PDA

View Full Version : 1.7 Content Update (55818)

asommers
03-15-2011, 02:05 PM
Oasis now shows all 44 quests on the world map, and Annah's daily quest "Chain Gang" can be completed to show up on this list.
Mystery Armor can no longer be traded or sold.
Spread a little luck this holiday week with the "Big Luck!" vanity item in the Store!
You get a little extra LUCK when wearing the "Big Luck" vanity item for sale in the Store!
Wave at players equipped with "Big Luck!" to get a 'Little Luck' of your own.
You may notice that treasure chests in the world have changed to mark this festive week!

JemNI
03-15-2011, 02:08 PM
First post? Woohoo! What does that mean to get a little extra LUCK? better drops? what?

Echelong
03-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Wow just what I need luck I just hope its good luck and not bad because I have lots of that.

Physiologic
03-15-2011, 02:11 PM
Getting a little extra LUCK wearing the big luck vanity item sounds like increased drop rates :)

lUp3
03-15-2011, 02:14 PM
Does the little luck alsi give luck?? Also any new drops?

noneo
03-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Awesome! I am looking forward to some luck in my sewer farming :) (I'm not going to lie, when I saw an update posted today, I thought it was the Global Cool Down, I got excited :p)

Royce
03-15-2011, 02:32 PM
The "Big Luck" item's name is gray instead of blue like all other vanity items.

MITSUISUN
03-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Wow... It's 15 plat... Yikes! Better get a move on it heh

Echelong
03-15-2011, 02:36 PM
The "Big Luck" item's name is gray instead of blue like all other vanity items.

Maybe its because it really gives you better luck. Should be pink :-)

/jk but who knows....

asommers
03-15-2011, 02:38 PM
First post? Woohoo! What does that mean to get a little extra LUCK? better drops? what?

Yes, there's an increased drop rate while wearing the vanity hat.

-ALS

Rolocoaster
03-15-2011, 02:38 PM
also i was able to still buy mystery armor from Cs .

Echelong
03-15-2011, 02:39 PM

-ALS

Woot thanks Mr. sommers This should be the best 15 plat I spent. I will test this tonight.

Lesrider
03-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Do both hats give extra luck and are they permanent?

superss
03-15-2011, 02:52 PM
oooo! increase drop rate! dose the lil luck hat have the same + as the big one?

Echelong
03-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Well if its based on the names I would say big luck gives you more luck and it would be fair since you have to buy big luck with plat. I hope it increases drop rate a bit.

This just got me thinking about what they will add to the droid antennas.

Atila the nun
03-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Thank you PL devs, you are both truly gracious *and* culturally relevant.

Major
03-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Awesome you guys rock!!

noneo
03-15-2011, 03:07 PM

-ALS

This is GREAT news!

Goliath
03-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Maybe lil luck is like 25% elixir and big luck is the 35% elixir pot just as in shop.

Echelong
03-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Maybe lil luck is like 25% elixir and big luck is the 35% elixir pot just as in shop.

yeah I wish it would be that high. I am thinking maybe instead of a 1% you could get a 1.5 or 2%.

One question for the devs. Will this bonus stay after the items are removed form the store? I expect big luck to not give little luck, but will the increase drop rate stay or will it be temporary?

asommers
03-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Lil' Luck does not give a drop bonus, it's just a vanity item.

The ability for Big Luck to grant Lil' Luck will go away in a few days. Big Luck will always give the player a drop bonus while equipped.

-ALS

Kalielle
03-15-2011, 03:18 PM
Will this bonus stay after the items are removed form the store?

Was about to ask this too but you beat me to it :)

Edit: oh permanent, nice. I'm buying one for each of my high levels I swear.

Echelong
03-15-2011, 03:19 PM

The ability for Big Luck to grant Lil' Luck will go away in a few days. Big Luck will always give the player a drop bonus while equipped.

-ALS

Thanks for the answers. This will be my permanent hat from now on till you guys make something better with the droid antennas...

Was about to ask this too but you beat me to it :)

Thats a first for me normally Physio or Royce will beat me to all my questions or answers lol

Physiologic
03-15-2011, 03:26 PM

-ALS

Can you make the luck bonus temporary, for the duration of St. Patty's Day? This sort of reduces the appeal of buying/wearing the other vanity items (or until another vanity hat is released with bigger bonuses) since the luck cap has a permabonus.

StompArtist
03-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Can you make the luck bonus temporary, for the duration of St. Patty's Day? This sort of reduces the appeal of buying/wearing the other vanity items (or until another vanity hat is released with bigger bonuses) since the luck cap has a permabonus.

Bad Physiologic!

superglut2
03-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Thanks, ill deff buy one for increased luk :)

Rolocoaster
03-15-2011, 03:31 PM
Oasis now shows all 44 quests on the world map, and Annah's daily quest "Chain Gang" can be completed to show up on this list.
Mystery Armor can no longer be traded or sold.
Spread a little luck this holiday week with the "Big Luck!" vanity item in the Store!
You get a little extra LUCK when wearing the "Big Luck" vanity item for sale in the Store!
Wave at players equipped with "Big Luck!" to get a 'Little Luck' of your own.
You may notice that treasure chests in the world have changed to mark this festive week!

this still needs to be fixed becasue i was still able to buy the mystery armor from C.S. shop

Echelong
03-15-2011, 03:32 PM

But why? The question you should ask is what will they come up next? a while back they told us that they had plans for the droid antennas so we might see better stuff from vanity items.

MITSUISUN
03-15-2011, 03:35 PM

I noticed Bel Sewer quests are now 29/33 instead of 26/30 like previously.

Is it because of daily quest counted as well or ?

Physiologic
03-15-2011, 03:40 PM
But why? The question you should ask is what will they come up next? a while back they told us that they had plans for the droid antennas so we might see better stuff from vanity items.

If bonuses start appearing for other vanity items, then I'll retract my statement - but if the luck cap will be the only vanity item with a bonus like this then it'll make PL more homogeneous, which I don't like :/

Lesrider
03-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Yeah, isn't this the only vanity helm that offers a bonus (especially one you can't get elsewhere)?

superglut2
03-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Love it that we get extra luck, im def using it now for my chars :)

Echelong
03-15-2011, 03:45 PM
If bonuses start appearing for other vanity items, then I'll retract my statement - but if the luck cap will be the only vanity item with a bonus like this then it'll make PL more homogeneous, which I don't like :/

Well this is the start of something new so yes I think this will be the first of many.

Physiologic
03-15-2011, 03:47 PM
Yeah, isn't this the only vanity helm that offers a bonus (especially one you can't get elsewhere)?

Yes. If this is permanent then everyone will be wearing this at upper levels to farm until the next big bonus vanity item comes by. I liked seeing different Vanity Items being worn by parties, it gives us a sense of individuality but with a permabonus on the luck hat we just look like spawns of each other :(

Lesrider
03-15-2011, 03:50 PM
Yes. If this is permanent then everyone will be wearing this at upper levels to farm until the next big bonus vanity item comes by. I liked seeing different Vanity Items being worn by parties, it gives us a sense of individuality but with a permabonus on the luck hat we just look like spawns of each other :(

Yeah I agree with you. It's not the best-looking hat out there -- would be a pity if that's all people wear from now on.

Junside
03-15-2011, 03:55 PM
I don't mind if it stays... I've only got one BS drop since it came out. Never got any void, rift, or cosmos either. No shadow drops too. :p

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/YtgYv5Wea_E/0.jpg

HE STAYS

KaotiicxDream
03-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Have anyone noticed there is ---"27"--- FH quests ???

Moogerfooger
03-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Bad Physiologic!

I agree with him and Lesrider...and if you were forced to choose between wearing a Crown of Persistence or any other cool vanity hat, and wearing kinda silly-looking Shamrocks on your head forever...well, everyone is just going to wear Shamrocks forever and that would be b-o-r-i-n-g.

For those of us with Crowns of Persistence, not only are there no set bonuses (yet), now we have even less incentive to wear them.

Most people already wished there was some better degree of customization/skinning.

People screamed when everyone was running around in Shadow gear that we were all clones, this is just more of the clone same clone same clone same.

As much as I hate to say it....temporary luck increase not permanent, please.

Or at the very least, give the option to 'Hide Vanity' like we have to 'Hide Hat'. Sounds funny, but would work, at least from the visual/vanity angle.

asommers
03-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Ok, we'll consider making them temporary.

-ALS

lUp3
03-15-2011, 04:15 PM
nooo please no temporary. It doesnt look that great and a waste of 15 plats!! :( I bought because I read it will be permanent otherwise I could make do without.

ballersburden
03-15-2011, 04:17 PM
Temporary? Just because a few people said so?

What about adding a "hide vanity" for those people crying about being different.

I did NOT just buy plat and purchase this hat for no reason, the only reason I used real money to get platinum and buy the hat was because you said it would remain as a bonus.

They are complaining about the looks of people, so do something about the looks but keep the bonus.

Again, "hiding the vanity hat" option or "hiding every other players vanity" just so we can look "nicer" to some.

Jeez.

People that pay should always have an advantage, that's life.

Echelong
03-15-2011, 04:17 PM

-ALS

-_-

why not just add bonus to other vanity items in the future? I love the idea....

Moogerfooger
03-15-2011, 04:18 PM

-ALS

Or please consider making an option for 'Hide Vanity', as odd as it sounds, like the 'Hide Hat' option. It could work, leave the permanent luck increase intact while allowing us to wear whatever helm we wanted for looks/visual effect.

Lesrider
03-15-2011, 04:20 PM
People that pay should always have an advantage?

That's not how PL used to be, and I hope that's not the direction it's heading.

Moogerfooger
03-15-2011, 04:20 PM
Temporary? Just because a few people said so?

What about adding a "hide vanity" for those people crying about being different.

I did NOT just buy plat and purchase this hat for no reason, the only reason I used real money to get platinum and buy the hat was because you said it would remain as a bonus.

They are complaining about the looks of people, so do something about the looks but keep the bonus.

Again, "hiding the vanity hat" option or "hiding every other players vanity" just so we can look "nicer" to some.

Jeez.

People that pay should always have an advantage, that's life.

Sounds like someone accusing other people of crying, is in need of a pretty big box of Kleenex themselves. Hide Vanity already suggested.

Junside
03-15-2011, 04:21 PM

-ALS

It feels like a heavy loss to have paid 15 platinum for this and no bonus added to it in the future. Please keep it on?

noneo
03-15-2011, 04:21 PM

-ALS

Please do NOT make then temporary. 15 plat is a lot for a temporary item. I wouldn't have bought.. Just because a few people don't love it, doesn't mean the rest of us don't!

ballersburden
03-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Let it stay :D

Btw, big kleenex box plz.

lUp3
Discard the one who pays money get better argument but look at it this way many people(including me) only bought the vanity caause luck was permanent. 15 plats is big waste otherwise. If the temporary thing is applied all should be atleast given a chance to give it back ( or decrease the value of vanity).

I however feel getting more vanity to have some kinda bonus is a better idea but it is upto the devs :)

JemNI
Yeah, I was planning on buying some plat to get one, but not if it's gonna go away any time soon. consider the other remedies the problem rather than nullifying the reason for the purchase. That's like paying extra for leather seats in your car, but they turn into vinyl after 6 months.

Physiologic
03-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Look guys, let's say this hat does turn permanent. What does that mean for the economy?

1. There will be more loot in the CS.
2. More loot means prices will be driven further down.
3. Players who farm extensively like me will get more drops, driving prices even further down.
4. Your earnings will be a fraction of what they were once worth.

