back to make up for it most of the time. If you're lucky, you'll loot recipe and will be able to get that staff and/or more.

Tombs:
Eats up pots and ankhs also but you will get a guaranteed item at the end of many runs from the npc in the tombs hall. Extra planar chests are icing on the cake if you loot any.

Again, you need like-minded people in order to meet your goal.
Like ravager said farming tombs and arena is the best way to earn gold

Transfordark
03-10-2015, 01:44 PM
Okay, so, my Way of earning gold... Nobody has ever heard the full version before...
1. Participate in guildevents and win.
2. Participate in forumevents and win.

I see those dovabears are finally paying off :D.
Ruizhe, The best advice I can give is believe in yourself.
I also used to ask for advice and tips on making gold. I used to believe I couldn't reach my goals and always had lost hope on myself.
But, Never give up :D. As I achieved my goal in getting frost bulwark and soon will get that arcane maul. First of all play this game for fun not for making money with this you will enjoy the game and earn money.
If you made a mistake then learn from it and most of all be patient. Merching nowadays is a great way to earn money it just requires patience. Just be patient with selling items and buying them etc.

But most of all a message to everyone. Why are we taking this game so seriously? We just get jealous of each other that he has an arcane item. Be happy for what you have you never know how much its worth. We are just so focused in these games that even a loss of money or scamming and we get angry and stressed and imagine, Why me? Why does it had to be me?. I'm not trying to criticize anyone.
Just for one second realize about humanity think about those poor people who just have ONE Wish To LIVE so why do we complain so much when we are so blessed?
We are lucky and we still don't realize it.

chipping
03-10-2015, 02:05 PM
Well, im in dire straits too and share very much the same goal as u do.

So feel free to add me if u ever get lonely farming :3
well get there someday :'D

Clickbangboom
03-10-2015, 02:17 PM
Hmmm... A senior member on forums and a member of Enigmatics and you're asking how to earn gold? Something seems funny here...

Any ways, partake in the Enigmatic contest that they are going to start and win the singe egg and then sell for 12m. Or get second place and get 2m or 3rd for 1m... that would be a good start. And plus all the stuff you will probably loot throughout the comp you can sell and that would probably pad your pockets fairly well too. :)
Or farm, farm, farm some more like most people have said.

ClumsyCactus
03-10-2015, 02:36 PM
I see those dovabears are finally paying off :D.
Ruizhe, The best advice I can give is believe in yourself.
I also used to ask for advice and tips on making gold. I used to believe I couldn't reach my goals and always had lost hope on myself.
But, Never give up :D. As I achieved my goal in getting frost bulwark and soon will get that arcane maul. First of all play this game for fun not for making money with this you will enjoy the game and earn money.
If you made a mistake then learn from it and most of all be patient. Merching nowadays is a great way to earn money it just requires patience. Just be patient with selling items and buying them etc.

But most of all a message to everyone. Why are we taking this game so seriously? We just get jealous of each other that he has an arcane item. Be happy for what you have you never know how much its worth. We are just so focused in these games that even a loss of money or scamming and we get angry and stressed and imagine, Why me? Why does it had to be me?. I'm not trying to criticize anyone.
Just for one second realize about humanity think about those poor people who just have ONE Wish To LIVE so why do we complain so much when we are so blessed?
We are lucky and we still don't realize it.

EY since when are you a active forumer? Lol

Erebos
03-10-2015, 03:08 PM
Did my tips helped u ??

Jhawkeye
03-10-2015, 04:06 PM
1. Comfy couch, bed or my personal favorite, dark corner
2. Outlet
3. Enough pizza to last 3 months (Preferably pepperoni)
4. Farm Arena till you die

When you finally get either a recipe drop or the ultra rare possibly not even droppable arcane fossil make up with your girlfriend and begin to enjoy life

JohnnyHardcore
03-10-2015, 04:23 PM
2. Outlet

When you finally get either a recipe drop or the ultra rare possibly not even droppable arcane fossil make up with your girlfriend and begin to enjoy life

I almost choked on my coffee laughing at this.

Rx8
03-11-2015, 12:05 AM
What did ya loot?

Looted the damn recipe. Ended up opening in my alts inventory :\

nevercan
03-11-2015, 01:39 AM
Looted the damn recipe. Ended up opening in my alts inventory :\
Lol :p you shoud of sel it

Newcomx
03-11-2015, 03:32 AM
So, I'm trying to get enough gold to get a lvl41 mythic staff (Lost Souls Scythe)
These will be my stats with the mythic staff

Its around 4,000,000 gold.
Right now I'm at a little under 5k (bought about 50k worth of lovecraft chests, trying to get cupid vanity for my mage)

I've read the guides on the AL Player Guides about Merchanting.
Only problem is: Just about everything i invest money in, the price drops a couple days/weeks after I've bought the items.

