PDA

View Full Version : Big Luck / Little Luck 100 drop test results

Redbridge
03-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Edit: please ignore Little Luck. I'm an idiot who didn't watch what I was doing and both characters were actually wearing Big Luck.

Very Brief Conclusion:
Big Luck = 12% chance of a re-roll off 207 drops. Little Luck has zero effect. More below

So I spoke to Royce earlier and discussed a short test on the Big/Little Luck Hats

Firstly here was the details of the test;

2 Characters in FH4, one (lvl50) wearing BL and the other (lvl16) wearing LL
Lvl50 did all the work, we farmed Meathead 100 times, and got a small handful of mob drops too
I recorded the drops, the frequency of 'Feeling Lucky' and 'You are Lucky'
I don't fully understand how the lucky re-roll works so wont attempt to explain it
Nothing better than Gems dropped, mainly trash

Big Luck
drops from meathead = 100
other drops = 3
Feelin' Lucky = 8
You are lucky = 5
total = 13

Edit: Big Luck 2 not Little LuckLittle Luck
drops from meathead = 100
other drops = 4
Feelin' Lucky = 11
You are lucky = 1
total = 12

So I make that;
Big Luck - rerolled 12.6% (13/103) of the time with a 38.5% (5/13) success rate
Edit: Big Luck 2 not Little Luck - rerolled 11.5% (12/104) of the time with 8.3% (1/12) success rate

To Conclude

There clearly isn't enough data here to draw any really accurate conclusions, but almost 3hours was all i was doing.
I was expecting a difference between the 2 in the chance of a re-roll, but in my 100 boss drops they are almost identical?
The success is greatly different though and here I would have expected to see a 50% success rate? (unless I have misunderstood how it works.
If some could explain or point me to a good explanation of Luck Elixirs that would be appreciated
As already highlighted in other threads, wearing these items only gives you a chance of a re-roll and in no way ensures any significantly better kit to drop. I.e. If you drop a Common item and get a successful re-roll you are still likely to get a slight improvement to a better Common or an Orange/Green if your lucky.

My data is available if anyone wants for any reason....

Redbridge
03-15-2011, 10:33 PM
reserved for - just in case

noneo
03-15-2011, 10:48 PM
Interesting, I thought the devs said that ONLY big luck gave the luck bonus...

Here is from assomers post...

Lil' Luck does not give a drop bonus, it's just a vanity item.

The ability for Big Luck to grant Lil' Luck will go away in a few days. Big Luck will always give the player a drop bonus while equipped.

-ALS

Pharcyde
03-15-2011, 10:49 PM
Hmmmmm... interesting.

Physiologic
03-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Strange how the reroll procs at similar rates between the big luck and little luck hats. Success rate should be negligible data, since a re-roll is a completely independent roll, according to devs.

Let's say you are intended to have an green drop and you have the luck hat on. I believe these are the possibilities:
1. Elixir does not proc. You get an green* drop.
2. Elixir procs, and you reroll an orange drop. This is compared to the green drop, game registers this as not as good as the green drop, and it says "Feelin' lucky..." and gives you the green drop. It only gives you the Feelin' lucky text to tell you that your elixir proc'd but you didn't get a better item on your second roll.
3. Elixir procs, and you reroll a purple drop. This is compared to the green drop, game registers this as better than the green drop, and it says "You ARE lucky!" and gives you the purple drop.
4. Elixir procs, and you reroll a green drop. Game most likely registers this as equivalent and just gives you "Feelin' lucky..." and the original green drop, or the new green drop.

If you get an orange drop, and the elixir procs another orange, it sometimes says "Feelin' lucky..." and sometimes "You ARE lucky!", so that's a weird variance to this whole procedure.

Pharcyde
03-15-2011, 10:53 PM
If you get an orange drop, and the elixir procs another orange, it sometimes says "Feelin' lucky..." and sometimes "You ARE lucky!", so that's a weird variance to this whole procedure.

"Feelin' Lucky..." means that you have registered a chance to re-roll before the enemy dies.
"You ARE lucky!" is what it says once you have received the re-roll.

Physiologic
03-15-2011, 11:00 PM
"Feelin' Lucky..." means that you have registered a chance to re-roll before the enemy dies.
"You ARE lucky!" is what it says once you have received the re-roll.

So let's say you bought a 35% luck lixir...that means if you receive the "Feelin' Lucky" text you hit that 35% chance to re-roll, and if the re-roll turns out better, it says "Feelin' Lucky...You ARE lucky!" right? That's what I meant when I wrote

just forgot the "Feelin lucky...You ARE lucky" on the second part :p

Pharcyde
03-15-2011, 11:01 PM
I believe so, I still have relieved crappy loots and got a "You ARE lucky!" Text though. Like grey-orange loots.

noneo
03-15-2011, 11:08 PM
So you guys are saying that the success rate has nothing to do with the "LUCK"? Only the chance for a re-roll?

