PDA

View Full Version : Remiem's Weekly Community Update | March 11th, 2015

Remiem
03-11-2015, 01:55 PM
Feeling Lucky?

Greetings Legends, and welcome to your weekly community update!

In This Week's News

+ The Leprechoblin event will return this weekend with a new addition: Leaderboards! Now, players who kill the most leprechoblins over the course of the event will have a chance to win a special Lucky Leprechoblin Banner and some platinum. Keep an eye out for tomorrow's announcement with more details on that. Leprechoblins will also have a chance to drop vanities when they are defeated. These vanities aren't tradeable, but based on your feedback from the Love Crafting event, we have added a liquidation value of 1500g for each piece. Want a sneak peak?

But you'll have to check back tomorrow for all of the details.

+ We were so glad you enjoyed the frog egg crate sale! We're keeping the party going this weekend with a new Toucan crate, which includes a chance at a brand new, never before seen Legendary Toucan! Full details on this newcomer in tomorrow's announcement.

+ Carapace has been hard at work squashing some bugs that you guys mentioned a couple of weeks ago, which will appear in tomorrow's regularly scheduled update:
- Bloodhammer's strongest attacks have been dialed back in difficulty to be more balanced and his red zone has been tweaked for accuracy.
- After some complaints about Sorrax's difficulty and ridiculous shield ability in the Planar Tombs he has been adjusted to better match the difficulty of the other tombs bosses.
- Ancient Planar Pendant Warrior Crystal proc now heals for 10% in PvP, down from 25% in PvE, and each tick of the regen now heals for 2% health per tick in PvP, down from 5% in PvE. (The PvE version of the proc is unaffected.)

Coming Soon

Full steam ahead!!
The development team is full steam ahead working on the new expansion! Productor's March Producer's Letter will go out next week featuring your very first peek into what to expect in the next expansion.

PvE Class Balance
As promised, we would like to keep you as up-to-date as possible regarding our ongoing efforts toward class balance in Arlor. This week, I sat down with Fibus to talk in a little more detail about our efforts toward PvE balance as we move into the next expansion. For the sake of this discussion we are only discussing PvE balance in new content.

From the desk of Fibus

Like many of you, we (the AL team) feel that the class balance that currently exists in AL could be improved. In the upcoming Rage of the Ren’gol expansion, we are taking our first stab at improving PVE class balance.

For this expansion, we spent a great deal of time reassessing how we design and create content. You’ll find that the content in this expansion will present you with new challenges you haven’t seen before in AL. Our goal with these challenges is to encourage all classes to work together, using their unique abilities, to overcome these challenges. And we will continue to refine the content until it accomplishes this goal.

To go into further detail, this is how we feel each class will fit into this vision.

Rogues are the ultimate single-target damage dealers, defined by abilities such as Aimed Shot and Shadow Piercer. They are at their best when they need to take down a specific mob as quickly as possible. Their other abilities support this role by either inhibiting the enemy so the Rogue can do her job better, or allowing the Rogue to stay alive to do her job longer. The rogue has never really had an issue finding a place in solo or group AL content, but that doesn’t mean that we aren’t considering them with designing expansion content. Let’s say there is a mob that buffs his damage and defense increasingly over time. The longer you leave him alive, the tougher he gets. You’ll want to take him out first, and quickly, so he doesn’t have time to gain all those buffs. The Rogue is the perfect class to do that.

Next, we have the Sorcerer, who is the master of area effect damage. No other class can deal as much damage to multiple mobs in a short period of time as the Sorcerer. Every one of the Sorcerer’s offensive abilities has an area-effect component either in its base, or is added as part of an upgrade. Sorcerer’s also have extremely powerful utility abilities. The crowd control power of Time Stop and Gale Force should never be overlooked. How does this play into the content in the expansion? Well, let’s say your group is about to encounter a large group of mobs. None of the mobs are really represent such a threat individually that one of them really needs to die before the others. They are just a really mean and nasty group that need to go down before the rest of your group gets eaten alive. In comes the Sorcerer. He can place down a Time Stop on the group, Curse the quickest attacking mob which is, hopefully, attacking the warrior, then start unleashing a barrage of Fireballs and Lightning Strikes.

Last, but not least, are Warriors. We feel that the role of a Warrior should be similar to that of a tank archetype players of MMORPGs are familiar with. He is responsible for grabbing the attention of the mobs and taking the damage for his team, allowing his groupmates to stay alive and do their roles. He can do this by corralling mobs using taunts and debuffing the mobs, while also doing some damage himself. This is enforced with abilities such as Horn of Renew, Juggernaut, and the multiple upgrades on his abilities which grant a taunt effect. Much of the content in the upcoming Rage of the Ren’gol expansion will support this design philosophy. You may see mobs with heavy-hitting abilities such that you’ll want the warrior to not only absorb damage, but also wrangle specific mobs allowing party members to successfully fulfill their roles. You may also see mobs using abilities where it will beneficial, perhaps even necessarily, to move the mobs out of, which is most easily accomplished with a Warrior taunting the mobs.

Hopefully this provides you with a good idea of where we are heading.

Bugs and Suggestions
We will continue to collect your bug reports and suggestions each week and get as many as we can into the schedule. Don't forget to post in the comments below to help guide us to what you want to see the most. Always keep in mind that some things are much bigger in scope than others. For example, class balance won't be done overnight, but we will always keep it in mind.

In Other News

Skill System
With all this content coming soon we’ve set aside work on the skills system. We’ve heard and appreciate your feedback on this topic and we’re not going to rush changes that will have wide-reaching impact on the game. We may revisit skills in some way down the road, but right now we’re focused on delivering an exciting new expansion to you as soon as possible.

Smart Chat Toggle
This feature is still in its planning stages but is still on our minds. I will update you when there is more to say about it. :) Thanks for all of the patience!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's Next?

What do you want to see next, folks? Let us know in the comments what you would like to see us put our attention on next and share your most brilliant ideas. I'll see you in next week's update!

Enterradora
03-11-2015, 04:00 PM
first ;)

MysticRob
03-11-2015, 04:04 PM
Leprechoblin event!!! Awesome

Candylicks
03-11-2015, 04:05 PM
The CS is not working right for us. When you go to purchase multiple items of the same (gems, crates...) we immediately get the 'item unavailable' message over and over. It takes a good 20 minutes to purchase a large quantity of items.

That lep banner is huge, lol.....

Thanks StS nice update once again.

Clickbangboom
03-11-2015, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the update! Event looks like it will be fun.

I think a nice add on to game features would be the ability to arrange pets to your own liking in the stable! :)

Andrisber
Nice!

legendarytelly
Progress! Thanks

Kakashis
03-11-2015, 04:09 PM
shoot, really thought a warrior would be able to 1v1 a rogue this time around :(

ueveotadeo
03-11-2015, 04:17 PM
id appreciate some feedback on how u plan to scale ur servers. I constantly have red ping

Mr K
03-11-2015, 04:19 PM
Class balance in pve x.x and many players thought pvp will be balanced too. I have a bad feeling for the mage class...

