PDA

View Full Version : Approx. 260 more Hideout runs...

Junside
03-15-2011, 08:59 AM
On 3x pot would get me to 56. This is mind numbing, and I don't get how you people did it. -_-

That'll cost me

1,560,000 gold. >.>

Inching
03-15-2011, 09:01 AM
tell me abt it, Elly has 2 56 toons.... crazy he is

Echelong
03-15-2011, 09:05 AM
I used about 1.6mill to level to 56 so yeah that's about right and that is not counting the times you die by fire traps (most common source of deaths and wipes).

Kindread
03-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Jirouniu has three toons at 56.

Tengotengo
03-15-2011, 09:14 AM
It could, in theory, pay for itself in drops. Yesterday I say 2 pinks drop in groups, and the day before I saw 3. 100k-800k each...200+ runs...It has to happen.

Kindread
03-15-2011, 09:14 AM
All of this work for level 56 and a crow that you probably won't be wearing most of the time because it doesn't complete any of the sets. Like I said, if they aren't going to make it complete the Raid Roach Custom Set, then let it at least be a vanity so well have it to wear for the rest of our PL lives. Otherwise I'm not bothering with the next elite level at level cap raise. It isn't even worth it.

neko
03-15-2011, 09:17 AM
If you're pressed for time, 83k of xp can be a daunting and expensive journey. But depending on who you play with the grind can actually be rather fun, sans xp elixirs. My bird is about 70% of the way after spending a couple of thousand and taking a relaxed scenic route.

Moogerfooger
03-15-2011, 09:25 AM
All of this work for level 56 and a crow that you probably won't be wearing most of the time because it doesn't complete any of the sets. Like I said, if they aren't going to make it complete the Raid Roach Custom Set, then let it at least be a vanity so well have it to wear for the rest of our PL lives. Otherwise I'm not bothering with the next elite level at level cap raise. It isn't even worth it.

Sets = overrated right now, anyway.

Asommers (or maybe one of others) has already said publicly in the forum they are looking into sets including the Crowns. Patience.

Horse = dead. Please stop kicking, it is just adding insult to injury to poor horsey.

Doubletime
03-15-2011, 09:37 AM
It could, in theory, pay for itself in drops. Yesterday I say 2 pinks drop in groups, and the day before I saw 3. 100k-800k each...200+ runs...It has to happen.

Unfortunately, the most common place to grind to 56 is Hideout and the drops there just aren't going for that much in CS with the exception of the scarab bow. It does help. But I probably only got around 8-10 pinks over the course of the xp grind from 55 to 56. I probably came out spending around 800k once the pinks were sold off. Because sometimes you may use damage pots or luck pots just to break up the routine.

Catacombs is a decent alternative, but has some risk because of more fire traps and those two intersections packed with little green fire throwing buggers. Makes the chance of a death a bit higher. Hideout is a breeze though if you are running with a high level group.

Kindread
03-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Haha persistence. I will pound this into the dirt until it's implemented. The numbers holding crowns still are small zoned might not be getting heard and we're probably low on the totem scale of priority when they all this other stuff going on. Gonna keep reminding them until they just figure to shut me up by fixing the crowns. :)

Riccits
03-15-2011, 09:40 AM
i leveled my archer to 56 with very less xp pots... now i level my mage to 56 and theres no reason to spend much on pots... after ur 56, all xp is lost anyway...
just farm BS, dont watch ur XP bar ;)

Ellyidol
03-15-2011, 09:45 AM
It's not THAT bad if you compare it to the grind of other MMOs which Ive gotten used to. Heh.

I am definitely not levelling my mage anymore. D:

adwin
03-15-2011, 10:17 AM
I used about 1.6mill to level to 56 so yeah that's about right and that is not counting the times you die by fire traps (most common source of deaths and wipes).

You shouldn't forget about server d/c.
I stopped counting how many times I was disconnected while on a regular 6k xp pot...

Oh, and a propos drops, the mega mage robes are still quite valuable, and gf drops them. That's 500k-600k a piece.

The stronghold is an excellent place to level as well, as long as you have a good tank who knows how to quickly round up the mob in the big rooms.
As far as that is taken care of, the only thing you really have to be watching out for are fire traps. These can crit. you, even with a full health bar and tank pot.

Echelong
03-15-2011, 10:34 AM
You shouldn't forget about server d/c.
I stopped counting how many times I was disconnected while on a regular 6k xp pot...

Oh, and a propos drops, the mega mage robes are still quite valuable, and gf drops them. That's 500k-600k a piece.