If so, that is even more peculiar due to the fact that the devs said little luck wouldn't have an effect, let alone, one that is comparable to Bit Luck.

Redbridge
03-15-2011, 11:12 PM
Can I check my understanding of LUCK then......

You kill a boss/mob and get a random drop as normal... If you have an active Elixir, or wearing these hats, there is a % chance of a re-roll (35 or 25% for the elixirs). If you successfully hit that re-roll chance the game randomly selects (re-rolls) a new drop for you? is that right?

Then..... do you get the second drop, regardless of whether its better or not. which would result in Feelin' Lucky if wasn't better, or You are Lucky if it was better?

Is this right?

Also, I was under the impression too that Little Luck didn't create a re-roll. Just gone back and checked my Wifes phone and her character is definitely wearing Little Luck (although does have Big Luck un-equiped). Strange??

Redbridge
03-15-2011, 11:14 PM
If so, that is even more peculiar due to the fact that the devs said little luck wouldn't have an effect, let alone, one that is comparable to Bit Luck.

Its only one lot of 100 boss drops, So It could be that the Big Luck wearer was a tad unlucky (LOL) and should have got 15/20% and the Little Luck wearer was slightly lucky and should have got 5/10%.

Would take a lot of testing to prove more accurately....

Also, just thought. Maybe Little Luck only works when Big Luck is present? More testing me thinks....

Kalielle
03-16-2011, 07:03 AM
Then..... do you get the second drop, regardless of whether its better or not. which would result in Feelin' Lucky if wasn't better, or You are Lucky if it was better?

No, the game compares the two drops and gives you the better one. If the original one was better you get the "feeling lucky" message, if the new one was better it says "you are lucky".

Also see this dev post explaining it:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?6060-Me-Pot-O-Gold!&p=59377&viewfull=1#post59377

Redbridge
03-16-2011, 08:34 AM
No, the game compares the two drops and gives you the better one. If the original one was better you get the "feeling lucky" message, if the new one was better it says "you are lucky".

Also see this dev post explaining it:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?6060-Me-Pot-O-Gold!&p=59377&viewfull=1#post59377

Perfect. Exactly what I needed.

Fully understood now.

So in fact, regardless of whether these hats give 10, 15 or even a 25% chance of a re-roll, if a chance of a pink drop is very rare (like in BS) then ur only getting a small chance of a second roll at something that is rare. The likelihood is it isn't very useful for rare drops but more for improving drops occasionally in the hope that one might result in a cracker.

I can see now why some if the senior players where discussing the pro's/con's of the introduction of permanent luck being introduced into the game.

noneo
03-16-2011, 08:50 AM
Exactly.

When the luck procs, you can think of it as killing 2 bosses at the exact same time, and taking the better drop of the two.

festre
03-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Any one know if the lucky hat stacks with a luck elixir?? I may be asking for too much but its worth an answer. :)

Nevermind, I found the answer on a different post )

Kossi
03-16-2011, 09:16 AM
This would be MUCH more accurate in skeller

Keohike
03-16-2011, 09:48 AM
I tried using the big love and lucky exliar but i don't seem to get much difference, this was in deli. Maybe cuz i didn't do enough runs. But my question is does the exliar and big love make a difference and what is the reroll change of big love.

noneo
03-16-2011, 10:23 AM
I tried using the big love and lucky exliar but i don't seem to get much difference, this was in deli. Maybe cuz i didn't do enough runs. But my question is does the exliar and big love make a difference and what is the reroll change of big love.

Kossi was talking about Big LUCK and lucky elixr stacking, not Big LOVE (what you used) and the Lucky Elixr. Not sure if that is what you meant to say..

Keohike
03-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Kossi was talking about Big LUCK and lucky elixr stacking, not Big LOVE (what you used) and the Lucky Elixr. Not sure if that is what you meant to say..

ah sorry BIG LUCK

Redbridge
03-16-2011, 11:03 AM
This would be MUCH more accurate in skeller

LOL - I'm working again tonight but am not sure my sanity will hold out for 3hrs of Skeller.... Any volunteers?

Anyone else notice if Little Luck does actually give some Luck?? Devs seemed to suggest it wouldn't but my tested showed it did. Was just wondering if there was a confirmed reason this was happening......

Keohike
03-16-2011, 11:18 AM
LOL - I'm working again tonight but am not sure my sanity will hold out for 3hrs of Skeller.... Any volunteers?

Anyone else notice if Little Luck does actually give some Luck?? Devs seemed to suggest it wouldn't but my tested showed it did. Was just wondering if there was a confirmed reason this was happening......