Kriticality
03-11-2015, 04:20 PM
Can't wait for new expansion preview!!! Ahhhhh

ueveotadeo
03-11-2015, 04:21 PM
And also, from what u posted describing class roles and what u intend to change on next expansion i see nothing new. Mobs that need to be moved away or separated we already got. Call me pessimist but all those generic answers just show lack of commitment, be them with lag, pve changes or pvp issues. Kinda makes u wonder wethet or not to keep playing...

Raregem
03-11-2015, 04:25 PM
Looking forward to testing out the changes in T2! Yes, the new cache on the CS items is ... less than optimal.

I am glad to see that the vanities will have some liquidation value. I am curious as to why the move to non-tradeable vanities? Last year we could trade them, though they do look identical to last years so it's not a big deal. Are all event vanities moving towards non-tradeable?

Will the Golden Cupid Wings have a liquidation value added to them?

octavos
03-11-2015, 04:25 PM
Question: new vanities or old ones returning? Just askin..a simple yes or no would work for me :)

Imjebus
03-11-2015, 04:30 PM
So there's a chance you guys will look at sorc heal and make it reasonable?

Dragoonclaws
03-11-2015, 04:47 PM
Awesome I already liquidated everything for 0 :c

So the top 25 people for killing most leprechoblin get the banner? Can we make it top 200 or 500?

extrapayah
03-11-2015, 05:01 PM
like i said before, please also reconsider stacking between classes, skills

e.g. is it useful to have 2 mages in party? right now knocked units can't be immediately knocked down, so, it's almost unnecessary to have 2 mages, because damages from rogues always stacked better. also aimed shot always debuff armor, making all other armor debuffs skill pretty much useless

other from me is, please adds more party buffs and enemy debuffs that's unique to each class. it will easily make classes more usefull in pve, and also consider each class' usefulness when fighting both mobs and bosses, or else, maps like arena (where we're only fighting bosses) will make mobs specialized class useless...

thank you very much, and good job on fixing issues and giving events

P.S.: make pet stable shareable plsssss :DDDDD

Jazzi
03-11-2015, 05:07 PM
And also, from what u posted describing class roles and what u intend to change on next expansion i see nothing new. Mobs that need to be moved away or separated we already got. Call me pessimist but all those generic answers just show lack of commitment, be them with lag, pve changes or pvp issues. Kinda makes u wonder wethet or not to keep playing...

I would like to add to this. The idea of designing the mobs so that there is use/demand for all classes is great, but from what Remi wrote I see the following problems:

1. Rogues could target this self-buffing mob, but if u make the groups large in numbers this becomes very hard, as we all know ( maybe u don't) aiming does not really work: you toon might or might not decide to shoot at a target at the other side of the screen even if on is standing on top of a mob!

2. Warrior taunts don't really work and when they do they work for a short time. More mobs, who hit hard sounds like more one-hits to me, as currently a warrior struggles to keep aggro in a medium group, let alone in the aforementioned large group with hard hitting mobs.

3. As for the mage: the game makers don't even know how the skills of days mage are called ?!?

Ravager
03-11-2015, 05:14 PM

I agree with you. This is how we ALREADY play the classes and is just an reiteration. Unfortunately, nothing we don't already know.

Concerning the event lb, is it going to be divided by 3 classes? Sometimes the event starts and devs forget the advantages/disadvantages of the 3 classes.

Ssneakykills
03-11-2015, 05:17 PM
Cant wait for the preview

WHITETRVPLORD
03-11-2015, 05:22 PM
Is this an Energy or Non-Energy based event?

Gorecaster
03-11-2015, 05:25 PM
I'm glad some of you are pleased with this "update". Perhaps you have an affinity for mediocrity. What I see is a whole lot of nothing. Fibus describing how he envisions the classes working together in this expansion is laughable. What warriors aren't currently taunting? Rogues are dealing dmg. Yeah. That's what they do. Mages will control the mobs. Lol. That is the mages job, yes, we get this. We have been doing this. In the same armor for a year and a half. One event after another offering one vanity/banner after another while simply readjusting these tired loot tables could impact the game intensely. Never ending lag issues, continued imbalance in PvP. I see plainly stated above that skill refinements will continue to be overlooked. So we continue to play with useless, outdated and in some cases flat out broken skills and passive abilities? Recolor pet from the kraken campaign? Really? Brought gyrm and breezaga back proving that there's zero exclusivity here. Friend came back to play and described the planar content as nothing more than an ankh sink. The longer we all continue to be like yay! Love it! Great update!... the more of these kind of updates will you see. Enjoy.

Haligali
03-11-2015, 05:26 PM
Fix the FROST BOW PROC please, my teammate's bow proc pulls me right before opponent warriors, most annoying thing ever.

Excuses
03-11-2015, 05:34 PM

Totally agree with this.
No change at all but seems like dev now understand what our roles are for pve.

But having more 'mobs that buffs his damage and defense increasingly over time' is a bad idea because this will push people to play without tank more only to kill them faster.

Sorry to say but these upgrades are not we are looking for.

Dragoonclaws
03-11-2015, 05:39 PM

Here, Remiem and Fibus explain the role of each class

To go into further detail, this is how we feel each class will fit into this vision.

Rogues are the ultimate single-target damage dealers, defined by abilities such as Aimed Shot and Shadow Piercer. They are at their best when they need to take down a specific mob as quickly as possible. Their other abilities support this role by either inhibiting the enemy so the Rogue can do her job better, or allowing the Rogue to stay alive to do her job longer. The rogue has never really had an issue finding a place in solo or group AL content, but that doesn’t mean that we aren’t considering them with designing expansion content. Let’s say there is a mob that buffs his damage and defense increasingly over time. The longer you leave him alive, the tougher he gets. You’ll want to take him out first, and quickly, so he doesn’t have time to gain all those buffs. The Rogue is the perfect class to do that.

Next, we have the Sorcerer, who is the master of area effect damage. No other class can deal as much damage to multiple mobs in a short period of time as the Sorcerer. Every one of the Sorcerer’s offensive abilities has an area-effect component either in its base, or is added as part of an upgrade. Sorcerer’s also have extremely powerful utility abilities. The crowd control power of Time Stop and Gale Force should never be overlooked. How does this play into the content in the expansion? Well, let’s say your group is about to encounter a large group of mobs. None of the mobs are really represent such a threat individually that one of them really needs to die before the others. They are just a really mean and nasty group that need to go down before the rest of your group gets eaten alive. In comes the Sorcerer. He can place down a Time Stop on the group, Curse the quickest attacking mob which is, hopefully, attacking the warrior, then start unleashing a barrage of Fireballs and Lightning Strikes.

