PDA

View Full Version : Locking games help

ZHEOTARE
03-16-2011, 11:32 PM
Whenever I host a game, I click the box for minimum required level, and put in a password. Yet every time, some low level, non friend shows up. What am I doing wrong??

Junside
03-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Are you sure you exit the text box before pressing confirm?

giayuan
03-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Yeah.. that shouldnt happen :-/

Ellyidol
03-16-2011, 11:57 PM
Friend's list.

If someone in your group (other than yourself) has that lowbie in their friend list, they can join your locked room via there.

ZHEOTARE
03-19-2011, 06:49 AM
Yes, I always hit done when finished typing. It makes since about the friends list, although I think friends should have to type in the password also.

But would that also explain the lower levels being able to join when they don't meet the min requirements??

noneo
03-19-2011, 06:55 AM
It doesn't matter what level the low person is, as long as they are on the friends list of a player on the map, they can get in.

lUp3
03-19-2011, 06:57 AM
Shouldnt there be another lock for this?? I have many low level friends they show up in sewers and I have to painfully ask them to leave as its tough for them and for us playing with low levels in sewers. Some get offended too :-/

Lesrider
03-19-2011, 06:58 AM
It doesn't matter what level the low person is, as long as they are on the friends list of a player on the map, they can get in.

Wow really? Sounds like the locked games system needs a bit of an overhaul.
There should be an option to ONLY allow either invited friends or those who know the password.

lilbyrdie
03-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Wow really? Sounds like the locked games system needs a bit of an overhaul.
There should be an option to ONLY allow either invited friends or those who know the password.

Yeah, no kidding.

I know the game is somewhat meant to be played with others (well, 4 others), but I'd love a way to:

1. login without presence (e.g. so no one knows i'm logged in)
2. create truly solo games (e.g. me and only me)
3. Actually have the password lock require the password to get in
4. Have the level limit be truly enforced (most join through the friends list anyway, so it's useless right now)
5. Have a "friend only" lock option -- only my friends

I have none of this now, and so trying to solo areas generally ends up with a friend rolling in, then their friends, and so on. It's futile... And forces me to be rude by just leaving if I was just doing a few minute coffee break run.

Given what I've learned in this thread, there's little point in even using the password or level locks...

Moogerfooger
03-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Shouldnt there be another lock for this?? I have many low level friends they show up in sewers and I have to painfully ask them to leave as its tough for them and for us playing with low levels in sewers. Some get offended too :-/

Here is one solution. I ask them once (if I am hosting) politely to leave. If they don't, I then always say "I have a friend waiting to come in, you can leave or I will boot" and so far this has worked every time.

This doesn't really apply to solo games, however.

Agreed, there should be an overhaul, or a tweak...if that 'min level required' box is checked, that should apply to EVERYONE, to include friends' friends.

davidis57
03-29-2011, 04:39 PM
I agree about a system to keep unwanted lvls out. However, you can solo but it wasn't made to be a solo game. There should be away to lock the games to only allow authorized players to enter.

azulflame
03-29-2011, 04:55 PM
I agree. I am in Fathom all the time, and some random level 5 joins my game, probably through the portal. I sometimes ask them to clear a few rooms. In a minute, they realize that they aren't much use, and leave within a minute or too, however, they think that I will clear rooms for them. How should I break it to them without being "bad" to them? I have been reported ten or fifteen times for this, and they tell me that they reported me. I really doubt this, but would someone tell me hot to tackle this without being "bad" and whether their "reports" were acceptable.

**NOTE None of these were friends, and I knew of none of them, and I asked them to tell me who their other char was, and if they knew me first.**