PDA

View Full Version : Shade - New Rarity Pet?

Zeus
03-15-2015, 05:44 PM
Hello,

I know I've been on the opposing end of this issue before but, that was some time ago. Since that post, there still has only been two shades looted (to my knowledge). One was looted by me and Gothical now owns. The other, Ardbeg purchased.

I know players who have spent 200M trying to loot this pet. It just does not seem to be set at the correct rarity!

This pet is an extremely useful pet & for some reason, seems to be set at arcane rarity when attempting to loot from planar tomb crates! Is this some sort of mistake?

I think many players would appreciate if this pet were able to be looted...

Pros:
- Value of Planar Tomb Crates Would Increase
- More Variety in Pet Usage

~Zeus

Ravager
03-15-2015, 06:10 PM
Hello,

I know I've been on the opposing end of this issue before but, that was some time ago. Since that post, there still has only been two shades looted (to my knowledge). One was looted by me and Gothical now owns. The other, Ardbeg purchased.

I know players who have spent 200M trying to loot this pet. It just does not seem to be set at the correct rarity!

This pet is an extremely useful pet & for some reason, seems to be set at arcane rarity when attempting to loot from planar tomb crates! Is this some sort of mistake?

Pros:

~Zeus

Agreed. I want this pet too. None for sale. None being looted. Maybe a secondary way to get it. One of the harder pets to loot is Talon. Talon can also be purchased for 90 plat. Not saying to make it purchasable by plat. Just saying other ways.

Or just increase the drop/fix the drop.

Jazzi
03-15-2015, 06:13 PM
Hello,

Pros:

~Zeus

Out if curiosity why is it extremely useful? I do know its happiness bonus, but it is nowhere near any of the arcane pets. Are its passive and aa that good? Never seen it in action, obviously xD

Btw I bet that a large percentage of the game population (mostly those who do not visit the forum) do not even know that this pet exists

Zeus
03-15-2015, 06:24 PM
Out if curiosity why is it extremely useful? I do know its happiness bonus, but it is nowhere near any of the arcane pets. Are its passive and aa that good? Never seen it in action, obviously xD

Btw I bet that a large percentage of the game population (mostly those who do not visit the forum) do not even know that this pet exists

It has a new type of movement impairment called "paralyze" in the passive. The AA is like breeze because it auto targets. However, the AA produces a slightly weaker version of a shuyal mage's purple pool.

Jazzi
03-15-2015, 06:32 PM
It has a new type of movement impairment called "paralyze" in the passive. The AA is like breeze because it auto targets. However, the AA produces a slightly weaker version of a shuyal mage's purple pool.

This just made me even more curious to see it in action. I read the description of the pet's passive and aa, but one never knows how those really interact with the environment (mobs) in the game. Hope it does become more common. Maybe add it to the fragment vendor. For say double the amount of frags as breeze: 250. This will give people something to do till the expansion and some players an opportunity to acquire a new pet or pile up some needed wealth. Seems like a win win situation to me, especially since it obviously does not really drop from the chests and it is definitely not that op, that it is necessary to be that rare.

CouchPass
03-15-2015, 07:02 PM
Let's not make it the same price as Breeze please. Judging by what Zeus stated it seems pretty cool. Just want to see someone who has this pet. Cmon someone...(Ravagerx). :P

Zeus
03-15-2015, 07:31 PM
I just did a test - it's not as OP as breeze was upon initial release but it does hold its merits. It's a pet I would use in a clash if there was already a Nekro/SnS present on my team.

The paralyze works when the owl attacks. When the owl attacks, there's a light pink aura that appears under the target's feet. When this happens, the target had a good chance of being paralyzed for 2 seconds (similar stance as freeze). However, from what I could see, paralyze does not follow any stun immunity rules. However, keep in mind that this is an owl type pet meaning the passive attack is close ranged and is dodged quite often by a rogue.

Additionally, the armor debuff from the AA/passive attack seems to linger until I leave the room or die. The armor debuff is approximately 15%.

The critical debuff is 10%.

The pool has two stages, the auto target and then a purple explosion which is a little unclear of the actual purpose of this two stage AA.

Ravager
03-15-2015, 11:42 PM
Let's not make it the same price as Breeze please. Judging by what Zeus stated it seems pretty cool. Just want to see someone who has this pet. Cmon someone...(Ravagerx). :P

Haha if I had it, I would.

Ardbeg
03-16-2015, 06:19 AM
Mmmmh, if the actual rarity can be described with naming both players in possession of the pet after months, the droprate seems slightly off :)

that being said, i like this game to have hidden gems and rare jackpots like this without opening crates. just maybe not *that* rare...

Dragoonclaws
03-16-2015, 11:04 AM
I have a weird feeling like Shade will appear in an Owl Crate... Ask Woodruff ^-^

I have another weird feeling like nightshade will appear in a Wolf Crate

I have another weird feeling like Talon will appear in a Eagle Crate

Stay tuned! (indirectly said STS)

Fightbeast
03-16-2015, 01:53 PM
Apart from its pro's as a good pet, I would just like to have it. Being a collector, getting this pet would just add it to my collection of good rare items and pets :)
Considering its of legendary rarity, and the planar chests drop only one item per chests, I don't think it will over flood the market. But like Zeus mentioned, the pet seems to be set in a different rarity scale, making it actually really hard to get. Would STS kindly look into it. :)

Jexetta
03-16-2015, 01:55 PM
Please! Just as I suggested in the pet thread, add Shade to purchase table in planar tombs!

I guarantee more people will scramble to run the tombs which will equal more plat revives and more revenue for just a minor tweak. As it stands this pet is almost as rare as nightshade the wolf - while the St. Patty day event adds things to do, most end game players have done this already and would like other things to do. The rewards for planar tombs really need to be looked at - I know the imbued armor was adjusted and I think that it went perfectly, breeze was adjusted well, snappy is about as useful as guapo, and shade is one of the rarest pets in the game (one that if was more available would make pve and pvp have another layer of strategy added - which is something the game needs).

Regards,
-Jexy

Ardbeg
03-16-2015, 01:56 PM
I have a weird feeling like Shade will appear in an Owl Crate... Ask Woodruff ^-^

shade is a pretty op pet imho, his aa with the mean debuff would have an impact on pvp, spoiling even some arcanes, like pre-nerf breeze did. i think that s the reason for the low drop rate (if it s not an error). there might be some middle-ground between "does not drop" and "selling out".

Zeus
03-16-2015, 02:40 PM
shade is a pretty op pet imho, his aa with the mean debuff would have an impact on pvp, spoiling even some arcanes, like pre-nerf breeze did. i think that s the reason for the low drop rate (if it s not an error). there might be some middle-ground between "does not drop" and "selling out".

It lowers the same amount of armor as an aimed shot does so you won't really see a difference in damage. I don't want it be too common but at least to the point where it drops every 100 chests (26.5m) would be nice.

Ardbeg
03-16-2015, 03:54 PM
It lowers the same amount of armor as an aimed shot does so you won't really see a difference in damage. I don't want it be too common but at least to the point where it drops every 100 chests (26.5m) would be nice.

on another thought, we should totally try to find out how the aa stacks...

Edward Coug
03-18-2015, 06:53 PM
I think it's ridiculous that elite planar chests only give you one drop. No wonder no one opens them. It should be increased to at least two.

(Opened 8 yesterday. What a waste.)

Arvaen
03-19-2015, 06:25 AM
Planar chests drop 1 per run right?

epicrrr
03-19-2015, 08:59 AM
I really want to see Shade in game because they are so elusive.