PDA

View Full Version : Dun dun dunna dun... BAT MAN!

Frenzyn
03-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Opinions please?
I actually couldn't add more, because my photoshop completely crashed, and forgot to save to i had to save it with a print screen. XD If i could, i would have made it better.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/075/c/3/batman_by_spencerimbleau-d3bspu6.png

http://spencerimbleau.deviantart.com/art/Batman-201214158

Zeus
03-16-2011, 06:51 PM
The shading is waay to dark. I can barely see the symbol itself. I notice that you like dark backgrounds? Try a metallic steel brushed background? Then the logo with the background would make it up more, appear more detailed, and look nicer in general.

Frenzyn
03-16-2011, 06:54 PM
To be honest, this forum has a pretty bright background with can affect the way your eyes perceive art, and also i do black backgrounds because,
black is a much better contrast than any other color, and lets eyes percieve color much better. But, also another main reason i couldn't touch up the image was because my photoshop completely broke down in the middle and i had to save it with a screenshot. As you can read the first sentance.. xD

Zeus
03-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Even on the other website it is like that. Which has a mellow color background. Black, while a good contrast, does not look good when mixed with other darker colors. (Believe that is a general rule of art). I was just trying to offer constructive criticism.

ChadM
03-16-2011, 07:43 PM
To be honest, this forum has a pretty bright background with can affect the way your eyes perceive art, and also i do black backgrounds because,
black is a much better contrast than any other color, and lets eyes percieve color much better. But, also another main reason i couldn't touch up the image was because my photoshop completely broke down in the middle and i had to save it with a screenshot. As you can read the first sentance.. xD

This is design, not just art. The point of design is to convey an idea with clarity, in this case, something to do with Batman. If the message is not apparent, you did a poor job, the rest no longer matters. Looking cool doesn't matter anywhere near as much as conveying the message, get your design priorities straight. If you think the setting for your piece will affect it's appearance or interpretation, it's on you to fix it so it works, not to explain to the viewer why something is how it is.

Don't take that the wrong way, I haven't even commented on your actual work, just your thought process approaching the subject. You require a solid foundation if you ever want to develop your own style. Crappy foundations in art lead to crappy styles developed down the road.

gnardog666
03-16-2011, 07:45 PM
i peronally love it. kinda reminds me of how the punisher logo is on his vest. i wouldnt change it