View Full Version : Gap between Top Players and everyone else.

Zylx
03-10-2015, 11:18 PM
As some of you may have already realized, there is a huge gap between the Top Players and everyone else. Meaning that it would take years for a new player to catch up to an active leaderboarder (except for timed runs). Gear, Account Age, and Availability are the key factors that widen this gap. Here's how.

The difference in stats between a Top Player and an Average Player (both capped at 41) is inappropriately astronomical. Comparing my decently geared rogue (~3m gold for the best legendaries plus mythic armor, which is affordable to 25-50% of players) to a max-geared rogue (~150m gold for best myths and arcanes, affordable to 1% of players), their health is roughly 150% higher than mine, damage is roughly 160-180% higher than mine, armor is roughly 200% higher than mine. I understand they deserve better stats, but not that much better. It jumps from a cost of 3m to 100+m. A major factor is the constant release of upper-class items (mythic weapons, upper-geared-farmable gear*, arcane pets). We've had 3 sets of Lv41 mythic weapons released, like 4 or 5 arcane pets released, 1 arcane ring released since expansion. How many sets of legendary weapons, mythic pets, mythic rings, and decent legendary amulets have been released? It seems as though the upper class is constantly upgraded and the lower and middle class is left neglected. I'm using the same gear I started the expansion with and it's still the best gear in my middle class. A great fix would be to add things for all three economic classes every once in a while.

Now for the leaderboard. Does it seem fair that older players deserve to be on the leaderboard more than the younger players, regardless of who works harder? The top players have racked up astronomical kill-counts, score-counts, etc. over the past 2 1/2 years of AL and are still growing, as opposed to the newer players unable to catch up and feeling discouraged. A great fix would be seasonal leaderboards. I haven't even checked the leaderboard in like 6months, and I know Setara or Cusigma is still in the top 3 at least in PvE kills. It should be an everyday dynamic mystery.

Schnitzel
03-10-2015, 11:38 PM
What if each season, the points are calculated like: (Points earned this season) - (points earned last season)

the points are as in: kills/flag/ap/scores etc.

Arachnophobik
03-11-2015, 12:25 AM
Agreed, and probably 70% that 1% of max geared players regularly play pvp. So once a ringer joins a game full of pink geared ppl, its usually gg specially if its a rogue. On level 36 cap, just get myth armor and ure pretty much competitive against the maxed geared.

Soundlesskill
03-11-2015, 01:26 AM
There's a problem with timed runs too. Gear dominates timed run way harder than in PvP because of the simply fact that you can get kills I know PvP, but you can never run faster than someone with over 300 damage than you.

bedmaster
03-11-2015, 01:39 AM
Prob is lack of mid class gear. For example best guns for mages are mythics, which prices are like 8m or more, and 2nd best is expedition rifles (brut version), like 20-100k with huge stat differences, if there were more guns with just maybe 20-30 dmg lower than best, with a rarity that will create a price range abt 200k-1m (tactics type are cheap, assault or brut version expensive), it will help mid class players by a lot and wont make them beat those with best guns. It will just help the mid class ones in pve to farm hard elites to buy better ones. To create the desired price range, dont put it on locks bcuz if they do so, then lock poppers will flood the market with them and reducing the prices (like expedition guns), also reducing the price of best guns. Put it on elites and monitor the market, if the number is enough then reduce the drop rate. This is just a theory tho lol im nab

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

epicrrr
03-11-2015, 01:51 AM
We dont call them "Top players" because they are like every other player. We call them "Top Players" because they have put an extra effort in playing. Like all other games everyone must understand that as the game progresses by time and figures escalate its a natural cycle that those who played early have more chance of being on that list.

As for item desparity, use cash for early max items or grind elite/merch for slow max items but you'll get em eventually.

As for LB, some players have been playing for 2 years, maybe you just need to play for 2 years.

Magegrimm
03-11-2015, 02:35 AM
We dont call them "Top players" because they are like every other player. We call them "Top Players" because they have put an extra effort in playing. Like all other games everyone must understand that as the game progresses by time and figures escalate its a natural cycle that those who played early have more chance of being on that list.

As for item desparity, use cash for early max items or grind elite/merch for slow max items but you'll get em eventually.

As for LB, some players have been playing for 2 years, maybe you just need to play for 2 years.
How can we even catch up with them as you said they play 2 years we also play two years but when we get to 2 years they're already 4 years. It's impossible like this to someone catch up.

Zylx
03-11-2015, 03:05 AM

I understand Top Players deserve to have higher stats because of their hard work and time, but I'm pointing out the excessive gap between the middle and upper class. There have been things released to expand the upper class's arsenal over the past year, but hardly anything to expand the middle class's. It seems as though the middle class hasn't received anything noteworthy since the last expansion that was released a year ago, while the upper class is constantly upgrading.

I hope this upcoming expansion will help shorten this gap by bringing forth totally new sets of gear for everyone. But I want STS to supply everyone equally and look at it as 3 groups of financially diverse players as opposed to one group of extremely rich players. That could mean supplying a new set of useful elite legendaries every 2-3 months and rotating crate legendaries.

It's not right that the gear for the lower-middle class steadily raises from 1k-3m then skips to 30m+ for the upper class with this enormously huge stat difference between the middle and upper class. As I said before, its like the upper class has grown into a 50ft tree while everyone else is still an acorn.

Dex Scene
03-11-2015, 03:06 AM
We definitely need some middle class gear.
When there's a high end gear released, a middle class gear with a bit lower stats should be released aswel.

There should also be two types of Lb. Seasonal and legend Lb (where the all time records are counted).

Xorrior
03-11-2015, 03:20 AM
Not a negative post but constructive criticism based on lack of decent loot.

There should be more middle class gear. It should be put as loot in Elite maps from shuyal onwards. The pink loot that comes from shuyal onwards is tragic!

For example, loot from Planar Arena when released was Noble shades and Architect!!!!!!! How cruel is that! Totally worthless pinks in new content. Whoever decided that would be the reward for doing planar arena just didn't give a damn! The arena loot has improved, only because we ranted and boycotted but they should throw in para gems and Enchanted eyes in those elite chests. It will turn Arena from farming hell to farming heaven since it's inception.

I don't rate any new pink weapon especially that planar club and the can opener. Many want to progress their toon but do not have the millions to do it, but are sadly curtailed with lame legendary loot.

Regarding kills LB, it's fake as heck. Macro kings rule it, and those that exploited bugs that gave huge amount of kills.

Energizeric
03-11-2015, 03:42 AM
A couple of comments:

1) In one of Spacetime's other games "Battle Command", there are both lifetime leaderboards and seasonal leaderboards. So I agree they should add seasonal leaderboards as well. They could give out the same banner for each category.

2) They add new legendary gear all the time. They have added new armors, helms, rings and amulets along with each event, plus they added new and better weapons with the planar tombs.

3) If you are a somewhat new player, then you may be of the false assumption that the mythic armor, helm, ring and amulets are items that were supposed to be for middle class players, but you would be wrong. These were the elite items that the top players used in season 4 when the level cap was 31. They are just leftover now and since they have continued to drop from locked crates and elite golden chests, they are rather common and the price has come way down. When those items were new during season 4, they cost 5-10m each. As a middle class player, you will be happy with all these level 41 mythic weapons come next season when they will sell for much lower prices and will be the preferred middle class weapons just as the old mythic helms and armors are the preferred middle class armors and helms now.

4) Players who you consider the "top players" have been playing for 2+ years and have worked very hard over that time to accumulate the wealth and gear that they have. If they were to stop adding new and better gear, then those players would fast become bored as there would be little left for them to do or achieve. There always needs to be new and better things coming along or players get bored and the game dies.

Ravager
03-11-2015, 04:43 AM
Seasonal LBs would be fine but there are some flaws I see with it. Endgame PVP hardly exists vs Twink PVP kills lbs. Especially for warriors. With so many people in endgame pvp mostly free flagging desperate for AP, theres little to no chance to compete with a twink in regards to kills lb. Most, if not all, endgame pvp warriors on ctf kills lb are because they played ctf with fighting in the past and struggle to keep up with the twinks and dummy farmers right now. Most endgame warriors don't get many kills nowadays. If there is a seasonal vs overall lb there has to be a twink vs endgame lb too. Either that or, I'd hate to suggest this, but make seasonal lb endgame only.

They messed up with the gap when a mythic pendant was introduced instead of a mythic ring (41). That widened the gap between rich and poor/average.

enzpoy
03-11-2015, 04:46 AM
You cannot blame the developers nor players because the equipment id 100m above its up to you if u have the money or not and about the points they deserve to have larger points because they have already played for years it would be unfair for them if you only catch their record in 3 months.
And about the pvp why not make lvl 30 below twink if u cant affor best items for 41

Tatman
03-11-2015, 05:24 AM
The difference in stats between a Top Player and an Average Player (both capped at 41) is inappropriately astronomical.
I think some people here either cannot understand or don't want to understand this. Let me paraphrase. The difference in stats between a maxed out lvl 41 player and an average lvl 41 player is, as it stands now, bigger than the difference in stats between an average lvl 41 player and a lvl 15-20 twink. This is not just inappropriately astronomical, it's plain and simple absurd.

Ambrose
03-11-2015, 05:29 AM
This may come out rude but I'm gonna say it anyways.. If you want to a be `top player`instead of spending your time on this post you should be out farming and meeting these players.. Alot of them are just average players who had luck in the market and have the monetary funds to play the market and make more gold.. Also you can sit here and talk about how there stats are so amazing compared to average players but that's only half the reason these players are successful in the game.. These players understand the class they play in and out like the back of their hands.. They understand the mechanics of the game and have utilized a playing style that allows them to succeed. I've seen many plat players with over the top gear and still have no idea on what they need to be doing. Pvp is the most obvious example.