So with 5k, What do I do?
I don't have any platinum.
Only thing i have, probably worth some gold, are my vanities, and a Prance, and Breezaga egg...
but if I sold all of those things, I still won't be anywhere near 4m.

I would like to ask the community if they could give me some tips on obtaining gold

thanks

If you buy stuff and hope it would go up and sell it later.... I think it's risky because AL economy is going down now, not many gold circulating right now, everybody holds their gold and makes others discount their prices. This we can see from the most tradeable stuff in AL, and that is Locked. Even an event cannot make the locked price high enough to make reasonable profit. The fast way to earn gold is farming and merch farmed stuff at low price, so it will sell fast and we don't have to list it twice so the auction not eat all the profit.

Rx8
03-11-2015, 03:36 AM
Lol :p you shoud of sel it

Lol, learned the recipe....support said they cant undo it...so...yeah...

Rx8
03-11-2015, 04:59 AM
Ruizhe....Try to farm Tindirin wilds for the dragonite bar? I managed to get one bar in 1-1.5 Weeks....

Buy ankhs and probably try to learn more about the market, like supply and demand of an item.

If you are busy in real life, just keep doing tindirin wilds and then switch to planar tombs for gears

Earlingstad
03-11-2015, 05:36 AM
2. Outlet

Hahahahahha! ahahahahahaa i loved this

Schnitzel
03-11-2015, 11:03 PM
Ruizhe....Try to farm Tindirin wilds for the dragonite bar? I managed to get one bar in 1-1.5 Weeks....

Buy ankhs and probably try to learn more about the market, like supply and demand of an item.

If you are busy in real life, just keep doing tindirin wilds and then switch to planar tombs for gears

sold Breezaga and Prance yesterday, got 80k total...
I actually never thought the Dragonite bars were loot-able (thought they were teeth bought only)

Hopefully I can start running Tindirin next week (got no school next week :D )

Ravager
03-11-2015, 11:29 PM
I actually never thought the Dragonite bars were loot-able (thought they were teeth bought only)

They are teeth bought.

Rx8
03-12-2015, 04:47 AM

Great! Hit me up if you prefer a party farming. I do have college, but ill try this weekend - If i have no researches or presentations.

I will be sending you a friend request from a few seconds after this post.

Powergear546
03-12-2015, 05:34 AM
Lol for continuous 2 years I farmed and farmed along with increasing stash and inventory and now atm i have around 318 locks @5k gold which i bought from auc after selling my old items i gained more money lol and i sold around 8 kelvin eggs by farming with lepre.

Now i will sell those locks when price goes up(maybe around 10k) and u can imagine the profit

justhell
03-12-2015, 05:36 AM
Usually I do random farm at this situation,and set my target for each day income (I set my daily target 100k ++ usually).

This where I usually farm,normal nordr map 3 (kelvin egg worth 17.5k - 25k) if ur lucky u can meet krunch II - elite kraken map 2 ( elite gold pirate chest worth 17.5k - 25k) - normal nordr map 5 (vixen egg worth 17.5k - 25k) run that map mixed,when I feel boring I'll switch to farm lock (jarl and KM 3),jarl elite for loki egg worth 8k - 12k or farm teeth on elite or normal tindrin map 1.

Buy some luck kit if u can afford (7k - 8.5k atm) I can earn 10k - 100k from each luck kit,use some gold for another luck kit and save some for your target or for the event. (Just noob advised I usually set my target lil by lil,start from my lil target till my dream target)

Event is my favourite time for earn gold,when ppl busy spent their gold for LB running I can gain some million from one event.

I don't have any advised about merch atm,price keep turning like crazy. Just kits thing save way to merch atm I guest.

Sorry for my bad english.

nevercan
03-12-2015, 07:14 AM

U can farm teeth and with the teeth you farm you can buy dragonite bar

Jhawkeye
03-12-2015, 08:56 AM
If you're gonna look to the merching side here's what I did. yell "Buying all mythic gear and eggs!" Then lowball like a boss. Got up to about 5m in about 3.5 weeks or so. I started with 1m gold though which I had from l36 cap

Aardit
03-12-2015, 12:22 PM
U have 80k. Buy 5-10 Luck kits. Go farm lockeds&eggs (in normal maps). Sell them for gold, you will surely get the money back. Do this everyday and 1-2 weeks you will probably get 200k<. And that's great! What's next? Repeat, repeat and repeat. After 1 month u have almost 1M. (With this 1M u can buy lockeds and merch with them. Atm they are 4k. When Mythic weekend/Event comes they will rise to 7-8k). This is what I do! Good luck. If u want add me
My name is Aardit :)

Transfordark
03-16-2015, 07:54 AM
2. Outlet

^This Lol

Transfordark
03-16-2015, 07:56 AM
EY since when are you a active forumer? Lol
Imma Active Stalker..