Hey red i would do it but maybe tomorrow, i won't be on for rest of today. I will be free tomorrow. As for the little luck, i saw on a post someone quoting the dev about little luck giving no extra luck. So i think it would be safe to say little luck doesn't do anything. And im guessing, once we do over 1000 run we can est. how much re-roll we get, from big luck. 100 runs is just to little IMO.
PS. i would love to try the big luck with the lucky exliar but that would be too expensive. lol

noneo
03-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Hey red i would do it but maybe tomorrow, i won't be on for rest of today. I will be free tomorrow. As for the little luck, i saw on a post someone quoting the dev about little luck giving no extra luck. So i think it would be safe to say little luck doesn't do anything. And im guessing, once we do over 1000 run we can est. how much re-roll we get, from big luck. 100 runs is just to little IMO.
PS. i would love to try the big luck with the lucky exliar but that would be too expensive. lol

If little luck gives no LUCK, why would red be showing re-rolls for better loot? We definitely need to test this out and come to a sound conclusion.

drewcapu
03-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Try unequipping and/or stashing Big Luck during testing?
Is it possible that it's giving luck by just having it in inventory?

One way or another, something is buggy.

superss
03-16-2011, 11:28 AM
it might be that big luck effects everyone in the party?

Keohike
03-16-2011, 11:34 AM

The ability for Big Luck to grant Lil' Luck will go away in a few days. Big Luck will always give the player a drop bonus while equipped.

-ALS
i hope this explains it

I found this so unless the quote is a fake and person made this up. I would think we can trust the dev words.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?21478-Help-big-luck-question/page2

Keohike
03-16-2011, 11:50 AM

-ALS

Here is the exact quote.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?21448-1.7-Content-Update-%2855818%29/page3

So i think it should be pretty clear lil luck gives nothing, unless of course there is a glitch. IMO i just think reds 100 run is too little to give an good idea.

MITSUISUN
03-16-2011, 11:56 AM
First off, I like to give a shoutout and thank the OP for the hard work and sharing with the community like this, while people like me went straight into BS and see if we are feeling lucky :p. May my big luck hat sends more luck your way =)

Second, while doing BS runs last night, I do feel the overall pink drop table has increased with or without Big Luck during/within the past week, or last 5 days.

Third, none of the re-roll resulted pink last night. All 6 that I’ve seen in say 6-7 hours (2 receipe, 1 robe, 1 plate, 1 mace, 1 shield)
4 pinks went to 3 people with Big Luck equipped, 2 pinks went to 2 people who had no luck equipped.

Fourth, like many other has said, we are really over-reacting about this.

However, with that said, we all focuses on different aspect of the game, we value importance on different things, so there’s no truly right or wrong, it’s a choice. It’s good to have choices, in game or in RL.

Vanity or not, pink or not, luck or not, fortune will find us and vice versa. It doesn’t necessary need to be an item, because I have found my luck and fortunate, and they are players like you guys.

/back to work

Keohike
03-16-2011, 12:04 PM
First off, I like to give a shoutout and thank the OP for the hard work and sharing with the community like this, while people like me went straight into BS and see if we are feeling lucky :p. May my big luck hat sends more luck your way =)

Second, while doing BS runs last night, I do feel the overall pink drop table has increased with or without Big Luck during/within the past week, or last 5 days.

Third, none of the re-roll resulted pink last night. All 6 that I’ve seen in say 6-7 hours (2 receipe, 1 robe, 1 plate, 1 mace, 1 shield)
4 pinks went to 3 people with Big Luck equipped, 2 pinks went to 2 people who had no luck equipped.

However, with that said, we all focuses on different aspect of the game, we value importance on different things, so there’s no truly right or wrong, it’s a choice. It’s good to have choices, in game or in RL.

Vanity or not, pink or not, luck or not, fortunate will find us and vice versa. It doesn’t necessary need to be an item, because I have found my luck and fortunate, and they are players like you guys.

/back to work

Wow, lol you are a philosopher. However i think people on this thread just want to know how much big luck is giving and if lil luck gives anything. IMO this thread isn't about right or wrong but rather on the numbers. But the way you put it, you almost had me. lol

noneo
03-16-2011, 12:38 PM

-ALS
i hope this explains it

I found this so unless the quote is a fake and person made this up. I would think we can trust the dev words.

I understand what Als wrote, I actually quoted it earlier. My concern is that als wrote that little Luck would NOT give any bonus (in regards to luck), and only Big Luck would. From the results red achieved, it shows the opposite. Both little and big luck give extra drop luck.

I just would like to have it cleared up

FluffNStuff
03-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Just did 25 drops with little luck, no rerolls. Now trying Little luck with big luck in inventory (to see if that effects). The other thought could be big luck gives all players in instance luck.

