PDA

View Full Version : My Idea for new Content - Ancient crates!!

Eski
03-19-2015, 01:09 AM
my idea:
-there should be a Ancient Crate per campain (Shuyal,tindirin,...)
-those crates should be super rare
-the only way to open them is by collecting keys in elite maps (number of keys should raise with the level of the campain)
-crates includes :Legendary and super rarely mythics and arcanes (pets and items),Platinum and Gold
-also those crates should be non tradable
Note : as i said above ,those crates should be super rare so there is no point in exploit
Let me know what you think about it

Ambrose
03-19-2015, 05:22 AM
Guessing by legendary you'd be referring to an imbued type set in the new expansion.. Because if you get people farming these keys for weeks only to have the legendary been a item worth nothing people will become very irate very quick lol. But the overall concept isn't a bad idea...it allows us endgame players to continually farm something that could hold value and make it worth the time to run maps

Eski
03-19-2015, 05:30 AM
Guessing by legendary you'd be referring to an imbued type set in the new expansion.. Because if you get people farming these keys for weeks only to have the legendary been a item worth nothing people will become very irate very quick lol. But the overall concept isn't a bad idea...it allows us endgame players to continually farm something that could hold value and make it worth the time to run maps
that was what i meant

Noobx
03-19-2015, 05:52 AM
The idea is great, honestly, but sts won't go through with it because instead of popping locks people can just farm for guaranteed good stuff. This means sts makes less money, and they wouldn't want that to happen

Eski
03-19-2015, 05:55 AM
you cant compare the rarity of locks with the crates of my idea ...

bedmaster
03-19-2015, 05:56 AM
Great idea... but instead of adding new crates they can make a key for lockeds instead.

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

Eski
03-19-2015, 05:58 AM
Great idea... but instead of adding new crates they can make a key for lockeds instead.

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

this would sent to the above said

Eski
03-19-2015, 06:00 AM

also the keys are useless if you dont loot the campain crate

Noobx
03-19-2015, 06:54 AM
In this case the crate would have to actually exist(unlike fossil) and EVERYONE should have the same chance of getting it. People are starting to get tired of this random "luck" where someone runs arena 900 times and gets nothing, compared to someone running it once and looting recipe.

Noobx
03-19-2015, 06:56 AM
Also, in addition to your idea, the crates AND keys should be untradable, so the rich folks that open locks in town all day actually have to farm if they want the loot from the crates

Dragoonclaws
03-19-2015, 07:09 AM
Ancient crates would only be for the people who can do elite maps (lvl40-41). SO the question is: what happens if a low level loots it? He liquidate it? Oh wait, no he can't.

Eski
03-19-2015, 07:22 AM
Ancient crates would only be for the people who can do elite maps (lvl40-41). SO the question is: what happens if a low level loots it? He liquidate it? Oh wait, no he can't.
then it is endgame content ...

Dragoonclaws
03-19-2015, 08:37 AM
then those will be found in last campain only

Eski
03-19-2015, 09:26 AM
then it is pure elite content ,see i will just show a possibility for ppl that is worth farming for

G-M
03-19-2015, 09:27 AM
Interesting idea Eski! Noobx mentions that the keys and the crates should be untradeable. Do you think that over time as folks have looted the content in these crates they would want to be able to sell the keys and crates? Would having these things untradeable make it frustrating for those players who keep getting them and can't do anything with them? Those players could still open the crates and liquidate or CS the contents and maybe that's good enough?

Also as Dragoonclaws mentions you can't liquidate a crate right now. That's not to say it couldn't happen, it's just not the way chests work currently.

Eski
03-19-2015, 09:35 AM
but wouldnt it be incredibly expansive if those crates would be tradable? rich folks could easily buy them..the poor ones not.
there should be something special that is able to be obtained by everyone.
and if i say really rare then i mean REALLY rare.
may i dont understand you .
but i like feedback:)

Candylicks
03-19-2015, 09:36 AM
1. No to these new crates. Any crate that is free to open, well they make the drop rate so redic it's always been a huge joke. Have you known a single person to get anything good out of an elite golden dragon? Yeah no...

