PDA

View Full Version : So funny when people say this!

Dyclonious
03-16-2011, 01:04 PM
"Stop running!"

The fact that people yell about "running" is funny as hell! Like they actually expect you to stand still and eat their damage. As if I'm going to take my 400hp int cloth armor Enchantress, and charge right into your mess lol.

My Frostbite has a 12m range on it for a reason... and until they change it to 3m, I'm going to assume its meant to freeze you at a distance. lol

I go up against plenty of melee who somehow get past the running and win! Plenty of 2h sword/sword + shield style Bears have taken me down mid strafe. Which just makes people's QQ about running that much funnier.

Junside
03-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Yeah, I figured some people would rather kite you than stand toe-to-toe. So the best thing to do I realize is to do the same. I run in the other direction and when they come back, they die anyway. :)

Physiologic
03-16-2011, 01:11 PM
This is why I don't PvP.

hawkei
03-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Yeah but there are players who run until your debuff is down. Then they buff up and kill you. Or the one that lost their debuff ends up running. So it becomes one big cycle

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 01:13 PM
There are probably a dozen threads about this and they all end up with hate.. I'm not even gonna get started. -bites tongue-

StompArtist
03-16-2011, 01:14 PM
meh. PvP is not really my thing but it sounds like it needs an overhaul.

PhreEkGarden
03-16-2011, 01:21 PM
This is why I don't PvP.

So people whining about you using tactics to win would be the reason why you don't pvp? That would make it seem like whiners are controlling your gaming experience. No offense, it just seems like an odd reason to not do something.

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 01:23 PM
So people whining about you using tactics to win would be the reason why you don't pvp? That would make it seem like whiners are controlling your gaming experience. No offense, it just seems like an odd reason to not do something.

No, I think he means he doesn't pvp because of all the drama in general.

StompArtist
03-16-2011, 01:25 PM

I would guess that if the whiners are loud enough they could make it so the game looses it's appeal for Physiologic. I have been in games where other players behavior just spoiled the experience for me... not a question of control just a question of not having the time or will to deal with certain people...

Dyclonious
03-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Firestorm - knocks you back
Frostbite - freeze you far away
Thorn Root - freeze you far away
Avian Scream - knocks you back

Off the top of my head there are a FEW abilities that provide distance between you and the other player. As long as these and other abilities exist, I will continue to think it funnier than all hell when people complain about kiting.

Even funnier when a sword+shield bear joins , kills me. Then another sword+shield bear joins, I kill him - and he complains about running haha.

Dyclonious
03-16-2011, 01:28 PM
And if you take the running problem to heart.. u hate it... u want out... u go play another MMO... guess what?

They still run. rofl.

So best thing to do is adapt to what is thrown at you. Other people in this game do, and they do it well.

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Doesn't a bird do extra damage up close? Also, you have to get close enough to use avian scream.

Dyclonious
03-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Or they get close enough to you! In which case u Avian Scream their a$$ and run away. U got 3 seconds. Thats how I see that ability, as an escape.

And never heard of that mechanic with birds? confirmation?

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 01:35 PM
Lol I have just never seen the true need to run. I have tanked on every character I have ever pvped with and won with ease. Bird, mage, bear. Not that hard IMO and I found that the ones running away from me wasted their chances in killing me and ended up on the floor.

Dyclonious
03-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Are... you... serious...? I understand on the Bear, and the bird for sure - but Enchantress? dude, 400hp and ur telling me you have survived a full on assault of abilities from a str. bear without getting one shotted?

Its just not true. Please provide slightly more details on you tanking a str. bear with your int enchantress.

Dyclonious
03-16-2011, 01:45 PM
I didn't specify a level bracket of PvP in the thread, but FYI - I normally bounce around in the 15 - 25. Keep that in mind when continuing to tell me how running isn't useful.

Physiologic
03-16-2011, 01:45 PM

1.) Extremely unbalanced and flawed. "In our opinion, it's not a very good experience we have atm" -Thade in chatbox about 5 days ago regarding PvP
2.) Whiners. See OP's post.
3.) Drama. If I wanted drama I'd watch TNT.

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Are... you... serious...? I understand on the Bear, and the bird for sure - but Enchantress? dude, 400hp and ur telling me you have survived a full on assault of abilities from a str. bear without getting one shotted?

Its just not true. Please provide slightly more details on you tanking a str. bear with your int enchantress.

