PDA

View Full Version : Whered everyone go?????????????

xuz
03-16-2011, 04:00 AM
So when AO3 came out population reached close to 5000, and after steadied to about 3000. Now expected the game lost players and lost interest because nothing was changing.
Then came Balefort Sewers, now i expected a massive gain in players and at first there was. I also thought it would rise even more, but the highest i seen with the release and following weeks of balefort sewers was tops 4000. Now at this moment I'm seeing a lose in players less then 1000 and really dissappointed and wondering where are they.

My questions are:
Where are they gone?
Are they all waiting for Blackstar?

Keohike
03-16-2011, 04:03 AM
Good question, i started like 3 weeks ago i would like to know. My guest people get bored of things.
2 thumbs up

Riccits
03-16-2011, 04:04 AM
So when AO3 came out population reached close to 5000, and after steadied to about 3000.?

it wasnt ao3 the reason but more the release of the droid version of PL, 5000 wasnt long went down to 3000 in 2 weeks.
worst time for PL was after the winter festival.
at start of BS many tried it out, but some stopped again after hitting 56 and having all gear. so actually is sinking again.

Necrobane
03-16-2011, 04:05 AM
Interesting....I spose Alien Oasis was a shock, and people too longer to figure out how to do everything. Also, A steady income was easier to keep in Ao once you got the hang of it.

Keohike
03-16-2011, 04:05 AM
Honestly i find it more fun helping ppl lol then trying to get lvl 56, my gear are MM with gemstone staff. Kinda gave up on the whole lvl 56.

Zux
03-16-2011, 04:34 AM
They all saw u lee, and they ran away, maybe it was because u told them you were....

Inching
03-16-2011, 04:51 AM
the drop in population might be from iphone users... droid users are growing right? Devs would have the stats on that.

Its like this forums.... basically only like 30 of us really use this thing

Necrobane
03-16-2011, 04:55 AM
I'm really interested about this, devs could you show us the stats? Also I think that advertising the forums would be a good move as we have all stuck around for a while. And while I'm sure we'll get some tools, there are sure to be some cool people too :)

Luchta
03-16-2011, 05:48 AM
I login at peak hours usually that's 5-6 hours from now and it's around 2000+ players online. Right I just checked and it's less than 1000.

Riccits
03-16-2011, 06:04 AM
right now its normal that are on the lowest number of ppl. means that not much asian ppl playing PL.

wvhills
03-16-2011, 07:08 AM
When I've looked it's always been around 2000. I'll tell you why I don't play as much as I used too...I think PL has expanded beyond the amount of players they have (i.e. it's hard to find a good team). When I'm playing on my bird I like to go to the sewers but when I go to join a game there's 30 different games going but only 1 person in each of them and I don't think I'm at the point yet where just one other person and I can make much headway. Also, I started playing my bear more in AO part 2 (the lvl he's supposed to be at) and you can't play a game without a couple of 50+ joining and ruining the level of drops for everybody. The maps are still fun but the drops are all worthless because they're either lvl 45 or 50 and unusable. I think it would be better if they made it so you got a drop you could use in the next level or 2.

j46g629h
03-16-2011, 09:36 AM
not surprised to see that happens
new dungeons, new town, more quests, holiday event, adding new items to existing dungeons!!
now they are going to add GCD for all skills which requires more skill and strategy that could make it more harder to find good player (just my opinion)
what about player Housing, mailbox, pet and guilds that were mentioned last year? No Date!!

Justg
03-16-2011, 10:11 AM
We halted all marketing a couple of weeks ago while we revise the onboarding and noob experience. We'll be submitting another build and cranking marketing back up in a week or so. PL is a healthy as ever, no worries :)