Drop rates for pinks are already fair. If everyone has an increased chance of drops, your drops will be worth diddly.

15 Platinum is not worth a lot of money. It's at most 2 dollars.

And I'll be damned if I loot a MM bracer in the future with a permabonus on this hat only to have to sell it for 250k instead of 800k.

And no - people who pay Platinum should not have a distinct advantage over anyone else.

Apocolypze
03-15-2011, 04:34 PM
If u do make it temporary you should take vanity away from everyone and refund plat so they can decide if they want it, but i still think it should stay because its first ever vanity with a bonus.

Lesrider
03-15-2011, 04:35 PM
The devs are usually good about returns, and I'm guessing they would allow them if you return it right away and not wait until the luck wears off.

People have bought plenty of other vanity items, including the very similar Big Love, despite their having no bonuses. If it is made temporary, maybe the price should be adjusted to reflect that?

If it is here to stay, I think other helms should be given some bonuses (ie. Xp bonus, speed bonus, etc) around the same time, to give people a reason to choose between different helms, and not simply choose to look silly wearing a clover (for the luck) or wearing a cool-looking vanity item without a bonus.

Also, kinda sucks for future players who won't be able to buy the hat. All other holiday plat items were vanity only, so new players who didn't get it were not at a disadvantage.

Echelong
03-15-2011, 04:37 PM
Look guys, let's say this hat does turn permanent. What does that mean for the economy?

3. Players who farm extensively like me will get more drops, driving prices even further down.

Drop rates for pinks are already fair. If everyone has an increased chance of drops, your drops will be worth diddly.

And I'll be damned if I loot a MM bracer in the future with a permabonus on this hat only to have to sell it for 250k instead of 800k.

And no - people who pay Platinum should not have a distinct advantage over anyone else.

Yes prices will eventually go down just like Rift once was more than 1mill to buy. But new items will be expensive even if the drop rate is higher.

I do see the point you are making Physio but also remember that a the majority of players don't use the forums and they will think that little love gives a bonus and they will not pay for big love. This item will be on the store for a week or less (from past similar items) Then it will no longer will be available so other players won't have the luxury of getting it.

Similar permanent bonus could be added to other vanity items.

If it is here to stay, I think other helms should be given some bonuses (ie. Xp bonus, speed bonus, etc) around the same time, to give people a reason to choose between different helms, and not simply choose to look silly wearing a clover (for the luck) or wearing a cool-looking vanity item without a bonus.

Nice ideas for vanity item bonuses
+1
I would love the speed one to run around town like a chicken with its head cut off

Moogerfooger
Let it stay :D

Btw, big kleenex box plz.

Touche. Ironically I'm at Walgreen's. Would you like some with soothing aloe to prevent chafing?

lUp3
I know what you are trying to say but for some of us we arent going to get anymore platinum sadly. To spend the remaining of it on a stupid thing that I dont want wasnt what I would have wanted and am already regretting that I jumped the gun there. If it meant to be temporary act soon and give chance to people to give it back (for some little penalty) that I would think would only be fair. Yes I know people would make full use of it in the meantime but still 15 plats is a lot I could have got another new area for that if it were in da plans.

Physiologic
03-15-2011, 04:38 PM
Les has a point as well - new players have a huge, major disadvantage if they don't buy this item now. G has mentioned that hundreds of new accounts are created everyday. It'll be a shame if I was a new player and just missed out on a vanity that gave me permanent luck bonus.

Lesrider
03-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Yes prices will eventually go down just like Rift once was more than 1mill to buy. But new items will be expensive even if the drop rate is higher.

I do see the point you are making Physio but also remember that a the majority of players don't use the forums and they will think that little love gives a bonus and they will not pay for big love. This item will be on the store for a week or less (from past similar items) Then it will no longer will be available so other players won't have the luxury of getting it.

Similar permanent bonus could be added to other vanity items.

That point seems even more unfair to me than anything else. So only forum members will be aware of his and take advantage of it? How is that fair to people who just play the game and don't know about it? Also, like i said, not fair to future players.

lUp3
03-15-2011, 04:42 PM
So what about the many people who have bought it on the pretence that it were to give us good permanent luck. Theres two sides to everything :-/

Kalielle
I vote for keeping luck. :) We're talking here about a really tiny chance of getting better loot, and we did pay 15 plat in return which is more than the BS campaign costs. They seem to give you a chance to re-roll that's smaller than even the lucky elixir, and that just means you get 2 rolls which are both very unlikely to give pink at all.

Nothing's going to change about the economy. I remember when the lucky elixir first came out all the farmers panicked and went off to town to sell because they thought prices would drop, and then nothing happened. After a few days even hardcore farmers stopped using the elixirs because they were just not worth it.

I like the hat because I would never waste money on a lucky elixir - they're just not cost effective. This way I get to experience the excitement of the occasional re-roll without feeling guilty that I wasted money for it.

If it bothers people so much that it's a platinum item, then maybe after the St. Patricks day event is over the devs could just add a different item as a drop that has the same effect. Maybe a ring which doesn't show up, so people don't complain that everyone looks the same.

Junside
Hardcore players will win again. ;_;

Opportunities for a change in my chances like these are always lost.

lUp3
03-15-2011, 04:43 PM
That point seems even more unfair to me than anything else. So only forum members will be aware of his and take advantage of it? How is that fair to people who just play the game and don't know about it? Also, like i said, not fair to future players.

Actually changelog is mentioned on the starting of game. So I doubt that its unfair then

drewcapu
03-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Why is big luck a grey item?

Echelong
03-15-2011, 04:45 PM

Not unfair information will give you an edge. When I meet new people I always tell them to visit the forums for info on their classes and other stuff. Its really not hard to check forums once in a while even if its lurking only. I started playing in December and by that time halloween and red and blue antennas where already in the game without a way of me getting them. I don't find it unfair for older players to have them it just proves how long you been playing.

Like you suggested giving bonuses to other items would make players decide on what to use.

Lesrider
03-15-2011, 04:48 PM
Think about it this way, guys.

Let's say the 1-handed gurg hammer had dropped for a week, and got farmed enough to introduce like 50-100 of them into the game. Then the devs changed it so only 2h gurg hammers dropped, but let the people who had the 1h keep them like that. And they could wear shields with them. Do you think that would be fair just because they were there at that point? Sure, it's nice for those who would have gotten the 1h, but would suck for everyone else.

Same idea here. If it's going to have a permanent bonus that affects the game, it needs to be available permanently (or like someone else said, the bonus has to be available on another item -- but not stackable).

Physiologic
03-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Les has it right again. If this Vanity helm has a permanent luck bonus, then this Vanity helm should be available permanently for sale. This is the fairest solution.

And everyone will be clones of each other :)

Echelong
03-15-2011, 04:51 PM

Let's say the 1-handed gurg hammer had dropped for a week, and got farmed enough to introduce like 50-100 of them into the game. Then the devs changed it so only 2h gurg hammers dropped, but let the people who had the 1h keep them like that. And they could wear shields with them. Do you think that would be fair just because they were there at that point? Sure, it's nice for those who would have gotten the 1h, but would suck for everyone else.

Same idea here. If it's going to have a permanent bonus that affects the game, it needs to be available permanently (or like someone else said, the bonus has to be available on another item -- but not stackable).

Could be an option. And yes it should not be stackable with luck pots. The highest one should cancel the other.

Clones on the bosses yes on the towns no... atm I am using a cheap bum look to keep beggar off me. I would use the hat on the bosses with the loadout change and only there.

ballersburden
03-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Les has it right again. If this Vanity helm has a permanent luck bonus, then this Vanity helm should be available permanently for sale. This is the fairest solution.

And everyone will be clones of each other :)

THIS... I agree.

lUp3
03-15-2011, 04:56 PM
How about the guys who got the one handed gurgox weaps. They were happy to use it and suddenly its a two handed thing. The thing also is that we dint buy the weapon with money. That has to be taken into account. That analogy is flawed in itself. I could buy BS for 10 plats and 15 for this?? Either permanent or return plats would only be fair. I'm out anyways waste of money atleast make full use of it while i can.

Survivorfan
03-15-2011, 04:57 PM
ok, we'll consider making them temporary.

-als
nooooooo!!!!

Junside
03-15-2011, 05:00 PM

I don't want to pick at your single point made in this post, but things like that can always be nerfed and it can still remain a part of the game. 15 plat is a justified price for this limited vanity item.

Don't take it to heart when I say this, but you guys take this game too seriously. We're not even sure if it's a major advantage yet. Give it a try before passing the bill.

Physiologic
03-15-2011, 05:03 PM
I don't want to pick at your single point made in this post, but things like that can always be nerfed and it can still remain a part of the game. 15 plat is a justified price for this limited vanity item.

Don't take it to heart when I say this, but you guys take this game too seriously. We're not even sure if it's a major advantage yet. Give it a try before passing the bill.

Of course I take this game seriously. I enjoy taking it seriously, that's the fun part for me.

Survivorfan
03-15-2011, 05:04 PM
if you make it temporary, 15 plat is a lot for a vanity item that bonus is only there for a week

Lesrider
03-15-2011, 05:10 PM
I didn't say it's a perfect analogy, bc nothing like this has been done before.
But items that permanently give an advantage over other players should not be only available temporarily. It's fine to give people a few days of higher drop rates, but then it should be gone.
Or, perhaps it could have just been a St. Patty's event -- higher drop rates for everyone for a week. That way, the people who play the most during that time will get the most out of it, but they won't have any permanent advantage over others.

ballersburden
03-15-2011, 05:11 PM
How about making ALL vanity items available to buy at ALL times?

EXCEPT... when they are "out of season" they cost more than being "in season".

For example, let the bonus stay... but when the "St. Patricks Day season" passes... however long you guys want that to be... it goes up in price.

This can work for every vanity, like someone trying to buy Christmas vanity items can buy them right now even if they had a bonus, but for a higher price... since it is not Christmas time. Only when Christmas comes around again will the price drop for the season, and new items can be added also.

Survivorfan
03-15-2011, 05:12 PM
I didn't say it's a perfect analogy, bc nothing like this has been done before.
But items that permanently give an advantage over other players should not be only available temporarily. It's fine to give people a few days of higher drop rates, but then it should be gone.
Or, perhaps it could have just been a St. Patty's event -- higher drop rates for everyone for a week. That way, the people who play the most during that time will get the most out of it, but they won't have any permanent advantage over others.
But still, for those who have bought it for 15 plat, we should get a refund then because we bought a item with PERMANENT luck, not temporary

Moogerfooger
03-15-2011, 05:14 PM
if you make it temporary, 15 plat is a lot for a vanity item that bonus is only there for a week

15 plat is $2.50 USD. It's not like it is costing anyone twenty bucks. WoW is $15 a month just to play. Not to mention most of us here have spent more than 15 plat on expansions, other vanity items, whatever. We all have touchscreen devices, data plans, Internet, etc...the odds of $2.50 putting most people here in the poor house are not that great, imo. It's the cost of a Big Mac.

/reserving judgment until further notice.

Klemen
03-15-2011, 05:16 PM
So will this vanity be gone in a week if i buy it?

Lesrider
03-15-2011, 05:17 PM
But still, for those who have bought it for 15 plat, we should get a refund then because we bought a item with PERMANENT luck, not temporary

Yes, I already said I agree with that, to an extent. STS is usually good with refunds, and I think if they make it temp, they could probably refund it as long as the refund is requested within a day or two (?). Maybe they can also adjust the price accordingly. I dunno what thy would do, I'm just giving suggestions.

