PDA

View Full Version : Help: big luck question

Dalonewolf
03-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Hey since the new vanity came out, ive been wondering if i should spend a whopping 15 plat on this. I love how it looks but for 15 plat for a temporary luck bonus is not catching me. Now i just need to know if this is a permanent bonus or a temporary one. If it is permanent ill gladly buy it. If its temporary i wouldn't consider it as much. So STS community, please answer my question as i don't want to waste money on two clovers

Zeus
03-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Either way, it is worth it to buy :D.

Pharcyde
03-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Does it have a luck bonus on it?

And past the event, it will become a discountinued holiday item. For some that is enough to spend the 15 plat. So it is up to you to decide that one. I am a crazy holiday item collector, so it it worth it to me to buy.

Also, a few years from now, you will have a item that hardly any players have if your still around, and that instantly makes it priceless.

Zeus
03-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Does it have a luck bonus on it?

And past the event, it will become a discountinued holiday item. For some that is enough to spend the 15 plat. So it is up to you to decide that one. I am a crazy holiday item collector, so it it worth it to me to buy.

Also, a few years from now, you will have a item that hardly any players have if your still around, and that instantly makes it priceless.

It gives a chance like the luck potion for a reroll for a better item.

Pharcyde
03-15-2011, 08:40 PM
It gives a chance like the luck potion for a reroll for a better item.

Oooo nice!

Zeus
03-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Oooo nice!

Ikr? I loved this! I hope it is permanent.

Pharcyde
03-15-2011, 08:45 PM
Ikr? I loved this! I hope it is permanent.

I doubt it, it is too good of a reward that many future players who missed out on this event will complain about. Would be nice if it was permanent.

KingFu
03-15-2011, 08:48 PM
I don't think it's worth it. The luck is nearly useless IMO. For 15 plat, you get the 25 (or so) percent chance to re roll, then let's say you do re roll, it doesn't guarantee better loot, it is the same as basically killing another boss, and looting another item, just this way you get the better item (if you do re roll) so it doesn't improve rates, just gives you the slight chance of getting another shot at loot, not necessarily better. For 15 plat, I wouldn't.

RATTANSINGHNAGRA
03-15-2011, 08:55 PM
What does re-roll mean? Like is there an option that pops out after you get an item that lets you decide if you want to keep it or reroll lol

Sanatorium
03-15-2011, 09:02 PM
What does re-roll mean? Like is there an option that pops out after you get an item that lets you decide if you want to keep it or reroll lol
It'd be nice if it was like that haha, but sadly no.
Re-roll is when you acquire an item the drop system re-rolls it and makes it a 25% chance that it'll be a better item.
You'll receive the re-rolled item, but not the original.

Pharcyde
03-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Nope Rattansinghnagra.

It means that you have a 25% to get two loot rolls. The concept is hard to explain.

So, when you kill a enemy with big love equipped, you have a 1/4 chance to get a re-roll. Then once you get a re-roll, it is just a second item drop. Then the system decides which item of the two you got is more valuable and gives it to you. It doesn't mean you have a 25% chance at getting a pink item. I usually still get crappy items when I re-roll, such as white and yellow items.

Edit: beat me to it Sanatorium :).

Dalonewolf
03-15-2011, 09:09 PM
Thanks ill probably end up buying it ill just wait until tomarrow

Vallist
03-15-2011, 09:21 PM
Lil' Luck does not give a drop bonus, it's just a vanity item.

The ability for Big Luck to grant Lil' Luck will go away in a few days. Big Luck will always give the player a drop bonus while equipped.

-ALS

i hope this explains it

Pharcyde
03-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks, that does help. Very important vanity! :D

Conradin
03-15-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm getting a iTunes card timings just for this item.

Tengotengo
03-15-2011, 11:20 PM
It pushed me over the edge on buying more plat. I was going to scrape plat from tapjoy for respecs, but this made me go get 75. I hope it's permanent.

superglut2
03-16-2011, 12:11 AM
Yea spend 15 for extra luck aswell, even if i get 1 more item to sell every round it will still be worth it after a few months cause of the extra gold.

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 12:11 AM
Um I bought two cause theyre cute.

Conradin
03-16-2011, 12:13 AM
Um I bought two cause theyre cute.

Charming people travel in style...

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 12:15 AM
Charming people travel in style...