Last, but not least, are Warriors. We feel that the role of a Warrior should be similar to that of a tank archetype players of MMORPGs are familiar with. He is responsible for grabbing the attention of the mobs and taking the damage for his team, allowing his groupmates to stay alive and do their roles. He can do this by corralling mobs using taunts and debuffing the mobs, while also doing some damage himself. This is enforced with abilities such as Horn of Renew, Juggernaut, and the multiple upgrades on his abilities which grant a taunt effect. Much of the content in the upcoming Rage of the Ren’gol expansion will support this design philosophy. You may see mobs with heavy-hitting abilities such that you’ll want the warrior to not only absorb damage, but also wrangle specific mobs allowing party members to successfully fulfill their roles. You may also see mobs using abilities where it will beneficial, perhaps even necessarily, to move the mobs out of, which is most easily accomplished with a Warrior taunting the mobs.

Here, Remiem said there will be class balances

PvE Class Balance
As promised, we would like to keep you as up-to-date as possible regarding our ongoing efforts toward class balance in Arlor. This week, I sat down with Fibus to talk in a little more detail about our efforts toward PvE balance as we move into the next expansion. For the sake of this discussion we are only discussing PvE balance in new content.

ueveotadeo
03-11-2015, 06:19 PM
Here, Remiem and Fibus explain the role of each class

Here, Remiem said there will be class balances

If u notice how they describe u sre remien using future time. They will fit.

As far as i know that is how game is currently and just show how litle respect they have for their customers on managing expectations and the lack of commitment since the promised but never to be skill revamp

Ravager
03-11-2015, 06:21 PM
If u notice how they describe u sre remien using future time. They will fit.

As far as i know that is how game is currently and just show how litle respect they have for their customers on managing expectations and the lack of commitment since the promised but never to be skill revamp

With expansion coming and no skill revamp, i really don't know where to put 5 more skill points :/

Kakashis
03-11-2015, 06:23 PM
After reding other people's comments, PVE sounds like it's going to be pretty much the same. OP rogues can probably still power through the maps faster than mixing with other classes. Warriors can already taunt and heal! The damage they deal just can't keep up with the other two classes not to mention even under Full Jug, it still breaks.

I hope something can be done with PVP as well because most of the time a rogue can 1-2 shot a warrior but definately not vise versa. I would really like to see the warrior come alive again, but unless the skills get a significant overhaul, it's going to be much the same as it is now!

I do like liquidating the vanities though!

ueveotadeo
03-11-2015, 06:26 PM
With expansion coming and no skill revamp, i really don't know where to put 5 more skill points :/

yeah....same

Jazzi
03-11-2015, 06:45 PM
yeah....same

5% speed passive. Muahahahaha xD

legendarytelly
03-11-2015, 06:47 PM
The people have spoken.... forget the new game and fix your Mill ticket

Ravager
03-11-2015, 06:52 PM
5% speed passive. Muahahahaha xD

I might actually do that :(

Artoholics
03-11-2015, 06:53 PM
I can't wait for the new pet :3 I always love to have new ones hehe xD I hope there will be other leprechaun vanities then last year :O
To expansion I'll just say nothing until I know more then the name lol.
And I hope warrior will get real tanks now after the balance...(to all tanks that want dmg to get balanced...NOT YOUR JOB XD). If tanks will get real tanks I might play on tank.

Bellaelda
03-11-2015, 07:41 PM
Umm...

I appreciate an event as much as the next person, but these skills and class balance not getting taken care of is getting really ridiculous.

Thanks for describing out classes to us, but we all know this already... The problems are with the fact that we can't do this properly with the skills working the way that they do!

What we need are getting skills changed to be more useful to our groups and to the levels (pve or pvp) that we are playing. Not just changing the levels. This really isn't going to help anything.

Sorry but very disappointing

Serancha
03-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Could we have some information on the devs about this? It's been a request for well over a year now, and since you have apparently implemented it in other games, you clearly have the ability to do so.

Source: End of last season (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?171458-Heads-Up!-The-Current-Leaderboard-Season-Comes-to-A-Close-Soon!)

Also, is there ever going to be any sort of human rule enforcement in this game? Fair players deserve a fair chance, and by those running the game consistently ignoring things like dummy farming and other exploits, and not providing any in-game monitoring at all, the ToS is a total joke. You change people's or guild's names when someone gets offended, but that isn't even something that has to do with gameplay.

Bellaelda
03-11-2015, 08:12 PM
Also...

Since your fixing amulet protects any chance u could fix the mage one... We really don't need or want mana... Nobody even bothers picking up those... Anything else would be great... Damage, critical, health, armor... I'm not picky.... Just not mana

Ovve
03-11-2015, 08:23 PM
wohoo another event and cant wait detail for new expansion..

Thank you.. will be nice update :)

Ravager
03-11-2015, 08:29 PM
Also...

Since your fixing amulet protects any chance u could fix the mage one... We really don't need or want mana... Nobody even bothers picking up those... Anything else would be great... Damage, critical, health, armor... I'm not picky.... Just not mana

Unfortunately, it can only be buffed and not replaced. Totally replacing it is bad practice after people have paid for it. So it would be mana + something else. Armor would be cool I say. Mana alone is garbage. I agree.

carmine_blade
03-11-2015, 08:55 PM
Well, from the perspective of a perhaps less jaded player, I'm looking forward to the Lepre-whatever event, but will there be things to farm in it? The candies and lovecraft chests of the last event were particularly good for newbs/poor players to make some gold and get better gear (which helps the wheels of the economy go around) so if something similar could be incorporated that would be ace! After all poor people tend to spend their money immediately whilst the rich sit on it, so the more gold that's actually circulating and not being hoarded, the better for everyone. I'm also excited for any more info on the expansion, particularly a new mythic pet.

Re: class balance, clearly most posters in this thread consider what Fibus has said to be inadequate. Are you able to clarify whether the expansion will bring new and different skills for us to spend our 5 skill points on? I'm also concerned that the expansion won't be solo-able, because sometimes I just wanna be alone :3

Burstnuke
03-11-2015, 09:05 PM
Putting aside skill system, not good...

Schnitzel
03-11-2015, 11:09 PM
But you'll have to check back tomorrow for all of the details.

Time to build a time machine!!!!!

Linayel ^.^
03-12-2015, 12:44 AM
Leprechaun Goblins There so cute <3 (Pst:The lepre banner seems legit and they should be a leprechaun pet ;) [just saying])

Maarkus
03-12-2015, 12:52 AM
Dear Fibus and Remiem,

I hope all is well.

Regarding your 'PVE class balance' & ' from the desk of Fibus section'

Though it is at times necessary to take a step back and look into oneself to pave the way for a better future.... Which I think is what you guys just did I terms of reviewing the class roles, stating the obvious again sets the premise of your goal which is 'combined-class specific map content' is indeed a good start. Even if I feel you should have not needed to think of this because this is the premise of the classes since day one.

The only fear that I have is that you are assuming the the roles of the classes especially the Warriors in PVE are at peak efficiency... In reality it is not. Thus please do not blind yourselves in thinking that the warrior class is performing its role efficiently because this is going to be disastrous in designing any map design.