Lol, it is very true. Scarletlady is a level 35 pure int mage wearing full voodoo. Ask anyone who twinks around that level. Missdevilish is dex/int and wears mamboza leather, dreamers elven helm, shivering ice talon, and shivering wing/snipers croc head wing. With both of those characters, I can play on top of bears, carrying 2h swords and win. I even end up chasing bears across the map.

Moogerfooger
03-16-2011, 01:49 PM
No, I think he means he doesn't pvp because of all the drama in general.

That is exactly what he means.

3.) Drama. If I wanted drama I'd watch TNT.

Personally, I was thinking Lifetime Channel movie myself.

Dyclonious
03-16-2011, 01:52 PM
1) The unbalance only occurs in certain levels. After level 22 when Enchantress get their buff - balance exists.
2) Whiners suck, ignore lists rock.
3) Drama...what drama? U mean people calling each other names and stuff? 75% of the time, no one even talks. And even when u do get a smartass in the group, you can always leave. Or put them on ignore. Or whatever, I just never let little text on my phone get to me lol.

StompArtist
03-16-2011, 01:53 PM
That is exactly what he means.

Personally, I was thinking Lifetime Channel movie myself.

Doesn't Oprah have her own TV channel now?

Dyclonious
03-16-2011, 01:56 PM
K Ladylove u didn't answer my question.

Please provide slightly more details on you tanking a str. bear with your int enchantress.

Also, previously I mentioned I pvp in the 15 - 25 brackets... soo...I'm listening.

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 01:56 PM
It's easier to get away from the drama of pvp, where there IS drama, by not pvping at all. Yeah, you can use the ignore button, but pvp is more fun when you can have pleasant conversation between fights with people who are just there to have fun.

StompArtist
03-16-2011, 02:00 PM
K Ladylove u didn't answer my question.

Also, previously I mentioned I pvp in the 15 - 25 brackets... soo...I'm listening.

None of my business but... You might want to have a look at the leader board.

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 02:01 PM
It's easier to get away from the drama of pvp, where there IS drama, by not pvping at all. Yeah, you can use the ignore button, but pvp is more fun when you can have pleasant conversation between fights with people who are just there to have fun.

EDIT: Just buff, run up, execute combo, and they are all over the floor. Is there much more detail that you need? You want combos?

I do have a twink at level 20, an int/dex bear that carries a rose wand. I don't care to pvp much at that level because much of it is newer players that really don't know what they are doing. They pretty much just run in circles around the map without attacking. I stick around when there are other twinks present. I COULD kite with that rose wand, but I choose not to. I find that a good terror combo, a slash, and a stomp do the trick. No need to run away.

Dyclonious
Also, Ladylove, you just described a pvp match between a melee & melee. Which have no need in kiting, because of the high armor + melee dmg. In that situation running is only useful to regen.

Once again, back to my senario, I would like you to describe how pro it is to tank a str. Bear with a int. enchant.

Dyclonious
Also, Ladylove, you just described a pvp match between a melee & melee. Which have no need in kiting, because of the high armor + melee dmg. In that situation running is only useful to regen.

Once again, back to my senario, I would like you to describe how pro it is to tank a str. Bear with a int. enchant.

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 02:02 PM

Read my edited post. It really is very easy. My description is of pure int mage vs str bear.

hawkei
03-16-2011, 02:03 PM
read my edited post. It really is very easy. My description is of pure int mage vs str bear.

ooowwwnnnneeeedddd!!!!!!!!!

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 02:04 PM
ooowwwnnnneeeedddd!!!!!!!!!

Lol you WOULD enter the conversation with that.

superss
03-16-2011, 02:05 PM
lol i agree with you it is stupid when they are yelling "stop running!!!" not everyone is a tank you know!

Moogerfooger
03-16-2011, 02:06 PM

The reason I have never gotten into it is not really the drama/smacktalking part of it, which can be boring/irritating but when I did play a little, all I ran into were people hiding behind trees, leaving before deaths (before they instituted the leave = death), getting jumped by 3 on 1 when I was trying to 1v1 and figure out what I was doing. I am a straight up fight man-to-man (or woman) kind of guy, and all the shady tactics just rubbed me the wrong way personally. I am sure there are a lot of great/fun/cool/straight-up PvPers, but repeated run-ins with the clowns was enough to kill it for me.

