PDA

View Full Version : 'mana pls'

jorpox
03-19-2015, 03:56 PM
I'm getting so frustrated by people begging for mana.
So today I did some tooth hunting and there was a warrior: 'mana pls' I said NO. and then he said:
'you are mentally ill'

So my question is, What are you guys doing when someone is begging for mana?

hvin1619
03-19-2015, 04:00 PM
So today I did some tooth hunting and there was a warrior: 'mana pls' I said NO. and then he said:
'you are mentally ill'

This is so friggin annoying. I'll ask them to use their pots! !

DOKUGAAN

Sverdysiuss
03-19-2015, 04:35 PM
Mages heal is really mainly PVP skill. So if someone is begging for mana, he is lil bit stupid... All of us has pots right

Bmwmsix
03-19-2015, 05:09 PM
Id say go get those shiny pots :_). Just smile dont enrage because those geniuses
youll meet everywhere without end xD

Ssneakykills
03-19-2015, 05:16 PM
I usually ask them to 1vs1 noscopes

Enterradora
03-19-2015, 05:23 PM
'you are mentally ill'

plz mana

haha jk

Jazzi
03-19-2015, 05:57 PM
Fristly, a mage is definitely not a mana vendor. You not have to give mana and most experienced players consider it to be a wasted skill, except in pvp. Just do not mind people asking, maybe best ignore them or tell them to use pots. I play a rogue and and rogues have a small mana depletion problem. When I was new to the game and very inexperienced I used to ask for mana as well. It is jus lack of experience :-)

Good luck :-)

Rx8
03-19-2015, 06:48 PM
Ignore list em, usually what i do.
Rofl.

Serancha
03-19-2015, 07:57 PM
Take note of their names and make a "do not invite to guild" list.

Noobx
03-19-2015, 08:49 PM
Take note of their names and make a "do not invite to guild" list.
But what if its an inexperienced player reaching end game for the first time? What If they don't know to use pots? As ive leveled my tank in wt4 I've seen mages using heal to regen mana, so maybe this becomes a habit to them?

Clickbangboom
03-19-2015, 09:18 PM
From a tanks perspective who has low mana: I have never asked for mana and I do not believe it to be the mages job to fill my mana! I use pots! More then I care to say lol. But I do appreciate when a mage does use heal but I never count on it or ask for it, I know there are better places for them to place skill points. Usually when I see other tanks or rogues asking for mana I tell them to use pots so the mage doesn't look like the bad guy all the time for telling them no.
One time when I was running wt4 another tank was cussing out the mage because he wouldn't heal. I told him to use pots and he just got mad at me. After the run I pm the mage and told him he did good and that the other guy could/should just use pots.
So really, if someone is asking for mana, it just shows their inexperience.

Hoardseeker
03-19-2015, 09:30 PM
You give them mana and they give you HP by HoR or Packs! :)

And I'm a Mage

oxon
03-19-2015, 10:22 PM
i charge lightning and drop clocks and keep on going..or type back banana ,that usually gets them going lol..i played warrior since season one and still do ,i only recently made a mage,never as a warrior did i ask for mana,and i don't use the skill on my mage, i rarely run with randoms so i don't have this problem often..keep in mind 99% of the ones who ask for it are new and don't know any better or are just poor or too cheap to buy pots lol..but for the most part don't know any better..

ilhanna
03-19-2015, 10:38 PM
My mage has been called noob and been left mid big pull by warriors (note the plural) begging for mana who wouldn't take no for an answer. It amused me that they thought calling a mage noob for not giving mana will make them look better. They were begging, after all.

Anyway I got so fed up with these spoiled warriors I did a mini poll on gc once, thusly:

What would you say as a mage when a warrior/rogue asks for mana/heal:

A. "Mama? She aint here, bro."
B. "Heal? U mean kiss the hurt away?"
C. "Gimme gold for pots, I'll heal ya."

Surprisingly many voted C. Sadly not all of my guildmates appreciate my penchant for drama.

Visiting
03-19-2015, 10:43 PM
"Oh you want a heal? That thing that I don't supply because I'm busy being useful?" ._.

Serancha
03-20-2015, 12:56 AM

And I'm a Mage

Maybe in pvp.

However, in PvE, mages should be using damage skills and possibly shield. Heal is both a waste of a slot and counterproductive, mostly due to the fact that it draws aggro like mad, making the mage dead instead of healed. A squished smurf is not an asset to a party.

Some may use it while leveling to try and save a bit of money (which is debatable since you would need less pots if you had another skill to kill mobs faster - dead mobs do no damage) but for real maps, it will just get them killed.