The stronghold is an excellent place to level as well, as long as you have a good tank who knows how to quickly round up the mob in the big rooms.
As far as that is taken care of, the only thing you really have to be watching out for are fire traps. These can crit. you, even with a full health bar and tank pot.

Yep and if the group is good enough you could do catacombs. It gives about the same exp as hideout in about the same time but the first big pack of mobs can wipe a weak team fast and the second pack after the two fire traps at the end too. The problem is that a lot of new players that are leveling don't want to kill bosses to "level up faster" which is a lie since they don't practice on how to kill the bosses. I can't stress enough when an idiot that gets the fever runs towards the group for a 1 hit wipe or the ones that hit the fire traps when the team is passing by and kill them (I know it can happen by mistake but some just have no clue).

Junside
03-15-2011, 10:36 AM
I was in catacombs. I thought they fixed getting exp from the grates at Trash Heap. Lol they give 2 exp each

Riccits
03-15-2011, 10:38 AM
I was in catacombs. I thought they fixed getting exp from the grates at Trash Heap. Lol they give 2 exp each

nope, it was only the trash bins at cocky...

Moogerfooger
03-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Doesn't Catacombs have less mobs than Hideout? I am pretty sure. Not sure of the exp given by the mobs which may even it out. Not to mention I get tired of the obnoxious constant blasting from the little slime mages, the sound/animation.

Not to mention lots of grates = increased chance of death, but also limits (or SHOULD limit, some ppl need lessons) use of certain AoE in their vicinity, or death becomes near-certain to at least someone. Catacombs really limits use of Taunt, and Fireblast for the mages, and Blast Shot seems to set them off as well pretty quickly.

Junside
03-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Doesn't Catacombs have less mobs than Hideout? I am pretty sure. Not sure of the exp given by the mobs which may even it out. Not to mention I get tired of the obnoxious constant blasting from the little slime mages, the sound/animation.

It's around 85 enemies in there. Most people skip Oil Slick too, which is a room of about 6 enemies. Maybe if they gave 2xp each, it is definitely higher than Hideout.

Mr.Obvious
03-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Yeah I like grape jelly. :)

Doubletime
03-15-2011, 11:08 AM

Yeah, Mooger and I wiped last night on my last run in Stronghold on a fire trap. His bear and my bird both had full health and trash can pots. Bad words were muttered. :p

Moogerfooger
03-15-2011, 11:09 AM
It's around 85 enemies in there. Most people skip Oil Slick too, which is a room of about 6 enemies. Maybe if they gave 2xp each, it is definitely higher than Hideout.

True, once you consider that most ppl skip the 12 mobs on Hideout down that hall towards the Vault...not worth the risk/traps.

Then again, Catacombs is tricky with a less than skilled team. But like ya said, or Ech said, pretty fast with a good one.

Moogerfooger
03-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Yeah, Mooger and I wiped last night on my last run in Stronghold on a fire trap. His bear and my bird both had full health and trash can pots. Bad words were muttered. :p

Not to mention I was running with 178 armor setup with Trashcan, or 356 armor...and still wiped due to AoE-triggered traps. Was very amused.

MITSUISUN
03-15-2011, 11:25 AM
it was awesome to see both of you died like a Mits :p

Kalielle
03-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Catacombs is awesome with a good team. I leveled there to 56. If you're a paladin and know how to time/alternate your buffs you should almost never die, even running straight into the fire traps wearing Rift (well with only the blessing of might buff it can be a close call sometimes). There are several drops there worth 800k-1M, which will pay for your xp and damage pots.

A good run should feel like one smooth rush without stopping. I timed it at 3:03. I tend to run ahead with my paladin and pot damage - not potting seems to add about 1 minute to the time, plus a greater chance of everyone wiping. The drops there more than pay for the damage pots.

You need 10 mobs for the boss to spawn there, which means you can skip the second mini boss room which is kind of out of the way and has only 6 guys anyway. If you're the tank rushing ahead just watch the mini map all the time to see how many red triangles you have trailing you. After a while you'll learn how far you can pull them before they reset. If you have a good team you can just keep running and never have to stop, because they're just kill the bad guys as they follow you. If that doesn't happen and you reset too many by mistake, just watch the bad guys count at the end and do the second mini room if it's over 10.

Oh yeah, and you need at least one bird in your team and no more than one bear - and perhaps no bears at all.

Echelong
03-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Not to mention I was running with 178 armor setup with Trashcan, or 356 armor...and still wiped due to AoE-triggered traps. Was very amused.

Yep. that was an ugly way to end a farming day. I just hope it wasn't me that triggered it. I do watch my spells around them and use them only after they exploded that you get a few seconds they won't trigger.