The topic of taunts has been brought up, please .... Please... Re-evaluate this and review it again and again as the warrior taunts have not been efficient since the lvl26 cap, your are shooting yourself in the foot by thinking the taunts are working fine. Thus any map design wherein you are assuming the taunt skill of the warrior is working fine will be disastrous. When you look at your system(code wise) you may say but it's working fine but when you see it in gameplay it is not ... Why ? ... The dmg & crit dmg output of the other classes overrides the mob threat counter so fast that the warrior taunt skills cannot hold aggro for more the a second when the other class crit. This is why I personally feel Juggernaught which has been the premier taunt skill for warriors has been 'ineffective'. Thus frequency of the taunt to reset the mob threat counter is more efficient Than a preset number of taunts overtime. As proven by Serancha's post when in the Chestsplitter and Juggernaugt debate.

One cannot ignore that the core issue with the warrior class in PVE is the Warrior Skill System Inefficiency and not the map design, obviously this will not stop you from pursuing the 'combined-class specific maps' but for the sake of due diligence please look into the skill system as no map will be ran efficiently of the skills are not delivering on what it's promised to do.

Thanks for reading

Maarkus

Svvords
03-12-2015, 01:10 AM
- Ancient Planar Pendant Warrior Crystal proc now heals for 10% in PvP, down from 25% in PvE, and each tick of the regen now heals for 2% health per tick in PvP, down from 5% in PvE. (The PvE version of the proc is unaffected.)

what was the premise for this nerf?

Jirikjurasek
03-12-2015, 01:28 AM
...will present you with new challenges you haven’t seen before in AL...

Rogues are the ultimate single-target damage dealers, defined by abilities such as Aimed Shot (we already know this, few years). They are at their best when they need to take down a specific mob as quickly as possible(Mages in tombs/Shuyal, Shamans, Orcs and Cobra-snakes in Tindrin). Their other abilities support this role by either inhibiting the enemy so the Rogue can do her job better, or allowing the Rogue to stay alive to do her job longer (Shadow Veil is in our skill builds too for few years). The rogue has never really had an issue finding a place in solo or group AL content, but that doesn’t mean that we aren’t considering them with designing expansion content (so only-rogues party will be still the best). Let’s say there is a mob that buffs his damage and defense increasingly over time (Shamans in Tindrin? We can imagine this "new" mobs very easily). The longer you leave him alive, the tougher he gets. You’ll want to take him out first, and quickly, so he doesn’t have time to gain all those buffs. The Rogue is the perfect class to do that (and always was!).

Next, we have the Sorcerer, who is the master of area effect damage. No other class can deal as much damage to multiple mobs in a short period of time as the Sorcerer. Every one of the Sorcerer’s offensive abilities has an area-effect component either in its base, or is added as part of an upgrade. Sorcerer’s also have extremely powerful utility abilities (Thank you for summarize current state, but isnt it out of topic now?). The crowd control power of Time Stop and Gale Force should never be overlooked (but it is overlooked!). How does this play into the content in the expansion? Well, let’s say your group is about to encounter a large group of mobs. None of the mobs are really represent such a threat individually that one of them really needs to die before the others. They are just a really mean and nasty group that need to go down before the rest of your group gets eaten alive. In comes the Sorcerer. He can place down a Time Stop on the group, Curse the quickest attacking mob which is, hopefully, attacking the warrior, then start unleashing a barrage of Fireballs and Lightning Strikes. (Tindrin/Tombs pulls! its nice to imagine, but better scenario is that this mobs, which isnt any big threat at all, can be easily one shooted by party of rogues. Hight dodge, only few mobs attack on each rogue becouse of split dmg)

Last, but not least, are Warriors. We feel that the role of a Warrior should be similar to that of a tank archetype players of MMORPGs are familiar with. He is responsible for grabbing the attention of the mobs and taking the damage for his team, allowing his groupmates to stay alive and do their roles (yes, this was written thousand times). He can do this by corralling mobs using taunts and debuffing the mobs (will warrior have more debuffs than half-functional feeble?), while also doing some damage himself . This is enforced with abilities such as Horn of Renew, Juggernaut, and the multiple upgrades on his abilities which grant a taunt effect (NO one know how exactly and how long taunts works (charged and uncharged - difference?). Do you ever think about possibility, that if you get some information to us, something could changed and you will have less work?). Much of the content in the upcoming Rage of the Ren’gol expansion will support this design philosophy. You may see mobs with heavy-hitting abilities (Shamans in Tindrin Corridor/Caves/Summit? Giants in Tombs? Komodos with some kind of taunt immunity?) such that you’ll want the warrior to not only absorb damage, but also wrangle specific mobs allowing party members to successfully fulfill their roles. You may also see mobs using abilities where it will beneficial, perhaps even necessarily, to move the mobs out of, which is most easily accomplished with a Warrior taunting the mobs.

Hopefully this provides you with a good idea of where we are heading (???).

Hello,
this only inform us, that everithing, what will come, will be exactly the same, what we already have! Every info, what you write on class specific, is here for few years and we donīt see any SINGLE NEW information.

In other side, I agree with idea of this class roles, but again...THIS IDEA IS HERE FOR FEW YEARS ALREADY.

Linayel ^.^
03-12-2015, 01:36 AM
Oh yes one question that bugs me so the lvl cap is now 46 and the mythic sets isnt worth it anymore so doing the mythic aps wil be just a waste of gold because of the lvl cap(unless ur doing pvp) how about a new mythic set? so it will be useful and the aps is still worth getting that 200 points. and the title THE HERO OF LEGEND

Also i love to see a new pet in the expansion ;) re skin or not don't care

Upperbound
03-12-2015, 02:03 AM
Wow recolored pet. Wow no changes for skills in new expansion. Wow.

The endgame really doesn't worth it. Continue twinking. Wow STS.

Nostek
03-12-2015, 02:37 AM
#twinkliiifeee :victorious:

Aquatika
03-12-2015, 03:13 AM
It would be fun to see how many people are online make a counter or something ;)

Jirikjurasek
03-12-2015, 03:41 AM
These vanities aren't tradeable, but based on your feedback from the Love Crafting event, we have added a liquidation value of 1500g for each piece.

What feedback?!

In any case, there is absolutely no reason why vanities which are looted from chests should not be tradable, especially if you are going to make it so that a sorcerer can loot warrior and rogue vanities from those chests. I cannot think another example in my 2+ years of playing Arcane Legends (since the beginning) where a class specific item that was looted from a boss was not tradable.

Anyway, I hope STS will reconsider this in a future update. It would be nice to get my sorcerer golden wings, and I'm sure there are warriors and rogues out there who would love to purchase my warrior and rogue wing vanities. I farmed like crazy this weekend to loot these items and 75% of the ones I looted are absolutely useless to me.

I almost rage quit, when i still have no cupid for the 3rd day :banana:

I have 3x wings for warr, 3x for mage and 0 for rogue... I hope sts does something about it

...STS, stop trying to make 'fun' stuff anymore. Do your job and add growth into the game. That event was just disgusting T-T...