Rogues are far better off using traps, veil, or even razor rather than packs, since they never land where they are actually useful and will never be reached in time to ensure survival in elite.

This is just my opinion based on experience. Others will have different views.

Hail
03-20-2015, 02:55 AM

Dex Scene
03-20-2015, 03:01 AM
'you are mentally ill'

Just don't answer or ask them rally cry please.
If rogues ask out, ask them back Shadow veil pls, medics pls..

Or just say, beggars... mana pots are not costly!!!

lissil
03-20-2015, 05:06 AM
I don't usually encounter this situation because I always use heal unless I feel like our party is not dealing damage fast enough. On those rare times that I get a "mana pls" request, I say "Pots. I use them, and I'm a mage."

Omisace
03-20-2015, 05:16 AM
"Use pots" is my usual answer but there was one time in elite Wilds early 2014 where the tank responded by not attacking and healing, he started to leech basically. Just leave once they act rude. Saves you the trouble of dealing with their arrogance resulting from their ignorance.

SakuraXYZ
03-20-2015, 05:59 AM
I just use this name lol. That will shut em' up.. Hopefully..

1 week ago a warrior even though he saw my name still at the boss he typed "mana" even tho mages mana heal isn't that effective @ my level :3

jorpox
03-20-2015, 07:31 AM
LOL!

Niixed
03-20-2015, 08:24 AM
I just use this name lol. That will shut em' up.. Hopefully..

1 week ago a warrior even though he saw my name still at the boss he typed "mana" even tho mages mana heal isn't that effective @ my level :3

Brilliant.

Dragoonclaws
03-20-2015, 08:31 AM
Jorpox, the question has been brought before and here is my ultimate answer:

Don't kill yourself to heal that player. If you need Mana, heal yourself and heal him on the way. It's your temporary teammate afterall, right?

The things is that he also MUST have his own mana potions. They are soo cheap! I mean that he must be independant of you: what if you don't have the mana heal? LOL does he stay without mana? If he is that "noob"... honestly boy, you sock soo baaad.
We can compare this to a mage who always complain that tanks don't do their job. Well, dear sorcerers, GET YOUR OWN POTIONS and don't die!!!

epicrrr
03-20-2015, 08:45 AM
Its a help skill, maybe the way he ask for mana was wrong but if ever i was a mage 41 with max heal skill when someone is asking for mana ill just give it to them will be my mindset and will be sure to include everyone when im casting heal on myself - me.

A good guy mindset not gonna hurt to cast those free skill anywa.

Kingofninjas
03-20-2015, 09:45 AM
Honestly, in pve if I see someone ask for many or even a mage using heal in harder elites, I simply say "ty" and leave the party/map.

Ratiomod
03-20-2015, 10:19 AM
On normal maps not a problem at all.
Gale, fire, ice, clock. People cach up first at boss.

Never got mana question in t3 or arena so far.

Sorcerie
03-20-2015, 10:38 AM

#I don't use heal #get on my level

Hoardseeker
03-20-2015, 10:44 AM
Jorpox, the question has been brought before and here is my ultimate answer:

Don't kill yourself to heal that player. If you need Mana, heal yourself and heal him on the way. It's your temporary teammate afterall, right?

The things is that he also MUST have his own mana potions. They are soo cheap! I mean that he must be independant of you: what if you don't have the mana heal? LOL does he stay without mana? If he is that "noob"... honestly boy, you sock soo baaad.
We can compare this to a mage who always complain that tanks don't do their job. Well, dear sorcerers, GET YOUR OWN POTIONS and don't die!!!

Absolutely :)

octavos
03-20-2015, 10:48 AM

#I don't use heal #get on my level

lmfao...i'm a happy mage most of the time..I said mana potions are cheap..go buy some..then I proceed to ignore the player.

.no
03-20-2015, 11:15 AM

And I'm a Mage

Circle of life. War has no mana, can't heal you, you die.

Wutzgood
03-22-2015, 09:27 AM
I forgot which event I had this happening a lot during, but I added heal to my mage Without any upgrades just for fun.

The responses I got from mana beggers when I healed them and they didn't get any mana were priceless. Only did this for one event I was runnin pugs during tho. Normally I just tell them use pots or respond "wutzmana?"

Lainnah
03-22-2015, 12:42 PM
A war just asked me yesterday for mana. I politely said, "I'm not a mana mage srry :)"
He replied, "Then what are you here for?" as well as a bunch of expletives..

He literally had no mana and wouldn't use pots.

I asked him why he did not use pots.