In all if you were to suddenly open a chest and get an arcane fossil then you would enjoy access to these 'elite' items because you have the funds.. These items are so over the top powerful because they are rare.. If you flooded the market with items that are closely related to same stats as arcane ring the ring would become obsolete. It's powerful because it's rare. Every game you play these days has these items and its just part of the mechanics. So if you want to be a top player start running elites and farming.. Like most ppl in AL you'll have the most luck farming crates and selling them during 2x myth weekends so gl.

P. S get off this post and start playing

morgy84
03-11-2015, 05:57 AM
Sure the gap is huge but.... its not all sts's fault its the ig economics.

Anyway if a person is playing for years and worked there a** up to get best gear there is no problem for me ... they earned it :)
Your example legendary - maxed is good but ... 200% armor ? .... never ever saw a rouge with around 3k armor sorry

Bellaelda
03-11-2015, 06:00 AM
As an end game and pretty much maxed out character I'll say that I agree with you.

I have spent years working for my gear, but there's no way for newer players to compete!

I think that gear needs to have a smaller gap difference between legendary, mythic, and arcane... As well as there should be seasonal lbs!

We've been asking sts for seasonal lbs since game launched btw with no response :-(

Artoholics
03-11-2015, 06:37 AM
1) +1 to seasonal lb...it's a great chance for younger players to catch up. But dummy farming would get a even bigger problem.
2) I remember times where the best geared players was not that op like the mid-class players. In season 4 the mythics weren't that op like the imbued/arcane ring etc and the arcane pets neither lol. I saw many mid-class players killing people with mythic armor/helm and with maybe an amulett or weapon too. PvP was much more fun these times. In this season I played a lot PvP (mid-class) and made a good kdr etc but since mid of season 5 I don't even dare to enter PvP lol...I know I will get destroyed, no chance
3) I'd just say that it would be great if the mid-class gear wouldn't be that crap compared to best gear

Tatman
03-11-2015, 06:53 AM
This may come out rude but I'm gonna say it anyways.. If you want to a be `top player`instead of spending your time on this post you should be out farming and meeting these players.. Alot of them are just average players who had luck in the market and have the monetary funds to play the market and make more gold.. Also you can sit here and talk about how there stats are so amazing compared to average players but that's only half the reason these players are successful in the game.. These players understand the class they play in and out like the back of their hands.. They understand the mechanics of the game and have utilized a playing style that allows them to succeed. I've seen many plat players with over the top gear and still have no idea on what they need to be doing. Pvp is the most obvious example.

In all if you were to suddenly open a chest and get an arcane fossil then you would enjoy access to these 'elite' items because you have the funds.. These items are so over the top powerful because they are rare.. If you flooded the market with items that are closely related to same stats as arcane ring the ring would become obsolete. It's powerful because it's rare. Every game you play these days has these items and its just part of the mechanics. So if you want to be a top player start running elites and farming.. Like most ppl in AL you'll have the most luck farming crates and selling them during 2x myth weekends so gl.

I am under the impression we are talking mostly about stats here. I doubt a random player X can know how skilled a maxed player Y is or how well Y understands the mechanics of the game by just looking at their stats in town. Because, you know, chances are X has never been in the same map with Y, except in town.

As for how every game has powerful items. True. Not every game, however, has items that create such monstrous disparities in stats between members of the same level. In fact, I know of no other game like this. If you do, please share. ;)

Pirate Captain
03-11-2015, 07:18 AM
This game is pay to win mate if you want to win you should farm gold irl then buy plats

mmaachilles211
03-11-2015, 07:19 AM
I've been playing AL for 2 yrs now and I had my struggles growing up to the player that I am today. But I always kept one thought in mind: If I work hard, farm with a purpose and put the time in I can achieve anything the game has to offer. I sit now as a full myth mage with Sam and am closing in on imbued/myth pendent. All you have to to is simply have to will to press forward. Sure some top geared players can accelerate there progression through the use of plat but most faced the same trials that I and many older players have gone through. The difference between individuals with pretty decent gear, such as myself, compared to one with mid-tier gear, such as OP (no offense meant) is work ethic. Stop worrying about what others have, simply focus on you and you will see yourself rise.

bedmaster
03-11-2015, 07:41 AM
I think its also bcuz sts sticked on lv41 so long and introduced better and better equips for lv41 so lvl 41 gear so many and theres a huge gap differences. If only sts released lv46 before halloween everything will be fine i think. No lv41 imbued with more insane stats than mythics, no planar pendant.

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

Dragoonclaws
03-11-2015, 09:22 AM
Even with seasonal LB, I will never reach the top 25.... said 80% of the players

Ovve
03-11-2015, 09:30 AM
+1 for seasonal lb.. sound great :)

GoodSyntax
03-11-2015, 09:39 AM
I agree that there is a tremendous gap in game, and it has continued to widen. I also agree that there seems to be some flaws in the Leader Boards. So, with that said, here are my thoughts:

ON GEAR DISPARITY:
The gear disparity is large, and even though many of the event items are nice, and more than serviceable, the problem remains that there isn't enough Legendary gear that is suitable at end-game. For example, a pure tank would ideally prefer one of the Bulwarks (Frost or Elondorian); however, the next best tanking weapon would probably be, what? Planar Club of Will? Magmatic Claymore of Will? Conqueror's Wall? DMG/DPS tanks would ideally want a Bonesaw or Maul, but the Legendary counterpart is possibly the Planar Club of Assault or Magmatic Claymore of Assault. The point here is that the comparison between the Mythic versus Legendary is ENORMOUS! Same goes for Rogues and the Elondorian/Frost bows versus the next best, which is a junk Expedition Recurve of Potency. In this case, you're looking at an 80+ DMG differential!

Initially, I thought the Tooth shop a good idea, where, for instance, you could buy Dragonbone Daggers and even though you were giving up a little bit on the stats, the PROCs were very desirable. This model, in my opinion, is a very good one. It is a case where, if you work hard, you eventually can earn something that can be competitive. Unfortunately, this was only the case when Magmatic Daggers were the best weapon available for Rogues, but now that we have two mythic bows and a set of mythic daggers, so this concept no longer applies.

Then, I had hopes for the event amulets (specifically, the Wilds and Eerie ammy's), thinking, OK, if you worked hard, you could earn one of these and remain competitive. Unfortunately the Planar Pendants were released and the differential between the two is jarring.

Finally, when Planar Tombs came out, and we all saw the Imbued gear sets, again, I thought great, something we can earn! Again, I was a bit let down to realize that drop rates of the Planar Chests were really, really low, and even then, you needed to loot a Dark Crystal item out of the Planar Chest in order to craft. Even if you master these tombs, farm aggressively, and work hard, the likelyhood of you actually looting the correct items to craft a set are astronomically low. I even know some extremely wealthy people that have lost tens of millions trying to buy (and farm) Planar Chests looking for the appropriate Dark Crystal items without any luck.

Which, ultimately, brings me to two points on gear disparity. First, I am concerned that Legendary gear simply isn't competitive with their Mythic counterparts. I understand, and expect, Mythics to be better, but individually, the differential is large. In totality, a Fully Legendary player versus a Fully Mythic player might as well be 10 levels (or more) apart, which I think is unreasonable and unfair. Second, I simply have an issue with so much of this game being based purely on luck. The rewards for grinding and working hard are extremely limited and to be honest, mainstream players don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. Currently, the only way to grind and actually make income is to farm Teeth or farm Planar Fragments. For most Legendary players, farming Planar is not an option, so a large majority of players do nothing but farm for Locked Crates in Brackenridge/Kraken Mines 3, Essences in Watchers Tombs 4, or Teeth in normal Wilds, all boring, all low income, all low prospects of moving up in wealth.

What I would like to see is much better gear available for Teeth, so players can gear up (if they work hard) and be prepared to farm the Planar Tombs. Then, I would also like to see Dark Crystal items be available for purchase via Fragments - even if it is a high cost like 250 fragments per Dark Crystal item, at least you are assured that hard work will pay off. Far too much in this game is luck based, and skill, experience, tactics, party, friends, and guild all mean nothing to a random number generator. This game SHOULD reward effort, it SHOULD reward good strategies, and it SHOULD reward good teamwork.

ON LEADER BOARDS:
Let's be honest, people actually like to see their names up on the board, even if it's only for a day or even a few hours. Given my rant on gear disparity, I think something fun, and exciting would be daily leader boards. No, these dailies won't award banners or anything, it's purely for vanity, which, is what this is all about. This way, if players ever get in the mood, they can go for one of the daily LB spots and see how they stack up against the competition.

As far as overall leader boards go, there should be both overall leaders and seasonal leaders. I mean, there are players that still occupy the leader board that haven't played this game in over a year! With the other Legends games going into, what amounts to, End Of Life, more and more players are coming into AL for the first time. How daunting and demotivating it must be to see 1 trillion PvE kills at the top spot. Same goes for Overall Players....many APs are unattainable now, so even if someone that starts today becomes the best player in the game, they will never make it onto the leader board because it is simply impossible to do so.

Third, it would be nice to see where you stand in the game versus the leaders. Many times, I have been curious whether my toon is in the top 5% or right smack in the middle of the bell curve. There should be something added where you can see if you are advancing or falling behind in game, whether it be your Overall Rank at the bottom of the leader board, or a lookup page on the Forums here where you can get metrics on yourself.

Finally, while gear is a deciding factor on the timed runs, strategy is equally important. I am modestly geared, and with the exception of a Mythic Bow, I don't think my gear is anything that could be considered unattainable (Mythic Helm/Armor, Blood Ruby/Archon of Potency, Wilds of Potency), yet I am competitive in timed runs and have managed to take (and eventually lose) LB spots. The point is that Timed is more sport than anything else. It is a reason to sharpen skills, to improve strategies, to push the envelope. I have never won a timed run banner, yet I feel more accomplished making the effort of being competitive. I have developed strategies that have dramatically improved my farming abilities, so while I ultimately will not get an LB banner, I think I am a better player for even trying. I am not so vain that I feel I deserve one, I just appreciate the strategies and unusual dynamics that make some of these LB times possible.

