PDA

View Full Version : Wide Open Tanking.

vsanthos
03-15-2011, 08:56 AM
I feel that I've gotten pretty good at corner/wall pulling as I clear maps now. But, I feel completely lost when I get to a big wide open map, I feel like beckoning always scatters the mobs. There are usually rocks out in the middle, but they're pretty far apart. Is there a better way to gather mobs in these areas?

Ellyidol
03-15-2011, 08:58 AM
How wide open are we talking about? :)

That big circular room of BS - Map 2 (King and Queen), I still like using walls to pull them to, but I run way ahead of my team to allow me the time to gather them up.

If not, a normal beckon should still bring them close together, just replace your stomp with a Hell Scream to mini-stun them in place. :D

vsanthos
03-15-2011, 09:10 AM
I didn't know hellscream had a stun. I'm also convinced that you are an entity that lives within the forums themselves. That's how you always reply to people's questions so fast!

Tengotengo
03-15-2011, 09:18 AM
hehe Ellyidol in the machine.

I've been seeing some really good mob gathering and kiting lately...someone called it a roundup? anyway, if the group is up for it, just run on out there and aggro everything and run them all back to the group. I've been LOOOOOVING it when warriors do that. After I get my bird up to 55, I'm going to be practicing this in Stronghold. Two big areas to do it, the big room and the...collonades? the blocks? ANyone coined a name for it yet?

Ellyidol
03-15-2011, 09:24 AM
I didn't know hellscream had a stun. I'm also convinced that you are an entity that lives within the forums themselves. That's how you always reply to people's questions so fast!

Well me and my 7 Viking-friends take turns in replying and staying on forums, so we're always here ;)

And yes, hell scream has a mini stun :)

hehe Ellyidol in the machine.

I've been seeing some really good mob gathering and kiting lately...someone called it a roundup? anyway, if the group is up for it, just run on out there and aggro everything and run them all back to the group. I've been LOOOOOVING it when warriors do that. After I get my bird up to 55, I'm going to be practicing this in Stronghold. Two big areas to do it, the big room and the...collonades? the blocks? ANyone coined a name for it yet?

I like that too. In maps with mobs that aren't really as dense as hideout, I like just running as far as I can without mobs "resetting". But that needs me to always move way ahead of the team and leave killing to them, which i don't trust random games with much :)

Mr.Wallace
03-16-2011, 02:55 AM
Same tactics here, i run to the middle, taunt, look mean, then back the wall, beckon, stun. And in king and queen level, i repeat that in the other corners of the big room.

I try not to hog too big groups though when joining random games, cause i hate to stand in the middle of my gathered mob while the rest of the team doesn't think about killing them.

NECROREAPER
03-18-2011, 03:57 AM
I pretty much just take what I can get in open maps

Are you talking about maps like AO3 - 1?

Necrobane
03-18-2011, 04:42 AM
He's talking about BS 2.