Physiologic
03-16-2011, 01:51 PM
I don't know if little luck even procs. I ran about 30-40 sewer runs with little luck on and didn't proc once. At a ~10% rate of proc it should've proc'd maybe 3-4 times, 1 at the minimum >:/

FluffNStuff
03-16-2011, 01:55 PM
I don't know if little luck even procs. I ran about 30-40 sewer runs with little luck on and didn't proc once. At a ~10% rate of proc it should've proc'd maybe 3-4 times, 1 at the minimum >:/

That is what I am seeing. Trying to figure out another reason why the OP would have seen luck proc with little luck.

Redbridge
03-16-2011, 02:06 PM
crikey. I've stirred up a right hornets nest.... LOL

I'll redo my test tonight, same conditions, until LL procs.

If it does, I'll redo but with no BL in inventory, until LL procs.

If it does, I'll test both alts with LL equip, until LL procs.

results to follow......

noneo
03-16-2011, 03:11 PM

That is what I am seeing. Trying to figure out another reason why the OP would have seen luck proc with little luck.

Agreed, I have been performing a bunch of runs with the little luck on, and to no avail. It would be very interesting if the Big Luck offers group wide Luck Bonus even if others aren't wearing them.

EDIT: Little Luck not proc-ing would make a whole lot more sense since that is what the devs said.

Sky../
03-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to run ctk for test rather than BS, because ctk has more drops than bs.

neko
03-16-2011, 03:33 PM

Vanity or not, pink or not, luck or not, fortune will find us and vice versa. It doesn’t necessary need to be an item, because I have found my luck and fortunate, and they are players like you guys.

/back to work

My luck must've ran dry as a result of the other night. Having done 20+ runs with Big Love, I haven't experienced a re-roll or seen a single pink go to anyone in my group. I think my shamrock pom-poms are broken. *grin*

Redbridge
03-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Ok....

So this is the point where I hold my hands firmly in the air and make a big apology to everyone.

SORRY FOLKS!

I've rerun the tests and have been unable to replicate my results., with respect to Little Luck procs. This got me to running through my head to retrace my steps last night and got me thinking exactly what happened last night.

It would appear the test I did last night did was with both characters with Big Luck on. So sorry to you all.

Not that you need to know but what happened was I bought Big Luck last night and then brought all my alts into PL to gain Little Luck. Then my mrs switch on her character, bought Big Luck and we set ourselves up in FH4. Right at the end of the test, we were joined by a friend. We both waved goodbye and lo & behold Big Luck on the mrs alt was replace by the Little Luck leading me to believe I'd run the test with Little Luck on.....

School boy error, please don't flame me too badly.... I'll edit my original post.

But to conclude Little Luck doesn't give luck proc and Big Luck gave approx 12% chance of a re-roll over 207 drops.

Hard vyx helm firmly applied and heavy armour worn in readiness for the flak I'm about to get.

Sorry folks

Snakespeare
03-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Futumsh said "rarer", so I think Phys is right that it uses color. But then, there goes my two-chart theory... not that it ever held water. There isn't a roll to determine rarity because Futumsh, who is a programmer, said it compares the two rolls and gives you the rarer result.

So people who said "more valuable" or "better" aren't completely accurate, since it goes by rarity.

Physiologic
03-16-2011, 04:30 PM
Dont dismiss your results entirely :p you did find out that the hat procs at ~10-15% :) maybe 15 because the elixirs are 35 and 25.

noneo
03-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Ok....

So this is the point where I hold my hands firmly in the air and make a big apology to everyone.

SORRY FOLKS!

I've rerun the tests and have been unable to replicate my results., with respect to Little Luck procs. This got me to running through my head to retrace my steps last night and got me thinking exactly what happened last night.

It would appear the test I did last night did was with both characters with Big Luck on. So sorry to you all.

Not that you need to know but what happened was I bought Big Luck last night and then brought all my alts into PL to gain Little Luck. Then my mrs switch on her character, bought Big Luck and we set ourselves up in FH4. Right at the end of the test, we were joined by a friend. We both waved goodbye and lo & behold Big Luck on the mrs alt was replace by the Little Luck leading me to believe I'd run the test with Little Luck on.....

School boy error, please don't flame me too badly.... I'll edit my original post.

But to conclude Little Luck doesn't give luck proc and Big Luck gave approx 12% chance of a re-roll over 207 drops.

Hard vyx helm firmly applied and heavy armour worn in readiness for the flak I'm about to get.

Sorry folks

Ok, this clears up a lot. I didn't think the devs would make a mistake like that :p This 12% seems to agree (with a small amount of variance) to the estimated 10% that most people are experiencing.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Dont dismiss your results entirely :p you did find out that the hat procs at ~10-15% :) maybe 15 because the elixirs are 35 and 25.

or 15% :p

Snakespeare
03-16-2011, 04:38 PM

15% sounds good. Someone else was guessing 25%