Survivorfan
03-15-2011, 05:19 PM
15 plat is $2.50 USD. It's not like it is costing anyone twenty bucks. WoW is $15 a month just to play. Not to mention most of us here have spent more than 15 plat on expansions, other vanity items, whatever. We all have touchscreen devices, data plans, Internet, etc...the odds of $2.50 putting most people here in the poor house are not that great, imo. It's the cost of a Big Mac.

/reserving judgment until further notice.
lol, big mac
but there still is that part where a temporary item is not worth 15 plat

Echelong
03-15-2011, 05:20 PM

You can send STS an e-mail asking for a refund if this happens. I would love for it to stay but thats just me. If they use it temporarily then it most likely be the same for future vanity items.

Another idea could be to add a bonus to one of the vanity items currently available or make a crafting recipe for vanity items to add one bonus to one item. Recipes could become available at anytime and only 1 bonus can be added per item. This way you could wear any vanity item you purchase with a specific bonus this means no clones and they should be super rare and hard to craft

Royce
03-15-2011, 05:20 PM

It's exactly the same price as Big Love which many people bought, and it was the same thing with hearts instead of clovers and no bonus of any kind.
Honestly I am slightly opposed to the permanent bonus simply because as Physio said it will lead to too much identical headgear being worn. I have also said several times in the past that I am opposed to luck items in general, but this is actually not a bad way to do it as long as the bonus is pretty small, which I would guess it is. I'd love to test it out, but am sick and don't feel much like playing games atm :(

Edit: come to think of it, speaking of price, if STS had thought about how luck crazy its players are, they could have easily added an item with a permanent luck bonus for 50 or 100 plat and sold a heap of them. Maybe the solution to players not being able to get this anymore after the holiday would be to add a series (all with unique designs) of lucky vanity hats at premium prices once Big Luck is out of the store. I would say, to be fair, one should be added as a rare drop as well, but the truth is, if the effect is as small as people are saying, then it doesn't really give any serious advantage at all, an is more for the hardcore who want that extra, minuscule though it may be, chance at a pink.

So will this vanity be gone in a week if i buy it?

The item will remain. What is unknown at this point is whether the luck bonus it currently imparts will stay.

Rolocoaster
03-15-2011, 05:23 PM
in other news, has anybody noticed that the people who had their mystery armor for sale in cs are still able to sell it while others who have mystery armor cannot put it for sale in cs ? i think this is a bit unfair for those wanting to sell the armor but cant anymore while those who had the armor for sale before update still have it up for sale and you can still buy it (i tried it myself and bought one from cs)

Tour
03-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Big luck works! Doing Stronghold, no pots on, nothing. Kill the boss, "You are feeling LUCKY..." Re-roll. Raid Roach Gemstone Cap! Woot.

Moogerfooger
03-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Big luck works! Doing Stronghold, no pots on, nothing. Kill the boss, "You are feeling LUCKY..." Re-roll. Raid Roach Gemstone Cap! Woot.

Nice! A good start.

noneo
03-15-2011, 05:38 PM

Then I would like all of the previous vanity items to be available forever so I can purchase. I started playing in the recent past, and missed out on a lot of great vanity items (whether or not they have a bonus, looks are worth plat to me as well). People that have been playing longer should get more of a benefit. If you miss out on this week, then you miss out on the lucky-wear, if you missed out on valentines week, then you missed out on the Love-wear. It's just how it works.

noneo
03-15-2011, 05:40 PM
Another idea could be to add a bonus to one of the vanity items currently available or make a crafting recipe for vanity items to add one bonus to one item. Recipes could become available at anytime and only 1 bonus can be added per item. This way you could wear any vanity item you purchase with a specific bonus this means no clones and they should be super rare and hard to craft

+1

I think this is a great idea.

Royce
03-15-2011, 05:40 PM
in other news, has anybody noticed that the people who had their mystery armor for sale in cs are still able to sell it while others who have mystery armor cannot put it for sale in cs ? i think this is a bit unfair for those wanting to sell the armor but cant anymore while those who had the armor for sale before update still have it up for sale and you can still buy it (i tried it myself and bought one from cs)

Well those people paid to list the items for a certain period of time. I think the way the devs did this, just not allowing them to be listed any more, was probably the simplest solution. The only other option would have been ending all the sales prematurely, and somehow refunding the listing fees to the people who were selling them (which I would imagine would have been more time consuming).

Lesrider
03-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Then I would like all of the previous vanity items to be available forever so I can purchase. I started playing in the recent past, and missed out on a lot of great vanity items (whether or not they have a bonus, looks are worth plat to me as well). People that have been playing longer should get more of a benefit. If you miss out on this week, then you miss out on the lucky-wear, if you missed out on valentines week, then you missed out on the Love-wear. It's just how it works.

It's not the same at all, because this is the first time a vanity item has had a special bonus, temporary or otherwise.

aluxuryhoggy
03-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Does anyone know just how much "luck" big luck actually gives?

Redbridge
03-15-2011, 06:04 PM
Just been in a game where, whilst wearing the new Vanity item Big Luck, I got the message

'You ARE Lucky… Re-Rolled for better loot'

Then not long after a fellow player, wearing the same item obvious got lucky and I saw;

(NAME) 'gets a chance to re-roll with Elixer of Luck'

Does this suggest a 25% chance of re-roll?

Royce
03-15-2011, 06:20 PM
Just been in a game where, whilst wearing the new Vanity item Big Luck, I got the message

'You ARE Lucky… Re-Rolled for better loot'

Then not long after a fellow player, wearing the same item obvious got lucky and I saw;

(NAME) 'gets a chance to re-roll with Elixer of Luck'

Does this suggest a 25% chance of re-roll?

Not necessarily. It definitely works the same way as an elixir, giving you a certain chance of a reroll, but you would have to do a bunch of runs, and count how many drops you get as well as how many times the luck proc works (when you see "feeling lucky" not only when you see "you are lucky" which means it proc'd and the second role resulted in a better drop) to figure out the percentage. It certainly could be 25% but I'm kinda hoping it's lower...

noneo
03-15-2011, 06:45 PM
It definitely seems less than 25%. Out of the few runs I did (no where close to being a sound conclusion), One run, no one got any re-rolls. The next run two people each got 1 re-roll for better loot (one on catspaw, one on gold), another run, only 1 person got a re-roll for better loot. All of the runs had a full party, so that is around 3 re-rolls / ((5 people * 3 runs) * 2 bosses) = 3/30 = 10%. Keep in mind, this is in no way a finalized percentage, just some very early observations.

Ixillicus
03-15-2011, 06:54 PM
I noticed they bumped it up from 43 to 44 quests in AO. I was at 42/43 and now 43/44. I got credit for the one I thought I wasn't getting credit for. Now I am confused about where the last quest could be. I have talked to everyone in the town and all of the levels and haven't seen it. I did notice that in General Discussion there is a Quest Guide thread, listing 44 quests in AO, but one of them suggests we talk to Ellie in Forest Haven to get a quest, but she doesn't offer it. Did I miss something or is there still a problem?

Uimacaz
03-15-2011, 06:59 PM
I do agree that this item should either have a permanent luck bonus (as a developer did state so here on their official forum that it would) or refund all purchases made so far. All players who purchased the item with the idea that they would have a permanent luck bonus could rethink their decision and all those who would like the hat regardless can just purchase it again. It honestly doesn't seem right to pull a 180 after stating, as a matter of fact, that things would be done a certain way.

If the item does stay permanent, which I would like to see, I suggest creating new rings for sale that have a luck, or other, bonus (or possibly other vanity items... But I do like seeing hats :)). These new rings, hats, craftable items, or whatever should have a slightly less percentage of luck than the limited time vanity items that are released during the holiday season.

This formula could be used with future seasonal vanity items as well.

Just an idea...

- Adam

Moogerfooger
03-15-2011, 07:01 PM
I do agree that this item should either have a permanent luck bonus (as a developer did state so here on their official forum that it would) or refund all purchases made so far. All players who purchased the item with the idea that they would have a permanent luck bonus could rethink their decision and all those who would like the hat regardless can just purchase it again. It honestly doesn't seem right to pull a 180 after stating, as a matter of fact, that things would be done a certain way.

If the item does stay permanent, which I would like to see, I suggest creating new rings for sale that have a luck, or other, bonus (or possibly other vanity items... But I do like seeing hats :)). These new rings, hats, craftable items, or whatever should have a slightly less percentage of luck than the limited time vanity items that are released during the holiday season.

This formula could be used with future seasonal vanity items as well.

Just an idea...

- Adam

And a good idea(s) at that. I dig the ring ideas. We do have two hands, after all :p

Diodge
03-15-2011, 07:03 PM
LMAO every time there is something new the same people come to the forums and B_-_- about something...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love the idea of the Luck on the item. Im happy to spend my plat to get a little more luck as I play. Perm or temp
I dont mind buying someone a half of a Big Mac for there work and a game I love.

last mo. 10plat = 1.00 area
this mo 15plat = 1.50-2.00 area "I wish the arcade was this cheap."

The bonus is not that high. 11runs so far .. 4of 5 with luck.. no pinks .... This is nothing new or a great big throw to the over priced market.
I could see this being a problem if pinks were flying every where as drops. I dont see it.

update
40-50runs... 1 pinks(helm) .. 3of 5 always had luck......The helm went to someone with Little Luck.

thugimmortal
03-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Ow man im getting sick of missing these cool items its really spoiling the game.
i cant get plat because of no credit card PLEASE DEVS can you add a way to get plat from phone carrier / credit. or a premiumText number its been months now plus ill need plat for blackstar too

Ellyidol
03-15-2011, 07:20 PM
Sorry guys, but I'd have to agree with Phys/Les here.

My initial thought when I got the item and saw the bonus was that it should be or was hopefully temporary.

Of course there's the other side of the coin, but IMO, once it starts with vanity helms having bonuses, its like a slippery slope from there. Where will it end?

Also, this is a holiday (or something else, I wouldn't know, never celebrated St. Patty's Day) promotion, hence the luck for this short period of time.

I'd think it'd probably be okay if the price was reduced so players wouldn't take an extreme loss of 15 plat for a week or so. If it was made to 5, surely 5 plat is worth having extra luck for an entire week?

Kossi
03-15-2011, 07:24 PM
wow a plat item that gives you better luck...sigh..
this is starting to cost more than WoW

giayuan
03-15-2011, 08:54 PM
From what ive read, people are misunderstanding. The item ITSELF isnt temporary; the hat of course will stay. Its the fact that it gives luck that people are argueing over. I personally would like to see it stay forever; thats what st pattys day is all about, luck. Maybe its just cuz my luck hasnt been all good, but if you really count the number of posters in this thread, its like.. 10 people. Out of the thousands.

Lesrider
03-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Yeah but Phys and Royce have an opinion, and theirs count as 1,000 each :P

Lizardfeather
03-15-2011, 09:25 PM
From what ive read, people are misunderstanding. The item ITSELF isnt temporary; the hat of course will stay. Its the fact that it gives luck that people are argueing over. I personally would like to see it stay forever; thats what st pattys day is all about, luck. Maybe its just cuz my luck hasnt been all good, but if you really count the number of posters in this thread, its like.. 10 people. Out of the thousands.

