PDA

View Full Version : Remiem's Weekly Community Update | March 18th, 2015

Remiem
03-18-2015, 05:16 PM
Spring Has Sprung

Greetings Legends, and welcome to your weekly community update!

In This Week's News

+ The Leprechoblin event ends tommorrow! That sneaky Leprechoblin has wreaked havoc for long enough. Our top rogue, Pocahontah has found and defeated him nearly 9,000 times! Top Sorcerer Xerrious isn't far behind with 7,304. And our top Warrior Asurap has taken him down 6,126 times.*

*As of writing this post

The top 25 members of each class will receive their fancy banners and plat crates when the event ends at 1:30pm CDT tomorrow.

+ Aaaand, the pet crate party continues! This week, visit the Beastmaster for your Wolf Pup crate, including brand new legendary wolf pup: Foxy.

+ We've got a new event starting tomorrow...Craft Mania! What does that mean? Well you'll have to check the announcements tomorrow to find out the details. But I'll give you a hint. Baldur is working faster than ever these days. He can have your gem crafting done in less time than it takes to run Elite Brackenridge!

+ The bug squashing continues!
+ Frost Touched Bow no longer damages allies in PvP
+ Planar Tombs, Gladiator Arena, Elite Tindirin Leaderboards returned

Coming Soon

Expansion Teasers Ahead
We've been working day and night to get the expansion ready and it is really coming along nicely. Are you ready?! Productor's Producer's Letter will go out this coming Friday with your very first sneak peek at the expansion town and a little bit more on what to expect when it arrives.

Bugs and Suggestions
We will continue to collect your bug reports and suggestions each week and get as many as we can into the schedule. Don't forget to post in the comments below to help guide us to what you want to see the most. Always keep in mind that some things are much bigger in scope than others. For example, class balance won't be done overnight, but we will always keep it in mind.

In Other News

Thank You For Your Feedback
As you can imagine, we got a lot of feedback last week when we announced that the skill system had been tabled until further notice. We truly appreciate you all taking the time to write to us and express your feelings and opinions on the announcement. We gained a lot of valuable feedback and information that we will use to help inform our decisions around the matter in the future. You all continue to prove to be the most involved and dedicated gaming community out there. Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's Next?

What do you want to see next, folks? Let us know in the comments what you would like to see us put our attention on next and share your most brilliant ideas. I'll see you in next week's update!

Enterradora
03-18-2015, 05:40 PM
first :)

can be the next pet crate spider kind? tnx

Ravager
03-18-2015, 05:42 PM
Hope Foxy's stats are good. Wolf pups tend to only hit 1 also which may be a setback for the wolf pup.

Enterradora
03-18-2015, 05:46 PM
Hope Foxy's stats are good. Wolf pups tend to only hit 1 also which may be a setback for the wolf pup.

what about the damage that have planar tombs wolfs? :emmersed:

Ravager
03-18-2015, 05:47 PM
what about the damage that have planar tombs wolfs? :emmersed:

Those are wild untamed fully grown wolves. These wolf pups are neutered and usually can't hold up against many other pets in the stable.

Imsofancy
03-18-2015, 05:57 PM
oh boy...

carmine_blade
03-18-2015, 06:15 PM
Yuss expansion news!

carmine_blade
03-18-2015, 06:18 PM
Also, we are spoiled with events lately, ty STS :)

Noobx
03-18-2015, 06:24 PM
Another trash crate released by STS to squeeze gold out of suckers. Whats next, a deer crate? goat crate? turtle crate?

Bellaelda
03-18-2015, 06:44 PM
I would LOVE to see a pet crate "Lost and Found"... Could have pets like sns (shady n surge), shade, nightshade, and some the other missing in action or discontinued pets of arlor!

Really unfortunate that these overpowered pets still haven't been introduced to the general population and sts doesn't do any events where we can aquire anything like them... It's all just vanity junk now.

Hey wait... Nightshade is a wolf... Put him in the crate now!!!
We sick of not being able to aquire these pets... Can't get anything good anymore... Do it! Do it! Do it!

ketoh
03-18-2015, 06:52 PM
I hope he has a good event

ColdBlahd
03-18-2015, 07:07 PM
So hot

extrapayah
03-18-2015, 07:23 PM
please make the legendary rate a bit more higher pleeease :DDDD

Ladysophie
03-18-2015, 08:06 PM
A big sigh.