Maybe some day, a lot of the PvEers will try again and you guys can feast on us :p

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 02:09 PM
The reason I have never gotten into it is not really the drama/smacktalking part of it, which can be boring/irritating but when I did play a little, all I ran into were people hiding behind trees, leaving before deaths (before they instituted the leave = death), getting jumped by 3 on 1 when I was trying to 1v1 and figure out what I was doing. I am a straight up fight man-to-man (or woman) kind of guy, and all the shady tactics just rubbed me the wrong way personally. I am sure there are a lot of great/fun/cool/straight-up PvPers, but repeated run-ins with the clowns was enough to kill it for me.

Maybe some day, a lot of the PvEers will try again and you guys can feast on us :p

That's why I don't do much at level 20. Many of the players down there are ill-experienced and/or kill grubbers.

Dyclonious
03-16-2011, 02:11 PM
Ok well.. where do I start. You mentioned your lvl 20 twink bear. your 600HP!! twink bear and how u dont need to run with him.....

Are u just not reading my posts? because no duh a 600hp bear doesn't have to worry about kiting, because they have more room to eat dmg, however with my int. enchantress I have to start running after the first blow & heal or the subsequent blows will finish me off.

This is a freakin fact lol. I can't believe I have to argue this. I can do math too, and at best case senario a properly speced dex bear @ lvl 20 can dish out more than 400pts of dmg in one combo. Hence, I want u to miss, so I run, I heal, I dps, I win. or I don't win - but at least I had a better chance than sitting in the middle of a 500+dmg ****storm trying to heal through it, which is impossible at that level.

But I digress, point being - one shouldn't complain when another player beats u - no matter how they do it. The fact is, they won. Whether you think its fair or not - it happened. Thats the game no? And to see the complaints, frankly, makes me laugh.

Dyclonious
03-16-2011, 02:15 PM
And also like I said many times in the last 10 minutes, plenty of melee are able to kill kiters/runners. np. which is why its so funny when others complain.

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Ok well.. where do I start. You mentioned your lvl 20 twink bear. your 600HP!! twink bear and how u dont need to run with him.....

Are u just not reading my posts? because no duh a 600hp bear doesn't have to worry about kiting, because they have more room to eat dmg, however with my int. enchantress I have to start running after the first blow & heal or the subsequent blows will finish me off.

This is a freakin fact lol. I can't believe I have to argue this. I can do math too, and at best case senario a properly speced dex bear @ lvl 20 can dish out more than 400pts of dmg in one combo. Hence, I want u to miss, so I run, I heal, I dps, I win. or I don't win - but at least I had a better chance than sitting in the middle of a 500+dmg ****storm trying to heal through it, which is impossible at that level.

But I digress, point being - one shouldn't complain when another player beats u - no matter how they do it. The fact is, they won. Whether you think its fair or not - it happened. Thats the game no? And to see the complaints, frankly, makes me laugh.

Yes, I am reading your posts. I'm SAYING that if you WATCH other bears with ranged items fight, you will see that a huge portion of them will, at some point, kite. All I said was that I choose not to. And if you play enchantress just right, you don't need to run away after the first blow. The kill can come even before the first blow that the bear makes on you. I can pull 20 m/s on my pure lvl 35 and 16 m/s on my 35 dextress. Mana shield holds up quite well to take the damage and there is plenty of mana to spare to cast.

EDIT: As melee, I can kill fine as well, but beckon can only take you so far.

Junside
03-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Try to discuss without provoking troll posts.

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 02:21 PM
Try to discuss without provoking troll posts.

I'm not trolling :( I'm trying to present my argument as courteously as I can...

Junside
03-16-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm not trolling :( I'm trying to present my argument as courteously as I can...

Not you Brooke.

joeychandler
03-16-2011, 02:24 PM
But I digress, point being - one shouldn't complain when another player beats u - no matter how they do it. The fact is, they won. Whether you think its fair or not - it happened. Thats the game.

This seriously contains the worst logic i've ever seen. You cant justify something by the fact that it happened...
Also no-one is even disagreeing that mages do better by kiting, i dunno what point your trying to make o.O

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 02:25 PM
This seriously contains the worst logic i've ever seen. You cant justify something by the fact that it happened...
Also no-one is even disagreeing that mages do better by kiting, i dunno what point your trying to make o.O

Yeah... I'm saying that kiting isn't entirely necessary to do well... if you do it right, kiting can save you. I just don't feel the need to and PERSONALLY do better without kiting.