No, it's about St. Patrick. >.<

Anyways, I agree with luck being temporary, it's a holiday item. It is VERY similar to the Big Love for Valentine's Day, which had no bonus, yet people bought it. Also, do we really want a PL where the people who spend the most money always win? I hate those games, if you are going to spend money, it should be fair for everyone.

Furthermore, if luck were to be implemented, as others said, anyone who was not here to buy it would be at a disadvantage the rest of their gaming days. And if this continues, to equalize it, all vanity will need a bonus, and lo and behold, here comes forth the problem of people with money always winning.

Moreover, this promotes the concept of 'wasting money'. It shows the little kids that they have to pour their money into a game to be able to compete with everyone else. This kind of message is the reason we don't have gambling in PL. It's the same type of thing. Also, the fact that a permanent bonus is present, PL is making money the wrong way.
Buying maps: Yes
Buying extraneous items to even be able to compete with others: No

See when you start making money off forcing your customers to buy stuff to ckmpete with your fellow players, that's when I leave the game. I'm all for buying maps, it's like buying a video game from the store for an X-Box. It's just when that doesn't keep it equal is when I say it's not fair.

HOWEVER! If non-vanity items had these perks, say, super rare limited edition 1/100,000 chance Pinks, that is fine because everyone has a chance at them, not just the moneybags. YES I know life isn't that way, but it's my opinion as to how it should be when it CAN be. And those of you that say make it permanent: Is it because you bought it and want the perk? Are you worried about wasting plat? If you hadn't bought it, would you feel the same way? What if it was cheaper?

Bottom line: I'M FOR TEMPORARY LUCK.

adwin
03-15-2011, 09:47 PM
1: this whole 11 pages was mostly "debating" about the temporary status of big luck, and nothing constructive came out of it yet
2: since it's a vanity and occasion item, it should be temporary, but 15 plat is a lot (@mooger, not objectively, but rather as a matter of principle). 5 plat is what is should cost.
A lot of ppl rely on tapjoy (android) to get plat, and new offers barely come out once in a while. This is nearly the same as forcing the to buy plat if the want the item, putting people who actually paid for their plat, and hence, have the item, get a serious advantage ingame. => unfair

3: the quest count has been updated, but there have not been any new quests available per se. I've done Annah's daily (once more), and it still shows 43/44 in AO.

Moogerfooger
03-15-2011, 09:53 PM
2: since it's a vanity and occasion item, it should be temporary, but 15 plat is a lot (@mooger, not objectively, but rather as a matter of principle). 5 plat is what is should cost.
A lot of ppl rely on tapjoy (android) to get plat, and new offers barely come out once in a while. This is nearly the same as forcing the to buy plat if the want the item, putting people who actually paid for their plat, and hence, have the item, get a serious advantage ingame. => unfair

Sorry, will have to agree to disagree. Devs gotta make cash somehow, and as pointed out earlier Big Love cost the same I believe and no one howled about it. The price is fair, just a question of whether temporary or not, and I see the points of both sides for/against temporary and said "reserving future judgement til later".

jiroununu
03-15-2011, 09:58 PM
STS needs some income to cover the cost of expanding this game. It's nothing wrong here they put a vanity that increase luck to attract ppl to spend money. Actually it's a really nice business idea which works well too. I log in today and saw the big luck almost on everyones head.
Guys please take a look the numbers of players online. It's 2800 at peak and 900 off-peak which IMO is really bad for a mmorpg. I remember when I started, the numbers are always around 3500.
Plus, the bunch of high lvlers there, they stopped spending, but server is running everyday which cost a lot and there's employees there waiting for their wages.
To the economy problem, I don't think it will have much impact on it Coz it's just give us a extra chance to reroll,not increase drop rate straight ahead. Let's assume drop rate is 1% and big luck give u 10% to reroll, the new drop rate is just 1.1%. Will that ruin economy? I doubt it.
After all, I just feel I should pay some money to support this great game. So I bought 3 big luck.

Pharcyde
03-15-2011, 09:59 PM
5 plat is the cost of a standard vanity item.

15 is a holiday premium item WITH extended "Luck" benefits that are permanent. The price is fine on them.

Also, Big love was way more expensive, and was just for looks.

Lesrider
03-15-2011, 10:02 PM
5 plat is the cost of a standard vanity item.

15 is a holiday premium item WITH extended "Luck" benefits that are permanent. The price is fine on them.

Also, Big love was way more expensive, and was just for looks.

The question here is whether the effects should/will be permanent or not.
As for price, if Big Love was the same, then I don't see why people are complaining about it, even if the effect is temporary. Sure, if you bought it for that one reason alone, I can understand. But many would have bought it regardless.

Pharcyde
03-15-2011, 10:05 PM
1.) Yes, it is incentive to buy them, which stimulates platinum purchase
2.) No, players down the road will make major complaints that it is unfair since they weren't here when they were given.

(Just stating the cold, hard facts).

Lizardfeather
03-15-2011, 10:09 PM
I would rather they make money on maps than on tilting the balance of the game.
Creativity vs. Forcefullness
Yah the latter is going to make more money... That's the void of a lot of MMORPGs

~World of Magic
~Anrufen
~PetsDogs2
~PetsLive
~TapFish
~MyDinos Go!

All these are around the top of the App Store. Hmmm...
And they all appear to be offerin benefits to the people who pay more Hmmm...
They all have 3 Stars and complaints on their reviews.
None of them are on my iPod.

Lesrider
03-15-2011, 10:11 PM
Don't forget Smurfs Village lol. That thing was downloaded and deleted within 5 minutes. Shame, too, bc I like Smurfs!

Pharcyde
03-15-2011, 10:13 PM
I hate all of those apps... Nothing like getting on and seeing "Oh hey, you need to pay $50,000 dollars to enjoy this game, then beyond that, a monthly payment of $400 bucks because the main aspect of the game requires a constant stream of money".....

Moogerfooger
03-15-2011, 10:13 PM
1.) Yes, it is incentive to buy them, which stimulates platinum purchase
2.) No, players down the road will make major complaints that it is unfair since they weren't here when they were given.

(Just stating the cold, hard facts).

Agreed with 1.

And as far as 2, I just say (in my personal opinion), that is just the way it is. Go play WoW, for an example...there are hundreds of items that were only available for specific promotions at certain times and one can no longer get. Whenever I ran across someone with one, I'd ask and find out it was by-gone promotion deal, and sure I'd say "man, too bad I can't get one" but hey, I wasn't around for the promotion and they were...I didn't feel I was entitled to something I wasn't a paying customer/player at the time it was offered. Game makers are not obligated to have every single offer available forever in case other people come along. If they choose to, great....but if not, well that is often the way it is in online gaming :D

Lizardfeather
03-15-2011, 10:14 PM
Most Apps you can buy for money now try to farm you for more 0.o
Don't do it PL!!!

Pharcyde
03-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Agree with you Mooger. Runescape doesn't understand the concept. Players from 2010 feel entitled to a scythe and quit the game because of it, hopefully players like that don't come to PL.

(Rift is offering insane limited time item promotions for buying the game now. These items are waaaayyyy better then any of the game-standard items and pretty much makes oldies gods.)

Lesrider
03-15-2011, 10:23 PM
Sounds like a bad idea. Rift looks cool, but I don't agree with that choice.
Back when I used to play RS years and years ago, the limited time items were vanity items, just like PL (used to be?). So yeah you look cool and feel special, but don't have any advantage over others in regards to gameplay.

If the bonus luck is permanent, there has to be another, permanent, way for players to get the same bonus.

Pharcyde
03-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Les does have a point, WoW is as close to virtual world as it gets, and they have a reason to make insane limitted time items.

It is just a small luck bonus, this means that if they do this, there will be other advantages down the road for others to enjoy.

Ellyidol
03-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Noticed and was pointed out to that the 800 Platinum purchase is not available again.

Moogerfooger
03-15-2011, 10:42 PM
Back when I used to play RS years and years ago, the limited time items were vanity items, just like PL (used to be?). So yeah you look cool and feel special, but don't have any advantage over others in regards to gameplay.

If the bonus luck is permanent, there has to be another, permanent, way for players to get the same bonus.

Why? A lot of the items in WoW (again, just an example) were not just vanity items but had specific bonuses or attributes....and were available for a limited time only. I almost always agree with you, but what is your logic that if at some point during a game's lifecycle an item is offered that may have an attribute bonus, that it must always be offered? WoW is probably the biggest and baddest MMORPG out there, and that is not the case there....as an example.

Lesrider
03-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Why? A lot of the items in WoW (again, just an example) were not just vanity items but had specific bonuses or attributes....and were available for a limited time only. I almost always agree with you, but what is your logic that if at some point during a game's lifecycle an item is offered that may have an attribute bonus, that it must always be offered? WoW is probably the biggest and baddest MMORPG out there, and that is not the case there....as an example.

I never played WoW, but were those bonuses/attributes only available on those items?
And anyway, PL is not WoW. Just because WoW does something, doesn't mean PL has to. Should PL also start charging monthly fees because WoW does? One of the things I've always appreciated about PL is that you couldn't get an advantage over others simply by spending real cash. Now here we're talking about something that not only costs plat and gives an advantage, but can only be gotten for a limited time. It's not in sync with PL's history.

Djinn80
03-15-2011, 10:52 PM
The argument that this should be temporary is silly. Hide Vanity is great.

The "fairness" factor is silly as well. Bears who were able to buy rose wands are now super (below lvl 25 at least) and have an unfair advantage over others. Same deal with "lucky hats". 15 plat should give them an item that lasts forever - thats the benefit they get for being around longer. I'm sure your char has a lot of gear newbies don't have b/c he was around longer.

If someone pays $2.50 for a hat that looks goofy but increases drop rates - fine. They won't be wearing it in PVP so not a big deal really.

But hide vanity would be great b/c everyone wants a vanity item due to the +1 armor but some of the normal hats look pretty cool.

Pharcyde
03-15-2011, 10:56 PM
+1 on vanity wasn't even intended, the devs plan on removing the +1 once they finally get around to it.

noneo
03-15-2011, 11:12 PM
I never played WoW, but were those bonuses/attributes only available on those items?
And anyway, PL is not WoW. Just because WoW does something, doesn't mean PL has to. Should PL also start charging monthly fees because WoW does? One of the things I've always appreciated about PL is that you couldn't get an advantage over others simply by spending real cash. Now here we're talking about something that not only costs plat and gives an advantage, but can only be gotten for a limited time. It's not in sync with PL's history.

But honestly, there has to be some way for the devs to make money. That really is the rudimentary reason for the game to even exist. If that means having people buy special items with real money to give them an edge, then so be it.

adwin
03-15-2011, 11:16 PM
Sorry, will have to agree to disagree. Devs gotta make cash somehow, and as pointed out earlier Big Love cost the same I believe and no one howled about it. The price is fair, just a question of whether temporary or not, and I see the points of both sides for/against temporary and said "reserving future judgement til later".

I never said it should be free, just that 15 plat is kindda up. Comparable to the cost of an entire campaign.

Don't misinterpret me plzkthx. ;]

judgementbow
03-15-2011, 11:25 PM
How is this an advantage that you can only get with plat? Luck elixirs most likely give you more of a bonus than the vanity hat. Even if it's the same %25 chance, if you don't want the hat you can get the same advantage for coins. One Plasma Pyramid run is 2-4 luck elixirs, so that's not a bad trade off at all. If both options were plat only, then there might be a reason to change things. Either way a little extra luck won't be a big game changer in any way. You can run sewers all you want with it and more than likely you'll still take around the same amount of time to get a pink.

