PDA

View Full Version : Rank the Caps

Befs
03-10-2015, 09:58 AM
This is just a fun thread where you rank the threads from best to worst IN YOUR OPINION I'll start:

1. Sewers

2. Nuri

3. BSM

4. Fang

5. Humania

Keep in mind this is only the 5 main caps. Not the 35 cap and stuff like that.

Argyros
03-10-2015, 10:14 AM
1. Fang
2. Nuri
3. Humania
4. Bsm

Never capped/leveled in sewers. Also, how is BSM better than fang/hum? Did you have some bad experiences? The mixture of Dev involvement/events/number of players in fang/humania, really made them better IMO.

Befs
03-10-2015, 10:20 AM
1. Fang
2. Nuri
3. Humania
4. Bsm

Never capped/leveled in sewers. Also, how is BSM better than fang/hum? Did you have some bad experiences? The mixture of Dev involvement/events/number of players in fang/humania, really made them better IMO.

I just had some good experience in BSM with friends. Also it's the first place that I really dropped any good gear or completed that one set that everyone wanted

Groaning
03-10-2015, 01:53 PM
I just had some good experience in BSM with friends. Also it's the first place that I really dropped any good gear or completed that one set that everyone wanted

:O :O Bsm nab cry

Befs
03-10-2015, 02:47 PM
:O :O Bsm nab cry

Cry noob new gen.

Groaning
03-10-2015, 02:55 PM
Cry noob new gen.

New gen *glares at Graditute shield*

D-:
03-10-2015, 07:04 PM
Sewer cap.

Was a simplistic time.

Ignitedmage
03-12-2015, 10:11 PM
1. Humania
2. Fang
3. Nuri
4. BSM
5. Sewers

Just random so don't rage :)

KingFu
03-12-2015, 10:29 PM
25 cap was best bc none of you were here

:]

AppleNoob
03-13-2015, 01:53 AM

Na level 1 cap was best.

Petrichor
03-13-2015, 06:22 AM
I liked 50 on account of the fact that i had fun dying in shadow caves and killing the keeper a billion times. My least favourite was nuri.

Booked
03-13-2015, 08:49 AM
Sewers
Mount Fang
Nuri
Humania
BSM

Note: No one ever liked Nuri it was OP, but it was better than humania and BSM in my opinion c:

Iaintcuard
03-13-2015, 11:34 AM

wrong

Groaning
03-13-2015, 12:55 PM

does dat mean you dont like any of us that where here?

Electrophiles
03-13-2015, 05:57 PM
Liked sewers, which is when we actually had a competent group of developers and mod team for this game...
Nowadays, it's all about AL.

Giazagilur
03-13-2015, 08:09 PM
I wasn't here for nuri or sewers :(

1. Fang
2. Humania
3. Bsm

The caps get progressively worse [emoji39]

The

bearuang
03-14-2015, 01:53 PM
Best is BSM
I spent many parts of my life there (read:times)
also bcs bear in top of food chains there
Worst is Nuri
because i was only guest player when it was nuri cap

KingFu
03-15-2015, 03:46 AM
wrong

I'm right tho.

I have been playing since lost expo

Pls Luke

XghostzX
03-16-2015, 04:18 PM
56 Cap (sewers) was like the golden age of PL, in my opinion. The community was HUGE and crazy close. There was always some sort of drama going on, whether it it be on the forums or in game. Builds were generally tougher to form than they were today. There was no bs dodge and crazy damage (although maybe I'm being a bit biased because mages were pretty OP back in the day).

But it was hands down the community. There were distinct "tiers" of players in the pvp world - I mean, you would come on the forums and see people have "hall of fame" threads. I remember I was mentioned and it made me extremely happy (I was young, that was probably 4 years ago?). When I was recognized as a solid PvPer in game, it drove me to get better. I eventually became a co-host of tournaments with Alwaysdtf and that spiced things up. I miss the guild wars (Unity/Revelation... literally the most competitive 5v5 CTF matches you could come across). Unity and Revelation reminded me of present day Real Madrid and Barcelona soccer matches. It really consisted of the top notch players, and then there were other "tiers" of PvP guilds and players.

I could go on forever. The 56 cap was by far the best time for me. I'll never forget when Thelonearcher (the biggest pro back in the day) was the first to reach 56 cap and his buddy went around announcing to everyone that he was the first to achieve level 56. Man, good times. Such a cool group of people I'll never forget.

Suentous PO
03-16-2015, 06:48 PM
56 Cap (sewers)There was no bs dodge and crazy damage

Them- "drainers nub!!" "DODGE MORE NOOB"
Me- why are ppl yelling at me?

And I had to chuckle to see "cool people" and tla in the same breath huehuehue

dudetus
03-16-2015, 07:07 PM
I liked the lvl 50 cap the most. AO3 is PL for me and I'll never forget getting Void armor from T'paxx the Executioner as a drop and I had finally the lvl 50 pro set. Good times. It was more fun to be the noob.

Ubernewber
03-16-2015, 08:05 PM
1.Humania
2.Nuri
3.Fang
4.BSM

Rninjas
03-16-2015, 08:26 PM
they all good expect alein place

XghostzX
03-17-2015, 03:57 PM
Them- "drainers nub!!" "DODGE MORE NOOB"
Me- why are ppl yelling at me?

And I had to chuckle to see "cool people" and tla in the same breath huehuehue

lol rarely people used drainers set, and it wasn't as dodgy as people thought it was. It was a cheap set to replace the other dex set.

