PDA

View Full Version : Why Do We Still Play?

Sheugokin
03-11-2015, 08:50 PM
This is a complex issue that you yourself need to evaluate the reasons behind your persistence to play a so-called "dead" game.

I have thought of some possible reasons, some more common among people than others.

1) Investment- Especially oldies and platinum buyers, people have spend so much time and money on this WONDERFUL game.

I have been playing PL for almost 4 years now and some people almost five years. What people need to understand is that this game was and maybe still is their only source of entertainment and release of stress, anger, depression, you name it.

2) Friends- I have met some of my best friends in PL. Some friends are a little kooky I may add but after all each and every TRUE friend is there for a reason, emotional support.

3) PvP or PvE- Maybe one of the weakest point, but that is what the game is based on right?

4) The undying ambition to believe there still will perhaps be progression in the game- Self explanatory.

Giazagilur
03-11-2015, 09:27 PM
I think you mostly said it all and I wholeheartedly agree.
1) Time investment - I've definitely spent a considerable amount of time on this game. 3-4 years of playing this game is a lot. It is only inevitable that I become attached to this game whether it be physically by playing the game, or emotionally by never forgetting the fond memories I've experienced.

2) Friends - PL is NOTHING without it's social community. The friends I have made, the new friends I have yet to make, the ignorant/annoying/etc. players I've unfortunately had to encounter - they all make up the fun of PL imo.

3) PvP or PvE - As you mentioned this is the base of PL. This is the common-ground that allows all players to meet and connect. It is perfect for the needed, or perhaps unneeded, distraction from life. It's a time-killer when boredom strikes.

4) Undying ambition - I'm not sure if you meant with regards to STS not abandoning the game, or to players striving to improve. Either way I'm more for the latter. I play PL not only for all the reasons mentioned above, but because I wish to become a better player and learn the strategies of a successful mage :) Although my time for PL has dramatically decreased, thiswhole list of reasons is why I can never officially quit PL..but who knows :topsy_turvy:

Waug
03-11-2015, 09:28 PM
How it's 'dead'? Whenever I join belefort, it's full, always pvp-ctf games are going on, alot tron members are starting to join PvP because of no new pve content, surely pl is getting old age but its not dead yet.

Giazagilur
03-11-2015, 09:32 PM
How it's 'dead'? Whenever I join belefort, it's full, always pvp-ctf games are going on, alot tron members are starting to join PvP because of no new pve content, surely pl is getting old age but its not dead yet.

Also I forgot to mention this. Although a lot of players have quit or taken breaks, there are still many other players who still play. I, too, thought the game would die after STS made the announcement of no more updates. Surprisingly there are always many people to play with (:

bglir
03-11-2015, 10:56 PM
This is a complex issue that you yourself need to evaluate the reasons behind your persistence to play a so-called "dead" game.

I have thought of some possible reasons, some more common among people than others.

1) Investment- Especially oldies and platinum buyers, people have spend so much time and money on this WONDERFUL game.

I have been playing PL for almost 4 years now and some people almost five years. What people need to understand is that this game was and maybe still is their only source of entertainment and release of stress, anger, depression, you name it.

2) Friends- I have met some of my best friends in PL. Some friends are a little kooky I may add but after all each and every TRUE friend is there for a reason, emotional support.

3) PvP or PvE- Maybe one of the weakest point, but that is what the game is based on right?

4) The undying ambition to believe progression in the game- Self explanatory.

I still play and same reasons as yours above and continue to play as long as i don't go against stg rules.

Sheugokin
03-11-2015, 11:05 PM
I still play and same reasons as yours above and continue to play as long as i don't go against stg rules.

Being a janitor of PL is against the rules
Now what? :)

JK. 4ev be bes janitor :)

Suentous PO
03-11-2015, 11:07 PM
I like pretty colors move here and there! I am like the flashing lights much also and peepul talk to me not scared of my hidious deformiteez.
In the pocket wurld my heppy bird has much many muney But real life they slide sandwich under door twice day.
Ty

Oldcoot
03-12-2015, 03:12 AM
You DA man po.

Ssneakykills
03-12-2015, 04:11 AM
Making the most out of it before its gone

anahadaz
03-12-2015, 04:32 AM

I think that's why most of us still play

bglir
03-12-2015, 06:24 AM

Kids don't forget to close the toilet seat covers after use and flush, Janitors work is still carrys on even everyone gone.:emmersed:

omglelz
03-12-2015, 06:25 AM
I think that's why most of us still play

Same (btw it's me, don't say who but hint: SwagSwag)

Ignitedmage
03-12-2015, 08:26 AM
I play only for friends and pvp. I still love rushing people and doing pvp after getting scammed and also after alot of stress from studyi want a break which is only be full-filled by this game.

In simple words, i play it because i love it :)

angeldawn
03-12-2015, 08:42 AM
Friends are the only reason I still play and still log on daily.

The friendships and bonds many of us made in PL is what makes us loyal to PL. We all come on to play together.

With the new Champs game not having a town and losing such an important part of that social aspect that so many of us PLers enjoy, it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Mrrobbinhood
03-12-2015, 09:10 AM
PvP is the only reason i play PL now and i PvP to be in "Leaderboards" :D

Groaning
03-12-2015, 01:11 PM
FRIENDS cuz i has nun irl :(

Ubernewber
03-12-2015, 01:17 PM

2) Friends-

What Are "Friends", i play to make enemies like @D-: :victorious:

Epw
03-12-2015, 02:11 PM
making the most out of it before its gone
so true!

omglelz
03-12-2015, 03:27 PM
omgomglellz

bglir
03-12-2015, 10:04 PM
I play only for friends and pvp. I still love rushing people and doing pvp after getting scammed and also after alot of stress from studyi want a break which is only be full-filled by this game.

In simple words, i play it because i love it :)

Cool, another happy costumer hehe, enjoy my friend.

Ignitedmage
03-12-2015, 10:07 PM
Cool, another happy costumer hehe, enjoy my friend.

Thanks, Enjoy too :)

Motivating
03-14-2015, 03:45 AM
Well, I get banned from CSGO a lot soooo...

Iaintcuard
03-14-2015, 09:22 AM
I play in the hunt of a three ring even though it will probably never happen

Fwend
03-15-2015, 12:41 AM
I play for the pure love of the game.

It's so relaxing after a long day, I still find it enjoyable killing the mobs and being rewarded a pink for my efforts. I love farming.

I play to spend time with my online friends, we meet so many different people from all over the world. That's the beauty of PL.

It's rewarding to help others on the game. I recall starting off and having nothing, the struggle to get gear and how to level up and where. Now I can give back and help others.

Sheugokin
03-15-2015, 12:15 PM
I play for the pure love of the game.

It's so relaxing after a long day, I still find it enjoyable killing the mobs and being rewarded a pink for my efforts. I love farming.

I play to spend time with my online friends, we meet so many different people from all over the world. That's the beauty of PL.

It's rewarding to help others on the game. I recall starting off and having nothing, the struggle to get gear and how to level up and where. Now I can give back and help others.

#Preach

DAT FOUNDER'S BEAR :) (One of the only genuine founders left)