Sorry for the long post, I know most of you will just say TL;DR, but these are my opinions on the matter.

Dragoonclaws
03-11-2015, 09:47 AM
I agree that there is a tremendous gap in game, and it has continued to widen. I also agree that there seems to be some flaws in the Leader Boards. So, with that said, here are my thoughts:

ON GEAR DISPARITY:
The gear disparity is large, and even though many of the event items are nice, and more than serviceable, the problem remains that there isn't enough Legendary gear that is suitable at end-game. For example, a pure tank would ideally prefer one of the Bulwarks (Frost or Elondorian); however, the next best tanking weapon would probably be, what? Planar Club of Will? Magmatic Claymore of Will? Conqueror's Wall? DMG/DPS tanks would ideally want a Bonesaw or Maul, but the Legendary counterpart is possibly the Planar Club of Assault or Magmatic Claymore of Assault. The point here is that the comparison between the Mythic versus Legendary is ENORMOUS! Same goes for Rogues and the Elondorian/Frost bows versus the next best, which is a junk Expedition Recurve of Potency. In this case, you're looking at an 80+ DMG differential!

Initially, I thought the Tooth shop a good idea, where, for instance, you could buy Dragonbone Daggers and even though you were giving up a little bit on the stats, the PROCs were very desirable. This model, in my opinion, is a very good one. It is a case where, if you work hard, you eventually can earn something that can be competitive. Unfortunately, this was only the case when Magmatic Daggers were the best weapon available for Rogues, but now that we have two mythic bows and a set of mythic daggers, so this concept no longer applies.

Then, I had hopes for the event amulets (specifically, the Wilds and Eerie ammy's), thinking, OK, if you worked hard, you could earn one of these and remain competitive. Unfortunately the Planar Pendants were released and the differential between the two is jarring.

Finally, when Planar Tombs came out, and we all saw the Imbued gear sets, again, I thought great, something we can earn! Again, I was a bit let down to realize that drop rates of the Planar Chests were really, really low, and even then, you needed to loot a Dark Crystal item out of the Planar Chest in order to craft. Even if you master these tombs, farm aggressively, and work hard, the likelyhood of you actually looting the correct items to craft a set are astronomically low. I even know some extremely wealthy people that have lost tens of millions trying to buy (and farm) Planar Chests looking for the appropriate Dark Crystal items without any luck.

Which, ultimately, brings me to two points on gear disparity. First, I am concerned that Legendary gear simply isn't competitive with their Mythic counterparts. I understand, and expect, Mythics to be better, but individually, the differential is large. In totality, a Fully Legendary player versus a Fully Mythic player might as well be 10 levels (or more) apart, which I think is unreasonable and unfair. Second, I simply have an issue with so much of this game being based purely on luck. The rewards for grinding and working hard are extremely limited and to be honest, mainstream players don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. Currently, the only way to grind and actually make income is to farm Teeth or farm Planar Fragments. For most Legendary players, farming Planar is not an option, so a large majority of players do nothing but farm for Locked Crates in Brackenridge/Kraken Mines 3, Essences in Watchers Tombs 4, or Teeth in normal Wilds, all boring, all low income, all low prospects of moving up in wealth.

What I would like to see is much better gear available for Teeth, so players can gear up (if they work hard) and be prepared to farm the Planar Tombs. Then, I would also like to see Dark Crystal items be available for purchase via Fragments - even if it is a high cost like 250 fragments per Dark Crystal item, at least you are assured that hard work will pay off. Far too much in this game is luck based, and skill, experience, tactics, party, friends, and guild all mean nothing to a random number generator. This game SHOULD reward effort, it SHOULD reward good strategies, and it SHOULD reward good teamwork.

ON LEADER BOARDS:
Let's be honest, people actually like to see their names up on the board, even if it's only for a day or even a few hours. Given my rant on gear disparity, I think something fun, and exciting would be daily leader boards. No, these dailies won't award banners or anything, it's purely for vanity, which, is what this is all about. This way, if players ever get in the mood, they can go for one of the daily LB spots and see how they stack up against the competition.

As far as overall leader boards go, there should be both overall leaders and seasonal leaders. I mean, there are players that still occupy the leader board that haven't played this game in over a year! With the other Legends games going into, what amounts to, End Of Life, more and more players are coming into AL for the first time. How daunting and demotivating it must be to see 1 trillion PvE kills at the top spot. Same goes for Overall Players....many APs are unattainable now, so even if someone that starts today becomes the best player in the game, they will never make it onto the leader board because it is simply impossible to do so.

Third, it would be nice to see where you stand in the game versus the leaders. Many times, I have been curious whether my toon is in the top 5% or right smack in the middle of the bell curve. There should be something added where you can see if you are advancing or falling behind in game, whether it be your Overall Rank at the bottom of the leader board, or a lookup page on the Forums here where you can get metrics on yourself.

Finally, while gear is a deciding factor on the timed runs, strategy is equally important. I am modestly geared, and with the exception of a Mythic Bow, I don't think my gear is anything that could be considered unattainable (Mythic Helm/Armor, Blood Ruby/Archon of Potency, Wilds of Potency), yet I am competitive in timed runs and have managed to take (and eventually lose) LB spots. The point is that Timed is more sport than anything else. It is a reason to sharpen skills, to improve strategies, to push the envelope. I have never won a timed run banner, yet I feel more accomplished making the effort of being competitive. I have developed strategies that have dramatically improved my farming abilities, so while I ultimately will not get an LB banner, I think I am a better player for even trying. I am not so vain that I feel I deserve one, I just appreciate the strategies and unusual dynamics that make some of these LB times possible.

Sorry for the long post, I know most of you will just say TL;DR, but these are my opinions on the matter.

I need your help to write an essay, can you help me (you seem to have a lot to say on any subject 0.o )

Raregem
03-11-2015, 09:49 AM

ON GEAR DISPARITY:

ON LEADER BOARDS:

I read the whole thing ;P Great points as always. I would be way more motivated if I knew where I stood to push for the lbs. I would like to get on TDM myself but I am currently 18,000 kills away from the bottom spot. Which isn't exactly encouraging. If I could see that I was number idk 125 and watch as it went to 123 etc, then I know that would be a huge push. As of now I am still chugging along going for my goal but it does feel impossible at times.

I do agree with Rav that if they do seasonal leader boards there needs to be two. One for end game and one for twinks. Say 45-46 (for next cap) and then anything below that would have a different set in regards to pvp.

As far as gear goes it's just a joke. The itemization thing was a HUGE FAIL. They took forever to release stuff then when they did it was the same items over and over *cough* 3 sets of mythic weapons *cough*. Nothing was added to the teeth vendor except a new pet in what October/November. I know they focused a lot on events which are fun (most of the time) but people including myself always dread the lull in-between them and many don't even log back in until events are live again.

Too much is based on luck as well, I have yet to open one planar chest. Every time I resist the 10g epic item to liquidated and sell for 300-400k. Chests really stink in this game and they are everywhere! First the chest itself is on a loot table filled with junk, then you finally get one and you decide to open. Here you are faced with yet another loot table filled with junk . I'd much rather have direct drops then have to deal with two loot tables.

Zylx
03-11-2015, 11:06 AM

That's the thing, I don't need or want to be a top player. I just want to be able to play with what I got, and if everything gets released with the top players in mind, where they are literally a year ahead of everyone else, I really have nothing that I am able to do. I am pretty lazy, yes, but I believe I am appropriately geared to be considered upper-middle class (mythic armor/helm, archon ring, fenrir, exped bow, abaddon/slag), and yet I can barely run PT, because it was made with the top players in mind. I understand the tactics, the pulls, where to go, what to do, but I can't even get through a single hit. Obviously you deserve to be rewarded for your hard work, but this is a little excessive.

And I'm not saying there needs to be a nerf, we just need more things in between what we, the middle class, have and what the current next best thing is. We need balance.

ClumsyCactus
03-11-2015, 11:11 AM

ON GEAR DISPARITY:

ON LEADER BOARDS:

+3,14159265358979323846264 for letting people know Where THEY are.
(Yes that number is a bit of pi thanks for asking)

Serancha
03-11-2015, 11:12 AM
Seasonal leaderboards have become a necessity. STS also needs to purge the leaderboards of cheaters, exploiters, and dummy farmers. I know a handful that worked their butts off for their spots, but 98% of the boards requiring 10k flags (flagging, and top player boards) did not get there by actually doing it as intended. Filling ctf rooms with guildies and calling anyone down / ganging anyone who thinks to (omg) fight in ctf is, not the spirit of the game, and does not, make anyone "best".

Never mind the dummy farmers who toss so many legit players off the kills board and also end up on the "top player" list when they can't even run hauntlet in full mythics without dying (saw this with my own eyes....proof of how broken the system is).

At least seasonal boards would give current players a chance, but STS also has to start giving a crap about their own rules, and those the players have been requesting (like banning dummy farming) for over 2 years now.

Zylx
03-11-2015, 11:18 AM

ON GEAR DISPARITY:

ON LEADER BOARDS:

I completely agree with everything you said. The tooth thing was a great execution, yet the gear was short-lived. I do agree that gear needs to be rotated out of elites, as well as the tooth vendor and refreshed with more up-to-date ones.

And I also agree that it's ridiculous to have everything luck based, and leave little to no reward for hard work. I still believe there should still be a luck system, but I believe there should also be rewards for really trying, and there doesnt seem to be anything for that. Luck should be a shortcut to top gear, not the only way.

Daily leaderboards would be AMAZING as well! Something to encourage newer players to get up and do it!

twoxc
03-11-2015, 11:20 AM
There's a problem with timed runs too. Gear dominates timed run way harder than in PvP because of the simply fact that you can get kills I know PvP, but you can never run faster than someone with over 300 damage than you.

This isn't fully true. I know paddothee for a fact without Arcane ring or Ancient Mythic Pendant can literally out run anyone 300+ damage then him in timed run, especially in beginning maps which mostly require skill and precision. Also Pets play a big role as well.