If they were going to make these items non-tradable, then they should make it so that each player only loots stuff for their own class. I'd rather have a junk item that I can liquidate for 10 gold than have a warrior or rogue vanity item that is useless to me.

Hope sts hear our request to make cupid npc to exchange our non-class specific wings.
I got a lot of war and rogue cupid wings but didnt get sorc cupid wings
Sucks

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

The different character is a myt/luck. I tried different Toon already with the exact same results. I tried very hard yesterday to get the wings on a twink account. Got golden wings except for that class OMG. +1 for trade in

lol raging event causing unhappiness to everyone .. i log off after whole night opening the lovecrates wasting 300k plus farming the boss.. all BS items which doesn't belong to your class especially golden wings everyone wants it

these vanities are better be tradable. I have many same vanities, better give to somebody than liquidate for 0.

If it's non tradable, why made a mage gets warrior vanity? what to do now? Make a warrior twink? Liquidate for 0? Stop giving random equip that is non tradable. What for is that?

and we can continue...

Squeezable
03-12-2015, 03:58 AM
Do wish that people would stop moaning about the Non-tradeable vanities. In the long run, it's so much better! Pocket Legends was the best for it, it created a division to the people who are there for old events and for who wasn't. If you're a player thats been playing way before most people have started, you want to stand out and show how cool you look, so other people who joined recently don't have the chance to get it via the auction. Vanities mean a lot to characters and helps differentiate the pros from the... Not to pros

Jirikjurasek
03-12-2015, 04:03 AM
Do wish that people would stop moaning about the Non-tradeable vanities. In the long run, it's so much better! Pocket Legends was the best for it, it created a division to the people who are there for old events and for who wasn't. If you're a player thats been playing way before most people have started, you want to stand out and show how cool you look, so other people who joined recently don't have the chance to get it via the auction. Vanities mean a lot to characters and helps differentiate the pros from the... Not to pros

I donīt complain about non-tradeable vanities. I complained about "based on your feedback from the Love Crafting event" phrase, because feedback was totaly different.
Only one thing what I want is to get some facts about what comming. Without any bad aiming populist phrases.

Honestly, how many NEW information did you have from this weekly update? Lepre event with banner and vanity from last year. Thats all what we know from really long post

Ravager
03-12-2015, 04:48 AM
I donīt complain about non-tradeable vanities. I complained about "based on your feedback from the Love Crafting event" phrase, because feedback was totaly different.
Only one thing what I want is to get some facts about what comming. Without any bad aiming populist phrases.

Honestly, how many NEW information did you have from this weekly update? Lepre event with banner and vanity from last year. Thats all what we know from really long post

Haha. Just go buy LAST year's vanity THIS year. Now you got it early and its tradeable :p

Dex Scene
03-12-2015, 04:54 AM
Nice. Thanks remi :)
since we had frog crates, can we get owl crates too for the beastmaster ap?

Also it would be better in pve if warriors's jugg had a little lowered cool down time.

Rx8
03-12-2015, 07:21 AM
The sadest update ever....

Weakidseek2015
03-12-2015, 07:30 AM
The sadest update ever....

Hope i can play now..
Im excited about the upcoming events. My 1st event played is the Lovecrafting. Its amazing. I hope this too can be good as Lovecraft

Sent from my SHV-E110S using Tapatalk 2

supersyan
03-12-2015, 08:41 AM
AL 2015 - $Absurd Luck$

dancoop1969
03-12-2015, 09:34 AM
Give lep goblin a small chance to drop new pet toucan. Then it might be worth hunting lep goblin :)

hiazireci
03-12-2015, 10:52 AM
wow nice :D

goldmarket
03-12-2015, 11:20 AM
ty for all these events and great updates/ new pet crates are awsome as well maybe later can go for mythic pet crates.

Higuani
03-12-2015, 12:31 PM
Make the new expansion without potions heal/mana!! So every team need A MAGE AND A TANK. Problem solved.

debitmandiri
03-12-2015, 12:39 PM
Make the new expansion without potions heal/mana!! So every team need A MAGE AND A TANK. Problem solved.

Lol, then no one runs hard elite, it will take 5 hours per run hahaha

Higuani
03-12-2015, 12:44 PM
Lol, then no one runs hard elite, it will take 5 hours per run hahaha

Well increase droprate at boss for a reward. its the best solution. or else rogues will dominate ALWAYS.
I rather play in a mixed team. Thats how arcane legends needs to be played no?

debitmandiri
03-12-2015, 12:51 PM
Well increase droprate at boss for a reward. its the best solution. or else rogues will dominate ALWAYS.
I rather play in a mixed team. Thats how arcane legends needs to be played no?

5 hours per run farming for a chest with 98% chance of epic ? Are u joking ?

Higuani
03-12-2015, 12:57 PM
Who said it would be 5hours per run? They can Always bump up the droprate of the reward and make it a less harder. Thats all about tweaking

A no potion elite would affect timed leaderboards aswell, there will be mages and tanks in it and not only rogues everywhere.
The skills are not broken. We (players) dont play the game how it supposed to be played. Arcane legends is 3 classes who work together. And not only rogues who spam endless potions..

muddflamess
03-12-2015, 01:01 PM
Here another event top 25 or whatever it may be . This tournaments are meant for people that dont work stay in the sofa all day. What happens with people thay work cant get any banners cause this events take time. U need to find a way so that people that workkk can win stuff cause it aint fair..

Serancha
03-12-2015, 01:05 PM
I'm glad some of you are pleased with this "update". Perhaps you have an affinity for mediocrity. What I see is a whole lot of nothing. Fibus describing how he envisions the classes working together in this expansion is laughable. What warriors aren't currently taunting? Rogues are dealing dmg. Yeah. That's what they do. Mages will control the mobs. Lol. That is the mages job, yes, we get this. We have been doing this. In the same armor for a year and a half. One event after another offering one vanity/banner after another while simply readjusting these tired loot tables could impact the game intensely. Never ending lag issues, continued imbalance in PvP. I see plainly stated above that skill refinements will continue to be overlooked. So we continue to play with useless, outdated and in some cases flat out broken skills and passive abilities? Recolor pet from the kraken campaign? Really? Brought gyrm and breezaga back proving that there's zero exclusivity here. Friend came back to play and described the planar content as nothing more than an ankh sink. The longer we all continue to be like yay! Love it! Great update!... the more of these kind of updates will you see. Enjoy.

Totally agree. Apparently STS is training their reps to be politicians. Make long speeches that say absolutely nothing.

What happened to the skill overhaul? Too much work? Describing the class roles to us like we aren't already aware of what they are supposed to be for, tells us they are not going to be changing anything at all.