Demonicdevyn
03-16-2011, 02:28 PM
OMG your a runner?
dude dont run if you pvp, its sooo annoying.
If you know your gonna die then die dont waste time plz

joeychandler
Yeah... I'm saying that kiting isn't entirely necessary to do well... if you do it right, kiting can save you. I just don't feel the need to and PERSONALLY do better without kiting.

Yea ive always kinda thought, if im gonna kite, why not hide behind trees or run out their buffs. Why stop at running :P So i try to do nothing but 'juke'.

hawkei
There are probably a dozen threads about this and they all end up with hate.. I'm not even gonna get started. -bites tongue-

What happened?

StompArtist
03-16-2011, 02:29 PM
To loosely quote Physiologic: And that is why I do not PvP. :D

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 02:30 PM
What happened?

Nothing really bad, just people insulting one another in big arguments. This is like the ultimate trollable topic..

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Yea ive always kinda thought, if im gonna kite, why not hide behind trees or run out their buffs. Why stop at running :P So i try to do nothing but 'juke'.

The closest I come to kiting is a quick knockback with firestorm and a freeze, but I will stand in one spot and most likely run towards the enemy once I have healed myself.

EDIT: excuse the double post.

Dyclonious
03-16-2011, 02:32 PM
There is no mechanical way that a 400hp enchantress at lvl 15 can sit in the middle of a str. bear throwing his skills at you without dieing in a half second. The pure numbers that a str. bear puts out totals over 400, and if crits are involved can total over 500dmg.

Also you keep jumping to the lvl 35s which proves to me you are NOT reading my posts. I do not have a lvl 35 and I wont for quite some time. Its as if I keep telling you I need apples and u give me oranges.

However you beat other players is cool, I'm not doggin you cause you don't kite.. pffft.. why would I? How you win is how you win, doesn't matter to me, more power to ya! I'm merely saying you are inaccurate in your statement that kiting is not necessary. That is just not true in all scenarios.

Thats not even the point of this convo anyway. The point is people should learn to accept their defeat, no matter how they got there. :)

Demonicdevyn
03-16-2011, 02:33 PM
PURE str bears are the people killing you?
im crying right now

Dyclonious
03-16-2011, 02:33 PM
Also, recently I have discovered u can shoot through trees, and walls depending on your angle.

Dyclonious
03-16-2011, 02:35 PM
PURE str bears are the people killing you?
im crying right now

lets hear it for the Senior member who jumps into the 3rd page of a forum thread and posts something completely irrelevant!!

And no, they don't. :) plz refer to beginning.

Demonicdevyn
03-16-2011, 02:36 PM
ive never died from a pure str bear just saying

Zeus
03-16-2011, 02:38 PM

You have this skill called weakness. Not our fault if you don't use it to it's full advantage to drop our hit percent...

Demonicdevyn
I jumped in when I say you run away on your mage and repeadeatly die which means your new to pvp and might be a bit delusional.
running is the worsst thing you can do in pvp.
and if you have to run then it means you would die anyways. honestly it wastes other ppls time in the game.
id love to face you on my lv 10 for pvp.

Dyclonious
Thats cool bro, u win. On to the topic - people who complain about kiting make me laugh.

Dyclonious
03-16-2011, 02:39 PM
I think I found one of the runner haters lol

EDIT: CLASS OVER - flame me later lol peace

Demonicdevyn
03-16-2011, 02:40 PM
oh double post time!
600 hp compared to 400 hp is nothing just heal yourself and combo him.
i do it all the time 200 hp can be gone with one hit from my lv 10

Zeus
You don't need to run at all in PvP. No reason to. If you can figure out to use your skills smartly in PvP and which ones to use first to save your life. That's how you PvP, otherwise you are basically playing hide and seek from the angry bear/bird.

Ladylove
There is no mechanical way that a 400hp enchantress at lvl 15 can sit in the middle of a str. bear throwing his skills at you without dieing in a half second. The pure numbers that a str. bear puts out totals over 400, and if crits are involved can total over 500dmg.

Also you keep jumping to the lvl 35s which proves to me you are NOT reading my posts. I do not have a lvl 35 and I wont for quite some time. Its as if I keep telling you I need apples and u give me oranges.

However you beat other players is cool, I'm not doggin you cause you don't kite.. pffft.. why would I? How you win is how you win, doesn't matter to me, more power to ya! I'm merely saying you are inaccurate in your statement that kiting is not necessary. That is just not true in all scenarios.

