PDA

View Full Version : Where oh Where are all the Tanks Gone?

Rosna
03-19-2015, 05:39 PM
I've been rogue since I began playing Arcane Legends 2 1/2 years ago. Over the course of time, I've noticed a distinct prejudice against the warrior class. "They are too slow". "They have little damage". To my dismay, it appears many tanks are giving up the battle, they are slowly becoming extinct. I hate to see this, I've always enjoyed parties that include tanks. Why is the few minutes less time the end all and be all? It's is sad that when you look through friend list these days, many of our old friends are gone. I realize that each class has its pros and cons but it will be a sad day when all the tanks have vanished, the loss of such a great class is sad, Arcane Legends will be a two class game, and we will all have lost an essential component of this game.

Jazzi
03-19-2015, 05:59 PM
+1 to this

Zac Taft
03-19-2015, 06:02 PM
Ign cheoeqar pt me sometime im a war and would love to run some elit maps

Bellaelda
03-19-2015, 06:04 PM
All the tanks and mages are (and have been for a while) quitting game... Don't blame them... I'm sick of waiting for things to get fixed too.

Noobx
03-19-2015, 07:25 PM
I used to main a tank, my guildmates would always try to invite tanks to parties but usually everywhere else no one wanted a tank. So I sold my bulwark and now I play on a rogue. Its missing a mythic bow and mythic ring but I still get invites to parties. Funny when a half mythic geared rogue gets more invites than a full mythic/arcane tank

Rx8
03-19-2015, 07:31 PM
Jt needs to be made rogue legends. Not arcane legends....

mlb2005
03-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Always seems to be tons of them when you do pub event parties. Pretty common to get 3 of them and have epic long battles. One is great, 3 is bad.

Sakurahb
03-19-2015, 07:53 PM
I know how it is Rosna, I've seen a LOT of my friends changing to rogue, and the bad thing is they were good tanks, i always liked to play with them even in arena ( everyone say arena a place just for rogues) but when i ran with one of my friends in arena sometimes it was better than a full party of rogues. I hope the rest of the players that play as a warrior don't give up,there's still people who like to have a tank in pt,im one of them.

Rosna
03-19-2015, 08:00 PM
Well said all, I love to party with tanks and mages. I guess I'm old school but I love a party with all classes. I like the people I meet, all classes, we run arena, elites, tombs and have a blast. Isn't that what this game is all about?

Bellaelda
03-19-2015, 08:28 PM
Jt needs to be made rogue legends. Not arcane legends....

Lol... +1

I held out as long as I could with tank, but it just got too boring and I gave it up (cry).... Now I'm having same problem as mage (cry) ..

And I totally agree that it really ridiculous that a half geared rogue is more useful than maxed geared mage or tank for majority of runs.

Noobx
03-19-2015, 08:46 PM
Lol... +1

I held out as long as I could with tank, but it just got too boring and I gave it up (cry).... Now I'm having same problem as mage (cry) ..

And I totally agree that it really ridiculous that a half geared rogue is more useful than maxed geared mage or tank for majority of runs.
Not just that, sometimes I'll get a pm from a different party group wanting for me to join them so they can have a full pt to run with them. If I tell them I'm in a pt they'll tell me to leave and join their group..

Avaree
03-19-2015, 09:01 PM
I know how it is Rosna, I've seen a LOT of my friends changing to rogue, and the bad thing is they were good tanks, i always liked to play with them even in arena ( everyone say arena a place just for rogues) but when i ran with one of my friends in arena sometimes it was better than a full party of rogues. I hope the rest of the players that play as a warrior don't give up,there's still people who like to have a tank in pt,im one of them.

i like having a tank in my party as well.

Bellaelda
03-19-2015, 09:02 PM
Not just that, sometimes I'll get a pm from a different party group wanting for me to join them so they can have a full pt to run with them. If I tell them I'm in a pt they'll tell me to leave and join their group..

Yeah... Every group is short on rogues (mostly cause that's the only class that kills anything without taking forever) ... That's all I see in guild chat, or in towns, or in tombs... Need rogue... Blah blah blah... Gear doesn't even matter for most part... It's sad

A legendary tank or mage can stand around begging for groups for hours or days, but if u legendary rogue you'll find one no problem... It's just beyond my understanding how they can allow such as great class divide to go on for so long.

Noobx
03-19-2015, 09:07 PM
Yeah... Every group is short on rogues (mostly cause that's the only class that kills anything without taking forever) ... That's all I see in guild chat, or in towns, or in tombs... Need rogue... Blah blah blah... Gear doesn't even matter for most part... It's sad

A legendary tank or mage can stand around begging for groups for hours or days, but if u legendary rogue you'll find one no problem... It's just beyond my understanding how they can allow such as great class divide to go on for so long.
Stat doesn't even matter nowadays. I've seen full legendary rogues with around 470 damage and 27% crit (just estimate) get invited to parties over mages with 620+damage(mythic gun), and this is when the mage(s) had been asking for a few minutes with no one else around. I've seen this happen because I was afk while eating dinner. And I saw the tank and 3 rogues go into t3, leaving the mage behind.

