PDA

View Full Version : Q&A From A Player's Perspective

SaltyMcSwag
03-17-2015, 10:37 PM
Hey there, just writing this thread for any questions that you would like to have answered from someone who knows the in's and out's pretty well, with only 3 days of gametime. Any questions you want answered with the knowledge of a player, please post below, I will answer them as soon as possible.

Remiem
03-19-2015, 11:51 AM
Welcome to the forums, Salty! For all you forumers out there, this guy took the cake at our SXSW event beating the devs with a crazy score of 71,700 points. :O If you're wondering about the game from a player perspective he's definitely your guy.

mastergundam
03-19-2015, 10:17 PM
You know tips? Great

SaltyMcSwag
03-19-2015, 11:09 PM
You know tips? Great

Sure do, ask away.

ClumsyCactus
03-24-2015, 06:47 PM
Salty, you play AL?
Or is MMOs not your thing?
Also, i have watched all the videos, and they all leave me completely clueless...
What is even the Goal of the game? All i can make out is that you seem to push some kind of ball, and there are towers.

SaltyMcSwag
03-24-2015, 10:47 PM
Salty, you play AL?
Or is MMOs not your thing?
Also, i have watched all the videos, and they all leave me completely clueless...
What is even the Goal of the game? All i can make out is that you seem to push some kind of ball, and there are towers.
I do not play AL, I didn't really get into it due to the lack of me playing mobile mmos. Anyways, the goal of the game is to score more points than your opponents. There are different amount of points for each objective, kills give you 100, towers give you 5000 (although you get 10000 when the orb kills it), and 50000 for the base, which also ends the game. If you are tied on all kills and turrets, then whoever did the most damage will win the game. The game is really centered around teamwork and the orb of death. The orb acts as a damage reduction to tower shots so you and/or your team can easily kill the turret without being hurt too badly. The orb has to be touching the turret for any of the bonuses to take affect, such as the major damage reduction and the slow damage onto the turret. Once you down two towers in a lane, you can push the orb further into a holding spot in front of the enemies base which will explode the walls so you can attack the base, it has a decent amount of health, so make sure to push it with your team. There are two buffs on the map that are different each time, they rotate between four buffs, Haste, Speed, Defense, and Damage. You can share these buffs by standing in the center of the map for 3 seconds; however, if you take any damage, or move, the channel is canceled and you will have to restart it. It is well worth you while to do so if you are in the lead and are not in danger of losing any objectives. If you need to heal, you just walk back into the plasma wall that is outside your base, you just need to touch that and you will go into healing mode, unlike LoL where you have to stay in the "well" to heal up.

This should answer your question, but let me know if you need more information.

- Salty

ClumsyCactus
03-25-2015, 02:14 AM
I do not play AL, I didn't really get into it due to the lack of me playing mobile mmos. Anyways, the goal of the game is to score more points than your opponents. There are different amount of points for each objective, kills give you 100, towers give you 5000 (although you get 10000 when the orb kills it), and 50000 for the base, which also ends the game. If you are tied on all kills and turrets, then whoever did the most damage will win the game. The game is really centered around teamwork and the orb of death. The orb acts as a damage reduction to tower shots so you and/or your team can easily kill the turret without being hurt too badly. The orb has to be touching the turret for any of the bonuses to take affect, such as the major damage reduction and the slow damage onto the turret. Once you down two towers in a lane, you can push the orb further into a holding spot in front of the enemies base which will explode the walls so you can attack the base, it has a decent amount of health, so make sure to push it with your team. There are two buffs on the map that are different each time, they rotate between four buffs, Haste, Speed, Defense, and Damage. You can share these buffs by standing in the center of the map for 3 seconds; however, if you take any damage, or move, the channel is canceled and you will have to restart it. It is well worth you while to do so if you are in the lead and are not in danger of losing any objectives. If you need to heal, you just walk back into the plasma wall that is outside your base, you just need to touch that and you will go into healing mode, unlike LoL where you have to stay in the "well" to heal up.

- Salty

Wow! more information than i needed, but really good to know, thanks alot!
(Ima add reputation to you, so pardon me not thanking that reply XD)

Castellann
03-25-2015, 03:40 AM
Wow! more information than i needed, but really good to know, thanks alot!
(Ima add reputation to you, so pardon me not thanking that reply XD)

just LOL

Castellann
03-25-2015, 03:41 AM

- Salty

TY very much for that info!