Thats not even the point of this convo anyway. The point is people should learn to accept their defeat, no matter how they got there. :)

I have not had a level 15 twink, but I have had a level 19 twink mage before. I believe it was either pure int or int with a bit of dex. Didn't need to kite then. I believe I was wearing nature mage robe of mastery, darkbolt blaster of the owl, and some random helm. This was my very first twink EVER and I didn't know much about twinking at all. This was over the summer. Didn't feel the need to kite then either. It took about three skills to pop people on the ground. Yes, standing on top of them. Some people can do it, some people can't. It is not at all impossible. It has everything to do with your mindset and what you bring to the table.

Demonicdevyn
03-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Thats cool bro, u win. On to the topic - people who complain about kiting make me laugh.

1.not your bro
2.your not funny
3.kiting is the funniest and most pathetic part of pvp
4.you would not only be killed by my lv 10 but shortly after booted from my game
5.ty for your time as for me it was a waste of it

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 02:44 PM
I've just been sort of surprised the whole time that the first activity of this brand new forumer has been posting a mocking thread about a topic as controversial as running in pvp.

StompArtist
03-16-2011, 02:46 PM
The way I see it (and I do not want to make this worst) is that running currently works relatively well for some players and aggravates other players. As long as it will be possible for the first players to do it some of them will keep on doing it no matter what the more experienced/better players say about it... As long as some kind of PvP changes are not done this behavior will continue... I do not know how this could be fixed either.

Demonicdevyn
03-16-2011, 02:51 PM
The way I see it (and I do not want to make this worst) is that running currently works relatively well for some players and aggravates other players. As long as it will be possible for the first players to do it some of them will keep on doing it no matter what the more experienced/better players say about it... As long as some kind of PvP changes are not done this behavior will continue... I do not know how this could be fixed either.

Yea stomp I get it but it doesnt cange the fact that its cheap.
the runner never stay alive it just annoys us

Necrobane
03-16-2011, 02:51 PM
If warriors has a sort of "charge" ability, I think that peoples opinions would change. As now the combat would just be about when the warrior decides to charge. That way running is necessary.

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 02:53 PM
If warriors has a sort of "charge" ability, I think that peoples opinions would change. As now the combat would just be about when the warrior decides to charge. That way running is necessary.

I think that would be an excellent ability to have. There isn't much of a way for a warrior to get to the runners. Birds and mages get the knockbacks and freezes/roots that the bears can't really get out of... once the bear is free: ZOOM!

StompArtist
03-16-2011, 02:55 PM
I think that would be an excellent ability to have. There isn't much of a way for a warrior to get to the runners. Birds and mages get the knockbacks and freezes/roots that the bears can't really get out of... once the bear is free: ZOOM!

Or a "tower guard" proc? Bear cannot be touched as long as he doesn't attack while the proc is active?

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Or a "tower guard" proc? Bear cannot be touched as long as he doesn't attack while the proc is active?

Maybe. I think there really needs to be a protection against spawn killing. Like after you spawn there is an option you push to enter the fight. Screen is loaded and all, but you can't be touched until you agree to enter the fight. Maybe the inactive player could glow a certain color as a notification.

Ghosty
03-16-2011, 03:29 PM
A good bear/warbird will never complain about u running .....those that do are probably those same wow players in arena who cant figure out why they cant get past 1500 rating

Ghosty
03-16-2011, 03:34 PM
The worst are nub mages that complain youre running....they do their opening combo then just go "wtf do i do now?" When they see your still alive.......i built for regen for a reason buddy!

Imperial-legend
03-16-2011, 10:13 PM
theres no rule in pvp especially in FFA, i used to explain patiently to those newbs abt how running is a tactic but now i just ignore them (cos some of them r so stubborn and scold me noob...) i also come up with this: 'runners r pros and chasers r noobs' which is true in many circumstances.:o

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 10:15 PM
theres no rule in pvp especially in FFA, i used to explain patiently to those newbs abt how running is a tactic but now i just ignore them (cos some of them r so stubborn and scold me noob...) i also come up with this: 'runners r pros and chasers r noobs' which is true in many circumstances.:o

That makes me a big fat noob. :)

hawkei
03-16-2011, 10:16 PM
That makes me a big fat noob. :)

I wana say something but maybe I shouldn't:o

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 10:17 PM
I wana say something but maybe I shouldn't:o

HAMMAN... we can't hijack this thread too

hawkei
03-16-2011, 10:18 PM
HAMMAN... we can't hijack this thread too

Wana bet. Wana talk about that loser iceyflames behind his back :D

Solvok
03-16-2011, 10:18 PM
It's sorta annoying to watch no-skilled birds repulse you then run like a drunk pig, and then come in for the kill. They say it's part of their "Advantage." Uh no.

