PDA

View Full Version : Gaming like a pro on your laptop.... kinda

Jhawkeye
03-11-2015, 10:54 AM
A friend showed me this the other day and I thought it was so cool I'd share it with all of you guys in case someone doesn't know about it.

Items Required: Laptop, T.V., HDMI Cord

Steps to gaming:
1. Power Laptop on

2. Power T.V on (These may seem like dumb steps but ya never know. I'd rather be thorough than leave something out and someone forgets.)

3. Plug HDMI Cord into the HDMI slot on your computer and into you T.V.

4. On your T.V go to the input setting the HDMI Cord is connected to

5. On your Laptop you have 2 options
1. Set the output to show on Computer and the T.V
2. Set the output to only show on the T.V

My favorite way to play is to show on the T.V only.
This looks amazing on a 72 in. TV and is a great experience for playing

If you really want to up the antics go ahead and drop the 1.6m to get that 300 in. Titan TV and tell me how it goes

Also if anybody knows how I can get my phone screen on my TV please drop a link below or just pm me how. I've been looking and haven't found a working way yet.

Kakashis
03-11-2015, 11:01 AM
heeh, I used to do that on my TV! I find that a comp monitor is best as the tv it's too much work with portable keyboards and mouse and on a sofa!! That plus it's too comfy, I feel asleep a few times in elites that way LOL

Jhawkeye
03-11-2015, 11:14 AM
heeh, I used to do that on my TV! I find that a comp monitor is best as the tv it's too much work with portable keyboards and mouse and on a sofa!! That plus it's too comfy, I feel asleep a few times in elites that way LOL

Yesss haha I just use my comp keyboard and mouse and look at the tv cuz I love seeing the games all big and stuff

codered
03-11-2015, 11:30 AM
Lets try with LCD projector [emoji15]

vawaid
03-11-2015, 11:44 AM
still want to play it on laptop with joystick. hmm...

codered
03-11-2015, 11:46 AM
Or ipega thing on phone. [emoji42]

FluffNStuff
03-11-2015, 11:47 AM

What laptop? I use a joystick mapper on a MAC and it works great.

Fyrce
03-11-2015, 01:03 PM
Joystick mapper? Wait, what's this? Will it make playing D3 nicer?

darthdlo
03-11-2015, 01:16 PM
If u have a newer tv or bluray player u can do screen mirroring on each thats what i do with my phone and bluray player

Zeus
03-11-2015, 02:13 PM
Text gets fuzzy in my experience on TVs due to the lower PPI.

Jhawkeye
03-11-2015, 02:56 PM
If u have a newer tv or bluray player u can do screen mirroring on each thats what i do with my phone and bluray player

I have that "Fresh into college TV" lol

Jhawkeye
03-11-2015, 02:56 PM
Text gets fuzzy in my experience on TVs due to the lower PPI.

I specialize in data and communications lol. I have no clue what a PPI is

Dragoonclaws
03-11-2015, 03:02 PM
I am studying engineering. My best friend is Sheikh Google

Sheikh is the equivalent of a saint, in a mosque. It's the wise person we all ask for advice.

Dex Scene
03-11-2015, 03:52 PM
I specialize in data and communications lol. I have no clue what a PPI is
Pixels per inch..
Higher the ppi, dpi, the text, details, image are clearer..

Jhawkeye
03-11-2015, 04:02 PM
Ohhhh. Makes sense. But as far as I've the seen the text is fine. I just scale the image to be proportionate

Iliketolol
03-11-2015, 04:48 PM
Lol thats nothing, i play on TV with a xbox controller using xpadder app.. And my controller has keyboard tooo xD also you forgot to tell us how to remove the border in chrome... I only play king size!

Jhawkeye
03-11-2015, 04:51 PM
Lol thats nothing, i play on TV with a xbox controller using xpadder app.. And my controller has keyboard tooo xD also you forgot to tell us how to remove the border in chrome... I only play king size!

O.o

Annd on that note I'm like the kid that sees the lion at the zoo.
WOWWWW that's a cool lion I'm gonna tell everybody at school
But I have no idea how the lion pees.
Make sense?

Iliketolol
03-11-2015, 05:10 PM
O.o

Annd on that note I'm like the kid that sees the lion at the zoo.
WOWWWW that's a cool lion I'm gonna tell everybody at school
But I have no idea how the lion pees.
Make sense?

It does, i should probably make an in- depth video about it.... Rlly takes the fun to other lvl ( specially in pvp)..

Jhawkeye
03-11-2015, 10:32 PM
It does, i should probably make an in- depth video about it.... Rlly takes the fun to other lvl ( specially in pvp)..

That would be awesome

Schnitzel
03-11-2015, 11:05 PM

I dunno why, but i suddenly want to play AL with an xBox controller..

Allows.
03-12-2015, 02:55 AM
think i'm gonna try this out.

Rx8
03-12-2015, 03:14 AM
think i'm gonna try this out.

I dont even need to worry, rofl. I made my own APP to mirror stuff on my T.V. I worked for like a whole month on it. Now im enjoying to lvl up my rogue and chat wit ma friends :3

Btw, you can make ur own apps on android....just go to the android developer site and yeah. You should see a chart that shows about how u want and bla bla bla xD

Newcomx
03-12-2015, 03:37 AM
A friend showed me this the other day and I thought it was so cool I'd share it with all of you guys in case someone doesn't know about it.

Items Required: Laptop, T.V., HDMI Cord

Steps to gaming:
1. Power Laptop on

2. Power T.V on (These may seem like dumb steps but ya never know. I'd rather be thorough than leave something out and someone forgets.)

3. Plug HDMI Cord into the HDMI slot on your computer and into you T.V.

4. On your T.V go to the input setting the HDMI Cord is connected to

5. On your Laptop you have 2 options
1. Set the output to show on Computer and the T.V
2. Set the output to only show on the T.V

My favorite way to play is to show on the T.V only.
This looks amazing on a 72 in. TV and is a great experience for playing

If you really want to up the antics go ahead and drop the 1.6m to get that 300 in. Titan TV and tell me how it goes

Also if anybody knows how I can get my phone screen on my TV please drop a link below or just pm me how. I've been looking and haven't found a working way yet.

I used to do this also, but not to comfortable because I type alot when chatting.