PDA

View Full Version : Mega Mage or Craft?

Tesla
03-16-2011, 10:09 AM
Is it worth crafting the mega mage blast staff into the enchanted staff?

giayuan
03-17-2011, 12:12 AM
Nope, mages need there mana regen. More health regen wont make too much of a difference as mages have just so less armor and hp that it doesnt matter.

Inching
03-17-2011, 12:25 AM
if u wear the MM cowl + Robe, using a Enchanted staff still get Set Bonus?

Necrobane
03-17-2011, 01:29 AM
No, not as far as I am concerned Inch.

Major
03-17-2011, 01:30 AM
Ya have to have full mega Mage or enchanted gear to make set. And stick with mega Mage, it's better for m/s.

Inching
03-17-2011, 01:33 AM
thx guys
10/

lilbyrdie
03-17-2011, 08:39 AM
Seems like a pretty cut and dry answer. So what's the point of the crafted item? Does it fit with anyone's strategy? Or is it a waste of crafting items and farming time?

In which case... the full crafted set would be more useful if (as a set) it granted back the M/S that was lost per item during crafting... and thus, maybe a little bit worth the time to craft.

Major
03-17-2011, 09:15 AM
Ya it's a waste IMO to craft the mega Mage gear. On the other hand if you were a tank, crafting the fury gear to fortified does make an improvement, so really it just comes down to how you play and how you want your stats to be. if your a Mage stick with Mega Mage.

Echelong
03-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Is it worth crafting the mega mage blast staff into the enchanted staff?

Nope you lose all mana regen. This is the worst crafted set unless you are a magic bear you should not craft this at all. Don't know what the devs where thinking when they made this set and the int crown of persistence...

Devs should stop those Friday whiskey days at the office.

Major
03-17-2011, 09:24 AM
Devs should stop those Friday whiskey days at the office.
Haha we can't take that away from them!

Echelong
03-17-2011, 09:30 AM
Haha we can't take that away from them!

What will they think off next? Mage gear with only dmg and dodge and no other stats? wait that might be more useful than h/s... Dunno but its the worst of the 3...

So yeah no more Whiskey days at the office...lol

JaytB
03-17-2011, 10:28 AM
I kind of have to disagree that the enchanted set is a complete waste. I crafted one (mainly because my gf wanted a crafted one, but she didn't like it) and decided to keep it instead of my regular mm gear. I realize that it's not for everybody, but for me it definitely gives me noticeable higher survivability.

First off, the mana regen. The mm gear has an insane 45 m/s. Cool, but is it really necessary? The crafted gear has only 11 m/s. With a 3 m/s ring, It gives you 14 m/s. And really, using all spells except for magic shield, I never run out of mana. The only time I need to watch mana is when using magic shield. But I hardly use it anymore because of the high h/s.

Second, health regen. The crafted gear gives you 38h/s (39h/s, with ring that also gives 3m/s and dmg). At first I thought this would be worthless because of the time needed before it kicked in. But as it appears there is hardly any time needed to kick in at all. I solo a lot to test out personal preferences of sets, and this h/s really gives me noticeable better survivability at the expense of.. The mana regen? If you never run out of mana, do you really need more mana regen? The h/s is also a perfect addition to heal.

Third, 333 int. Not really noticeable but nice to know you squeeze every drop of spell dmg from your mage.

Last, armor and dodge % increase. If I recall correctly, the armor goes up too. Not by much though but every bit helps. Dodge also +2%.

All in all, it gives a bit of a different feel and possible play style because you need to watch your mana regen when using magic shield versus having an insane h/s that gives you noticeable better survivability.

This is just my personal opinion of course and I'm sure many of you would disagree. But I think that if you have the possibility, you should test it out because you might like it better in practice than on paper. I know I do.

Echelong
03-17-2011, 10:35 AM
I do respect your opinion as you have respected ours. You have a point on survivability since pure int or hybrid is hard to keep alive on some occasions. I still prefer m/s over h/s any day but it does fit your play style.

Blind
04-18-2011, 06:58 AM
When i had mega mage i was thinking it was the best set ever and that i'd never craft it because of the m/s loss, but i only thought so until a good friend of mine let me borrow his enchanted set for one run. And guess what?! :D, i was just shocked, it is the most powerful set u can possibly get for a mage, i don't even know how to describe it, it's just so good, the health regen is crazy, i havent died a single time in catacombs, i was even tanking with it lol. And to those of u who worry about mana regen, trust me, if u r pure intel u wont use a single mana pot in sewers, unless u use the shield and run into a mob of 10, and even then couple of mana pots and u r done, while with mega u'd still often find yourself spamming health pots. So yeah i definately reccomend to craft your mega if u have one, it's worth it. :D

Duped
04-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Good info for sure. I thought since the GCD, increased hs would trump ms too.