They do! Ladylove has big luck and big love. Then to match with outfits, Scarletlady is decked out in red and has big love and Missdevilish is decked out in green with big luck.

RedRyder
03-16-2011, 12:25 AM
They do! Ladylove has big luck and big love. Then to match with outfits, Scarletlady is decked out in red and has big love and Missdevilish is decked out in green with big luck.

scarletlady wut??? you totally bit off my char.

JNass
03-16-2011, 12:26 AM
so would it help for farming 5-15 recipies?

Riccits
03-16-2011, 02:41 AM
when its permanent its definetly worth to buy even gives only a 10% chance to reroll. once bought it works all the time and when u kill 10 bosses u kill like 11 without spending anything more.

Luchta
03-16-2011, 02:51 AM
Everyone should buy it so that lots of people can loot nice pinks. That's the only justification I can think of so I can buy the ones I want cheaper. So you buy them clovers and I'll farm the gold. Fair enough?

karmakali
03-16-2011, 04:45 AM
Okay...so I spent the 15 plat...got the "Big Luck".
First game in - friend got pink recipe drop
Second game in - I got Fury helmet
Sixth run- Mega Mage robe for me!
So far....definately worth the 15 plat :)

Keohike
03-16-2011, 04:46 AM

O man i got some white, some orange and a green, where is my luck???????????

karmakali
03-16-2011, 04:53 AM
Ikr! That's usually me. I have epic fail luck. Probably won't see another pink until Level 99 or something. But right now....I am a happy (and no longer broke) chick!

Keohike
03-16-2011, 04:56 AM
Ikr! That's usually me. I have epic fail luck. Probably won't see another pink until Level 99 or something. But right now....I am a happy (and no longer broke) chick!

Yes i have never won anything in my life. Wait i did win a book lol when i was grade like 2 in my 22 yrs on this earth. :( Something are just not meant to be.

Riccits
03-16-2011, 05:08 AM

but was it through a re-roll? when not, the big luck hadnt matter about those drops.

Keohike
03-16-2011, 09:52 AM
I don't think it's worth it. The luck is nearly useless IMO. For 15 plat, you get the 25 (or so) percent chance to re roll, then let's say you do re roll, it doesn't guarantee better loot, it is the same as basically killing another boss, and looting another item, just this way you get the better item (if you do re roll) so it doesn't improve rates, just gives you the slight chance of getting another shot at loot, not necessarily better. For 15 plat, I wouldn't.

How do you know that is is 25% where did you get this info?

superglut2
03-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Well if u like the look of the ite, then buy it

Sky../
03-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Wonder what happens if you use big luck and lucky elixir together.

Coltona
03-16-2011, 01:17 PM
What about little luck? It says the same thing in inventory, but does it give luck also? If it did i'd assume not as much.

superglut2
03-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Devs said it didnt but it suposetly does

BlazeMystic
03-16-2011, 04:56 PM
I wasn't going to bother and buy the big luck but after reading the various threads I decided to give it a go and I'm rather glad I did. I had a rather productive evening luck wise - I saw several gemstone wands selling in CS (normally I've only seen the ridiculous 1.2 mil wand) and so I bought a relatively cheap (in comparison) gemstone wand and a little while later the mega mage gemstone bracer dropped in Stronghold and I completed my mega mage set! So for me it was a stoke of luck! The first pink that's ever dropped for me that I actually needed. lol.

noneo
03-16-2011, 05:02 PM
Devs said it didnt but it suposetly does

Little luck does NOT give any sort of a luck bonus. A thread was started earlier about little Luck giving a bonus, but it was a mistake on the OP's part. It has been cleared up by the OP, and all is well :)

It's all confirmed now that ONLY big Luck procs to give a Luck bonus. (the general theory is Big Luck gives a 10%-15% luck bonus)

Survivorfan
03-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Nope Rattansinghnagra.

It means that you have a 25% to get two loot rolls. The concept is hard to explain.

So, when you kill a enemy with big love equipped, you have a 1/4 chance to get a re-roll. Then once you get a re-roll, it is just a second item drop. Then the system decides which item of the two you got is more valuable and gives it to you. It doesn't mean you have a 25% chance at getting a pink item. I usually still get crappy items when I re-roll, such as white and yellow items.

Edit: beat me to it Sanatorium :).
Since when does big love give you a bonus, lol

Australia
03-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Since when does big love give you a bonus, lol

A little love goes a long way :D