The fact that the chat system "toggle" is still in the planning stages is absurd after almost 4 months. Just remove the entire autochat if you are only starting to plan how to fix it. Give us the toggled version when it's ready, if you must. We were told it's tied to the client, but we've had 3 new clients released since them and it could have been removed from any of those and put back to the way it was originally.

debitmandiri
03-12-2015, 01:14 PM
Who said it would be 5hours per run? They can Always bump up the droprate of the reward and make it a less harder. Thats all about tweaking

A no potion elite would affect timed leaderboards aswell, there will be mages and tanks in it and not only rogues everywhere.
The skills are not broken. We (players) dont play the game how it supposed to be played. Arcane legends is 3 classes who work together. And not only rogues who spam endless potions..

Wanna try planar tombs without potion ?

Sodaisgood
03-12-2015, 01:18 PM
So promises mean nothing to you guys.. ok i see money well spent

justhell
03-12-2015, 01:56 PM
Mage should be crowds control class you said? Then why some of mobs have stun/freeze/root immunity from our skill? While almost all pet which is have ability to do stun/freeze/root can do that. All mage skill should have effect to all kind of mob (stun/freeze/root),then we can call that mage class is crowds control class and demand about mage in elite market will increase.

And about boss,at least make our skill have chance (20% - 50% maybe) to freeze and stun boss. Who need mage at boss if all we can is just do damage and running around,without debuff enemy or buff party skill (war and rog have both) mage really need this to covering our lack debuff or buff skill. Curent situation is ppl often just wanna do run hard elite with 2 mage if they using best gear,or else 1 mage is enough.

And yes,mage need some armor and hp buff.

I have small experience playing war,make chest spliter (interupt upgrade) work on boss,maybe will help increase demand for war in elite market.

About skill I have 3 suggestion.

1. Why not add semi-active skill which is can be active in a condition (like procs on gear),depending on class.

2. Add new upgrades on our curent skill.

3. Add 5th slot skill which is just can unlocked at lv 46 including 3 special skill for each class,at this stage we just can choose 1 skill (support,attack or defense special skill) after we choose 1 the other skill will locked back.

What i want to see in next elite map expansion is all about skill and team work not just about gears. :D

Thx for reading and sorry for my english.

justhell
03-12-2015, 02:12 PM
Very nicely said and excellent point in the 1st paragraph. I feel the same way about this

Curent situation is 3 rog with trap skill and crowds control pet type (slag,breeze,samael,singe and the other pet) can handle mage job prety well ... How poor mage at this rate [emoji24]

Gorecaster
03-12-2015, 04:34 PM
Keep the feedback coming guys!

Tatman
03-12-2015, 06:22 PM
- After some complaints about Sorrax's difficulty and ridiculous shield ability in the Planar Tombs he has been adjusted to better match the difficulty of the other tombs bosses

I just did a solo run there. I've done a lot of solo T2 runs and know my times. This run took roughly the same time. Might have been a bit faster, if not for the 4-5 leprechoblins along the way, but still roughly the same. I obviously need more runs to make proper conclusions, but I doubt I'll see something much different.

What I noticed, however, is that Sorrax now does not have that ranged attack. I do not remember anyone complaining about that particular attack. To my knowledge, it has always been about the hp/armor this boss has and that he's too slow to kill. Not sure why you guys decided to remove the ranged attack...

Hectororius
03-12-2015, 06:29 PM
I think its time for AL2.

Between all the promised updates and all the changes that people are asking for you might as well create a new game and start fresh.

Maybe sts only creates a two year plan for their games and once that well runs dry it moves on while rehashing content for their new player base while the long time players focus on completing their end game goals and patiently wait for the next iteration of a good sts game.

Looking forward to call of champions though :)

Littlegroot
03-12-2015, 08:55 PM
Seriously, PvE balance is what?

If you want to address an issue, make sure changes are done. Make sure there is a point to prove.
All i read about is blah blah blah blah.
Make no sense to me.

I can only conclude, Mage and Warrior are not needed 100% in the "A Team" for the upcoming expansion.

PvP class balance no blah blah blah story to tell is because its too difficult to make up a story.

Seriously are you guys lazy or can't be bothered.
I know many players are leaving the game every single week, those are regular players spending platinum weekly to enjoy the game. bringing in revenues for your company.

Littlegroot
03-12-2015, 08:59 PM
My suggestion to balance the PvE or PvP classes is simple

Remove Mage and Warrior
Warrior and Mage skills apply it to Rogue
Only one class, Rogue with more skills to choose.

End of story. This is easiest way for LAZY people.
0 complain.

You can have a female rouge, a Fat size rouge, a hobbit size rouge.
just change the skin, very simple.

Kriticality
03-13-2015, 12:16 AM
Lol at all the couch devs whining in this thread. Lazy? Really? Interns? Go take a skill share class and let it take you months to learn a 200 line Python (easy) program and imagine the time it takes to actually program. You know, creating something from your head and laying it down in code.

4 weeks of updates have passed and you guys haven't been able to revamp tens of thousands of lines of code? Lol

You wanna play a rogue? Play a rogue. Devs have maintained that these adjustments take time and would coincide with new expansion.

Maybe if you're a little more disrespectful, things will change. They ask for feedback. If you have a hundred people agree with you, still tiny sample size. If you don't trust devs, leave. If you think they're lazy, leave. If this no longer feels fun like a game should be, leave. I know I will.

Show some respect for the people offering this product. If you aren't satisfied, well you know. Make the best choice for your sanity.

Maarkus
03-13-2015, 01:18 AM
Am i being paranoid but i could attest that there was a reply to this thread citing that STS officially posted a comment that they were working in the skill system review and fix .... This was February 26, 2014 !!! Thread here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?140017-Regarding-the-Current-Arcane-Legends-Skill-System

This post was even pointed out by FIbus in his 'Arcane Legenss Skill system Feedback' thread
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173489-Arcane-Legends-Skill-System-Feedback-Wanted!&highlight=Skill+revamp this was posed March 9 2014

Was the post citing the thread deleted?!!!!

STS: 1yr!
1yr on making us think you are working on the skills
1yr on saying we will look at it
1yr on saying it will take time!

This time i demand an answer!

Why i demand an answer? Because i have spent 693490 plat in this game all purchased from a credit card and only like 20 downloaded on free offer ..... Ban me if u want dor posting this but this now official misdirecting your customer base

You better be reading.... I will no longer be civil about things

Hectororius
03-13-2015, 01:28 AM
Lol at all the couch devs whining in this thread. Lazy? Really? Interns? Go take a skill share class and let it take you months to learn a 200 line Python (easy) program and imagine the time it takes to actually program. You know, creating something from your head and laying it down in code.

4 weeks of updates have passed and you guys haven't been able to revamp tens of thousands of lines of code? Lol

You wanna play a rogue? Play a rogue. Devs have maintained that these adjustments take time and would coincide with new expansion.

Maybe if you're a little more disrespectful, things will change. They ask for feedback. If you have a hundred people agree with you, still tiny sample size. If you don't trust devs, leave. If you think they're lazy, leave. If this no longer feels fun like a game should be, leave. I know I will.