Moogerfooger
03-15-2011, 11:35 PM

Note, I said Wow was "an" example, not the only one; they are extremely similar in many, many ways though so I just grabbed it as a convenient example. Some of those bonuses on those items were pretty desirable, like having little sidekick warbots (I can't remember exactly what the name was) that dealt additional damage (kind of like a robot pet) but were tougher than most regular pets...they most certainly gave the user an advantage. Some of them were through free promotions, but others were not completely free.

But I grant ya your point about people not gaining an advantage by spending real cash being a cool attribute of PL. The flip side to that whole argument goes back to the devs need to make money to keep the operation running smoothly. I'm sure they would do it for free if they could, but as asommers once said roughly, "Employees and bandwidth are not free". They are trying to find a good balance of keeping costs to players low, while covering expenses and trying to succeed as well.

I have been gaming a long time, and it is very rare for any game to be completely free and completely fair to all players, and money angles creep into them out of necessity for the game/company to survive. I'd also be willing to bet that some of the players that freak out when the servers go down late on a Saturday night and are happy that an on-call (I'm guessing) STS employee gets them back up quickly are also the ones who talk about "free" the most...without realizing that on-call STS person costs money to provide them 24/7/365 PL addiction coverage :p

Ayrilana
03-15-2011, 11:46 PM
I noticed Bel Sewer quests are now 29/33 instead of 26/30 like previously.

Is it because of daily quest counted as well or ?

The three level 56 quests were changed to count towards the total. You'll still be short those four quests that aren't in the game.

Have anyone noticed there is ---"27"--- FH quests ???

Those "new" quests are actually the crafting ones from Burke. They now count towards the total in Forest Haven.

I noticed they bumped it up from 43 to 44 quests in AO. I was at 42/43 and now 43/44. I got credit for the one I thought I wasn't getting credit for. Now I am confused about where the last quest could be. I have talked to everyone in the town and all of the levels and haven't seen it. I did notice that in General Discussion there is a Quest Guide thread, listing 44 quests in AO, but one of them suggests we talk to Ellie in Forest Haven to get a quest, but she doesn't offer it. Did I miss something or is there still a problem?

It is likely you're missing Ellie's quest. I don't know why it's included when it was only a temporary quest.

Kindread
03-16-2011, 01:43 AM

-ALS

Why make it temporary? It doesn't increase your drop rate percentage per se, it just gives you an occasional reroll as if you drank a luck pot with a really low percentage. I don't see why it can't stay permanent. I don't see how it gives an overwhelmingly unfair advantage to plat paying customers? It's not giving plat customers an uber weapon or armor that cannot be obtained by any other class. It's not giving a player any advantage other than the occasional reroll, which gives a chance for a better drop. A drop that any other player can get as well. Granted the player with the increased luck may have a higher likelyhood of getting the drop than the next person but that doesn't tip the balance. It may make the luckier person richer which in this game does not equate to a game balance problem. There is always going to be someone with more money, that doesn't change game balance. Its just comes down to a matter of wealth and if you have a problem with that, then how come no one has complained about the ability to buy gold with plat? It's the same thing.

I think this is a nice reward for those PL customers who are paying to help support PL besides just buying enough plat to play the game. I don't know how much money other people have spent on this game, but I think I might be one of the people who ranks up there at the top because I really do love this game and don't mind spending money on it. I really appreciate this permanent luck hat because even though it was plat expensive, I'll get to enjoy it for as long as I play the game.

Kindread
03-16-2011, 01:49 AM
And in terms of everyone wearing the same hat and looking the same, just wear it when you fight bosses. No need to be lucky at all times of the days. You only need it when you have that hot date with Roach or the Gold Fever.

Please leave the benefits of the Big Luck hat alone. Peace.

Physiologic
03-16-2011, 01:56 AM
Those who support temporary luck caps do so because:

1. Everyone will look homogeneous if luck helms had permanent bonuses (a majority of players spend time in dungeons, not townes).
2. Less vanity helms bought in the long run, if no bonuses exist for future vanity helms (bad for STS).
3. Luck helms are temporarily offered, but if the luck bonus is permanent then everyone else who missed out on the event won't have a chance to get them, if no future vanity helms with the same bonuses are released.
4. Forces those who have a difficult time to obtain Platinum to purchase a vanity helm just so they can be on par with everyone else.

To be completely fair, the only solution is to keep the luck hat permanently available, or have many more events that gives out vanity hats that increases your drop rate chance. Then again, what's the point in having the hat if everyone has the same increase in drop rates, which is MOST likely to happen?

Fyrce
03-16-2011, 01:58 AM
Early adopters always get things others do not. Unless someone is saying a game should never change.

If you really do not want this to impact elixirs that much, how about make the hat only 5-10% increase in luck vs. 25% for the cheaper luck elixir? Maybe it's already pretty low compared to elixirs.

You'd still have to farm a lot and it's possible if poeple don't see the re-roll very much, people would change the hat out periodically.

A HIDE VANITY option would also be cool.

Physiologic
03-16-2011, 02:08 AM
You have to remember that Halloween items and winter festival items and other discontinued items never had any type of bonus like this before (something that affects your drop rate). If a vanity hat gave you a permanent 2x damage boost and you missed out on it, how would you feel? So far STS has done a great job at preventing feelings like that but I can already imagine disappointment from future players when they realize they missed out on permanent drop rate bonuses. It just wasn't a big deal in the past if items were discontinued because you can easily buy replacement items - but this is a big deal.

And I don't get what the point of Hide Vanity is. Vanity items were created to hide real helms. What's the point in hiding something that's supposed to hide something? That doesn't solve the homogeneous problem, everyone will just be hatless then.

Riccits
03-16-2011, 02:32 AM
i only want to know now if its permanent or not to decide to buy or not...

plz STS, confirm us what u thinking to do!

Ellyidol
03-16-2011, 02:39 AM
A HIDE VANITY option would also be cool.

But that's what the purpose of a vanity helm is, to be seen. Hence the vanity helm.

IMO, they shouldn't have added anything to vanity, since vanity is supposedly only to improve or differentiate your look. A nice holiday ring with a green sparkle would have been good :D Wouldn't mind giving up the stats of a ring for the added drop rate.

jiroununu
03-16-2011, 03:01 AM

1. Everyone will look homogeneous if luck helms had permanent bonuses (a majority of players spend time in dungeons, not townes).
2. Less vanity helms bought in the long run, if no bonuses exist for future vanity helms (bad for STS).
3. Luck helms are temporarily offered, but if the luck bonus is permanent then everyone else who missed out on the event won't have a chance to get them, if no future vanity helms with the same bonuses are released.
4. Forces those who have a difficult time to obtain Platinum to purchase a vanity helm just so they can be on par with everyone else.

To be completely fair, the only solution is to keep the luck hat permanently available, or have many more events that gives out vanity hats that increases your drop rate chance. Then again, what's the point in having the hat if everyone has the same increase in drop rates, which is MOST likely to happen?

1.No one force you to wear big luck all the time. It works like a mini lucky pot, u can change ur hat before boss died just like all the ppl use lucky pot right before boss about to die.
2.How do u know that? I'm pretty sure ppl will running for the new vanity if it looks really sick. again, big luck is just for the boss fight.
3.The one who missed out big luck can use lucky pot. It's just a slightly increase in drop rate which won't help u become a billionare in one week farming. Today i've farmed Cata for more than 50 runs with every teamate with big luck, only one pink dropped, even worse than the days we run before. But it does give ppl more hope to get a pink since they are with the drop rate bonus and thats why majority of the high lvlers bought big luck. Once again, smart move from STS.
4.No one force you to buy anything. It's just a choice. I don't think ppl will at disadventage if they choose to not buying. How many times u have seen lucky pot worked? How many times have u seen ppl without lucky pot loot pink other than someone did? It's all depend on luck,yes,pure luck,no big big difference here.

Riccits
03-16-2011, 03:29 AM

Full agree with u. Iam always counter that plat helps to improve any game success.
But if it remains so as is its fine to have one :)

Necrobane
03-16-2011, 04:16 AM
Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

lUp3
03-16-2011, 04:34 AM
People here are forgetting that many of us bought the hat only when the devs posted its permanent. How is it fair to us if we bought the hat on the pretence of permanent luck. Comparing with big love, people knew they had no advantage just bought. However people were specifically told this is permanent luck.

I am all for the luck ring plan. Keep this hat as it is and once fest is out decrease the drop rate a bit and add rings which have a similar or diminished effect. That is fair. Otherwise I wasted my plats some may say its a small amount but I had no intention of paying for green cloves to come outta my head at any point of time.

Also with regards to item prices dropping many people do use luck elixirs and yet the Fury sword is worth a mil right now. Did not see any economy being affected there. I see atleast one person use luck elixir every run so should there have been a change according to claims made here about the luckk effect affecting the economy.

Luck should remain permanent. Decrease effect later on. And the luck rings should be implemented. That is only fair.

Vanced
03-16-2011, 04:44 AM
My humble virtual 2 gold...

1. Simple cost benifit analysis.... is the generated income worth the mini-uproar? That is for STS to decide but I did spend plat I otherwise wouldn't and sure have seen a lot of Big Lucks around... for all I know could be a 1% bonus chance or less?

2. For the arguments of future players who missed out... someone will complain about something always... and has anyone considered last time I checked St. Patrick's Day comes around every year?

Luchta
03-16-2011, 05:57 AM
I'm still curious why it isn't a ring. I wished we could use two rings and them rings came out every nice event.

Corpser
03-16-2011, 06:06 AM
i did by because it was supposed to be permanent also it needs to be stashable and it will be annoying if i just wasted 15 plat when you nerft the drops -_-

Echelong
03-16-2011, 07:22 AM
Well from what I experienced yesterday it is not a 25 or 35% it is more like a 10% chance of reroll or less. From all the drops we had only 2 people had the chance to reroll and it was for an orange item on BS levels. We got 4 pinks and none where because of the hat and we all 5 had the big luck hats.

Temporary or permanent I don't think this will affect either the game or economy as much as some people think at least from what I experienced. I grouped for a while with Mitsu, DT, Elly, Physio Rae and some others I was only for a couple of hours at most.

I want to ask all the players that have been farming if you truly had a reroll for a pink? and how many times you think you reroll for an item and how many if any where pink?

This isn't to start a debate just to see if we can get a bit more accurate information I am sure Physio and a few others are trying to check out the numbers.

Yvonnel
03-16-2011, 07:28 AM
I going to throw my 2 cents in.

It really doesn't matter to me either way. I usually buy the holiday vanity items anyway. Yes the luck bonus is nice but I would habe bought it without the bonus. However, I ran the sewers last night while wearing it and you know what, no re-roll's for me in a little over 2 hours. I don't think the increase is going to make a huge difference in the amount of pinks that start showing up in the CS.

Thr second point I want to make is remember when the shadow caves were released. A small group started screaming for the devs to nerf the drop rates. Guess what they did. You know whay else, I didn't get to run the caves before the nerf except for 1 run and it was only the first 3 maps because of work. No one complained about the fairness to new players then. I never did get a full shadow set because I refuse to pay the prices listed in the CS (which I think are crazy - but thats another arguement).

Regardless, whatever the devs decide is fine with me. I love PL and its just one of the facts of life "You can't make everyone happy".

noneo
03-16-2011, 07:43 AM
Friends, players, and family of Pocket Legends… over several months, we’ve received suggestions and feedback about the Platinum prices of goods and services. I have to say, from the bottom of my heart, this is the most constructive and articulate community we’ve ever dealt with when trying to understand the changes you all feel are important.

