PDA

View Full Version : Vanity hats crafting idea/suggestion

Echelong
03-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Well the controversy of the Big Luck hat is been going out of proportion, but it got me thinking. We could use all the current vanity hats from the store and devs could make them craftable. The idea you buy a vanity hat (5-10 plat) of your choice of looks. Then you farm or buy a recipe form the CS and get the ingredients for it and craft it to a specific bonus. Hats should not be tradable because you buy them with plat and hooch hats should be the exception and from my perspective should not be craftable or not tradable if crafted.

The idea:
Add a bonus to one of the vanity items currently available or make a crafting recipe for vanity items to add one bonus to one item. Recipes could become available at anytime farmed form end-game bosses and only 1 bonus can be added per item. This way you could wear any vanity item you purchase with a specific bonus this means no clones and they should be super rare and hard to craft.

Bonus for vanity items could be as follow and they should be a lesser version of existing elixirs or bonus and they should not stack with elixirs, a lesser speed, a 1.5 exp, a luck one like the new hat, a 10 damage one(this should be restricted to a level or upgraded as level goes damage could be 2 for lower levels and increase depending on it), armor and some others that you might think off. Bonus could also be based on a percentage so they will increase depending on gear and level but should not become overpowered.

Also there could be another category of rings that could grant you some type of bonus.

Pros:
- No clones you decide what to wear
- Make the game more interesting
- devs could use the increase plat purchases.
- good for the economy

Cons
- some players don't like paying plat for gear. (only one I could think off)

Let me know your points of view and I will update the info and please no flaming I made this thread to see a different side of the big luck controversy and future development of the game.

Special Note:

Players need to realize that STS needs money to keep the game running (server maintenance) salaries, development costs and lots of other overhead and direct costs. It is not cheap to run a game like this if you go to browser MMO games (storm8 and similar) you will have to pay much more money to keep up with players. Pocket Legends is a very cheap MMO considering the amount of play time you get from it.

Keohike
03-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Yes of course they need money. But alot of ppl bought big love becasue of the patch note that said little extra luck given, they dont say how much. And so alot of ppl brought it, maybe they could explain how much more luck.

Echelong
03-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Yes of course they need money. But alot of ppl bought big love becasue of the patch note that said little extra luck given, they dont say how much. And so alot of ppl brought it, maybe they could explain how much more luck.

I don't want to sound mean or anything but did you read the post? its not about the big luck item its about a lot more to do with all the current vanity hats that you have or can purchase from the platinum store. I know its a lot to read but try it and give me your opinion.

Keohike
03-16-2011, 10:16 AM
I don't want to sound mean or anything but did you read the post? its not about the big luck item its about a lot more to do with all the current vanity hats that you have or can purchase from the platinum store. I know its a lot to read but try it and give me your opinion.

ah ok sorry for going off topic i like your idea, im just trying to find out where ppl get this whole 10-25 on big love. However about your post i like your idea, but i hope if they do make it they explain how much luck we get.

KaotiicxDream
03-16-2011, 10:19 AM
I got a vanity crafting idea too ... wanna hear it ?

Echelong
03-16-2011, 10:30 AM
ah ok sorry for going off topic i like your idea, im just trying to find out where ppl get this whole 10-25 on big love. However about your post i like your idea, but i hope if they do make it they explain how much luck we get.

I think it's 5-10% re-roll from a few runs last night but all re-rolls where greens or oranges no pinks. And yes post your idea

superglut2
03-16-2011, 03:17 PM
I love the idea.

MITSUISUN
03-16-2011, 05:09 PM
I like the idea, and like to go beyond that a bit if I may. Since we are not going to beat the dead horse of luck hat, either way, devs will do what’s best for the game, it’s a business they are running, not a charity.

IMHO, existing store items / proc, such as 2.5/3.5 luck potion, 2xdamage potion, 2xdefense potion, trash potion etc, are there for a reason. It’s player’s choice to purchase/use with gold/plat to better him/herself/party, when there’s a benefit, there’s a cause. (you get what you paid for)

The store items of damage/defense/luck/speed are already in place, with 5 mins duration.

Lv10/20 Rings are also in place, to help/improve existing base stats such as amror/ms/crits, and has great potential to be updated for Lv30+, such as customize/craft rings, so you can mix/match the exact stats that you want, and not being limited to what’s currently offered in store.

The permanent effect of bonus on an item, regardless of % or f(x) amount of effect, to me seems too much, overpowering characters and it’s not fair to the mobs :p

( just think how easy it is when we pot up, a bird with health potion can solo OL lord, when a members pot up, how easy it is running through BS/Shadows, this game needs more challenge for player to develop skills, or else it’s just endless grind of pink/gold/exp )

So, bonus are taken care of with pot usage, stats are taken care with rings. What else is there to do?

I suggest Elemental Enhancement / Proc / Combo. (I apologize if this has been suggested long ago, I am new player)

We have wand that procs nightmare, fire staff procs aoe fire, ice staff freeze, dark stuff etc and there are individual / group combos.

Why not build on this more with the vanity head items to reflect more visual/graphic and elemental attack/defense ? ( luck hat dishs out gold coins from arm pit, love it! )

IE: A wind effect/visual vanity hat, adds 3rd element to become ice>fire>wind combo. Wind hat has a % that kicks in when being equipped. Specific mob might be ammune to it while others not etc.

I can elaborate this a lot more, but I am sure all of you know it’s just the typical type of MMORPG stuff. And maybe PL should not be like that and remain its uniqueness of being a fast paced / easy to play anywhere type of game.

Craft/enhancement should be both be quested, dropped and non-tradable. This helps player to really fine tune the characters and be unique, so not everyone end up same armor/weapon and same skills. Gives more variety of playing style, ie: you need a fire focused elemental team for frost dungeon boss etc.

/rambling off, really should get back to work now..