PDA

View Full Version : Relative Area Balance

lilbyrdie
03-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Maybe it's just me, but several areas or mini-dungeons seem to be harder or easier than they should be (based on the suggested levels).

Elite Frost (30-35): Hard for a group of 40s and 50s to complete. Too hard, even for being labelled Elite. No XP beyond 30? or 33? I don't think I ever got XP in Elite Frost. The concept is nice (an Elite mid-game area), but the execution and rewards don't seem fitting. If you need to be 50 to reasonably make it through, the level 35 gear at the end is a bit of a waste.

Swamps (30-35): Struck me as fairly hard when I first got to them. The mini-dungeons designed for L35+ are nice for 35-40, but don't give XP and have really low drop-rates, making them very boring with almost no reward. Skeller Crunch returns is the same level, but quite a bit easier and has better rewards, but no quests.

Alien Oasis I (35-40): Easier than swamps, IMO, even for under levels 30-35.
Alien Oasis II (40-45): Ditto, should be more like 35-40, but I'm glad it's not so I can get XP. :) Problem is, the gear is all L45, so I can't really use it. Have to stash it away.
Alien Oasis III (45-50): Seemed substantially harder than AO2. Probably means it's balanced better to its level.

Would love to see more content in the 35-45 range that drops usable gear for the level I'm at. Always getting gear 5-10 levels above me is boring. It means I sell it and buy what I can use, which works but isn't nearly as fun as finding something that I can immediately equip.

But, regardless, point is that the difficulty of the areas doesn't feel consistent with the level labels, the XP received, or the items received when compared to other areas.