2. Yes to farmable keys in elite maps that you can sell in CS. It would forever give farmers something to farm in elite maps. Those keys should be used for the current locked crates. This would also bring the price of locked back up a little, another boom to the farmers in the game. We have asked for farmable keys 100+ times, but never saw it happen in the game.

octavos
03-19-2015, 09:51 AM
yay, death to locked creates because..thats what would happen... js
meaning devs would have to find other things to charge for, so really...what new thing would be charged so STS can stay afloat?!?! charging for leveling? XD

Love the idea, but things will change quickly if this was implemented.

Kingofninjas
03-19-2015, 11:34 AM
1. No to these new crates. Any crate that is free to open, well they make the drop rate so redic it's always been a huge joke. Have you known a single person to get anything good out of an elite golden dragon? Yeah no...

2. Yes to farmable keys in elite maps that you can sell in CS. It would forever give farmers something to farm in elite maps. Those keys should be used for the current locked crates. This would also bring the price of locked back up a little, another boom to the farmers in the game. We have asked for farmable keys 100+ times, but never saw it happen in the game.

I agree with your second statement, but the first one I disagree with. About 2-3 weeks ago, a unified member (killinjoker or something like that I believe) looted a fossil from an arena chest. Sure, its incredibly rare, but at least it is something. Triplewarrior also looted an arcane shard from an elite golden dragonscale chest a while ago. I believe this was at least a season ago, and I'm not sure if anyone has been regularly opening elite golden chests. Also, people have looted mauls and kershals and even hooks from their respective elite chests.

Another suggestion I would like to add is for sts to make crates dropped from elites different and better from regular crates. I'm sure all farmers are sick of rerolling out of a 250k item into a 3k item. Its because of this idiotic reroll that I have stopped using leprechaun amulets and luck elixirs in planar tombs and arena all together, which costs sts plat. Listen up sts, this ridiculous reroll is making you lose money. Fix it!!

scarysmerf
03-19-2015, 12:54 PM
I agree the luck system is flawed. Locks seem to drop less often and just not worth selling if they could give us a little boost that would be great.

Noobx
03-19-2015, 08:42 PM
Interesting idea Eski! Noobx mentions that the keys and the crates should be untradeable. Do you think that over time as folks have looted the content in these crates they would want to be able to sell the keys and crates? Would having these things untradeable make it frustrating for those players who keep getting them and can't do anything with them? Those players could still open the crates and liquidate or CS the contents and maybe that's good enough?

Also as Dragoonclaws mentions you can't liquidate a crate right now. That's not to say it couldn't happen, it's just not the way chests work currently.

The crates or keys shouldnt be tradeable. The crates and keys should be pretty rare to find, not a type of drop that vial has become nowadays. If you make the crates and keys untradeable, this will make plat players who have never went out of town or PvP rooms want to do elites. However, with the rarity of the crates, should come rewards that are not in locked crates. It should be something different that will hold value at the same time. No, I'm not talking about an arcane ring per pop, but something that a f2p player can make gold from. Currently most f2p players are spending around 5 hours for 200k or so from planar tombs (average non mythic pt run 15minx20(for one planar chest)=300/60=5hours). This means that in order to make 1mil gold they will need to farm for 25 hours nonstop! And this does not even include the amount of gold spent for ankhs, pots, etc. As you can see, this game is in a bit of a tight situation. Crates like these will get gold flowing through the economy, instead of 1 person hoarding 500mil, 12 nekro eggs, 7 arcane rings and 5 fossils. The crates should have higher gold drops than lockeds, because of course, f2p players are the ones looting the most gold from mobs. These crates can be a heaven sent gift if they are created properly. They can get the economy back on track, the way it should be. Just my thoughts.

mxzgrawp
03-20-2015, 08:49 AM
my idea:
-there should be a Ancient Crate per campain (Shuyal,tindirin,...)
-those crates should be super rare
-the only way to open them is by collecting keys in elite maps (number of keys should raise with the level of the campain)
-crates includes :Legendary and super rarely mythics and arcanes (pets and items),Platinum and Gold
-also those crates should be non tradable
Note : as i said above ,those crates should be super rare so there is no point in exploit
Let me know what you think about it

No.