He replied, "I spend too much gold on healing pots, I Shouldn't have to wrry about mana."

I left.

It used to make me mad when people say rude things after I politely say I don't use mana. Now I just leave.
Sometimes I'll even say in advance that I do not give mana before we even start the map. That way I don't waste any time if I'm going to leave. Someone said it above though, don't run with randoms.
Problem solved.

ketoh
03-22-2015, 01:28 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/22/a69db53f2f4f0d5ae33a7b722c303bb1.jpg

[emoji24]

Pillowhead
03-22-2015, 03:34 PM
If you got the skill, then it's nothing wrong with using it. If you don't and they ask for mana, tell them that you don't have it, and if they keep asking, leave.

@:

Dalmony
03-22-2015, 08:59 PM
I can kinda understand new players making this mistake. In a lot of other mmorpg, there isn't such a heavy reliance on pots and more of a reliance on one class whose primary role in the party is keeping players mana and health topped up through heal and mana skills. In that sense its not that weird of an expectation, just something which comes from expectations in the genre.

It's not that hard just to say "mages aren't designed to supply mana in this game - everyone just spams pots," or if this for some reason happens to you loads, to just ignore the player and presume/hope for their sake that they catch on to it by the time they reach cap level.

Alafonta
03-23-2015, 04:34 AM
I play as a Warrior and when I solo play, I don't have a Mage to replenish my mana. A warrior skill that I've found very useful is "Vengeful Blood." With each hit that I take after using the skill, a bit of mana is added. It's not much but it does make a difference. Plus, there is always the option of keeping a pet with mana regen in play. Hopefully this can help a few warriors in constant need of mana.

acewasabi
03-24-2015, 04:31 AM
i got nexus, better than mage mana :D

Aprove
03-24-2015, 05:20 AM
I usually ignore them

Noobx
03-24-2015, 05:37 AM
In many strategy based mmos(still action like arcane legends, such as OaC), there is usually a cool down on pots. Some people who have played MMOs such as that but are playing AL for the first time might still be in the habit of asking for heals. For example, in OaC, if you're doing endgame maps you will need a healer to keep you health up, because the cool down for pots will simply be too long. AL is not based on strategy, unfortunately. Just be maxed and you can solo any map. In real MMOs it takes actual teamwork and skill to get through a map.

Wutzgood
03-24-2015, 01:05 PM
In many strategy based mmos(still action like arcane legends, such as OaC), there is usually a cool down on pots. Some people who have played MMOs such as that but are playing AL for the first time might still be in the habit of asking for heals. For example, in OaC, if you're doing endgame maps you will need a healer to keep you health up, because the cool down for pots will simply be too long. AL is not based on strategy, unfortunately. Just be maxed and you can solo any map. In real MMOs it takes actual teamwork and skill to get through a map.

I play both onc games and neither is like arcane legends at all. One is like Warcraft and requires minimal skill at all to play with auto attacking and the other is a strategy rpg.

Al is similar to Diablo or other action RPGs and require a lot of skill to play. Being maxed geared won't help you if you don't know how to play hard elite stages.

On topic tho this game doesn't have cool downs on pots so no reason to beg for mana. Especially when pets like nexus or jack are available.

Noobx
03-24-2015, 02:57 PM
I play both onc games and neither is like arcane legends at all. One is like Warcraft and requires minimal skill at all to play with auto attacking and the other is a strategy rpg.

Al is similar to Diablo or other action RPGs and require a lot of skill to play. Being maxed geared won't help you if you don't know how to play hard elite stages.

On topic tho this game doesn't have cool downs on pots so no reason to beg for mana. Especially when pets like nexus or jack are available.

I'm talking about OaC online, where you actually have a legit time for cool down on pots. In that game, it actually requires skill. There is really no bias against classes as far as I know. I always see people in chat asking for each type of class, usually 1 tank 2 DPs 1 healer. This is because the CD for pots is pretty long, so all classes have to actually work together instead of a party of 4 of 1 class(in endgame maps of course). Also in that game the tank has skills that actually help to hold aggro. So while the tank holds aggro the monk heals him up and DPs takes out the mobs. This is how an mmo should be played instead of one class wrecking everything in their path.

Newcomx
03-24-2015, 08:09 PM
I don't play with randoms: problem solved

Yeah ... sometimes you'll get people begging for mana when entering random map. You've got to get used to or play with your friends.

will0
03-24-2015, 08:50 PM
just ignore them pretend i never see..... or ask them press the "blue button". Some rogues whom ask me for mana i will tell them health pack please ....