Clickbangboom
03-18-2015, 08:20 PM
Thanks, cant wait to see what this next mini event will be like.

For suggestions of things that would be nice to see implemented in the game:
Organizable stable! (Yes, I know I have said it before)
And lets get essence moved to the satchel! :) This would free up inventory space which I am sure many people would appreciate as their inventory spaces are maxed out!

Thats all for now.
Thanks again for the update Rem!

Dragoonclaws
03-18-2015, 09:13 PM
Well for this event... Sorcerer gone crazy!!!

21/25 of overall LB is made of sorcerers!!! There are only 2 rogues, and 2 Warriors!

Kingofninjas
03-18-2015, 11:58 PM
I would LOVE to see a pet crate "Lost and Found"... Could have pets like sns (shady n surge), shade, nightshade, and some the other missing in action or discontinued pets of arlor!

Really unfortunate that these overpowered pets still haven't been introduced to the general population and sts doesn't do any events where we can aquire anything like them... It's all just vanity junk now.

Hey wait... Nightshade is a wolf... Put him in the crate now!!!
We sick of not being able to aquire these pets... Can't get anything good anymore... Do it! Do it! Do it!

Making exclusive pets available through any sort of crate will absolutely destroy its value. Take a look at Maridos. Down to 15m (ish) within a month of its release. Honestly, I would rather see these pets remain exclusive because releasing them into crates will just mean more of them to deal with in pvp.

Ladysophie
03-19-2015, 12:43 AM
Making exclusive pets available through any sort of crate will absolutely destroy its value. Take a look at Maridos. Down to 15m (ish) within a month of its release. Honestly, I would rather see these pets remain exclusive because releasing them into crates will just mean more of them to deal with in pvp.
I dont like forum because i have noticed the spirit of contradiction nearly everyehere. People writing to contradict others for the simple pleasure of it without understanding the other person's point of view; maybe its makes them feel important, i dont know.

Nightshade and Sns are two pets that have been out for nearly a year and there are no chances of obtaining them except you were here when they were released, they are among if not the best pets in the stable. I can understand a discontinued vanity but why make such powerful pets unobtainable for life. It has been nearly a year they have been on top of the food chain thats enough! Its time others have the chance to use them instead of this silly Foxy, excuse me.

Bellaelda
03-19-2015, 01:41 AM
I dont like forum because i have noticed the spirit of contradiction nearly everyehere. People writing to contradict others for the simple pleasure of it without understanding the other person's point of view; maybe its makes them feel important, i dont know.

Nightshade and Sns are two pets that have been out for nearly a year and there are no chances of obtaining them except you were here when they were released, they are among if not the best pets in the stable. I can understand a discontinued vanity but why make such powerful pets unobtainable for life. It has been nearly a year they have been on top of the food chain thats enough! Its time others have the chance to use them instead of this silly Foxy, excuse me.

Exactly! Events now just give vanitys and other such junk.... sts claimed that the reason for this was because pets being exclusive was unfair... But what's even more unfair is that they are still the best pets in game and still are unobtainable

Upperbound
03-19-2015, 01:52 AM
Another recolored pet. Zzzz.

gabrielgarcia1128534
03-19-2015, 01:59 AM
Another wolf @.@

Dex Scene
03-19-2015, 02:55 AM
Can we get owl pet crates too for hazel?

Jirikjurasek
03-19-2015, 03:50 AM
Thank you Rem for weekly update, its clear and every paragraph contains usefull information about what we can expect :-) 128542

What's Next?

What do you want to see next, folks? Let us know in the comments what you would like to see us put our attention on next and share your most brilliant ideas. I'll see you in next week's update!

Suggestion on skill rewamp:

Passive Damage:

instead of 1%, 2%,...5% dmg , skill add 1 dmg, 2 dmg...5 dmg.
percentage based bonus was good when most pets havenīt damage bonus, but now, when in fact all pets, which players use, have damage bonus, this skill is outdated and useless. Skill with static dmg bonus (not percentage based) will come into play again.

