PDA

View Full Version : Question about farming 51 and 53 level gear

Doubletime
03-15-2011, 08:24 AM
Yesterday I tried farming in the sewers for level 51 gear. Our party was made up of three level 51s and two level 50s.

The problem was that the drops we were getting were level 53. I was confused. One of the guys in the party said that we all had to be level 50 to get 51 level drops.

I am pretty sure Drew and some others said as long as everyone in the party was 52 or lower, we would get 51 level drops. So I am confused about what we were doing wrong. Maybe the party plus high level gear (void, cosmos, shadow) made the threat level of the mobs wrong? I didn't look at the color of the dots by the mobs at the time.

I know that it wasn't because a higher level joined and left, because it was a locked game only the 5 of us joined. Any ideas?

Also, we only tried it twice going straight to a mini-boss in Hideout. We never finished the board b/c the drops were 53. Just looking for ideas as to what may have been going on.

Thanks.

BeardedBear
03-15-2011, 08:29 AM
Me, Drew and Jim were doing this last night with lvls 50-52. We got lvl 53 drops from boss until we cleared most mobs, leaving 11 at the most. Drew (lvl 52) had his threat level change to white once we got down to 11 mobs left, while the lvl 50-51 players still have yellow threat level. Kind of confused about this. When we left more than 11 mobs, the boss would drop 53s. All the drops up till boss are 53 of course.

Riccits
03-15-2011, 08:43 AM
when one of ur party has more than ~51,5 ur drops are lvl 53

Echelong
03-15-2011, 08:46 AM
lol really? 51.5 exp that's not right about rounding up exp. This sucks...So now you know why that happened DT.

PS DT you have another toon below 51?

BeardedBear
03-15-2011, 08:52 AM
when one of ur party has more than ~51,5 ur drops are lvl 53

Reread what I said. We had a lvl 52 and got lvl 51's (every time) once we cleared most of the map, leaving 11 mobs, which made the lvl 52's threat level go to white. Don't know if either are related. The 50-51's still had a yellow threat level.

Echelong
03-15-2011, 08:56 AM
We had 3 lvl 51 and 2 level 50 maybe if it was only 4 players drops would change. We need to test that tonight DT.

Doubletime
03-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Actually, what Bearded Bear is saying makes a little since. Since we never cleared more than to Catspaw testing out the drops, we never killed off enough mobs to get a level 51 drop. I think Bearded is saying that Catspaw would drop 53 for them too -- but that Gold Fever would drop 51 if the mobs were killed down to 11 or less. Interesting.

Both my alts are now at 51 (the mage is xp capped right before the 52 level cap and the bear is over 50% to 52 as well), Echelong - so I hope this works or it will be 53 level item farming. :) Maybe we can try this out tonight.

Echelong
03-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Kk man we will farm and see if we can get the group 3 or 4 players should be enough maybe dmg pot.

Riccits
03-15-2011, 09:32 AM
Reread what I said. We had a lvl 52 and got lvl 51's (every time) once we cleared most of the map, leaving 11 mobs, which made the lvl 52's threat level go to white. Don't know if either are related. The 50-51's still had a yellow threat level.

ups, didnt read ur post, sorry!
sounds very strange.

i noticed thos level jumping up when i farmed swamps with a lvl 30,5 one, and the blunderbusses we dropped was lvl 33 then, when the guy left we got again lvl 30 items... so i come to my therory...

BeardedBear
03-15-2011, 10:07 AM
ups, didnt read ur post, sorry!
sounds very strange.

i noticed thos level jumping up when i farmed swamps with a lvl 30,5 one, and the blunderbusses we dropped was lvl 33 then, when the guy left we got again lvl 30 items... so i come to my therory...

Lol no big deal.

So if you guys have a lvl 52, just make sure the threat lvl is white for the lvl 52 when it comes time to fight the boss. That seems to trigger the boss to drop lvl 51 loots. Granted, you will be getting lvl 53 drops the whole time while clearing. (lvl 50-51's will not see the white threat level)

Riccits
03-15-2011, 10:19 AM
Kk man we will farm and see if we can get the group 3 or 4 players should be enough maybe dmg pot.

i would help if ya want! i locked my dex bear at 51 for this :)

Echelong
03-15-2011, 10:27 AM
i would help if ya want! i locked my dex bear at 51 for this :)

Would be awesome. I get out of work like at 7pm eastern time(10-12 hours shift till april 15) and after that we will make the groups. Doubletime or me will make the group. We could use a leet bear for that group, since I haven't used my archer in more than a month I am relearning it and I still try to heal the group when their health is low lol.

Riccits
03-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Would be awesome. I get out of work like at 7pm eastern time(10-12 hours shift till april 15) and after that we will make the groups. Doubletime or me will make the group. We could use a leet bear for that group, since I haven't used my archer in more than a month I am relearning it and I still try to heal the group when their health is low lol.

ok, you are -5h from me (so i live in ur future LOL), that means i have midnight when u have 7pm. that should work! Plz add xcarver, cya there!

Doubletime
03-15-2011, 11:04 AM

That is no worse that me running my mage. I forget to heal and spend my time looking for blast shot and break armor.

Riccits would be happy to have you aboard. It may be a little later for me to get on though than 7pm eastern. Things are still crazy at my house around that time. If i'm later, you and Ech feel free to farm it up without me.

drewcapu
03-15-2011, 11:19 AM
Ya. Even with only L50-51s in the group, the drops will be L53 if you don't clear enough. This is most apparent when you defeat mini-bosses. Of course, there's no point in trying to save the mini-bosses for last. If you can get a mini-boss to drop purple L53s, even those can be useful :)

For a party of L50-51, you should be able to get L51 drops from the bosses without a problem unless you're skipping a lot of mobs.