PDA

View Full Version : Japan Quake Prediction, there was one.

Ellyidol
03-15-2011, 08:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95zMdTvoqcQ

Just wow. She knew about it on March 8.

Keohike
03-15-2011, 08:37 AM
Ok well i think the video is interesting however it is just not efficient. So we suppose to take a month vacation? And go to a place where it is not near a fault line. So that would mean couple billion people go on vacation at same time. Unless she can tell when the earthquake will happen within a week and the location, the fact of just knowing there is a earthquake wont mean anything. The most you can do is be prepared, but no matter how prepared you are a 8.9 and a tsunami, unless you knew a week before and left the devastation will still be great.
1 thumb up
Keohike

Ellyidol
03-15-2011, 08:40 AM
She narrowed it down to 5 days though, March 11-15.

When I hear major fault line areas, I think of Japan and West Coast US off the top of my head.

Australia
03-15-2011, 08:42 AM
My opinion: if you can see the future, run. Tell your friends and everyone you know to run with you.
Believers will be saved, doubters will be lost, life goes on and you did the right thing.

Keohike
03-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Ah ic i didn't watch the entire clip. Then i guess she is not a reputable enough scientist. Plus Japan or US won't shut down entire cities, based on this. Maybe in future they will. So here is my question for anyone that know anything about earthquakes. So the video basically basing the earthquakes on the comet and other signs or whatnot. Has this short of data or experiment been tested before? And what about earthquakes that happens without any comets passing by.

Moogerfooger
03-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Youtube is the haven of crackpot theories claiming to have "proof" of everything from invisible planets to alien invasion, so I take anything I see there with a grain of salt....that said, I will have to watch this when it is not freezing up on my work computer. Damn firewalls.

Ellyidol
03-15-2011, 08:49 AM
All true, all of this could just be speculation and a lucky guess.

I mean, I could make a prediction for every day for the next 10 years, and when something does happen, only that 1 prediction would be public and make it seem true, while the rest go unnoticed.

I just find these kind of stuff interesting, though sad at the same time.

Keohike
03-15-2011, 08:50 AM
Moon if she is basing her theory on a comet then it is believable IMO, because comets have gravitational pull and does effect the fault line. So it not completely baseless. But it could be all BS if this is some sort of stunt, im gona check who she is, if she is a scientist then there got to be data somewhere about her.

Australia
03-15-2011, 08:50 AM
Innisvale Near Cairns, QLD Australia, had a small earthquake today. We don't usually have earthquakes. Fault line anyone?

FluffNStuff
03-15-2011, 09:36 AM
She probably posts one every week, then when it happens, quickly deletes all the rest and points people to the 'correct one'. Kind of like the old mail scam where you get a message saying such and such team will win this week.

Ellyidol
03-15-2011, 09:37 AM
She probably posts one every week, then when it happens, quickly deletes all the rest and points people to the 'correct one'. Kind of like the old mail scam where you get a message saying such and such team will win this week.

Yeah very possible. What got me was the past Chilean earthquake too.