Passive Speed:

instead of speed bonus make it damage reduction (1%, 2%,...5%)
as well as passive damage bonus, lots of pets mostly using pets have speed bonus or people simply donīt spend skill points into this
this will help to solve lots of complains about pvp as well, adding survivability a bit

Implementing this two changes should lead to people will spend more skill points to the passives and have less points for active skills. That will lead to more player style variability and support player personality again as it was before, when we have less skill points - mostly every player has his/her own unique build and game was more varied :-)

With these changes we can start with theory crafting again, dilemma which combination of skills are good for specific situations were always the half of fun in all games.

Rx8
03-19-2015, 05:34 AM

Ppl only paid 30m+ to be one of the first owners, and as a collector. The pet is worth its price...

Ssneakykills
03-19-2015, 06:03 AM
Double crate odds for next update

Arvaen
03-19-2015, 06:26 AM
Does anyone know when the next plat sale is? And how often plat sales are?

bedmaster
03-19-2015, 06:34 AM
Id like: mythic version of maridos,sns and whim xD
And cant wait for test server so i can play god.
Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

.no
03-19-2015, 07:23 AM
Wtf, owl crate already. These crates = beastmaster with no plat spent.

Candylicks
03-19-2015, 07:29 AM
1. Bigger guild hall. Can you change it so more people can fit inside? Or allow a bigger one w/ plat purchase? We are constantly battling this w/ our guild meetings and guild pictures we can't all fit inside.

2. The tip toe on the skill revamp, please start changing this. Start with one skill at a time, or one passive at a time. Even fixing what is broke! How about the serrated arrow that REDUCES damage?

3. Release the next mythic pet. You did the arcane, Maridos which we love btw. Now it's time for the mythic to come for the next expansion. Whip it out guys!!!! Y'all hold back on new so badly, we are tired of the recolors, recycled stuff.

4. We want Remi to dress in a bunny costume for Easter. If we make a community contest, will she oblige? Or how about a contest between Remi and Cara and the loser has to wear the bunny suit? <3 We love you guys!!!

Jazzi
03-19-2015, 08:33 AM
1. Bigger guild hall. Can you change it so more people can fit inside? Or allow a bigger one w/ plat purchase? We are constantly battling this w/ our guild meetings and guild pictures we can't all fit inside.

2. The tip toe on the skill revamp, please start changing this. Start with one skill at a time, or one passive at a time. Even fixing what is broke! How about the serrated arrow that REDUCES damage?

3. Release the next mythic pet. You did the arcane, Maridos which we love btw. Now it's time for the mythic to come for the next expansion. Whip it out guys!!!! Y'all hold back on new so badly, we are tired of the recolors, recycled stuff.

4. We want Remi to dress in a bunny costume for Easter. If we make a community contest, will she oblige? Or how about a contest between Remi and Cara and the loser has to wear the bunny suit? <3 We love you guys!!!

I can understand that you need time for the new things. I can understand that you have to make something to keep generating revenue, albeit those being recoloured pets. But I have been waiting for those fixes of the skills, I am not talking about the revamp just fixes of the bugs currently in existence, since you mentioned Madnex's list. As of now none of those have been fixed. Could please fix the current bugs with the skills? Tyvm in advance.

P.S. Since you are fixing the frost bow could you please look into its proc'S behaviour in pve as well. The so called "Boss Flinging" it cause most of the times is making it practically unusable in places like planar tombs 2, where the boss is suddenly on top of the whole party while casting its curse, thus the proc effectively killing the whole party and resetting the boss. Because of that I personally try to avoid parties with frost bow users in elite maps.

Candylicks
03-19-2015, 09:44 AM
I forgot one thing.

Add larger gold payouts in elite map bosses.

These maps are expensive to run, feeding pets/ankh/potions. Adding payouts will help since the legendary items are worth, well nothing now. 10K at the best.

Socrates
03-19-2015, 09:44 AM
still waiting for the owl pet crate so I can finally take the ap.... Oh well patience is the key (I Hope) :)

Aquatika
03-19-2015, 10:25 AM
We would like to see how many people is online ;)

Ssneakykills
03-19-2015, 12:21 PM
Also..

