PDA

View Full Version : Spacetime's cross-platform technology

Castellann
03-13-2015, 06:02 AM
Dear devs,

Can u tell more about that?

So its like if you got dc or got a call, bot will play instead of you, right? Or i got it wrong?

Zysoulthief
03-13-2015, 06:05 AM
if you get dc, your character goes offline on everyone's game

Castellann
03-13-2015, 06:19 AM
if you get dc, your character goes offline on everyone's game

Read it
http://toucharcade.com/2015/03/12/gdc-2015-hands-on-with-impressive-speed-moba-call-of-champions/

"Spacetime's cross-platform technology remains impressive. Oh, and if you drop out of a game for whatever reason, a bot will pick right up for you, and you can rejoin that game as soon as you get internet back."

For example TWBA
There if you are not active a certain time, a bot starts playing instead of you , and everyone gets a notice bout it.
When you come back , you get an ask to join back , or let the bot to play on your place.
So if you got a dicision to join back , everyone will get a notice that the bot doesnt play anymore , and you play

Zysoulthief
03-13-2015, 07:51 AM
interesting

Waug
03-13-2015, 08:43 AM
Cross platform means playable with different OS (android iOS) in one single server. The bot thingy is different, it will just like a Autobot play for u to the game get going (at least it won't ruin other's gameplay) and yours too, if you can come back quickly.

Castellann
03-13-2015, 09:36 AM
Cross platform means playable with different OS (android iOS) in one single server. The bot thingy is different, it will just like a Autobot play for u to the game get going (at least it won't ruin other's gameplay) and yours too, if you can come back quickly.

oh yes! The mess in my thread :) Ty for ur response

DivineMoustache
03-15-2015, 09:10 PM
This auto-bot thing sounds terrible imo, how are they going to design it to play with two other people? I envision people exploiting auto-bots as well if someone AFKs and farming them hard in every team fight initiation. The game lasts five freaking minutes. I feel like programming the AI to actually be decent will take away from other aspects that are actually important.

Waug
03-15-2015, 09:25 PM
^ lol, the Autobot is not like that, its algorithmic based bot, let's say for example how overlord or any other boss or any other mob plays?

Castellann
03-15-2015, 11:37 PM
^ lol, the Autobot is not like that, its algorithmic based bot, let's say for example how overlord or any other boss or any other mob plays?

ik now. ty

DivineMoustache
03-16-2015, 09:40 PM

Oh you mean a boss that has a certain pattern to killing it every time? Pretty sure people will find a pattern within a bot that will make it easily killable just like any other boss in PL.

Also, it's a waste of time if matches are going to last only 5 minutes. I'd rather them spend some time spicing up other aspects of the game.

Castellann
03-16-2015, 11:21 PM

Oh you mean a boss that has a certain pattern to killing it every time? Pretty sure people will find a pattern within a bot that will make it easily killable just like any other boss in PL.

Also, it's a waste of time if matches are going to last only 5 minutes. I'd rather them spend some time spicing up other aspects of the game.

I mean what i mean. I told about auto bot system. Sry if my thread have a mess. Anyway i got the answer from STS about it.

Remiem
03-24-2015, 10:48 AM
Looks like you guys have a pretty good grasp on this. Basically, if any player disconnects from the game at any point in the match a bot will take over the character so that their team is not left high and dry. When they come back online they will be able to pick the character back up as long as the game is still in progress. Spacetime Studios has many years of experience developing AI for our MMO titles, so the AI in Champions builds on that knowledge to be as seamless and effective as possible. For reference, during one match at SXSW a device went out on the red team's side, causing their third player to be picked up by a bot. The shoutcasters didn't even notice, and the ended up still winning! AFK? No big deal.