In the past, prices have been somewhat arbitrary, but we think we have a good baseline to move forward with:

1. All Dungeon content will be 10 Platinum per campaign. We will continue to offer bundles that provide significant discounts.
2. Vanity and in-store items will typically range between 5 and 10 Platinum.

Platinum prices will not scale to become more expensive as player levels increase. This means as players level up and check the store for items they can use, they will know how much Platinum they can expect to spend on weapons, armor, etc., if interested.

This also means that although some lower level content areas or items may increase slightly in their Platinum costs, higher level content areas and items (including vanity) will drop significantly in price.

Going forward, players will know what to expect in terms of the store and its prices. Existing players will generally see several price reductions in content areas and items.

As with everything we do, these changes will be fluid and organic. We will continue to respond to your feedback and make adjustments to make the game as fun and enjoyable as possible.

Finally, we will be releasing a new campaign to raise the level cap to 55 very soon. In accordance with our new pricing plan, it will cost 10 platinum.

We will provide more details on this content release soon.

Thanks for playing!

Whatever happened to that statement? :(

StompArtist
03-16-2011, 07:44 AM

Says "Typically" not always :D

noneo
03-16-2011, 07:56 AM
Ah yes, the fine print :p

Echelong
03-16-2011, 08:01 AM

just like Stomp said typically and since this is a limited item it will be more expensive than the others.

Junside
03-16-2011, 08:08 AM
Well from what I experienced yesterday it is not a 25 or 35% it is more like a 10% chance of reroll or less. From all the drops we had only 2 people had the chance to reroll and it was for an orange item on BS levels. We got 4 pinks and none where because of the hat and we all 5 had the big luck hats.

Temporary or permanent I don't think this will affect either the game or economy as much as some people think at least from what I experienced. I grouped for a while with Mitsu, DT, Elly, Physio Rae and some others I was only for a couple of hours at most.

I want to ask all the players that have been farming if you truly had a reroll for a pink? and how many times you think you reroll for an item and how many if any where pink?

This isn't to start a debate just to see if we can get a bit more accurate information I am sure Physio and a few others are trying to check out the numbers.

I got a pink yesterday, and it was not as a result of a re-roll.

Moogerfooger
03-16-2011, 08:08 AM
Regardless, whatever the devs decide is fine with me. I love PL and its just one of the facts of life "You can't make everyone happy".

So very true. Well said.

BeardedBear
03-16-2011, 08:12 AM

While you have some good points, they are all based on you not being as rich as you could be without this vanity hat.

You have to remember that Halloween items and winter festival items and other discontinued items never had any type of bonus like this before (something that affects your drop rate). If a vanity hat gave you a permanent 2x damage boost and you missed out on it, how would you feel? So far STS has done a great job at preventing feelings like that but I can already imagine disappointment from future players when they realize they missed out on permanent drop rate bonuses. It just wasn't a big deal in the past if items were discontinued because you can easily buy replacement items - but this is a big deal.

And I don't get what the point of Hide Vanity is. Vanity items were created to hide real helms. What's the point in hiding something that's supposed to hide something? That doesn't solve the homogeneous problem, everyone will just be hatless then.

Halloween and other holiday items also had armor/hats/weapons and other items, and quite a few. This vanity hat is the only thing that we get for St.Patricks day (and I'm grateful for it, don''t get me wrong), so you can't really compare this to other holiday items. I think people would have been hesitant to buy a temporary 15 plat hat if they knew ahead of time.

This hat doesn't give that much of a re-roll chance. I farmed all yesterday and sure I got re-rolls, but no pinks. I don't think it's as serious as we are making it out to be.

Lizardfeather
03-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Yes we are over-reacting a little bit, but I'm just thinking about what it leads to. Speed bonuses, luck bonuses, hit bonuses, skill bonuses, etc. It's just that you're going to almost NEED plat. for items you could do without.

Ixillicus
03-16-2011, 08:34 AM

I don't think it really adds much of a bonus. I've played for about 6 hours with it, doing pretty quick group runs and i've only seen a few re-rolls, and never for anything higher than green.

I am guessing that it's probably 5%, which is pretty minimal given the low rate of pink drops. I don't think this will have much of an impact if permanent. I feel like the market prices will be most influenced by the increasing number of level 50+ players in the game doing more runs in BS.

Echelong
03-16-2011, 08:41 AM
I don't think it really adds much of a bonus. I've played for about 6 hours with it, doing pretty quick group runs and i've only seen a few re-rolls, and never for anything higher than green.

I am guessing that it's probably 5%, which is pretty minimal given the low rate of pink drops. I don't think this will have much of an impact if permanent. I feel like the market prices will be most influenced by the increasing number of level 50+ players in the game doing more runs in BS.

That is my guess even if its permanent but I really don't care if its permanent or temporary. If it was permanent I would like for devs to give us more variety of bonus from Vanity hats. This would solve the issue and I have an idea/suggestion for vanity hats that I will post later today, that could be implemented and it could help players as well as developers.

Dahitman
03-16-2011, 10:09 AM
Will there be a item set bonus for level 55 sewer king (Archer) set?

KaotiicxDream
03-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Is there any set bonusses for the new gear yet? Sewer and Fury/Raid/Mega?

Echelong
03-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Will there be a item set bonus for level 55 sewer king (Archer) set?

I am waiting for it too. And new items as well we still need 1h weapons and shields for those sets.

Tsarra
03-16-2011, 11:31 AM
While you have some good points, they are all based on you not being as rich as you could be without this vanity hat.

Yup...you always have to keep basic economics in mind. I'm a relatively new player, and I have already purchased this hat because it slightly improves my drop rate. Someone who has an enormous collection of pinks already has a motivation to keep something like this completely out of PL, whereas someone like me (I have like a dozen high level pinks) welcomes an item like this.

I have a feeling that the older players' opinions on this topic are a little biased...but this is the nature of an economic system like PL has, with the fixed items. If we had random items, people would probably be whining a lot less right now.

That is my guess even if its permanent but I really don't care if its permanent or temporary. If it was permanent I would like for devs to give us more variety of bonus from Vanity hats. This would solve the issue and I have an idea/suggestion for vanity hats that I will post later today, that could be implemented and it could help players as well as developers.

Also, they DID ask on another thread if we've been keeping all of our antenna...I haven't had an opportunity to get many of them (I have one), but I imagine all the oldies have a whole set or damned near. You don't think there will be some awesome bonus for those? And I guarantee I'll be left out of that. Will I whine? Probably not.

*sigh* PL people. Here's my thought: leave this in the game, as is. The rich in PL (some of whom I certainly respect) are damned rich enough, and do not need one more red cent. You have people with 3000 items in game and characters that can't even leave town anymore! This is a mobile game, and anything I can do to expand the amount of progress I make in the 10 or so minutes I play it is awesome (yes...10 minutes). This is not WoW. Quit acting like it is. :)

Lesrider
03-16-2011, 11:36 AM
I wish PL had random stat items. It would give me more of a reason to play.

superglut2
03-16-2011, 03:01 PM
I wish this was wow :D

Echelong
03-16-2011, 03:06 PM
I wish this was wow :D

NOOOOO my wife would kill me if I went back to WoW....shhhh

Duped
03-16-2011, 03:55 PM
How is this an advantage that you can only get with plat? Luck elixirs most likely give you more of a bonus than the vanity hat. Even if it's the same %25 chance, if you don't want the hat you can get the same advantage for coins. One Plasma Pyramid run is 2-4 luck elixirs, so that's not a bad trade off at all. If both options were plat only, then there might be a reason to change things. Either way a little extra luck won't be a big game changer in any way. You can run sewers all you want with it and more than likely you'll still take around the same amount of time to get a pink.

That's an excellent point. I have tremendous respect for the senior players who voice their opposition, but I personally bought the item only bc of the statement that the effect would be permanent. I'd like to get a rose wand too, but I can't because I missed my chance.

This also seems to be perfectly in line with every other game I've played. Spending money helps you save time, you can have the same thing, but it takes longer if you don't get plat/points/whatever.

This hat allows you to potentially save time by not having to wait as long to drop something. I know drops are random, and the effect is small, but statistically this allows you the chance to get what you'd like to faster. I also went and bought an itunes card and bought plat to get this item. Someone doesn't want to use plat, use the elixir :)

Pharcyde
03-16-2011, 04:01 PM
I just still can't believe how much debate is going on in this thread, right now, the devs have already voiced their opinions.

1.) They made it permanent for a reason.
2.) JustG stated his opinion by agreeing with someone who said that it should stay permanent
3.) Debating whether it should or should not stay doesn't change the fact that the devs WANT it to be permanent.

Also, this isn't as important to the health and well being of the game as the shadow caves were, so our opinions are not nearly as valuable to the devs on this topic. Not saying its not valuable at all, its just not at the status that it was during shadow cave release.

Lesrider
03-16-2011, 04:10 PM
I just still can't believe how much debate is going on in this thread, right now, the devs have already voiced their opinions.

1.) They made it permanent for a reason.
2.) JustG stated his opinion by agreeing with someone who said that it should stay permanent
3.) Debating whether it should or should not stay doesn't change the fact that the devs WANT it to be permanent.

Also, this isn't as important to the health and well being of the game as the shadow caves were, so our opinions are not nearly as valuable to the devs on this topic. Not saying its not valuable at all, its just not at the status that it was during shadow cave release.

When did G say anything on this matter? I didn't see it if he did.
Only thing I saw from a dev in regards to this was Asommers saying they'd consider making it temporary. How is that a final word on anything?

Lizardfeather
03-16-2011, 08:16 PM
I saw the hat in action (can't post a pic ATM srry) just now. Apparently it acts as a luck potion because it said this guy's (wearing the hat) elixer of luck (no potion icon by his name) had given him a re-roll. It was only an orange item BTW. So this hat is infinite luck pots, which no one uses anyway. Compared to the ridiculous price of 10 plat. for one vs 16k, I believe that this actually fair to people who buy potions via plat (if there were any).

This IS fair, although I still don't agree with the whole 'money for bonuses over other players' concept, I can not think of a monetary-beneficial way to avoid the permabonus. Most games do that, so I guess PL can too...

FearTheSpoon
03-17-2011, 01:40 AM
Honestly the only reason I decided to buy this is for the permanent luck bonus.. If it were to be changed to temporary, that would be fine, but I would hope I would be refunded my platinum. It is hard to say things will be one way and end up changing it after people spend actual money on it. I would be happy to even receive a portion of the platinum back. Maybe lower the price to 5 plats as some suggested. =]

superglut2
03-17-2011, 02:48 AM
Most players, incluing me just bougjt it causr devs said its permament. If they would take it away a lot of players woild wabt a refund includig me.

Keohike
03-17-2011, 02:52 AM
hmmm i didnt know if its perm when i brought it i just knew there was extra luck lol

Kalielle
03-17-2011, 03:18 PM
I wish we had an official announcement on what they decide about this, before the hats go away. If they're permanent I was going to buy a couple more so I don't have to keep stashing them.

Echelong
03-17-2011, 03:22 PM
I wish we had an official announcement on what they decide about this, before the hats go away. If they're permanent I was going to buy a couple more so I don't have to keep stashing them.

Send devs a PM after all you are Kalielle :)

Justg
03-17-2011, 03:30 PM
We'll have the items available through Monday.