Show some respect for the people offering this product. If you aren't satisfied, well you know. Make the best choice for your sanity.

Nobody is actually calling the Development Team lazy. In fact, we know they are working exceptionally hard at bringing us new content as fast as we can possible consume it, and yes, we are pretty ravenous once the content drops.

But, people are just getting tired of waiting. Let me refer you to a thread that is over a year old now in regards to revamping the skill system

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?140017-Regarding-the-Current-Arcane-Legends-Skill-System

I'll quote it here for quick reading:

Hi Legends!

The Dragon Enclave expansion is just around the corner, planned for launch in mid-March. With that in mind, we want to take a moment to talk to you all about the current Skill system in Arcane Legends and the future plans for it.

When the Dragon Enclave expansion launches, you will be able to level up to 41. At level 41 you will have an abundance of skill points. Enough to spend on the active and passive skill trees and for the most part max out your character. This is pretty cool! Your character will be max’d out! On the other hand, it isn’t as interesting as when you need to make choices that define your character.

We are very aware of this shortcoming with the current skill system. We are hard at work developing a fun evolution to skills in Arcane Legends. Our plan is to allow for future growth, add interest and also address other shortcomings of the current skill system. We want to create a more interesting and strategic experience, allow for greater diversity in character builds, and also resolve issues inherent to the old system that players were experiencing in game.

This won’t happen overnight though. The skill system defines your characters and we respect that. We want to take the time to get it right.

The game is evolving and so too must the systems inside it. :) We expect to release more details about these exciting changes over the coming months.

A year ago they made some big noise regarding the skill system and how it was going to be revamped and improve the game for the future. A year later they've decided to completely table the idea to bring us a new expansion? What happened in that year? How is it possible that something so critical to the games survival just kept getting placed on the back burner?

Kriticality
03-13-2015, 01:45 AM
I've only been playing since October so I don't know what's happened in a year. I'll read your reference but in regards to no one said lazy, pls reference this thread. Post 77 and 78 I think. The two posts and poster above my post.

If anyone feels like they are being abused though, take a look at your abuse quotient. It's not worth it if people are that unhappy. Reading these threads, you'd think that remiem or carapace kidnapped someone's little brother or promised a kid s front row bus seat on a super fun field trip. I've got a six digit plat history as well since I started playing in October, and there is a tremendous amount of dev content in this game.

It is likely that everyone feels like what they suggest is the most important issue in game. If you can't see the metrics, nobody knows, no matter how many buddies agree.

extrapayah
03-13-2015, 05:56 AM
anyway, one more i'd like to consider is about mobs aggro,

we can gain aggro normally by doing normal attacks, skill damage, etc. but many all of them has maximum target (except clock's root and DoT which somehow doesn't gain aggro), compare it to heal, heal gain aggro of enemies who has seen you or your party get healed, without any target limitation, and even worse, heal overtime gain aggro continuously, without maximum target which is too much, ridiculous,

example case: you can pick your party's heal pack which has heal over time upgrade, and go to bunch of enemies, without getting attacked @_@, instead mobs will come to the one who drops the packs

please rethink about this maximum target, if you limit targets for each spell, then it will be fair if you also limit aggro gain by healing,

also about elixir stacking (and other stacking too)

if you don't want elixir of the same type to stack each other, why do you nullified the second use of the elixir? isn't it better if you just replace the timer with the new one/replace the old one/automatically remove the old one, reapply the newer one? it won't make the user OP, right?

thank you

obee
03-13-2015, 06:03 AM
Delay the expansion. There's literally no point if playing it if half of the problems aren't fixed. I'm not talking about just skills and stuff, and talking about annoying bugs that litter the game.

magenice
03-13-2015, 06:07 AM
Please reduce the power of these mobs, especially in some nordr quests those xp quests. I have to die alot and use 500 potion above to get 600xp an 1500 gold in more than 20 mintues. watcher tombs only 5min.

Please:
1. bring back the para gem event for new expansion,I started this game after that event and I do not have any para gem and I am sure those already have para gem will be once more happy to have it for new L46 gears specially mythic l46(ohh can't wait to see how new mythic l46 look like)
2. bring more grand or super gem event( I can not efford to buy all auction gems trying to get grand gem on my gears,cost more than price of my gears)

Bmwmsix
03-13-2015, 10:13 AM
Why did you nerf our planar pendant proc on pvp. Though you left rogue ones untouched....??? Im soo angry can't find the right words?!!!

Ps: Sure ROUGES LEGEND nowzzzz!!!

Lol...at adjusting new mobs around rogues and not a single word about our taunting skills...

Kriticality
03-13-2015, 10:30 AM
Why did you nerf our planar pendant proc on pvp. Though you left rogue ones untouched....??? Im soo angry can't find the right words?!!!

I thought that proc was on madnex bug list, ie, not working as intended. Was it a nerf or did they fix it to how it was supposed to be? I'm honestly asking because I have no idea.

Dalmony
03-13-2015, 02:51 PM
The concerns for skills and the promises of a totally new skill system at the release of Tindirin came from concerns that by level 41 we would have far too many skill points and not enough places to put them all, leading to a lot of identical toons because we can comfortably spec everything that our class would desire without having to make careful considerations of what to include and what to leave out.

The other half of this concern is/was obviously the major need to revamp gameplay and truly allow each class to excel in the one thing which both other classes severely lack, rather than one class which can do everything amazingly (and more so with the right pets) while the two classes which do a couple of those things averagely well are sidelined.

I think we all know that the next expansion and the maps and game setup which come with it are going to be around for a very long time- we have been in the current "Tindirin" era for more or less a year now and each expansion has been longer than the one before it. Once the content has been released it's going to be pretty difficult to make anything more than minor/gradual changes and that is not really what's needed. More importantly its not what was promised over a year ago when players were led to believe that STS were putting steps in action to deal with and resolve this, and that big changes were coming.

Many of us did not read those initial comments about changes to the skill system and then forget about them: we have been waiting to see what all this work would lead, and to be presented with the results of what it was presumed (as told) AL devs had been working on for a year.

Where are the fruits of that labor? What did the devs do with all of the detailed and well thought out comments and feedback left on the skill system feedback request thread? What has been going on this whole time behind the scenes?

I would rather have the new expansion delayed and have a skill and gear stats allocation revamp become the focus, with the eventual release of a new skill system and class balance before the new expansion so we can play around with it in the current content and get used to it. Even if this meant delaying the expansion by a few months.

The idea would be that once this was in place, the expansion would come back to the forefront of development, and would be designed to tie in with the revamped skill system, to enhance it and make it shine through the way it gels with gameplay in the new content. Having something so new to experiment with and get used to would satisfy the "new content" desire. That way the new content, class balance, and build diversity would be solid enough for the game to run on for the subsequent 12-18 months.

Bmwmsix
03-13-2015, 03:25 PM
I thought that proc was on madnex bug list, ie, not working as intended. Was it a nerf or did they fix it to how it was supposed to be? I'm honestly asking because I have no idea.