Candylicks
03-11-2015, 11:26 AM
The legendary items in Tindirin were very good for a long time. The magma sets were used, the claymores, and the drops were not frequent and the people farming in there had something to farm for a very.long.time. Then came the event sets that were a dime a dozen and blew the Tind legendary sets out of commission. And the tombs drops? OMG what was that about, I mean I have seen 2-3 weapons drop in a single run several times. StS struggles a lot with the drop rate in this game.

1. The expansion legendaries should be better than mythics (because the last ones were not)
2. They should NOT drop often so they can retain value
3. New mythics should be introduced into the game eventually, probably not at the start of the cap.

So basically everyone will have a shot to farm a new awesome legendary set with the cap and close the gap.

My thoughts on the leader board are this- WIPE THEM. Then investigate every single account that was on there and a chrome player because those are the ones cheating. Now I find out that the majority of your esteemed timed runners are using autopot. GG guys. Way to take ALL of the fun out of a game.

Candylicks
03-11-2015, 11:28 AM
This isn't fully true. I know paddothee for a fact without Arcane ring or Ancient Mythic Pendant can literally out run anyone 300+ damage then him in timed run, especially in beginning maps which mostly require skill and precision. Also Pets play a big role as well.

Autopot. Let's be real here.

The leaderboards are full of cheaters. Timed runs, PvE kills, PvP....

All have cheaters in there. Lots of them.

Tatman
03-11-2015, 11:32 AM
ON GEAR DISPARITY:

I read the whole thing and those are like my exact thoughts. I just can't put them on paper (or on forums) as masterfully as you can. :)

Now, on the quoted paragraph. 80 dmg differential is big. Now think about the differential between full legendary and maxed out rogue. It's 300 dmg on average. It's like the pink rogue is lvl 41 while the maxed out one is lvl 65. I'm sorry, but that's absurd.

Even the differential between me (myth armor/helm, myth ring, planar pendant, myth bow, Blinky/Grimm/etc.) and a maxed out rogue is about 100 dmg. One might say "farm/merch more". Yeah, farming and merching can only take you so far. I'm missing what - arcane ring, Nekro and imbued set to be maxed out? While those seem like only 3-4 items, it's actually a nine digit number in gold. Now imagine a fairly new player getting there without spending a ton of real money or having some enormous luck like looting a fossil from Arena (if it's possible at all).

And don't get me started on health, armor or even crit. Especially health.. gap's just monstrous there.

twoxc
03-11-2015, 11:34 AM

Autopot? for beginning map such as breckenridge, ydra forest or dead city?

Zylx
03-11-2015, 11:39 AM

Isn't there also a cheat bot for gaining pve kills? Where the bot continuously runs WT4 by itself? I've heard of it happening and I realise that its possible.

twoxc
03-11-2015, 11:48 AM
here's a thought. IF the gap aren't that noticeable in gears or stats such as Health and Damage, would anyone actually pay or want the expensive ones in base on price? lets take Ancient Pendant for example. It's as rare as it is to loot one in arena. If the stats were not that significant say +10 extra primary only, would you have the will power and urge to even want to obtain one? or if it's only worth 500k-1m probably less or rather 5-10mil which i'm sure no one will pay that amount for nearly any noticeable in stats.

Serancha
03-11-2015, 11:51 AM

The only way to "cheat" timed runs is on enhanced by repeatedly dying and revenging so you can spam pet AA. Even that is questionable because you are relying on lucky banishes and wasting time you could be hitting and doing constant damage, and it won't work on lower elites.

You cannot do that on pure in any case. The timed boards take the most actual skill of any leaderboard and are the least exploitable.

Candylicks
03-11-2015, 12:06 PM
The only way to "cheat" timed runs is on enhanced by repeatedly dying and revenging so you can spam pet AA. Even that is questionable because you are relying on lucky banishes and wasting time you could be hitting and doing constant damage, and it won't work on lower elites.

You cannot do that on pure in any case. The timed boards take the most actual skill of any leaderboard and are the least exploitable.
I'm going to pm you.

Remarked
03-11-2015, 12:42 PM
I've been playing AL for 2 yrs now and I had my struggles growing up to the player that I am today. But I always kept one thought in mind: If I work hard, farm with a purpose and put the time in I can achieve anything the game has to offer. I sit now as a full myth mage with Sam and am closing in on imbued/myth pendent. All you have to to is simply have to will to press forward. Sure some top geared players can accelerate there progression through the use of plat but most faced the same trials that I and many older players have gone through. The difference between individuals with pretty decent gear, such as myself, compared to one with mid-tier gear, such as OP (no offense meant) is work ethic. Stop worrying about what others have, simply focus on you and you will see yourself rise.

+100

Soundlesskill
03-11-2015, 12:51 PM

I know you need skill, but if you're saying a party with 4 fully geared and skill runs a timed arena, perhaps tindrin or planar tomb run, and a party of 4 rouges all without mythic bows run, it's the geared out people who win. Maybe not so much on the easier maps, but we can't all run full Nekro for the speed boost in forest at the end. Paddothee has planar pendant the last time I saw him, maybe it was a damage buff, I don't know, but he doesn't play much anymore. I don't know how much precision you need to run timed lol, if you can't hit the mobs, sure.. But most people can hit the mob.

Dex Scene
03-11-2015, 01:50 PM
I feel the same way about the leaderboards. People always cry that they want seasonal leaderboards, but that's a pile of B.S. if you ask me. You guys want to be on the leaderboard, go flag 10k flags and then let's talk. Chances are that if you flag 10k flags, you'll either be on the leaderboard or you will just need a few pve kills to be there. But, let's keep it real, you are either too lazy or would rather do something else with your time and, hence, you don't have 10k flags. What do you think would happen if they reset the leaderboard each season? The same people who had the patience to flag to 10k, would do it again. The rest of us would be wandering aimlessly in CTF pretending to flag and then we'd give up and start a cry baby thread that seasonal leaderboards are too much and they should make weekly leaderboards, etc. The same goes for TDM kills and CTF kills. The people on those leaderboards spend a lot (I mean a lot) of time in pvp. But then I see threads started from people crying that the bottom of the pvp kills cut off is too high, meanwhile, I've never seen them in pvp before--go figure.

Just wondering, If seasonal LB is implemented, why would people have to go for 10k flags again and again?
seasonal LB will not interrupt any Aps anyway.
Lots of game has seasonal lb and All time LB both.
Seasonal LB is to encourage new players to be in the LB and be competitive every moments.
Every players cry about something and when other voice out some opinions those every players call them BS and call it crying.
Nice hatred the community is going with.

ilhanna
03-11-2015, 01:55 PM
...Currently, the only way to grind and actually make income is to farm Teeth or farm Planar Fragments. For most Legendary players, farming Planar is not an option, so a large majority of players do nothing but farm for Locked Crates in Brackenridge/Kraken Mines 3, Essences in Watchers Tombs 4, or Teeth in normal Wilds, all boring, all low income, all low prospects of moving up in wealth.

Hear, hear!

A middle class player working toward getting, say, a level 41 mythic weapon, would be calculating about how much time and pots (and elixir, ankh for higher elite maps) they have to spend against profit made. It's not a matter of work ethic or laziness, it's just logical business decision. Yes, it's sad to see level 41s still farming Jarl for lockeds, especially given its value now, but with limited alternatives to add to their savings, I find that I can't blame them. For them there simply is no sense in spending what little they have gained for a luck-based or remote chance of higher value loot. If they only get locked in T3, or a weapon worth under 10k after spending pots and ankhs for over 20 minutes, they would think they'd be better off farming Jarl, using the ankh money for luck elixir.

Giving middle-geared players more incentive to farm game currencies like dragkin teeth and planar fragments, IMO, would tip the calculation in favor of running the endgame contents STS had spent time and resources developing. When it was announced that planar pendant would require dragonite bar to craft, Tindirin woke up from its coma. But dragonite bar is by far the only thing worth farming dragkin teeth for now. Magma armor, which had been outclassed by several releases of legendary armor, is still there. If these obsolete items are augmented or replaced by new, better, more desirable items, it will give even more incentive for people to farm dragkin teeth. It doesn't even have to be weapon and armor if last year's trend of releasing legendary gear through events will continue this year. It could be gems you can purchase only with teeth. The same with planar fragments. Making dark crystal gear purchasable with fragments, even a high number of it, will make planar tombs more attractive.

To me this isn't about drastically narrowing the primary stat gap between the arcane/mythic and legendary. These gears are arcane/mythic because they also have a ton of procs (perks?) that give them an edge against legendary gear. These procs and the dmg differentials combined to make them desirable, and they should stay. What to me is necessary is to release legendary gear that's slightly closer in base dmg (for weapon) and armor (for armor), but minus the whopping crit, dmg boost and the high-end sophisticated procs. This will enable legendary players to participate more efficiently in tougher maps and open more possibilities in terms of upgrading gear to get the stats they're missing (hp from elondrian shard, crit from eye gem, dmg from para gem, armor from planar gem). As it stands now, people are reluctant to upgrade legendary gear with specific performance enhancing gems because they're saving these gems for mythics.

Jazzi
03-11-2015, 02:01 PM

ON GEAR DISPARITY:

ON LEADER BOARDS:

^^^^This. My thoughts masterfully put in concise and understandable words. TY :-)

Zeus
03-11-2015, 02:06 PM

I have yet to see anyone cheat on timed runs and make a banner at end of season...autopot can be a myth too. If you have a macro running on the Q & E keys, the second one tried to chat, chat would look like: qqqWeeeeeehat

Macros for summon/dismiss can be useful though but they don't really help you gain much time. They more serve purpose on insuring you don't fudge up a summon and dismiss on an essential pull.