Physiologic
03-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Man this thread got out of whack, lol. But always expected in a PvP thread :p

May I divert your attention back to the 3rd post on this thread:

This is why I don't PvP.

hawkei
03-16-2011, 10:31 PM
I don't think it bothers me that much. I mean I always end up killing the runners in thee end. Or I just stay away from them.

Nytesdawn
03-19-2011, 08:17 AM
I don't think it bothers me that much. I mean I always end up killing the runners in thee end. Or I just stay away from them.

True. So very true.

noobmigo
03-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Man, I just whack 'em and pee all over their faces.

Zerious
03-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Here's the easiest way to shut everyone up:

Nothing in pvp is unfair. Everyone is always complaining about running and kiting being unfair. It's not, as no one is limited to doing this. As for kiting/running being necessary, that's an opinion, if you make one, please provide relevant reason behind it in a non-trollish manner.

My personal opinion is the runners are annoying, since they just freeze, knockback, root, or whatever, and then run away till it's safe. What I'd do to them is run until my regen heals me completely. Just to prove a point: it's not unfair, just annoying as hell.

About kiters: takes practice and skill to kite effectively. Classes have their advantages, sure, but that's for the player to decide if they want to be any "OP" class. You need to know your ranges and have decent juking/reading tactics to pull off effective kiting.

There's a thin line between running and kiting. The name of the line is auto attack.

Now please people, stop complaining over something that will always be in pvp. And runners, just shut up. If you find humor in it that's fine, but no need to provoke those who are immensely annoyed by it. If you simply use the "strategy" defense, then that's cool, no hard feelings. But please, being a runner and taunting non-runners on the forums is a pathetic and punk thing to do. Just don't. Go run.

Ladylove
03-19-2011, 10:06 PM
Here's the easiest way to shut everyone up:

Nothing in pvp is unfair. Everyone is always complaining about running and kiting being unfair. It's not, as no one is limited to doing this. As for kiting/running being necessary, that's an opinion, if you make one, please provide relevant reason behind it in a non-trollish manner.

My personal opinion is the runners are annoying, since they just freeze, knockback, root, or whatever, and then run away till it's safe. What I'd do to them is run until my regen heals me completely. Just to prove a point: it's not unfair, just annoying as hell.

About kiters: takes practice and skill to kite effectively. Classes have their advantages, sure, but that's for the player to decide if they want to be any "OP" class. You need to know your ranges and have decent juking/reading tactics to pull off effective kiting.

There's a thin line between running and kiting. The name of the line is auto attack.

Now please people, stop complaining over something that will always be in pvp. And runners, just shut up. If you find humor in it that's fine, but no need to provoke those who are immensely annoyed by it. If you simply use the "strategy" defense, then that's cool, no hard feelings. But please, being a runner and taunting non-runners on the forums is a pathetic and punk thing to do. Just don't. Go run.

You have been awarded: 10 charm points! You deserve it.

Pharcyde
03-19-2011, 10:10 PM
Only unfair thing in PvP: Bears vs mage and bears vs bird. Only like a select few bears have ever been able to get elite PvP bear status.

Ladylove
03-19-2011, 10:12 PM
Only unfair thing in PvP: Bears vs mage and bears vs bird. Only like a select few bears have ever been able to get elite PvP bear status.

I LOVE fighting bears on Ladylove. I was with Fabio and he was throwing me all over the map. It was so much easier to deal damage if I just had him fight me in a corner. We had some good long fights and I was just pouncing all over him lol. He kept winning though. It's hard to cut through that dodge.

Otukura
03-20-2011, 01:49 PM
Stop complaining about running.... watch me LOS

Nytesdawn
03-22-2011, 05:44 PM
People seem to complain about running for any reason whatsoever. Like when they charge at me suddenly so I run away for a very brief moment to set up buffs. Even then they yell RUNNER!

It's so annoying. By calling someone a noob you're calling someone a unskilled player who you cannot beat. And by not being able to beat a "noob" you are a noob yourself. I hate explaining that to people.