PDA

View Full Version : Thanks STS!

nicflamel
03-16-2015, 04:54 AM
I would just like to take the time to thank STS for doing a great job and making an effort to cater to non-platinum (non-paying) players in the past couple of years and allowing us to enjoy the game as much us we do now. This shows that you have been listening to everyone's concerns.

I had been playing the game on and off since the level cap was 31, and I would just like to stress out the services that STS has extended to non-platinum players since then:

- Elixirs used to be platinum exclusive, which made it very difficult to farm decent gear and tradable goods in-game. It was also a little more difficult to go through maps without damage boost and damage reduction elixirs. Now, elixirs are available to everyone from the consignment shop.

- Resurrecting also used to be platinum exclusive, which made it a lot harder to defeat bosses and obtain those achievement points. Now, we are offered Ankhs to revive ourselves in battle.

- Some pets used to be platinum exclusive, which made it difficult to obtain the pets and the pet achievements. Now, Some of these pets are available in Egg form, making them open for trade.

Some of the pets that, i think, used to be Platinum exclusive are:

- Grimm
- Slag
- Abaddon
- Ripmaw

And in the past 2 weeks, they've made these two pets available in egg form:
- Dart (I just got The Four Princes Achievement Points last week when I bought Dart from the consignment shop)
- Wyatt

I really like how these changes turned out and I'm sure other non-platinum players feel the same way. Your effort on making these changes were not overlooked.

Looking forward to more of these.

Kudos to you guys!

:love_heart: Nic

ClumsyCactus
03-16-2015, 05:13 AM
Your sig is really Fancy, and agreed, they have made the game less depending on platinum ^^

nicflamel
03-16-2015, 05:22 AM
Your sig is really Fancy, and agreed, they have made the game less depending on platinum ^^

Oooh! Thanks! My good friend, Froxanthar, made this signature for me as a surprise gift! I'll go tell him you think it's nice and fancy. It would make him very happy.

Arachnophobik
03-16-2015, 05:26 AM
Yep. Now all we need is good things to farm for. New stuffs with decent drop rates.

Rx8
03-16-2015, 05:28 AM
Yey...As devs said earlier while AL was being made

"We are planning AL to be an F2P..."

ITS BECOMING A REALITY :D

Transfordark
03-16-2015, 08:01 AM
^I totally agree with you.
See Sts still tries hard to satisfy us even sometimes sacrificing the economy.
Nice Sig :D

debitmandiri
03-16-2015, 08:05 AM
Yep. Now all we need is good things to farm for. New stuffs with decent drop rates.

Imbued set, planar pendant recipe ?
They r good things to farm imo

Tatman
03-16-2015, 08:40 AM
Sure you can farm "imbued set". You can also farm arcane ring by this logic.

Astrea
03-16-2015, 08:42 AM
You forgot to mention Ripmaw :)

Arachnophobik
03-16-2015, 09:15 AM

Not if ur a new player trying to earn enough gold for decent gears to run the maps and buy the ankhs for those ;)
I know a lot of players that spent millions on ankhs to loot a recipe and ended up disappointed. But then again i know a few lucky enuff to loot it in less than 50 runs.

nicflamel
03-16-2015, 09:22 AM
You forgot to mention Ripmaw :)

Oh right! Thanks!

Sorry Ripmaw! I'ma go put him up there..

nicflamel
03-16-2015, 09:23 AM
^I totally agree with you.
See Sts still tries hard to satisfy us even sometimes sacrificing the economy.
Nice Sig :D

Thaaaanks! Ooooh! Froxanthar would be so happy to see your comment on the sig he made!

Conquered
03-16-2015, 09:36 AM
Everything was fine, they just need to balance the love to their games. @Nic sup? Im pinoy lol mabuhay pilipinas!

nicflamel
03-16-2015, 09:50 AM
Everything was fine, they just need to balance the love to their games. @Nic sup? Im pinoy lol mabuhay pilipinas!

Hello mister Conquered sir!

Mabuhay Pilipinas, indeed! Not so much going on in my in-game life. I usually just go on to say hi to friends and sell stuff. That's pretty much it...

Nice to meet you!

Arachnophik is Pinoy too!

Hello Phobik!

Arachnophobik
03-16-2015, 11:23 PM
Hello mister Conquered sir!

Mabuhay Pilipinas, indeed! Not so much going on in my in-game life. I usually just go on to say hi to friends and sell stuff. That's pretty much it...

Nice to meet you!

Arachnophik is Pinoy too!

Hello Phobik!

Shushhhh! xD i want my chats in english XD

nicflamel
03-17-2015, 01:08 AM
Shushhhh! xD i want my chats in english XD

I know. I'm evil like that!

:bull_head:

Jazzi
03-17-2015, 07:37 AM
All the things you have listed are not free. They need to be quasi bought with plat in the first place. It does not matter that you and other free players buy them with gold, as someone is spending plat to buy them. You, all the other free players and I are indirectly spending plat, thus the so called "free" players are creating revenue for sts nonetheless. This is a part of sts's business model. I am surprised that they did not do this earlier. I am also still surprised that they have not implemented some kind of locked key kits, which can be bought for plat and resold for gold. Many would try their luck like that I am sure.

codered
03-17-2015, 07:57 AM
All the things you have listed are not free. They need to be quasi bought with plat in the first place. It does not matter that you and other free players buy them with gold, as someone is spending plat to buy them. You, all the other free players and I are indirectly spending plat, thus the so called "free" players are creating revenue for sts nonetheless. This is a part of sts's business model. I am surprised that they did not do this earlier. I am also still surprised that they have not implemented some kind of locked key kits, which can be bought for plat and resold for gold. Many would try their luck like that I am sure.
Yep,the idea of locked key is brilliant, so here is the thing, the plat player prefer to sell the key than opening crates, and f2p players became the crates "gambler" as the key exist, some part of my wild imagination lol, i dont mind buying 20-40k per key btw. Ahaha,,,lets just sit and wait,...

nicflamel
03-17-2015, 08:07 AM

Yes, I understand that other people pay for the listed items. I understand that none of these items were free to begin with.

I'm thanking STS for finding a way to extend their services to people who can't (or do not want to) spend their money on the game by making these items tradeable.

Before, only people who were willing to pay for these items can get them, and those who did not pay could never get hold of them... and now we can.

This is what I'm appreciative of.