This >>>>>>>>- Ancient Planar Pendant Warrior Crystal proc now heals for 10% in PvP, down from 25% in PvE, and each tick of the regen now heals for 2% health per tick in PvP, down from 5% in PvE. (The PvE version of the proc is unaffected.

This feeling lucky...feels like a slap in a face.

Bellaelda
03-13-2015, 03:38 PM
So as far this this (which was posted by g-m earlier today) ...

We were told the skills were getting revamped for the new release... And have been getting continously told for a year that our skills were getting reworked... so for this to just be thrown out and trashed is really upsetting for most the community! .. Honestly just put the expansion on hold and take care of the skills!

carmine_blade
03-13-2015, 03:46 PM

I'm pretty sure it was a bug (as in the heal was way more than intended), that has now been fixed, so yeah. Cry babies, cry babies everywhere.

I would also like to support your other comments in support of the dev team. I'm not a coder, I don't know IT, I know literally nothing about what is required to produce a game like this. But, EVEN I KNOW it's massively complex and changes likely cascade through and have unintended consequences which would then cause another avalanche of b*tching and moaning. When you take into consideration the fact that many, many people don't buy plat, and are therefore contributing absolutely nothing to STS in return for this game which has given hours and hours of pleasure... yeah. How 'bout shutting up and letting them do their job.

As I've said in other threads, this is not to say that there aren't major issues with aspects of the gameplay and the way the community is managed; there are, of course there are, and these complaints are legitimate- but let's all keep a bit of perspective, eh? The fact you (not you Kritical) have access to the internet to even complain about a game you likely play on a fancy phone tells me you're in the top most well-off world demographic anyway...

Haligali
03-13-2015, 03:58 PM
So as far this this (which was posted by g-m earlier today) ...

We were told the skills were getting revamped for the new release... And have been getting continously told for a year that our skills were getting reworked... so for this to just be thrown out and trashed is really upsetting for most the community! .. Honestly just put the expansion on hold and take care of the skills!

I don't think that a full skill rewamp would be better, just think about it how many bugged skill was fixed in the past years, and there are still some left like the increased duration on razor shield etc. You sure wanna start again from 0?

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Bellaelda
03-13-2015, 04:13 PM
Lol Hali...

There's bound to be problems, but that's what the test server is for. And not everything needs to be changed... There's been so many great ideas for tweaking skills I wouldn't even know where to start to list them. However just completely scrapping or putting on the back burner what we've all been waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for is beyond frustrating.

What if I don't wanna start a rogue like u did, lol, jk :-P

scvngr
03-13-2015, 04:24 PM
Rem..

This will have been suggested a hundred times before but I want to give my viewpoint.

Regarding selling vanities obtained from events and such like. Please make them tradeable. You and other STS staff have repeatedly talked about shifting the balance between the very rich and everyone else. As it stands with the economy the way it is, unless you loot a arcane item, shard or fossil then amassing any form of wealth is not possible. Being able to sell these vanities, which will become sought after a couple of months down the line after the event would allow people to make some money from the effort they put in.

Dalmony
03-13-2015, 08:53 PM
When the Dragon Enclave expansion launches, you will be able to level up to 41. At level 41 you will have an abundance of skill points. Enough to spend on the active and passive skill trees and for the most part max out your character. This is pretty cool! Your character will be max’d out! On the other hand, it isn’t as interesting as when you need to make choices that define your character.

We are very aware of this shortcoming with the current skill system. We are hard at work developing a fun evolution to skills in Arcane Legends. Our plan is to allow for future growth, add interest and also address other shortcomings of the current skill system. We want to create a more interesting and strategic experience, allow for greater diversity in character builds, and also resolve issues inherent to the old system that players were experiencing in game.

This won’t happen overnight though. The skill system defines your characters and we respect that. We want to take the time to get it right.

The game is evolving and so too must the systems inside it. We expect to release more details about these exciting changes over the coming months.

- Remiem 02-FEB-2014

One of my current projects is the AL Skills System update, which brings me to the focus of this post...

As we have announced (read more at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...s-Skill-System), on part of the game we're taking a look at is the skill system, including all of the various class skills. While we have certain metrics that we can look at to analyze skill usage, it is also important to get feedback directly from the community, since numbers don't come accompanied with explanations. We want to know how these skills feel to you as part of your builds.

- Fibus 09-MARCH-2014

One year later.....

In the upcoming Rage of the Ren’gol expansion, we are taking our first stab at improving PVE class balance.

For this expansion, we spent a great deal of time reassessing how we design and create content.

- Fibus 11-MARCH-2015

1. Skills: The skill revamp is on hold while we work on the expansion. In fact I wouldn't even call it a revamp as any effort toward skills will more likely be a series of small changes over time. The next expansion is our top priority right now and so that's where we are staying focused.

-G-M 12-MARCH-2015

We don't know what went on in the studio behind all of that but I hope you see that from a players point of view, this is the opposite of transparent communication and feels like a pretty major turnaround and a brush off concerning the core of the entire game.

I'm just going to leave it there with the quotes because it is actually quite hard not to just rant about this >.<

Arvaen
03-14-2015, 09:08 AM
Please reduce the power of these mobs, especially in some nordr quests those xp quests. I have to die alot and use 500 potion above to get 600xp an 1500 gold in more than 20 mintues. watcher tombs only 5min.

Do the quest in a party..? lol

Rx8
03-14-2015, 09:42 AM
From the desk of Fibus
then start unleashing a barrage of Fireballs and Lightning Strikes.

Hmm..lemme say...we gonna have 20% chance to make up another fireball and lightning? O_O

Diggdugg
03-16-2015, 07:37 AM
Those of us that run elite don't use heal skill only pots heal is useless

Arvaen
03-17-2015, 02:15 AM
When is St Patricks event due to end?

Sagely
03-17-2015, 04:10 AM
i think that on March 19

Haligali
03-17-2015, 04:52 AM
Need better communication, this is obviously not true:

That's what we did. :) It's currently limited to 5 threads per hour and 30 posts per hour. We set it this way so that it would slow down the bots, but not inhibit our members from making posts and keeping conversations going. So, we'll be continuing our research into how to stop them at the account creation level. Banning IPs is sometimes an option, unless we see that legitimate players are also coming on through the same IP (in the case of a VPN), so it's risky. We wouldn't want to block real people!

debitmandiri
03-18-2015, 05:23 AM

You better be reading.... I will no longer be civil about things

May gad 693k plats O.O

Robhawk
03-18-2015, 10:44 AM
efforts _ONLY_toward PvE balance

Ok, no need to login then. gl

11-04-2014 http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?184961-When-is-the-mage-buff-coming

Today we have 03-18-2015 and STILL NOTHING !

GG, TY

Remiem
03-18-2015, 05:37 PM
New Update is Up: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?215512-Remiem-s-Weekly-Community-Update-March-18th-2015