SaltyMcSwag
03-25-2015, 01:03 PM
TY very much for that info!
No problem!

Electrophiles
03-25-2015, 08:08 PM
No problem!

Do you know how many players are jelly of you

Castellann
03-25-2015, 10:38 PM

double LOL

SaltyMcSwag
03-26-2015, 09:24 AM

Not really, how many? :P

Zylx
03-26-2015, 01:29 PM
What sets a player apart from the rest? There is no gear, so I'm assuming everyone within a given level is equal in terms of stats, so is this game basically set on pure player skill and strategy, or is it a button-mash to the death to see who will die first?

Kyle Holmes
03-26-2015, 01:35 PM
Its pure player skill, thats why i love these games, not like AL where someone has spent their weeks wage just to be better than everyone

SaltyMcSwag
03-26-2015, 07:00 PM
What sets a player apart from the rest? There is no gear, so I'm assuming everyone within a given level is equal in terms of stats, so is this game basically set on pure player skill and strategy, or is it a button-mash to the death to see who will die first?

Kyle is right, this game is base on skill and teamwork, there is no point of getting "fed" because you can still die the next time they are alive. That's what makes this game so fun.

Castellann
03-26-2015, 10:37 PM
Its pure player skill, thats why i love these games, not like AL where someone has spent their weeks wage just to be better than everyone

true. AL sux coz of it.

Ignitedmage
03-27-2015, 09:24 AM
Aaa i am pretty sure you have permission of telling about the game.
So can you tell me a brief summary of it (completely)?
Please i wanna know about it as it is releasing in july......

kydrian
03-27-2015, 09:49 AM
I noticed there aren't any minions just champions? How do you level up then? Or is there no leveling?

"For the weak, for the weary, for the helpless, FOR THE LIGHT!"
~Donovic
Bringer Of Salvation

Castellann
03-27-2015, 09:53 AM
I noticed there aren't any minions just champions? How do you level up then? Or is there no leveling?

~Donovic
Bringer Of Salvation
sure? u can lvl up ur champion.

kydrian
03-27-2015, 11:17 AM

The reason I asked was because i don't notice there are items to use? Or Is there because I play a moba called heroes of order and chaos Hoc and it seems more detailed than this game I'm not saying CoC looks like a bad game but it doesn't seem like there's much of anything you can do which I understand it's normally would take 5 minutes to finish a game

~Donovic
Bringer Of Salvation

Jenzz
03-27-2015, 11:19 AM
Each champion has 10 tiers of advancement, with a number of passive skill choices in each that might affect the duration of effects of your power.

SaltyMcSwag
03-27-2015, 01:08 PM
There is actually no leveling in this game, you start out with all of your abilities and max level, which is one.

SaltyMcSwag
03-27-2015, 01:09 PM
Each champion has 10 tiers of advancement, with a number of passive skill choices in each that might affect the duration of effects of your power.
Where did you find this out?

Jenzz
03-27-2015, 01:26 PM
Where did you find this out?

From Cinco Barnes' interview:
http://venturebeat.com/2015/02/25/call-of-champions-promises-a-complete-mobile-moba-match-in-5-minutes/

Castellann
03-27-2015, 02:13 PM
There is actually no leveling in this game, you start out with all of your abilities and max level, which is one.

emmm idk.. when i asked VROOM about lvling, he replied yes it is. Mb i got him wrong but i was sure that he told about lvl up. Sure lvl up its incorrect name. Opening of talents is most true i think. But mb i am wrong :)

lethaljade
03-27-2015, 02:20 PM
Class balance, is there an overall better all round class, or are all classes actually useful for different purposes. Also how hard are the characters to use, does this vary alot like o and c's moba or are most classes/characters pretty simple to grasp?

Not sure if you personally know the info on this, but do you or anyone else happen to know if this game is going to be cross platform for ios and andriod?

Sorry for so many questions lol.

SaltyMcSwag
03-27-2015, 02:37 PM
Class balance, is there an overall better all round class, or are all classes actually useful for different purposes. Also how hard are the characters to use, does this vary alot like o and c's moba or are most classes/characters pretty simple to grasp?

Not sure if you personally know the info on this, but do you or anyone else happen to know if this game is going to be cross platform for ios and andriod?

Sorry for so many questions lol.

All characters are useful for different purposes, however, my two favorite are Cinder and Modus, they are both very powerful mages. The game is intended to work on both OSs and will be optimized for both. Ask more if you need new info.