And I know the real person behind TLA now, of course, but back then he was very much considered "cool" if you were a gamer and into PL. He was like the God PvPer and talked to a very exclusive group of people. When your new and young to a game, you initially think "wow what if I was that guy".

If I may reiterate, good times.

Etarbitrev
03-17-2015, 06:15 PM
�� Having to glitch Overlord cus he was so OP

Jhawkeye
03-18-2015, 04:50 PM
1.Humania
2.Sewer
3.Nuri
4.BSM
5.Fang

I honestly hated the 1 shot bosses in fang so I quit during that cap. Humania I had all 3 elites at 1 point and it was great because people finally started to know my name in the marching community. Sewer I farmed like crazy but I was stupid and was lvl 55 about to cap but decided to wait before starting. Next thing I know here comes the nuri expansion. BSM is great cuz I had the black dragon set at one point, and I finally capped..

Also Sewer Cap was when I joined my first good guild Legion. I was super excited to know Atxrage but then something happened, I'm still unsure of what but one of the officers decided to lie on me and I was kicked from the guild cuz of that nab. It was at that point I formed my own successful guild Heroes and Villains. Ahh how I miss that guild

tHelonestud
03-18-2015, 05:25 PM
Can't rate any before AO3 since that was my first cap.

AO3 was amazing; every set looked different. I don't think I've seen one mage booted for not healing enough since AO3. It was the only cap I saw with truly fun PvE farming. Even if you had no luck a full set of quested gear was available for everyone. Even late in the cap they added elite maps: such an exciting update for me.

Sewers was almost as amazing; unfortunately the gear did lack variety in appearance. But the introduction of elite caps and crafting were really huge changes as well as gcd, not exactly my abortive part of the cap. Daily quests also kept you in PvE almost daily. Probably the greatest cap for PvP.

Mount Fang: as ugly as the gear was this was a great cap. A peak in the games popularity I would guess. The dragon sets made everyone crazy for dragons as they kept showing up in the new caps.

Nuri's and Humania are pretty close to me. Nuri's demonic sets made it quite memorable, the 4 month duration tried to make us forget it. Humania was so anticipated but I feel it fell short of expectations. The 71 elites were unique but the cap still seemed kind of bland.

Blacksmoke I think pretty much everyone can remember. Maps looked quite a bit better than previous caps, but like several before the recycled content and boring mobs didn't do much to set apart the gameplay.

77 is literally a restat'd campaign released 3 years before, not much to praise here. Not even all the items drop.

dudetus
03-18-2015, 05:31 PM
Can't rate any before AO3 since that was my first cap.

AO3 was amazing; every set looked different. I don't think I've seen one mage booted for not healing enough since AO3. It was the only cap I saw with truly fun PvE farming. Even if you had no luck a full set of quested gear was available for everyone. Even late in the cap they added elite maps: such an exciting update for me.

Sewers was almost as amazing; unfortunately the gear did lack variety in appearance. But the introduction of elite caps and crafting were really huge changes as well as gcd, not exactly my abortive part of the cap. Daily quests also kept you in PvE almost daily. Probably the greatest cap for PvP.

Mount Fang: as ugly as the gear was this was a great cap. A peak in the games popularity I would guess. The dragon sets made everyone crazy for dragons as they kept showing up in the new caps.

Nuri's and Humania are pretty close to me. Nuri's demonic sets made it quite memorable, the 4 month duration tried to make us forget it. Humania was so anticipated but I feel it fell short of expectations. The 71 elites were unique but the cap still seemed kind of bland.

Blacksmoke I think pretty much everyone can remember. Maps looked quite a bit better than previous caps, but like several before the recycled content and boring mobs didn't do much to set apart the gameplay.

77 is literally a restat'd campaign released 3 years before, not much to praise here. Not even all the items drop.

I was booted as a bird when I mistimed my thorn wall in AO3. Nowadays u get booted if u don't have elixirs on u.

tHelonestud
03-18-2015, 09:11 PM
I was booted as a bird when I mistimed my thorn wall in AO3. Nowadays u get booted if u don't have elixirs on u.

Exactly, I feel like that's why PL ultimately died. Even though many players played solely for the PvP, a MMO can't survive without a strong PvE system. Once the PvE came to "use elixirs = win" PvE no longer needed any player care. Although the game mostly likely peaked in number of players and revenue for spacetime far after AO3, it had already hit a point where it was set to go downhill, if that last part made any sense.

Jhawkeye
03-18-2015, 09:59 PM

OMG The memories behind this statement

Splammy
03-20-2015, 02:15 PM
1. Sewers (sadly I only started PL within the last few days of that cap
2. Fang
3.Nuri
4.Humania
5.BSM

100. Caverns. Screw caverns.

Charmstrange
04-02-2015, 05:10 AM
Sewer cap bes eva
Scaled farming teams with stat-boosted dual-spec toons. Was also the high point for skilled bears in pve. Boss strategies were necessary, which confounded less experienced teams.

Fang
Epic change as thrasher consumed the game. Jumped into the fray and had blast making friends and capping on thrasher teams. But we farmed the crap out if those maps endlessly, after capping.

Humania+bsm
Still enjoyed these maps, but non-lix (or non-blessing) play just became unrealistic. I mean, you could run it with a non-combo team, but why would you waste your time... Scamming in balefort overtakes *actually*playing*the*game* for earning gold. Pve suffers, sadly, as the map designs were really cool.

(I skipped nuri cap because ya know, life...)

Motivating
04-02-2015, 07:00 AM
Um, I've never capped.
But around the time of the sewers cap was the best time I had on pl.