PDA

View Full Version : Anyone go from iPad 1 to iPad 2 yet?

Ellyidol
03-16-2011, 05:46 AM
Anyone?

Curious to see how good the software is, hardware seems pretty good, but I'm not dishing out cash again just to have a lighter iPad =/

Anyone go from iPad 1 to iPad 2 on PL especially? :)

Still releases on March 25 here, don't think I can get my hands on one in the first few weeks so I have time.

RedRyder
03-16-2011, 10:27 AM
If it's out in the US, then parth has one for sure

Inching
03-16-2011, 10:38 AM
I'm getting one and one of those colorful covers also when it's avail in hong kong.

hawkei
03-16-2011, 11:38 AM
My moms getting one so I hope she will let me use it often. -crosses fingers-

MITSUISUN
03-16-2011, 12:05 PM
LOL Elly, i am in the same boat.

I am personally not upgrading, but will play PL on it when my friend's arrive and let you know.

It's not THAT lighter, but it holds so much better for sure, I had chance to check out in Apple store. I do hope it boost PL performance, but then again my iPad1 holds out fine if I periodically full power-off/on to refresh the flash. Strangely I ended up grouping with 4 mages - 3 nights in a roll. With all those fireworks/graphics, thank god I dont play my main on my 3GS heh.

Zeus
03-16-2011, 12:08 PM
If it's out in the US, then parth has one for sure

Sold out in every store 100 miles near me. Patiently waiting. Nah, more like IMPATIENTLY waiting.

hawkei
03-16-2011, 12:15 PM
wait was this meant to be? my ipad wont come on? YES!!!! IPAD 2 HERE I COME!!!
but i cant play pl right now -_-

Echelong
03-16-2011, 01:15 PM
I am really thinking of getting one. Just because of the two cameras (nothing naughty just in case) HD video, and a better way to play PL than draining my iphone battery all the time. You could get the same software 4.3 I think and as far as hardware the tests I've seen from Gizmodo and other sites show about double the speed opening apps and running games much smoother.

icantgetkills
03-16-2011, 04:55 PM
i played with it :D was in the apple store takng a geeze at the display downloaded PL lol and
its not as good as i thought graphics slightly better not much difference 6hr battery to 10 hours so its good but im going to wait for the price to drop 100-200$

Major
03-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Ya ill def get one eventually too. Will wait till the prices come down a bit tho.

aluxuryhoggy
03-16-2011, 05:09 PM
I have .. I definitely noticed some graphic changes and it is a bit faster... But over all I wouldnt clean my wallet for lighter iPad just like you said elly but it's good. I like it :/
Waited in line 4 hours lol

Survivorfan
03-16-2011, 05:15 PM
i played with it :D was in the apple store takng a geeze at the display downloaded PL lol and
its not as good as i thought graphics slightly better not much difference 6hr battery to 10 hours so its good but im going to wait for the price to drop 100-200$
Have you noticed that the day the next iPad came out, the older price dropped. You might have to wait a while to get it to go down.
Then again, there is Ebay :p

Ellyidol
03-16-2011, 06:03 PM
So after 2 people trying it, the graphics aren't THAT much better? Hmm.

Yeah probably won't be worth selling my old one, saving up for new one, lining up to get one, and all for having a lighter and thinner iPad =/

And I thought 9x better graphics and 2x faster processor would be really good.

Ellyidol
03-16-2011, 06:16 PM

There's an iPad 2 in Sydney already?