Zylx
03-11-2015, 02:16 PM
I don't understand these types of threads. If you want to play a game where you start our with equal gear as everyone else who plays, go play Super Mario Brothers. The reason that most people play this game (or games similar to it) is be because they like to earn gold and improve their character. Think about it, if you found a cheat today that gave you 10 billion gold, you would have a fully geared toon, but what would you do when you log on? You'd go in pvp kill a few people, say hi to friends and then what? You'd be bored out of your mind when you logged on, right? Some people may call me rich, but I am not rich by any means compared to other people in this game. I have a mythic gun, 1 arcane pet and I share a ring with my guild mate. Those of you on my friends list know that I spend a crap load of time in the arena to loot recipes. All it take is 1 recipe a month and you have earned 120 million per year of playing this game. Please, spare us the excuses.

Believe it or not, not everyone is rich. When STS is releasing significant content, it's almost always geared towards the rich that can afford to gamble crates or can afford the best gear in the game. I've been using the same gear for the past year and its worth around 4m altogether. If I wanted to upgrade to the next tier, I'd have to spend 10m just on a weapon, another 10-20m for armor, 10-15m for ammy, 150m for ring. There is no in-between and that's the problem. The difference in stats are so significant that it alters 99% of players' ability to enjoy the new content when that new content is released with the top 1% in mind. And the only way to really make bank to be able to make enough gold for the top gear is to grind Planar content and oh wait, that's geared towards the privileged as well. You end up losing more money in ankhs than you do in gaining from the rare drops!

I feel the same way about the leaderboards. People always cry that they want seasonal leaderboards, but that's a pile of B.S. if you ask me. You guys want to be on the leaderboard, go flag 10k flags and then let's talk. Chances are that if you flag 10k flags, you'll either be on the leaderboard or you will just need a few pve kills to be there. But, let's keep it real, you are either too lazy or would rather do something else with your time and, hence, you don't have 10k flags. What do you think would happen if they reset the leaderboard each season? The same people who had the patience to flag to 10k, would do it again. The rest of us would be wandering aimlessly in CTF pretending to flag and then we'd give up and start a cry baby thread that seasonal leaderboards are too much and they should make weekly leaderboards, etc. The same goes for TDM kills and CTF kills. The people on those leaderboards spend a lot (I mean a lot) of time in pvp. But then I see threads started from people crying that the bottom of the pvp kills cut off is too high, meanwhile, I've never seen them in pvp before--go figure.

Look at how long it took for the top PvEers to gain 6m kills. 2 years? Okay, now guess how long it will take someone new to gain 6m kills. 2 years. Oh wait. By that time, the top player has 16m kills. So much for that. Seasonal leaderboards would give newer players something to work for. Its short-term so they are determined to get that coveted top spot. It isnt fair for the top player to quit the game for a year and still be on the leaderboard when they come back, while a new player works their arse off trying to catch up. Now explain to me how seasonal boards are B.S. The only thing that's B.S. about the leaderboards are the macro-happy cheaters that are guaranteed a top spot.

Bolded responses

Jhawkeye
03-11-2015, 02:59 PM
I myself think it should be the amount of kills from the beginning of the season, not overall, but hey what does my opinion matter

JohnnyHardcore
03-11-2015, 03:06 PM
Would it not be easier to cater to everyone just to do leaderboards for brackets of time played in one year increments?

Players A - ZZZ, played for 3 years.
Players AAAA - ZZZZZZZ, played for 2 years.
So on and so forth.

Doesnt belittle lifetime achievements, gives everyone more levelled competition.

Jhawkeye
03-11-2015, 03:16 PM
Do you want to know how I got my mythic set 1.5 years ago? I sat on the couch and ran jarl over and over while watching tv. Within a month or 2 I got a mythic set, while not putting forth much effort. That was about 2.5m worth of gear. Then I farmed the Caves of Tarewa over and over again and I probably saved about 10m from farming there over the course of 3 months. I also opened up 44,000 platinum worth of locked crates, where I looted a samael and earned some gold. [You need to keep in mind that if you are F2P, you really should just be thankful that STS is providing you with a free game to play. They release new and more expensive content to encourage the people to spend platinum]. Anyways, I saved up enough gold to purchase a mythic gun during the elondrian event. I crafted a bunch of crates and gems and I sold them. I was fortunate to be in a knowledgable guild who was the first to farm for essence in camp boulder, so I made out alright. So now I had a mythic set, samael and a mythic gun. At this point, I was pretty well geared and I began to farm the Arena I farmed it until I looted several recipes, then I made a rogue because they are more efficient at farming the arena and I continue to farm still. Do you see the progression there? Oh and btw, you don't need 10m for a bow. Why not make a small goal to save 5m to get the mythic daggers? Why not spend some money and open locked crates to help support this game? I guess that's my position on this because I can only speak from my own experience.

That's a lot of work lol.. I sat in tindirin for about 3 weeks up to about 5 hrs a day and merched up enough gold to buy mythic set, frost gun and ghost set. My PL skills were activated to the max

Excuses
03-11-2015, 03:29 PM
Seasonal LBs would be fine but there are some flaws I see with it. Endgame PVP hardly exists vs Twink PVP kills lbs. Especially for warriors. With so many people in endgame pvp mostly free flagging desperate for AP, theres little to no chance to compete with a twink in regards to kills lb. Most, if not all, endgame pvp warriors on ctf kills lb are because they played ctf with fighting in the past and struggle to keep up with the twinks and dummy farmers right now. Most endgame warriors don't get many kills nowadays. If there is a seasonal vs overall lb there has to be a twink vs endgame lb too. Either that or, I'd hate to suggest this, but make seasonal lb endgame only.

They messed up with the gap when a mythic pendant was introduced instead of a mythic ring (41). That widened the gap between rich and poor/average.

This was what I suggested long ago too.
Lv15 timed run will be panicking tho. Lol
But sts wouldn't bother the rich imo.

And I do agree with what kali said.
Effort should be awarded. This game relies on luck too much and gap is too big.
People should be able to get decent gears and pets to play by farming.

Dex Scene
03-11-2015, 03:39 PM
You would not have to flag to 10k again each season. But how many flags do you have now? There are people who get things done and then there's people who complain that nothing is getting done. Right now, as I'm typing this, there is someone grinding away flags in CTF. They probably have a daily goal of 100 or 200 flags. If that person is not you, then you will not have a chance in seasonal leaderboard either. So you may as well just flag to 10k one time and be done with it.

Why do we need a seasonal leaderboard to encourage new players? So leaderboards are a place for noobs now? I think new players need to get their feet wet before making a stab at the leaderboard. There's plenty for a new player to do, such as spending a month straight to just look for the elusive 4. Like I said before, you want to be on the leaderboard, flag to 10k first then come complain. Until then, it's just a meritless complaint.

Whatever flags I have, prevent yourself from insulting other.
there are lots of people who got into the game later and how foolish is it to think that every new players are noobs and not working hard LMAO.

When a player gets thousands of Flags and kills already and then a new player comes who might be of same hard working or potential can never compete since the old player is already 2 years ahead.
Its so hard to understand right??
And when new players get old, old players get older. So when is the time for them to get in LB ??
lmao how many times did you take yourself to get 10k flags? 1 week?
So its not easy to get flags faster right (unless one is in some dominating pvp guilds to flag for free) ?? So how come a new player will flag + make up the flag number differences with old players and ever get in lb ? Only chance when someone old lb player retire...

Seasonal LB is for season records.
If one new player can outrun legend player in one season he deserves the spot and if he can do it he is surely not a noob..

Its not like all time LB will be taken out -.- the game is not only about being old player.
Anyway its my last word with you since its quiet boring talking to someone who steps out to get personal and call others noobs and crying. Arrogance and pro forumer attitude I see.

I hope dev reads it… there's so many games with seasonal LB. If some players do amazing in one season, better than other then I think he deserve some achievements and shouldn't get fade out just because he didn't join the game year ago and keep at it. Seasonal Lb please. Thank you

Roberto077
03-11-2015, 04:20 PM
"The balance in this game is the most disappointing thing since my son" ~Plinklett 2015

Dex Scene
03-11-2015, 05:36 PM
You took everything I said and read it as if it was typed in all caps and directed to you. I hope you will try to compete in the next event leaderboard so that you see how competitive it is. See if you can stay on the event leaderboard for even a few weeks, as opposed to an entire season. I wish you the best of luck getting on the leaderboard.

Edit: Remiem just posted the next leprechaun event. It has a leaderboard with a prize. Getting on this leaderboard will not be much diferent than a seasonal one. Give it a try for fun and see how competitive it is.

here's the link: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?214464-Remiem-s-Weekly-Community-Update-March-11th-2015

No ty. I rather not be in event LB where i need to play 24*7 nonstop event map. Do the #1-#2 pve kills or flagger lb people do nonstop pve/pvp 24*7?? I guess no.
Some of my old pvp lb friends are been chilling for a month cuz they are way too ahead of others to get out of lb. How come you compare it with event LB.

Even if want to be in event lb I cant afford those energies. Does being in pve kills or pvp lb need energies too?

Didn't want to reply but since you are mixing up All time Pvp Pve Lb with Event LBs, Ill tell you there's alot of difference in them.
Beside I was not talking about just myself about being on LB, there's alot deserving new players.
And if seasonal LB comes, I'll try my best to be in there. If i can't better players will get there. No worries. Won't stop me from voicing out my opinion.
Where a legend LB will preserve all the old players with All time records and a seasonal LB will have both new and old players who had been outstanding this season.

Peace!

Tatman
03-11-2015, 06:01 PM
Those of you on my friends list know that I spend a crap load of time in the arena to loot recipes. All it take is 1 recipe a month and you have earned 120 million per year of playing this game. Please, spare us the excuses.
You couldn't get maxed out with 120 million until a few months ago. If we include include Nekro in the current maxed out setup, I'm not sure you can now either. That's first.

Second, I got a question for you. You have these requirements for joining your guild and they have been adopted in mine too. 3300 health, 460 damage for rogue and something similar for mage. I gather these are stats that should be good enough to efficiently farm the latest elite content, at least according to your and our management.

So.. Do you honestly think people with such stats can efficiently farm Arena? Or Tombs for that matter.