We're waiting to see the economic effect to decide if it is permanent or not.

If we remove the luck, we won't be giving refunds... days and days of good luck is worth the plat in our opinion!

StompArtist
03-17-2011, 03:33 PM

If we remove the luck, we won't be giving refunds... days and days of good luck is worth the plat in our opinion!

Not to complain but the original post did say that the effect would be permanent. Perhaps keep the effect and lower the proc could make everyone happy?

Echelong
03-17-2011, 03:40 PM

I'll stay with it no matter what hehe. I don't think there has been much impact on the economy prices have stayed the same. The only concern for a lot of players is that there will be a lot of clones, still don't care I will use my rainbow robe for the style ;-)

When is the new sewer items coming and bonus for the set?

@Kalielle see I told you devs listen when you ask.

Justg
03-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Not to complain but the original post did say that the effect would be permanent. Perhaps keep the effect and lower the proc could make everyone happy?

Understood... not long after that ALS (after listening to the thread comments) said we'll consider making them temporary. We need to see the impact on the economy to be able to make the call. Right now, we are leaning towards keeping it permanent. But that's all we can commit to.

FluffNStuff
03-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Understood... not long after that ALS (after listening to the thread comments) said we'll consider making them temporary. We need to see the impact on the economy to be able to make the call. Right now, we are leaning towards keeping it permanent. But that's all we can commit to.

I can't say I would be happy if the decision was made to make it temporary, but I can say I am glad I am not the one that has to make that decision.

davidis57
03-17-2011, 03:52 PM
luck or no luck I would try to decide on a percentage over value of items placed for sale. So that items would not have exorbant prices. Players can make or break the economy by asking high prices. I have seen this happen to too many mmo's.

superglut2
03-17-2011, 03:57 PM
Many players including me just bought the vanity hat " BIg Luck" because of the statement from justg that it had a permanent increase in luck. It would not be fair to us if justg and other devs changed their minds after they made the statement that it would be permanent. Devs are the only people here that i and many others rely on. If they make statements about content that i / we actually pay for with real money i expect them to stick to the statement.

Echelong
03-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Many players including me just bought the vanity hat " BIg Luck" because of the statement from justg that it had a permanent increase in luck. It would not be fair to us if justg and other devs changed their minds after they made the statement that it would be permanent. Devs are the only people here that i and many others rely on. If they make statements about content that i / we actually pay for with real money i expect them to stick to the statement.

Sadly on the world of MMOs nothing is permanent. Its like Real life everything changes. Devs have to keep everything balanced. You could ask for a refund but that has to be made before They take it out.

Justg
03-17-2011, 04:09 PM

Superglut, if you followed the thread, you would see that asommers (not me) also said it may be temporary. Tell ya what, right now, email support, and we'll refund your purchase.

Djinn80
03-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Please let us know the perminant answer by Monday so those of us on the fence to buy can make our decision then.

I know personally I only like to PVP but would like to have it for days when I need to farm for gold to buy new gear... I won't wear it to PVP though so all good :)

Thanks!

Justg
03-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Djinn, we won't know by Monday unfortunately. Buy now and enjoy or perhaps regret it later!

Junside
03-17-2011, 04:28 PM
As of yet, prices have not changed much.

Physiologic
03-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Shouldn't the hat with a permanent luck bonus be permanently available? I feel bad for new players who start the game the day after the luck hat disappears. When they start to play and understand the game more and more and realize they missed out on permaluck hats, wouldn't they curse their luck (no pun intended)? Unless you guys release more permaluck Vanity items in the future...

Echelong
03-17-2011, 04:32 PM
I am thinking that they will release more vanity items with bonus in the future.

Kalielle
03-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Thank you for the official clarification! Better to know that the decision has been postponed than to wonder if there's been some announcement we missed.

Maybe I'll buy another one anyways. They do look so cute. Should go well with the Sewer plate when my bear reaches 50. :D

ChadM
03-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Either way is fine, and here's why:

If permanent, well, awesome. We all dig it, those who jumped in when we had the chance and spent roughly the cost of a (cheap)cup of coffee. We have something fun that gives you the satisfaction of occasionally seeing a reroll for better loot. The downside is, everyone is sort of forced to wear Big Luck in hopes of chasing down that evasive uber loot, even though we all realize the minuscule increase in chance it actually gives. We would further need to find out how it is affected by also using luck pots, etc. And we would have to deal with the potential decreased value of other vanity items.

If it's not permanent, well...still awesome. Luck pots cost 3 plat per dose, run 5 dungeons and you break even. I've spent a quarter million gold on luck pots in an afternoon farming for level ten Dark Forest pink armor, having free luck for this long for 15 plat is a bargain! If I get lucky and land some uber loot I was farming forever, I just might faint from the awesome overload. And it won't affect the value of anything already in-game. And, come on, 15 plat is the cost of a cup of coffee, it's FREE if you do the tapjoy stuff.

So, we have established that if you are getting upset, you are getting upset over the value of a cup of coffee. A cup of coffee you had in a cafe that lets you hang out and play all day everyday for free, I might add. How upset can you really get if you don't get perma-free refills on that cup of coffee? It came in a special collectors cup!

We also all understand that, for an economy like this to work, there always has to be devaluation of gear. If there is a permanent set of end-game loot to acquire, and it's static, what do we do after we get that gear? The game is always about the chase, we are dogs chasing cars, happiest with dust in our faces blinding us from the larger world. We wouldn't know what to do if we caught the car, the most boring thing I can think of is catching that big shiny Cadillac and having to decide what to do next. Occasionally, the brake lights flicker on and we smack against the back bumper, but that's just how the game is played.

Chillax, guys. This is a bonus, you're welcome. Let's not bite the hand that feeds. We whinge enough, and the path of least resistance for the devs becomes no bonus at all anymore. I like the occasional bonus, and I understand anything I covet now, anything sought after in the moment will almost certainly lose it's luster over time, and that's what is best for all of us.

The devs aren't here to burn us, they don't want to rip anyone off, they want to maintain and grow a happy base of potential customers. Done and done, now get farming while your luck holds out!

I am thinking that they will release more vanity items with bonus in the future.
I hope so, man. I really do. But if we whine enough, they may decide it's just not worth the trouble...

Physiologic
03-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Chad just Remember that Droid users only get like 10 tapjoy offers at most. One new offer comes out like every couple of days :p

Edit: I just looked at the tapjoy wall on my Droid and I only see 3 offers for free plat hehe :)

ChadM
03-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Chad just Remember that Droid users only get like 10 tapjoy offers at most. One new offer comes out like every couple of days :p

Free bonus, you're welcome? Stay on top of it, get free loot. Sounds like a plan to me...

Physiologic
03-17-2011, 05:35 PM
Hmm I'm not sure how much free Tapjoy offers for the Droid were available since March 15 (when the hats just came out). If I completed 3 Tapjoy offers today for 3 Platinum, then tomorrow I'd expect 1-2 more offer to appear. Since the offer ends on Monday the 21st, that's 10-11 Platinum maximum achievable for a Droid user using just Tapjoy. Not that I have a problem purchasing Plat, but it's incredibly difficult or impossible for Droid users to gather enough Platinum (if they started off from 0 today) simply from Tapjoy offers if they tried free offers starting today.

AzaToth
03-17-2011, 06:02 PM
I've pondered through this thread and have come to the conclusion that what is needed is a way to give players incentive not to wear the item.
A way to achieve this is to after this week add some sort of negative attribute to the item that will to some extent weight up to the gain of luck. For the luck item in particular I've compiled a list of three different attributes that could make sense:

When wearing the item you are moving slower, this due to you have to drag that big bag of expensive items you've collected.
When wearing the item you will loose money over time, as it can bee seen in the animation that you drop coins all the time
When you wear the item you will make less damage as you are trusting your luck to too much and forgot to train

Also unless it's already possible, the item should be tradeable and giftable (not sure it's a word).

Lesrider
03-17-2011, 06:20 PM
Shouldn't the hat with a permanent luck bonus be permanently available? I feel bad for new players who start the game the day after the luck hat disappears. When they start to play and understand the game more and more and realize they missed out on permaluck hats, wouldn't they curse their luck (no pun intended)? Unless you guys release more permaluck Vanity items in the future...

Yep, this issue has not been adressed yet. Unless the devs don't see this as a problem...

FluffNStuff
03-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Y'all so silly.

Physiologic
03-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Yep, this issue has not been adressed yet. Unless the devs don't see this as a problem...

Underling assumption is that more items with bonuses will be avail in the future. And damn right Fluff, seems like my initial suggestion was met with death threats :D I love the internet.

Lesrider
03-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Underling assumption is that more items with bonuses will be avail in the future. And damn right Fluff, seems like my initial suggestion was met with death threats :D I love the internet.

When you assume you make an *** out of you and me. <groan>

So far that has been only speculation from other players. Until a dev says something of the sort, it's a rumor and nothing else.

Yvonnel
03-17-2011, 06:32 PM
Good lord. This arguement is still going on?

LMAO!!!!!

FluffNStuff
03-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Would you call a turtle from the bay turtle bay or would that be silly?

Physiologic
03-17-2011, 06:41 PM
I wouldn't say argument. The original Greek forums were like this too. My suggestion was simply met with disagreement :p if there were no disagreements this would just be a general message board.

FluffNStuff
03-17-2011, 06:48 PM
That makes no sense phys. Are you saying all turtles are Greek or that bays tend to argue?

Physiologic
03-17-2011, 06:51 PM
All Greek turtles like to argue.

Lesrider
03-17-2011, 07:09 PM
At least you two understand each other :P

jiroununu
03-17-2011, 07:58 PM
It's a free speaking world. U can make any opinions u want. But the decision is made by devs. Looks like they love to stick as the bonus remain permanent. Justg made it quite clear buy now or regret after monday.
For the unfairness of the future player missing out this oportunity, what I see is theres always something on special in the supermarket, but it won't stay on special price forever. And there will be something else on special later. Maybe look at that way? U just can't make everyone happy.

jiroununu
03-17-2011, 08:03 PM
For the big luck impact on economy, I farmed cata yesterday 4 hours with full group of big luck seen 2 pink drop, neither of them is Coz of big luck proc. Today I farmed cata for 3 hours with full group of big luck without seen 1 pink drop. From my countless cata run experience, it didn't raise the drop rate at all. Maybe it will help in the long term, but economy won't get any impact lately. U can see there's still less than 5 gemstone sword in cs and 1 for gemstone wand.

Lesrider
03-17-2011, 08:08 PM
It's a free speaking world. U can make any opinions u want. But the decision is made by devs. Looks like they love to stick as the bonus remain permanent. Justg made it quite clear buy now or regret after monday.
For the unfairness of the future player missing out this oportunity, what I see is theres always something on special in the supermarket, but it won't stay on special price forever. And there will be something else on special later. Maybe look at that way? U just can't make everyone happy.

G basically said it's up to us to take the risk -- they won't tell us whether or not it's permanent until after Monday.

As for your specials at the supermarket, we're not simply talking about sales here. Sales are everywhere, and yes, part of this game too (you usually save money if you buy maps after they've been out for a while and are part of a package). But we're talking about an item being available now and not being available later. And an item that gives a bonus that is unique to this item. So your analogy doesn't work. Unless this is the direction PL is headed in (offering one-time only items with unique benefits), the bonus should either be temporary or available on other items in the future as well.