Stop recolouring

Small cs fees/Potions cheaper/feeding pets as most of these are quite exspensive especially whenstarting and you are trying to make gold. The smaller cs price would encourage more people to sell stuff in cs instead of the market sub forum being so crowded with people selling stuff because of absurd cs fees

If you are going to do small events like this let us be able to make some money from it

Bigger quest pay outs especially elite ones and lower level quests

Cs bug doesn't let you buy things in bulk it doesn't allow you to buy 2 things in a row

I know some of these have already been said elsewhere but I thought I'd say again just so you know the wishes of some players

Kingofninjas
03-19-2015, 12:24 PM

The purpose of forum is to hear things from another persons perspective. I was trying to be conteadictory at all. All I wanted to do was point out my reasoning behind why these pets should not be released.

Also, I may add that after saying all that about dislike contraction, you contradicted my post.

ueveotadeo
03-19-2015, 12:36 PM
Cs bug doesn't let you buy things in bulk it doesn't allow you to buy 2 things in a row

This is because of a bad implemented cache system.

When you search CS ur client caches the result sent back to avoid unnecessary queries preventing a bad performance on server.

But when you purchase something you need to send the server a request saying what is to be "processed".

What is happening is that they forgot to reflect the change that occurs on server side on the cache of our device leading to be impossible to buy in a fast way.

I already posted this problem before but they said it is supposed to work this way and you need to manually refresh cache, you can do that by simply clicking on search again.

Needles is to say what I think of that implementation and specially the answer they gave to me. They insist on treating us like a bunch of kids who knows nothing....

Lainnah
03-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Also..

[LIST]
Stop recolouring
Small cs fees/Potions cheaper/feeding pets as most of these are quite expensive especially when starting and you are trying to make gold. The smaller cs price would encourage more people to sell stuff in cs instead of the market sub forum being so crowded with people selling stuff because of absurd cs fees

I think maybe a sliding scale with both CS fees and potions. Give a bigger discount on potions if you buy a lot. With CS, the listing fees for listing smaller items is insane. Say you list something for 500 gold, the fees is 125 gold for 12H. It makes listing smaller items worthless. I know this may not be of concern to vet players but this could help out new/poor players. Or maybe give a bigger discount for listing items longer than 12H. Listing an item for 100k costs 5100 gold. I think this is an acceptable price. However listing an item for 500k costs 25,100. Many people merch to make money and often the margins are thin. Maybe this is intended by you as to cut down on database use I don't know. I just personally think listing fees should be a sliding scale. Take ebay for example: listing an item on ebay is a flat fee. If the item sells then ebay takes a percentage of the selling price. Just a suggestion..

ueveotadeo
03-19-2015, 12:42 PM
I just personally think listing fees should be a sliding scale. Take ebay for example: listing an item on ebay is a flat fee. If the item sells then ebay takes a percentage of the selling price. Just a suggestion..

That could lead to an easier market price manipulation, ppl start listing everything way overpriced making "street price" rise as well.

Ladysophie
03-19-2015, 12:52 PM
The purpose of forum is to hear things from another persons perspective. I was trying to be conteadictory at all. All I wanted to do was point out my reasoning behind why these pets should not be released.

Also, I may add that after saying all that about dislike contraction, you contradicted my post.
I see, carry on then.

Dalmony
03-19-2015, 12:52 PM
I really like the concept of pet egg crates, . I like that they introduce new pets which offer more variety but are not game breakingly powerful.

Having said that I would find these crates a lot more desirable if the "new pet" which is inside each one did have very desirable stats and aa, something on a par with blinky, dovabear, and Gyrm which are not majorly OP but still more than good enough to make the pets actually usable on a day to day basis rather than just collectors items.

Thankyou for addressing the concerns raised about suspension of the skills revamp, it is nice to know that peoples comments are being read and taken on board - I'd like to see more news about plans for skills in future newsletters and to hear how spacetime plans to address this. It is such a big issue that I would like to see some clear statement of direction and intention regarding fixing the current state of the skills in game :)

I don't like the idea of the community once again being put into a state where all we have is a vague implication that "something about skills on the cards at some point in the future."