If you ask me, the large majority will:
a) have a hard time finding any parties at all;
b) go broke before they even see a recipe drop.

VenomsChaos
03-11-2015, 06:56 PM
agree with statu differences...
i am a mage, all i dont like the ring difference. arcane ring :/

i dont have a arcane ring and my statu wery low near a arcane ring mage :/

i was waiting a lvl 41 mythic ring.

NOT: hope next season there a mythic ring at the begining of season.

obee
03-11-2015, 07:10 PM
The game needs more interest. Do you know how boring it is to farm locks all day? It feels like more work than fun. Also, I don't know about you guys, but I don't have a lot of time of my hands. I will run a lot, but I can't consistently farm for 4+ hours a day. No one here is crying, I'm just agreeing with Zlyx, the gap is pretty big. Let's see, 30 minutes of luck gets you about 10-15 (This isn't even considering luck odds.) Locks are 5k. If I play for 1 hour a day, by the end of the week, I've made 100k-150k. But unfortunately, the game doesn't work like that. Taking the fact that you aren't farming the whole 30 minutes, and the fact that luck is bad sometimes, it doesn't add up. We just need to make the game more interesting.

obee
03-11-2015, 07:15 PM
I don't understand these types of threads. If you want to play a game where you start our with equal gear as everyone else who plays, go play Super Mario Brothers. The reason that most people play this game (or games similar to it) is be because they like to earn gold and improve their character. Think about it, if you found a cheat today that gave you 10 billion gold, you would have a fully geared toon, but what would you do when you log on? You'd go in pvp kill a few people, say hi to friends and then what? You'd be bored out of your mind when you logged on, right? Some people may call me rich, but I am not rich by any means compared to other people in this game. I have a mythic gun, 1 arcane pet and I share a ring with my guild mate. Those of you on my friends list know that I spend a crap load of time in the arena to loot recipes. All it take is 1 recipe a month and you have earned 120 million per year of playing this game. Please, spare us the excuses.

First of all, looting one recipe is not gonna happen for most people. Lots of people have jobs and stuff, and even I did have time, the odds would be pretty low. Second of all, we are lazy? People aren't lazy, people have a life to go to. I'm not gonna spend 4 hours palying a game, when I have events to go to. Seasonal LB's aren't BS. What about the people who don't play PVP. 10k flags is more than you think, and once again, lots of people don't have time. Seasonal LB's are good for new players who can't catch up to 7 seasons+ of work.

Ravager
03-11-2015, 07:48 PM

I have yet to see anyone cheat on timed runs and make a banner at end of season...autopot can be a myth too. If you have a macro running on the Q & E keys, the second one tried to chat, chat would look like: qqqWeeeeeehat

Macros for summon/dismiss can be useful though but they don't really help you gain much time. They more serve purpose on insuring you don't fudge up a summon and dismiss on an essential pull.

Its not even necessary. I play on control pad. You can do this on pc or mobile. Map triggers to hp and mp pots. Mash the triggers as you play elite.

On pc its not too hard to mash q and e while playing if you got no control pad. Got 10 fingers.

You can go cardio-elite and map q and e to a ddr pad too.

Ravager
03-11-2015, 07:50 PM

First of all, looting one recipe is not gonna happen for most people. Lots of people have jobs and stuff, and even I did have time, the odds would be pretty low. Second of all, we are lazy? People aren't lazy, people have a life to go to. I'm not gonna spend 4 hours palying a game, when I have events to go to. Seasonal LB's aren't BS. What about the people who don't play PVP. 10k flags is more than you think, and once again, lots of people don't have time. Seasonal LB's are good for new players who can't catch up to 7 seasons+ of work.

To me theres only conflict if it REPLACES it. If its separate, ok.

obee
03-11-2015, 08:11 PM
Yea, veterans deserve their spot.

Serancha
03-11-2015, 08:35 PM

Sorry Shiny, gotta call this one. A lot of us who want seasonal leaderboards are not crying about it. We have valid reasons for wanting them as a game-wide benefit.

I refuse to do 10K flags, and I'm fine with that. That's not why I want seasonals. A large number of people on many of the leaderboards don't even play anymore and haven't for 2,3 or 4 seasons. They got their numbers by exploits that have now been closed. In the case of PvP, they are covered dummy farmers taking the players of legitimate players. Leaderboards should be based on the current version of the game, not banners being handed out to people who got their numbers when it was still easy, and figure they are set for life. For all intents and purposes, they are.

Sure, the AP board will still go to those who free flagged their way to it (or used other methods), which I personally find distasteful, but that doesn't mean I'm crying about it. If someone wants to run like a mouse in a maze 10K times for a banner, that's their prerogative. If they do it honestly, I'd respect that, but there's less than 10 players that I am aware of who got there without free flagging or using other methods. However, those who did it in the early seasons had it a lot easier than the players do now.

If seasonals were implemented, at least the boards will be cleaned of all the dummy farmers who have now quit, the pve farmers who have quit, and give current players a fresh shot. After all, why should someone be rewarded when they haven't played for the last year?

For botting or dummy farming, anyone rising in kills too fast could be easily spotted, and if STS got off their collective butts, they would be able to stop a lot of the farmers and keep things fair. We have been asking for fairness in the game for 2 years, and it's very discouraging that people who spend weeks and months working on their toons are ousted by cheaters or have no chance to catch up to those who got their PvE kills when boulder was still active.

Elite kills board is still something I want to see implemented. It would only count for elite maps that give kills - the difficult ones - and would eliminate most if not all of the ability to exploit one's way to a banner.

Zylx
03-11-2015, 08:41 PM
You have been using the same 4m gear for the past year, which means that you have not made any progress in an entire year. What did you do in the first place to get 4m worth of gear?

Do you want to know how I got my mythic set 1.5 years ago? I sat on the couch and ran jarl over and over while watching tv. Within a month or 2 I got a mythic set, while not putting forth much effort. That was about 2.5m worth of gear. Then I farmed the Caves of Tarewa over and over again and I probably saved about 10m from farming there over the course of 3 months. I also opened up 44,000 platinum worth of locked crates, where I looted a samael and earned some gold. [You need to keep in mind that if you are F2P, you really should just be thankful that STS is providing you with a free game to play. They release new and more expensive content to encourage the people to spend platinum]. Anyways, I saved up enough gold to purchase a mythic gun during the elondrian event. I crafted a bunch of crates and gems and I sold them. I was fortunate to be in a knowledgable guild who was the first to farm for essence in camp boulder, so I made out alright. So now I had a mythic set, samael and a mythic gun. At this point, I was pretty well geared and I began to farm the Arena I farmed it until I looted several recipes, then I made a rogue because they are more efficient at farming the arena and I continue to farm still. Do you see the progression there? Oh and btw, you don't need 10m for a bow. Why not make a small goal to save 5m to get the mythic daggers? Why not spend some money and open locked crates to help support this game? I guess that's my position on this because I can only speak from my own experience.

As to your second bolded response--I'll say it again--go flag to 10k and then let's talk. If you don't have 10k flags, it's not even worth discussing. Personally, I know how difficult it is to flag as a mage. Every single jerk rogue or pack of ganger warriors come charging after a cheap kill when they see a mage flagging. I have 1300 flags and that's enough for me. All I need as a mage is 5k to solidify a spot on the mage overall leaderboard. If I had 10k I'd be golden because there's only a handful of mages who have done that. I think Casperox, Anduan & Conradev (and maybe a couple of others) are the only ones that have 10k. Knowing how difficult it is to flag to 10k, I would never have the audacity to start a thread and ask for their hard work to be wiped each season, simply because I'm too lazy to flag passed 1300. That's all I'm saying.

Frankly, what's the obsession with leaderboards anyways? Play for fun. If you're the kind of person that can end up on a leaderboard, you should have grinded out the Elondrian event and won an SNS and we wouldn't be having this discussion because you'd be rich. But, you didn't, so let's move on.

Cool story, but not everyone is able to afford to pump money into the game and loot a samael. And my 100k bow jumps to a 5m dagger. GG. That's a pretty big gap.

And I never said the entire leaderboard needs to be wiped each season. So before you rudely blow things up again, I meant for an additional leaderboard for seasonal players. I agree, it wouldn't be fair to those who did play day and night for their kills to mean nothing, which is why a separate leaderboard should come for people to work up for. Leaderboards are a competition and believe it or not, competitions are fun.

Serancha
03-11-2015, 08:45 PM

Well yes, that's just logical. The thing is the banners are made with the season numbers on them. There should be an all time banner and then the banner for the season. After all someone who quit in season 5 should not be getting a season 7 top kills banner. Sure they can have their all time banner 'cause they earned that, but they didn't earn it in season 7, so why should they have a banner that says they did the most in season 7?

Short answer is all of those people fall off of the leaderboard each time sts updates to a new serverr or when they introduce a new ap. For example, Boss is not on the leaderboard

Not on the overall board, but still on the PvE board. That's the point. It's not just about overall top player, it's about all the other boards as well. Timed boards are reset each season, after all.

Overweightank
03-11-2015, 08:53 PM

This wasn't thouht off well. I used to be a professional mercher. and I used to despise farming with a passion due to it's gold value being almost half of what merching gave , and merching was easy, when farming was work. But now the merching is off.

1st of all) luck crates and x2 weekend dont give money anymore. The locked goes from 4k to 7k for first few hours, then drops back down to normal value. The game doesnt have enough gold.

P.S Dont assume. Because you may be wrong! :J

obee
03-11-2015, 09:12 PM
First of all, that is not true. Anyone who wants to loot a recipe will loot a recipe. If that's not you, then it's your choice.
Second of all, when did i call you or anyone lazy? I think you should read that entire sentence again. Third of all, if you are not going to spend 4 hours playing a game, then you will not be on the leaderboard, be it seasonal or 7 seasons worth. This is the point that you all keep missing. The people who are willing to grind a game for 8 to 10 hours a day will be the ones on the seasonal leaderboard. Those happen to be most of the people on the leaderboard now because they have to play a lot to protect their flags.