FluffNStuff
03-17-2011, 08:18 PM
So the peppermint hammer and heart wand should be temporary also? They both definitely give an advantage to those around when they were available.

Pharcyde
03-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Especially since they are so good in PvP. Every event seems to be giving another limitted item that is even better then the last one in PvP.

Physiologic
03-17-2011, 08:26 PM
So the peppermint hammer and heart wand should be temporary also? They both definitely give an advantage to those around when they were available.

Especially since they are so good in PvP. Every event seems to be giving another limitted item that is even better then the last one in PvP.

Yep - That's the addiction with PvP twink weapons and how users will always pay up more Platinum/USD for them. Very smart marketing strategy. They are now extending it beyond PvP twink borders with this new luck hat. Which is why I was so against it, lol.

Lesrider
03-17-2011, 08:26 PM

I dunno, I don't pvp so I paid no attention to those items. I have no idea how they compare to other items of the level, and I wouldn't give input since I know nothing about it and it makes no difference to me.

But if others have a problem with that, maybe they should speak up. Or maybe because no one DID speak up, the devs figure it's ok to have limited time plat items that offer advantages over others. I was under the impression that STS was against selling items with plat that are better than lootable items. Maybe that's changed, and the community was quiet about it, so it's the new norm.

rocket
03-17-2011, 09:14 PM
I've pondered through this thread and have come to the conclusion that what is needed is a way to give players incentive not to wear the item.
A way to achieve this is to after this week add some sort of negative attribute to the item that will to some extent weight up to the gain of luck. For the luck item in particular I've compiled a list of three different attributes that could make sense:

When wearing the item you are moving slower, this due to you have to drag that big bag of expensive items you've collected.
When wearing the item you will loose money over time, as it can bee seen in the animation that you drop coins all the time
When you wear the item you will make less damage as you are trusting your luck to too much and forgot to train

This sounds like a good compromise to me. Though I would make it something simpler like -5 armor or -5 damage. Of course then everyone would keep it off until the boss is about to die.

Another option is to limit the amount of Procs that the hat gives. Something along the lines of 200 procs and then it is deactivated. That way, it is only used when you really want to improve your chances.

ChadM
03-17-2011, 09:19 PM
What we need is more cowbell.

TANKKAAR
03-17-2011, 09:43 PM

-ALS

This is awesome... 15plat well spent :-)

noneo
03-17-2011, 09:45 PM
This is awesome... 15plat well spent :-)

Don't get your hopes up lol, there is talk of the big luck being temporary

Kindread
03-17-2011, 10:02 PM
What we need is more cowbell.

Damn straight!

Djinn80
03-19-2011, 05:36 PM
So I paid 15 plat and no big luck just yet... I can't see a reason to make this temporary. Don't nix it Monday at least - nothing's changed as of yet in the economy. I've spet over 4 hours on meatheads deli and nothing special dropped yet (one gem). I had better luck in the past spending $3k on a luck elixer...

giayuan
03-19-2011, 07:30 PM
So I paid 15 plat and no big luck just yet... I can't see a reason to make this temporary. Don't nix it Monday at least - nothing's changed as of yet in the economy. I've spet over 4 hours on meatheads deli and nothing special dropped yet (one gem). I had better luck in the past spending $3k on a luck elixer...

of course -_- youre spending money. This hat is basically free after paying once.

Luchta
03-19-2011, 08:29 PM
I wish there was a way to actually understand how the loot roll works. Or is there?

Pharcyde
03-19-2011, 08:34 PM

Also unless it's already possible, the item should be tradeable and giftable (not sure it's a word).

I'm sorry, but I totally disagree with your opinion. This would be a bad marketing strategy for the devs. I, and most likely many other players would demand a refund if they implemented this.

This would be a dupe purchase, since many players were under the impression when they bought it, then it no longer gives the effects that they bought it for.

I wish there was a way to actually understand how the loot roll works. Or is there?

I understand it, it's just complicated to explain.

The Big-Luck hat works exactly the same as the cheap Luck Elixir in the platinum shop. Then Little-Luck shouldn't give luck, but it does. So my only theory on it is that it will have the same effects as Big-Luck until the event ends, then Big-Luck will still keep its effect.

davidis57
03-19-2011, 11:44 PM
My feelings are that BS needs to give more xp and gold. Pink drops are infrequent even with the luck item. Lvl 56 grind is not enough to do runs for hours at a time. Those who are 56 already will agree of all the hours doing runs and spending for pots for what? Now they are bored and doing runs to get those elite items which are not much better than the cheap stuff. I am not complaining just telling it like it is. I am 60 yrs old and have played games since mid 80's. Just about any computer mmorpg I played it at one time or another. Maintaining balance and interest is the hardest thing in a game. Dev's this is your task maintain balance while keeping players interest. New lvls are not the answer but will help in the future. Games are supposed to be fun. If your grinding all the time thats like work and no fun.

Btw- I enjoyed questing for the mystery items. That was fun.

Pharcyde
03-19-2011, 11:49 PM
BS is the deflation dungeon.

1.) Reduces total amount of gold in game, which is getting too high.
2.) Without the low drop rates, the market would be flooded and dead cheap. Items are already flooded now, weapons on cs list is really long. The only reason the price is high is because people are keeping them high hoping they sell.

I do agree with you about exp, exp grinding is as it sounds, work. All games have tedious branches of boring and long grinders, but I thought this was a casual MMO. I like the elite idea, I just don't find it fun, nor do a lot of players.

Note: Item prices aren't too high. you can get 1,000,000 gold for the Gemstone Wand in 12 hours of PP farming, or 4-6 hours of hardcore croc boss farming. Then you can do it the old school way, farm for the items yourself.

davidis57
03-20-2011, 12:23 AM
I really dont care about the drops. It is nice to get one once in awhile. The xp is my only real concern. Keeping it fun is. I agree if I need gold running PP or crush is the way to go.

Kindread
03-20-2011, 01:52 AM
I don't think the elite level 56 was meant to be attained by so many people. Basically it's just something to look forward to while you were farming or whatnot after hitting the cap. With ao3, once you hit the cap you were just farming for drops and it got pointless. They put this level in so at least there would be something to work Towards while farming. People are looking at it as if you have to get there and it's unfair that it takes so much grinding and work. Imagine if you hit 55 and that elite level wasn't there. It'd be ao3 all over again waiting for the next campaign. Your perspective is all wrong.

lUp3
03-20-2011, 03:09 AM
Maybe they should let people gain xp in Shadow caves. Its fun playing there -> a challenge. Needs a good team. Also they could come up with some elite quests like nightmare for shadows (please not 1000 tho :D) Questing is the most fun part of rpg its kinda lost in the sewers because of all the pink craze thats going on and even I felt a refreshing change in doing the AO quests. Just my opinion

davidis57
03-20-2011, 04:28 AM
I disagree that my perspective is wrong. Keeping the game fun is. I do sewer runs but after I have done 15-20 or so. I am ready to do something else. Farming and grinding sewers gets old very quickly. My goal is not 56. I am 55 and play it for fun. Thats the point here is fun.

Luchta
03-20-2011, 05:37 AM
I understand it, it's just complicated to explain.

The Big-Luck hat works exactly the same as the cheap Luck Elixir in the platinum shop. Then Little-Luck shouldn't give luck, but it does. So my only theory on it is that it will have the same effects as Big-Luck until the event ends, then Big-Luck will still keep its effect.

To be specific with my question:

1. Does the loot roll actually have colors in the list like green, orange, purple and pink?

2. Does the elixir of luck do it like "who wants to be a millionaire" style where you remove some junk colors?

This is what I'd like to know myself. I've spent a lot of gold on elixir of luck and surprisingly, I've looted all the pinks in my game lifetime without the elixir.

FluffNStuff
03-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Just pointing out some things:
1) Those that farmed the shadow caves before the nerf have an advantage.
2) Gold Fever puts his pants on one leg at a time.
3) Those that created characters early enough got 250 Inventory Slots on em and have an advantage.
4) Gold Fever Really explores the studio space.
5) Those that farmed mega maze mash up before the nerf have and advantage.
6) Gold Fever is gonna want that cowbell on the track.
7) Those that farmed AO1 before the nerf have and advantage.
8) Gold Finger has the fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
9) Those that joined early got 4 free slots and have an advantage.
10) Gold Finger wears Gold Plated Diapers.
11) Those that rushed TPaxx have an advantage.
12) Never question Gold Finger.

ChadM
03-20-2011, 05:11 PM
3) Those that created characters early enough got 250 Inventory Slots on em and have an advantage.

Best post ever award goes, once again, to Fluff!

Pharcyde
03-20-2011, 05:13 PM
To be specific with my question:

1. Does the loot roll actually have colors in the list like green, orange, purple and pink?

2. Does the elixir of luck do it like "who wants to be a millionaire" style where you remove some junk colors?

This is what I'd like to know myself. I've spent a lot of gold on elixir of luck and surprisingly, I've looted all the pinks in my game lifetime without the elixir.

1.) actually has the colors in the list? What happens when you kill a enemy, you automatically have a loot roll. It's like a 1000 sided dice. Whatever the dice randomly lands on is your loot you get. Then when you get a re-roll, you roll TWO dice, and you are given the better loot of the two rolls.

2.) like guaranteeing high value drops? No. I just got a ton of white, yellow and green re-rolls that said You ARE Lucky!

The elixir of luck and Big-Love are both based on 100% luck as well, and it has been VERY lucky for me these last few days.

Not to mention that people had an advantage who rushed ao3
People who farmed the bank vault before it was nerfed had an advantage
Ipod users had a massive advantage over droid users, 3 limited time items and a holiday event extra.
Christmas users have a advantage, fairly good gear all the way up to 50, and items high in value.
People who enjoyed the unlimitted boss glitch in lost expidition and the swamps had a advantage
People who were around to farm fridge and vyxnaar while the items were really expensive had a advantage
People who obtained discountinued items without purchasing them after the fact had a advantage, like level 46+ ao2 items.

Riccits
03-21-2011, 02:43 AM
BS is the deflation dungeon.

1.) Reduces total amount of gold in game, which is getting too high.

i think devs want it so. in future dungeons the prices wont never be so high as now. ppl will be poorer in average. that will keep more ppl playing and looting items and trading for instead of selling and buying.
PL dont need much money, just for buying mana and health pots. rest is all luxury.

Luchta
03-21-2011, 05:43 AM
Got that right. There's no other place you can earn money at the moment except for AO2 and AO3. Shadow caves and Sewers will cost you a lot of pots and deaths. LOL!

Gudluvin
03-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Having picked up the Big luck with the understanding it was always going to be there, I'll be expecting a refund should it change.

Luchta
03-21-2011, 09:52 AM
I think that's why they called it holiday items unless a lot of people didn't understand it correctly. I guess the devs need to figure a way out how to go about this. But I think it should be permanent for all it's worth.

bravemenrun
03-21-2011, 07:58 PM
I checked this thread so I would be clear on what I was buying. It was pretty clear in the original response it was to be perminent. That's a pretty big 180 to take after selling these to everyone. As a customer and a salesman I find that trust does matter. Food for thought.

neko
03-22-2011, 03:00 PM
I checked this thread so I would be clear on what I was buying. It was pretty clear in the original response it was to be perminent. That's a pretty big 180 to take after selling these to everyone. As a customer and a salesman I find that trust does matter. Food for thought.

Confirmed by the most recent patch (56042) Big Luck "still gives its wearers a little luck when the item is worn."

bravemenrun
03-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Edit** read the latest patch notes, good deal.