Thanks Again

Kingofninjas
03-19-2015, 12:58 PM
Personally, I would love to see more pets like blinky. It is massively undervalued IMO. While clashing, I often use it over my samael because of the 40% damage reduction. That's essentially like having a nekro shield for 5 seconds. If you could create new pets which may actually be used , I would love it.

Ssneakykills
03-19-2015, 01:21 PM
I think maybe a sliding scale with both CS fees and potions. Give a bigger discount on potions if you buy a lot. With CS, the listing fees for listing smaller items is insane. Say you list something for 500 gold, the fees is 125 gold for 12H. It makes listing smaller items worthless. I know this may not be of concern to vet players but this could help out new/poor players. Or maybe give a bigger discount for listing items longer than 12H. Listing an item for 100k costs 5100 gold. I think this is an acceptable price. However listing an item for 500k costs 25,100. Many people merch to make money and often the margins are thin. Maybe this is intended by you as to cut down on database use I don't know. I just personally think listing fees should be a sliding scale. Take ebay for example: listing an item on ebay is a flat fee. If the item sells then ebay takes a percentage of the selling price. Just a suggestion..

Yep it would help each scale of the spectrum from rich to poor

Poor players could list for example bronze slice chests and actually make money from them because atm you can't sell bronze chest because they sell for how much you put them in cs

Rich will be able to put exspensive items in cs without being charged the hell out of with the listing fee which is one of the reasons why people dont put things in cs. Its worse when you try and sell something for 1 mills and it doesn't sell and you lose a lot of money from the fee.

I also agree with what you are saying too, good ideas!

Allows.
03-19-2015, 01:48 PM
Well, stop recolouring.
Be creative, sts.

Ravager
03-19-2015, 06:56 PM

I'm sure the 2 pets would return on the anniversary of the pertaining events. I'd be surprised if they weren't. So that would be around summertime.

Tatman
03-19-2015, 07:20 PM
P.S. Since you are fixing the frost bow could you please look into its proc'S behaviour in pve as well. The so called "Boss Flinging" it cause most of the times is making it practically unusable in places like planar tombs 2, where the boss is suddenly on top of the whole party while casting its curse, thus the proc effectively killing the whole party and resetting the boss. Because of that I personally try to avoid parties with frost bow users in elite maps.
This has been mentioned numerous times already, but obviously devs don't care, since it's not the usual well known pvp fellas who bring it up.

Bellaelda
03-19-2015, 08:50 PM
Oh and ill copy and paste this from another thread... Still looking for a bone to be thrown to mages and tanks... Realize it takes time, but we been waiting years... Implementation of even one or two of these things would really help us feel heard!

OK so here it goes...

MAGES:

The problem: need to be able to stay alive longer and die less somehow, lol... Here's some good ideas to attain this...

-ICE... Make it actually freeze. It doesn't need to be a long as it was before it was removed maybe, but right now it doesn't freeze anything we actually need it to freeze (like mages in elite, bosses, and pvp)

-Clock... See ice.. Great skill for easy mobs, but not much else

-Stun immunity... We need one... Only class with nada

-Lightning an or ice... AOE could work more often as of right now (especially ice) they don't work nearly enough

-Curse... Could reflect more damage on things like aimed shot that one hit us np, but reflect back very little of that dmage

-Shield... Needs to last longer (right now people just wait it out then kill us)

-Lifegiver... Maybe a longer heal over time or something... This skills needs a lot

Also could use more damage since right now we can't compete even with that since rogues critical just puts our damage to shame

And lastly armor.... If we can't properly stun anything that's gonna kill us in a few seconds than please allow us a bit more armor or health at least, lol

TANKS:

The problem: doesn't buff party enough for them not to slow down runs and can't hold aggro... Here's some great ideas from Maarkus since I think he says it best

-ArmorSkyward smash, it mentions 'increased damage during critic als' why not buff this part of the skill to act like the aimed shot of rogues

-Chest splitter has feeble, why not adapt it to cancel boss Windups like it used to in earlier seasons.