For the sake of argument, let's say sts resets the leaderboard each season. Then what? Are we gonna see threads saying rich players are on the leaderboard because they have better gear? I think what would make you people happy is if sts reset the leaderboards and took away all the gold, pets and equipment at the end of each season and make all of your toons level 1.
You actually called someone lazy look again. And you can't just "loot a recipe". Lol. I know someone who has been farming arena for a long time, they still haven't looyed one. I don't want to be a leaderboard, this thread isn't about that. It's about the difference in gear. I said 4 hours of farming, not leaderboard. Please actually read what I'm saying.

obee
03-11-2015, 09:46 PM
Look i don't want to keep going tit fortat with you guys. If someone has not looted a recipe, all they can say is they have not looted one "yet." The majority of your post was about leaderboards. At no pount did you say anything about farming. Please actually read what you're saying. :p

In my original post i shared how i made gold and how it's not something that happens overnight. The op responded in post 68 and only focused on the 1 item i looted from a crate, rather than looking at the examples i gave on how to earn gold. Clearly there's no helping this person.

Everyone elese did not agree with my beliefs on the leaderboard and so they quoted me left and right and that is the direction they took the thread.

This is my last post here. Have a nice evening everyone
I did talk about my posts. The reason why we are arguing with you, is because you have the nerve to treat a lot of people on this thread like they are dumb. You were being very rude, that's all I'm going to say.

Dragoonclaws
03-11-2015, 10:14 PM
I did talk about my posts. The reason why we are arguing with you, is because you have the nerve to treat a lot of people on this thread like they are dumb. You were being very rude, that's all I'm going to say.

The reason I don't reply much to this post: I didn't read it...

ilhanna
03-11-2015, 10:19 PM
While I fully agree that there is no substitute for hard work to get more advanced gear and the stats that come with it, I also think it's too simplistic and dismissive to call threads like this a cry made by undeserving players wanting equal stance with the arcane players without putting necessary work. Today's farming scene is different from 1.5 year ago when lockeds were selling around 13k and there was a brisk legendary pet egg market and elite farming was alive and well. You have to work much harder at farming nowadays to get what used to take a month or two to accumulate back then. There is also limited alternatives for newly capped legendary players to work their way into better gear. There were the events, yes, but these weren't as straightforward as it would've seemed to people with years behind them to prepare. The Goblin event with its lack of energy crafting, Ursoth and the people who fled the second they heard Helena, for instance. You couldn't take full advantage of Goblin event unless you were prepared to fork over plat or gold for energy. And with Ursoth unless you had friends or guildmates with the gear to make short work of Helena and the guts to not poof midfight, you ended up wasting energy. But all right, events aren't the only time you can make money in the game and there are players who missed out on some of them. That leaves farming. And where will you tell a newly capped player to farm these days? The same places a lot of veteran players farmed 1-2 years ago, except now the value of what you loot there is different. Are there new areas to farm? Yes, but they're the ones that call for investments like ankhs and where it will be hard for you to get party if you aren't geared to the teeth. So back to square one.

I'm in a guild where unlike in a lot of established capped-only guilds we have players who only started playing early this year or a few months before. We help them get to cap level and once there to start on what endgamers are preoccupied with, amassing wealth and getting better gear. For the most part they don't mind putting the effort into farming, even if it will take them much much longer to get what they want. I just wish I could tell them something new, some middle ground. We now have low-risk, low-yield farming areas, and high-risk, high-yield areas. I think it would be nice to have some middle-ground to progress to or fall back on, because let's face it, most farming is luck-dependent. That's why I think it would be good to update Kaden's merchandise and stock the vendor with other desirable items farmers can set their goal on. And do something about elite loot table. For now many people who are not ready to farm Planar maps may be ready to farm elite Tindirin. They just need better incentive to do it.

As a side note, call me noob, but I started playing this game because of one thing: it lets me kill monsters. That's what makes it fun for me. I love to go try myself out on new areas and work out how I can do better at what I do. I try to get my hands on better gear, because when it comes to killing monsters, who wouldn't want to do it faster. But gear disparity has never stopped me from venturing out onto new places. It never really bothers me that other rogues have twice my damage. It might take me longer to accomplish what might take them five minutes, but why should that stop me. It took me a long time but I finally understand how the skills, pets, and gear work and I want to explore them to the fullest. Killing monsters is still the chief fun I get in this game, be it while farming, helping guildmates or just answering some errant curiosity (recently it's been: how hard does healing aggro?). It's a game, it's supposed to be done for fun. If grinding isn't fun for you, find other things that make it fun. If you don't find your gear adequate, work on making it adequate or work on your build, skills and tactics to compensate. Bottom line is simply enjoy it, or make it enjoyable.

Serancha
03-12-2015, 12:12 AM
I started playing the game so I could explore and kill monsters too. :) That doesn't make us noobs, it makes us gamer chicks.

Upperbound
03-12-2015, 02:15 AM
Pay to win. Oh no. Pay to test your luck and maybe you win. =)

That's all. I've already spent more money on this game then on all games I played before (there was a lot).
I'm still lower-middle in this game. I just realized that i have to spend 10x-100x more money to progress and I've stopped my main and moved to twinking.

Earlingstad
03-12-2015, 02:25 AM
I agree that there is a wide gap between the average and the best in game, stats wise. Gear needs to be released which narrows that gap and creates a middle ground and that gear should be easily accessible to the majority of players. The root of imbalance is badly distributed stats in current gear, rather than the skill system. While ideally an arcane item should have been slightly better (or more than slightly better) than a mythic item, in reality the gap is enormous. For example -- Scorch and Nekro/Singe. And mythic ring and arcane ring.

Also while designing gear, the stats should be specialized instead of giving everything out to one item. There should have never been one single item (arcane or not) which enables one class to godmode and not need another class. If you are giving one attribute to a particular item, take something away from it. In order to maintain the usefulness of each class, measures need to be taken which ensure that the specialties of one class do not get distributed to another through gear-stats, other wise why would they need each other?

Fightbeast
03-12-2015, 02:53 AM
While I fully agree that there is no substitute for hard work to get more advanced gear and the stats that come with it, I also think it's too simplistic and dismissive to call threads like this a cry made by undeserving players wanting equal stance with the arcane players without putting necessary work. Today's farming scene is different from 1.5 year ago when lockeds were selling around 13k and there was a brisk legendary pet egg market and elite farming was alive and well. You have to work much harder at farming nowadays to get what used to take a month or two to accumulate back then. There is also limited alternatives for newly capped legendary players to work their way into better gear. There were the events, yes, but these weren't as straightforward as it would've seemed to people with years behind them to prepare. The Goblin event with its lack of energy crafting, Ursoth and the people who fled the second they heard Helena, for instance. You couldn't take full advantage of Goblin event unless you were prepared to fork over plat or gold for energy. And with Ursoth unless you had friends or guildmates with the gear to make short work of Helena and the guts to not poof midfight, you ended up wasting energy. But all right, events aren't the only time you can make money in the game and there are players who missed out on some of them. That leaves farming. And where will you tell a newly capped player to farm these days? The same places a lot of veteran players farmed 1-2 years ago, except now the value of what you loot there is different. Are there new areas to farm? Yes, but they're the ones that call for investments like ankhs and where it will be hard for you to get party if you aren't geared to the teeth. So back to square one.

I'm in a guild where unlike in a lot of established capped-only guilds we have players who only started playing early this year or a few months before. We help them get to cap level and once there to start on what endgamers are preoccupied with, amassing wealth and getting better gear. For the most part they don't mind putting the effort into farming, even if it will take them much much longer to get what they want. I just wish I could tell them something new, some middle ground. We now have low-risk, low-yield farming areas, and high-risk, high-yield areas. I think it would be nice to have some middle-ground to progress to or fall back on, because let's face it, most farming is luck-dependent. That's why I think it would be good to update Kaden's merchandise and stock the vendor with other desirable items farmers can set their goal on. And do something about elite loot table. For now many people who are not ready to farm Planar maps may be ready to farm elite Tindirin. They just need better incentive to do it.

As a side note, call me noob, but I started playing this game because of one thing: it lets me kill monsters. That's what makes it fun for me. I love to go try myself out on new areas and work out how I can do better at what I do. I try to get my hands on better gear, because when it comes to killing monsters, who wouldn't want to do it faster. But gear disparity has never stopped me from venturing out onto new places. It never really bothers me that other rogues have twice my damage. It might take me longer to accomplish what might take them five minutes, but why should that stop me. It took me a long time but I finally understand how the skills, pets, and gear work and I want to explore them to the fullest. Killing monsters is still the chief fun I get in this game, be it while farming, helping guildmates or just answering some errant curiosity (recently it's been: how hard does healing aggro?). It's a game, it's supposed to be done for fun. If grinding isn't fun for you, find other things that make it fun. If you don't find your gear adequate, work on making it adequate or work on your build, skills and tactics to compensate. Bottom line is simply enjoy it, or make it enjoyable.
Your posts are always meaningful :)

Kingofninjas
03-12-2015, 02:01 PM
Sts obviously mainly cares about pleasing the paying customers, people who are usually maxed out or close to. This is understandable, but they should focus of creating some sort of balance instead of making these maxed so ridiculously strong. IMO, sts should have released a mythic ring instead of the planar amulet. They also should have focused on buffing scorch before they buffed nekro. I can understand that they are a business and will prefer to please the paying customers, but the imbalance is ridiculous. Back at 36 cap, all you needed was a mythic set to compete. I played without a mythic ring or amulet for the longest time and I managed to compete. Mythic weapons were not seen in every map and they were actually something rare that only a handful of players could boast to have. Now pretty Mich everyone has a mythic weapon and you need at the very least samael, a mythic weapon, mythic set, mythic ring and planar amulet to compete. Even if you have those you are still ridiculously out geared by the ring + imbued set and nekro players, but it is possible to clash in that gear. I'm sure the next cap will have some new item(s) to widen the gap and sts will not do anything to fix it.

