PDA

View Full Version : IGN market

Dragoonclaws
03-17-2015, 09:29 PM
Hello,

We recently heard and read threads and things about the IGN market. You all know that it's a really risky market. I went on the contest section and found those silly people trying to buy names (sorry but it's ridiculous). SO I've come up with this small idea: In order to shatter the IGN market, I decided to make my brain work and find some cool IGNs for you!!! FREE original IGNs!!! I made a list of over 70 untaken IGNs in 5hours. Well, my brain was working while my fingers were farming Brackenridge.

I decided to make a monthly giveaway of those names. I will list about 10 available themed names (that I personally saved in some emails to avoid steals), you'd choose a name and I'll randomly pick an owner for each names given away.

Example:

IGNA
IGNB
IGNC
INGD

In comments, player would give their IGN preference and their actual IGN. At the end of the month, I'll gather all preferences and pick a winner for each IGN. Player would have to contact me in game to tell when he wants me to unlock the name for him. Be sure I will refuse ALL donation for these names. They are not for sale and I absolutely want nothing for them. I am ready to disqualify any player who attempt buying.
If needed, I will create a history of the saved names and given ones including the emails where they are saved for moderators to follow.

I made this thread to have your opinion on this idea. Should I make this monthly give away? Are there any people who need good IGNs? I plan starting this friday, and if possible have some feedback from moderators.

Problmatique
03-17-2015, 09:39 PM
Good idea imo, I'm sure it'll be helpful to people who have trouble finding a "cool" IGN. And hopefully lower the amount of risky trades people do for names.

Dragoonclaws
03-17-2015, 09:43 PM
Good idea imo, I'm sure it'll be helpful to people who have trouble finding a "cool" IGN. And hopefully lower the amount of risky trades people do for names.

that's the whole point. and it's also a source of inspiration for new IGN ideas ^-^ (they would create their own cool IGN if they don't get the prefered IGN)

Zylx
03-18-2015, 12:43 AM
Cool fact, I made my name from typing "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"... xyz.... zyx.

I would've had Zyx if it was available so I went through the alphabet for something to add, and after 5mins, I came up with Zylx.

This is pretty cool idea, and I'm curious to see what kind of names you were able to find. I have a few names I could probably donate to you for you to add to your giveaways, if you'd like. PM me for more info.

ColdBlahd
03-18-2015, 01:30 AM
My names are: Ozzy, Critastrophe, Inhalants, Badfurday, and Inscription. I'm all set :)

ClumsyCactus
03-18-2015, 02:01 AM
My names are: Ozzy, Critastrophe, Inhalants, Badfurday, and Inscription. I'm all set :)
Im fine with the ones written below my sig ^^

codered
03-18-2015, 06:40 AM
Omg, like im the only one here pick my IGN without even thinking year ago :o

Nesria
03-18-2015, 09:31 AM
mine are Centroid, daisynukes, radrazer, arrowroot, karmony, janebell, marybella, gothiq, lunacrit i think thats it hve to check again :P

Dragoonclaws
03-18-2015, 10:19 AM
Today, I helped a friend find a nice IGN with my list:

Sodalicious (the name is now taken)

Dragoonclaws
03-18-2015, 12:56 PM
Yes, it's a good idea. I just want the name "Shiny" but it's not available and I've never seen this player. Probably someone who quit a very long time ago or never even got passed the first few maps before he found another game to play. In most MMO's, they will delete your account and recycle your name if you haven't logged in a long time. I know I lost my toon in Order & Chaos while keeping busy with this game and someone is now using my old IGN.

nah they don't destroy your character. They're not really allowed, what if the player comes back? not easy to deal with that kind of situation

bedmaster
03-19-2015, 06:53 AM
My igns: bedmaster, plaviskz (main), exeldor, johanxpvp (not a twink) id like a funny ign pls :D

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

Dragoonclaws
03-19-2015, 07:02 AM
I think I'll just give away IGN by asking players what kind of IGN they want. bedmaster, i've got some good ones for you.

ClumsyCactus
03-19-2015, 09:10 AM
For the hungergames fans: mockingjay is not taken last time i checked.