-Axe has an armor rebuff of 10percent why not increase this percentage and add it to wind mill as well

-Juggernaut skill and not just taunts but taunts need to have a duration wherein the aggro counter doesn't just reset but stays locked on the tauting warrior for at least 3 seconds to help us keep aggro better, this I say coz as soon as we taunt and a rogue crits it the mobs just refocus to the rogue, effectively we taunt for barely a second as rogues crit constantly.

-Rally cry why just buff party why not apply the debuff to mobs as well?

I'd also like to add that the buffs that tanks get to their primary stat from certain skills could buff the entire party... That would make them much more desirable in runs!

And the implementation of a rolling skill wheel would be a good fix to allow us to use more skills versus just an extra skill slot... Good option since we got so many skill points... Let us use more of our skills

mnxbr
03-19-2015, 11:19 PM
educry 2st mage kk

Robhawk
03-20-2015, 05:35 AM

1. PvP improvements
2. PvP Classbalance, mage buff

wont happen, i know...

Mimmay
03-20-2015, 06:58 AM
I'd like a better way to liquidate inventory items. Maybe selecting all items we want to liquidate and then do it in one click? Because cleaning 500 slots is so painful! And I also wish you would expand the stash limit to 500 pls?

VINICIUSVELO
03-20-2015, 07:30 AM
Good next expansion:)
Sorry for my english:/

extrapayah
03-20-2015, 11:49 AM
i hope i don't ask too much, but can you insert hammerjaw to elite pirate chest's table loot? and glacian to elite warchest's

and since these two are outdated items, please give a more reasonable chance for it, or even better, make it drops straightly from the bosses of the map

and please again check the difficulty of scaled mobs in these old maps.... currently mobs are too much harder than boss...

thank you

Aquatika
03-20-2015, 11:54 AM
Why there is no producers letter yet ? :)

Ovve
03-20-2015, 05:14 PM
instant crafting is awesome.. i hope there are instant upgrade too haha :p

vawaid
03-22-2015, 08:06 AM
the only dog/wolf I want so much is shuyal wolves, they're awesome. make them on stable please

ueveotadeo
03-22-2015, 08:18 AM
How hard is for you to start paying attention on what we say and fix the ****ing lag?

We spent real life money buying ****ing ankhs just to get this "unpredictable ad unfixable" ****ing lag on red zones to die and have to waste ****ing ankhs coz u guys are not briliant enough to figure this crap thing out?

Unbelievable...bunch of amatuers playing devs....

Madnex
03-22-2015, 11:34 AM
We're at a good point with bug fixing (there's still a truckload of small ones but those aren't really getting in the way of enjoying the majority of the game). So good job there, we're alright for now! ;)

The next major issue you need to turn your attention to is the leaderboards. Because ever since the major exploits were silently fixed for PvE kills and CTF flags, the people that had been using them got to keep a really large unfair advantage/lead, which is unhealthy for the general game and limits the goals and aspirations of new players.

Suggestion:
Step 1: Remove the 10k flag achievement.
Step 2: If it absolutely has to be replaced, add CTF kills. Or even better, more elite PvE achievements like killing 5k and 10k elite mobs that give experience.

Vot
03-23-2015, 11:47 AM
Hello all!
You wanted to know what we would like to see next?
Me and many of my friends are hoping for a mythic weekend for weeks now.
Farming lockeds became completely pointless when their price now is 3k in trade. Basiscly you need 8k for elixir then you get 4-6 lockeds which are 12-18k g.
This is between 8 and 20k profit in a hour which is too low in my (and I believe many others) opinion. Worst thing is now after the Lepre event whole game is over-flooded with the crates which made them worth nothing. I liked how you guys put things together and I'm sure that you know game's flooded with lockeds and I hope you already have a plan how to make them being worth farmed again. I just suggested the mythic weekend because I think no one is actually hurt from it and everyone wins. :)
Thanks for reading. :)

Ravager
03-25-2015, 05:17 PM
Is there a weekly community update for this week?

Remiem
03-25-2015, 06:17 PM
Closed! This week is up! http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?217082-Remiem-s-Weekly-Community-Update-March-25-2015