Tatman
03-12-2015, 05:07 PM
I'm sure the next cap will have some new item(s) to widen the gap and sts will not do anything to fix it.
It's time for arcane armor, no? :)

Kingofninjas
03-12-2015, 05:16 PM
It's time for arcane armor, no? :)

Ikr lol. Forget mythic ring to balance things out, let's make arcane armor.

Jazzi
03-12-2015, 05:28 PM
Ikr lol. Forget mythic ring to balance things out, let's make arcane armor.

Thumbs up for arcane everything. Mythics are a thing of the past. :triumphant:

supersyan
03-13-2015, 02:03 AM
Ok. i want arcane Rocket launcher. Lets nuke arlor

Alhuntrazeck
03-20-2015, 02:01 AM
The problem is real.

The game is seriously becoming P2P. There are, when you come down to it, 2 legitimate ways of making money - by farming or by opening crates. The former is impractical for earning enough gold to be max geared. We're looking at nearly 100 million - how does a player earn that much? Sure, he or she may be lucky by looting a recipe which gives him or her 10M give or take 1-2 million - the odds of that are as likely as getting an arcane in a locked crate! (Probably isn't true, exaggerating to make my point) And how does that same player loot 10 of them to gear himself out completely? The odds are simply out of this world.

So, what is left? The locked crates. If you open tons you may get super lucky and loot something but by the end of the day its hard - no, damn near impossible - for an average, working-class person to ever earn enough money to get the top gear.

That may not seem like such a big problem - you either work or pay for your gear, right? - but one must look at the vast stat differences in gear. A mythic amulet gives more or less 500 HP more than, say, a Wild Talisman! Coupled with the arcane ring (which gives like 300 HP I believe) you already have 800 HP more than a regular player! And we're not even looking at the damage differences here.

If you count a full mythic player with a mythic pet as middle class - gear worth ~15m depending on your class - we're looking at almost 100 damage and 800 hp difference not to mention the advantage an arcane pet user has over a mythic pet! Case in point: Nekro. Its great for all classes and makes you pretty damn invincible in a 1v1 with a non-Nekro user.

While I agree players who pay to get their gear deserve a better sporting chance than players who don't as much as they do, the game shouldn't be this much P2W, its saddening.

What my suggestion is? I have 2 -

1. Actual middle class gear that is competitive. Let's say legendary is the lower class, mythic is the middle class & arcane the rich elites. Differences between mythic and arcane gear should not be so high. Payers should pay to have that extra edge (and farmers should farm for it too) - but that "extra edge" should not involve crazy stat increases like it is this season. The maximum stat increases from middle-class gear to higher-class gear should be 30 damage and 200 HP.

2. a.Pets that cancel out certain abilities. Farmable pets that have arcane abilities that nullify other pets' arcane abilities would be cool. For eg, a pet which removes shield buffs. Another that removes stat buffs. Etc.
2. b. Pets which form a bridge between the higher and middle classes. Pets should have weaknesses and strengths; there shouldn't be ones which get the best of both (all?) worlds. A rogue with Nekro has a mage's shield coupled with their own high armor along with the high damage the class already has. Fair? No...Each pet should have a particular use. A buff pet, a stun pet, a pet with cool stats but a crappy AA, a pet with an awesome AA but crappy stats - you get the picture.

My special kudos goes out to those players who prevail despite gear and class disadvantages. Good job!

Oh, and apologies for the 1 week necro. Saw the thread just now and thought I should have my say.

Dex Scene
03-20-2015, 02:35 AM
The problem is real.

The game is seriously becoming P2P. There are, when you come down to it, 2 legitimate ways of making money - by farming or by opening crates. The former is impractical for earning enough gold to be max geared. We're looking at nearly 100 million - how does a player earn that much? Sure, he or she may be lucky by looting a recipe which gives him or her 10M give or take 1-2 million - the odds of that are as likely as getting an arcane in a locked crate! (Probably isn't true, exaggerating to make my point) And how does that same player loot 10 of them to gear himself out completely? The odds are simply out of this world.

So, what is left? The locked crates. If you open tons you may get super lucky and loot something but by the end of the day its hard - no, damn near impossible - for an average, working-class person to ever earn enough money to get the top gear.

That may not seem like such a big problem - you either work or pay for your gear, right? - but one must look at the vast stat differences in gear. A mythic amulet gives more or less 500 HP more than, say, a Wild Talisman! Coupled with the arcane ring (which gives like 300 HP I believe) you already have 800 HP more than a regular player! And we're not even looking at the damage differences here.

If you count a full mythic player with a mythic pet as middle class - gear worth ~15m depending on your class - we're looking at almost 100 damage and 800 hp difference not to mention the advantage an arcane pet user has over a mythic pet! Case in point: Nekro. Its great for all classes and makes you pretty damn invincible in a 1v1 with a non-Nekro user.

While I agree players who pay to get their gear deserve a better sporting chance than players who don't as much as they do, the game shouldn't be this much P2W, its saddening.

What my suggestion is? I have 2 -

1. Actual middle class gear that is competitive. Let's say legendary is the lower class, mythic is the middle class & arcane the rich elites. Differences between mythic and arcane gear should not be so high. Payers should pay to have that extra edge (and farmers should farm for it too) - but that "extra edge" should not involve crazy stat increases like it is this season. The maximum stat increases from middle-class gear to higher-class gear should be 30 damage and 200 HP.

2. a.Pets that cancel out certain abilities. Farmable pets that have arcane abilities that nullify other pets' arcane abilities would be cool. For eg, a pet which removes shield buffs. Another that removes stat buffs. Etc.
2. b. Pets which form a bridge between the higher and middle classes. Pets should have weaknesses and strengths; there shouldn't be ones which get the best of both (all?) worlds. A rogue with Nekro has a mage's shield coupled with their own high armor along with the high damage the class already has. Fair? No...Each pet should have a particular use. A buff pet, a stun pet, a pet with cool stats but a crappy AA, a pet with an awesome AA but crappy stats - you get the picture.

My special kudos goes out to those players who prevail despite gear and class disadvantages. Good job!

Oh, and apologies for the 1 week necro. Saw the thread just now and thought I should have my say.
Out of thanks... ill give it a thanks tomorrow...
Every words are true.

Veenihiv
02-25-2016, 12:44 AM
With regard to the class divide, this is inevitable with any "capitalist" model (not that I like it myself). The gamemakers aren't going to change what works for them, it's illogical for them imo. You turn it socialist and it removes the profit - not happening, they r not committing business suicide. They had 7 seasons to think about what they want for the leaderboard, the old ranking structure has not changed. #1 is still a game of quantity. I don't see them changing that easily without drama. However, their events have become progressively egalitarian in terms of evenly distributed reward.

Honestly I think players who want more than that should either pay or find friends to pool resources with. There are players who drop thousands in the game and a lot who refuse to spend a cent. The top teams are typically a mixture of these people.

With regards to timed runs, I think they're quite good as they are. The most OP running teams typically come together and pool their resources to have that kind of firepower - group survival theory - but currently w/o near-max gear you won't know where you stand. Neither will anyone else really.

So I do think there should be some speed maps that everyone can have a go at on a level playing field, and acquire a taste for. Like a small handful of training maps that don't go on leaderboard but you can post your screenies on a forum thread. Those I think would help bring players together, get skilled/passionate-but-undergeared players noticed and possibly recruited by the running teams. :)

Lastly if u care too much about the game u r gonna have ur heart broken so I suggest u see it for what it really is and adjust your expectations.

This thread is from 2015 and With the current decrease in price of items it really ain't that hard

Veenihiv
02-25-2016, 08:35 PM
This post is ridiculously stupid.

On top of that, blatant. Before you complain about something that was said a year ago, wouldnt it make sense to have understood what was going on back then? Because obviously you are either new, or lived under a rock and dont remember a huge part of AL's history.

A lot of those top players actually rose to the top through exploits and otherwise shifty business.

This was posted around the time plat farming was still a major issue and gear differences were substantial. The items you see today for 1m gold were 30+m back then. The arcane ring itself was more than 100m. And the gap between gears, status-wise, were astronomically huge, in the triple digit percentile. But, all of this has been taken care of- for the most part. There are still the overpowering gems from over a year ago that havent been dealt with yet, but the game has improved drastically since then.

There is still the issue of leaderboards being overrun with botters, and old botters who havent logged on for the past year or so. So, I'll excuse your blatantly blown out post as an ignorant rant from someone who didnt understand.

Yep, I can't see the reason in people crying about something poster in 2015.. Who the cake ( not u Kona ) Bought this up??

ThaAnas
02-25-2016, 09:02 PM
sorry cant agree with u...
because the major difference is... that now everything is available... be happy that u can get full gear for 6million ... its not that big gap.. u can also kill them in pvp if u have a lucky shot but for sure deserves a player with 150m hear better stats than a 3m geared rogue ...
dont jurge that...
the only thing they need to fix - is the drop rate of things in ren'gols
arcane shard 50k
fossil 500k
arc blade 2m
arc sword 2-3m
arc staff 2-3m
arcane eggs 600-1,5m
its not fair and its too low prices for all of this things... they lose their value
sure I farmed long time to achieve that... I farmed nekro recipe long time ago hadnt even excess to get fossil for 15'm to craft an nekro egg > nekro 2,5m... almost all ppl who have now 150m gear on them paid for sure 5-10times more for one egg than u for all eggs
think about it ;-)

Schnitzel
02-25-2016, 09:39 PM
*ahem*

Please check the post date before posting. Since this thread was from 2015, a lot has changed since then

konafez
02-26-2016, 04:08 AM
Yep, I can't see the reason in people crying about something poster in 2015.. Who the cake ( not u Kona ) Bought this up??

Cake?!? You said cake! Where's the cake?

Att
02-26-2016, 06:24 AM
Yes its unfair

Veenihiv
02-26-2016, 07:00 AM
Yes its unfair

What's Unfair ??