Clickbangboom
03-19-2015, 09:38 PM
My main is warrior and these are my thoughts.
I have noticed that a lot of tanks don't know how to tank. So this is maybe part of the problem with people not inviting them. I have a couple lower level chars and I am always baffled at how so many people playing the war class have no idea of how to play their role. So when people get to end game they have stopped running with tanks because they where useless at the start so why use them at the end.
I also think people get discourage playing war because the war is slower to level and harder to solo, so they just switch class.

Bellaelda
03-19-2015, 09:39 PM
Stat doesn't even matter nowadays. I've seen full legendary rogues with around 470 damage and 27% crit (just estimate) get invited to parties over mages with 620+damage(mythic gun), and this is when the mage(s) had been asking for a few minutes with no one else around. I've seen this happen because I was afk while eating dinner. And I saw the tank and 3 rogues go into t3, leaving the mage behind.

Yeah exactly!

I get invites, but only cause I'm maxed out... I feel so bad watching all the mages and tanks standing around begging and crying for a group and I feel their pain... I understand and appreciate classes having their individual roles, but the way things are pets do a much better job of being a mage or tank... Lol

Bellaelda
03-19-2015, 09:42 PM
My main is warrior and these are my thoughts.
I have noticed that a lot of tanks don't know how to tank. So this is maybe part of the problem with people not inviting them. I have a couple lower level chars and I am always baffled at how so many people playing the war class have no idea of how to play their role. So when people get to end game they have stopped running with tanks because they where useless at the start so why use them at the end.
I also think people get discourage playing war because the war is slower to level and harder to solo, so they just switch class.

This was the case a long time ago, but the problem now isn't with the tanks as much as the class itself... Tanks just can't properly hold aggro... Their skills aren't built for it and one shot from a mage or rogue overrides their aggro... The best they can do is use all aggro skills, but even that isn't much help... Especially when pets can stun and pull mobs better than a mage or tank can.

Hoardseeker
03-19-2015, 09:46 PM
Without Warrior ,you cannot Step on Elite Planar

Clickbangboom
03-19-2015, 09:55 PM
This was the case a long time ago, but the problem now isn't with the tanks as much as the class itself... Tanks just can't properly hold aggro... Their skills aren't built for it and one shot from a mage or rogue overrides their aggro... The best they can do is use all aggro skills, but even that isn't much help... Especially when pets can stun and pull mobs better than a mage or tank can.

Very true!

Jexetta
03-19-2015, 10:01 PM

What? Lol

Remarked
03-19-2015, 10:28 PM
sounds like Tanks will only be found in twinking levels soon

Visiting
03-19-2015, 10:34 PM
All the Warriors are in PVP ganging meh :O

Kakashis
03-19-2015, 10:41 PM
All the Warriors are in PVP ganging meh :O

Even when ganging, warriors rarely get kills LOL

epicrrr
03-20-2015, 12:21 AM
Its true im seeing less and less maxxed out warrior 41 or idk maybe they just dont go to pier anymore.

Arachnophobik
03-20-2015, 12:48 AM
Guess they all moved to planar arena. So much tanks every time -.-

Eski
03-20-2015, 01:00 AM
I've been rogue since I began playing Arcane Legends 2 1/2 years ago. Over the course of time, I've noticed a distinct prejudice against the warrior class. "They are too slow". "They have little damage". To my dismay, it appears many tanks are giving up the battle, they are slowly becoming extinct. I hate to see this, I've always enjoyed parties that include tanks. Why is the few minutes less time the end all and be all? It's is sad that when you look through friend list these days, many of our old friends are gone. I realize that each class has its pros and cons but it will be a sad day when all the tanks have vanished, the loss of such a great class is sad, Arcane Legends will be a two class game, and we will all have lost an essential component of this game.

its because the class isnt needed anymore..same but not that explicit is the sorcerers class..

xbadulaserosx
03-20-2015, 01:19 AM
Im still here for you rosna just pm me if u needed a tank, but not in pvp , I hang up my gear and retire in pvp :) . Have a good day ^^

Bellaelda
03-20-2015, 01:40 AM

I'm not sure where u base this idea... Maybe you've had bad groups or bad lag... I dunno.... But tanks aren't needed on any level pve with good pets... And very few levels for mage

Dex Scene
03-20-2015, 02:56 AM
Needless to say, I used to be a warrior too and quited.

I started the game with a noob rogue but never leveled it up passed 20.
I was mainly a warrior (level 40). I deleted that toon Cuz my skills were messed up. I was noob I didnt know we could respec skills.
Don't judge my noobiness, cuz it was to it's extreme. I didnt even know what was Taunt. Lol.
I also deleted it because it was on FB. I disliked syncing it to FB as I had other games synced to my other fb. Hated switching FB accounts.

I deleted it and started mage on google +
I understood the game and learned stuffs while playing the mage.
Mage was so fun. After reaching it to 41, I started a new warrior. Thought to come back to warrior. As I played with it, I learned the other stuffs which I didn't yet.
I used to love playing warrior.
I liked it too much.
This time I knew whats taunt and what's a role of warrior.
playing with low level was fun as I met some knowledgeable low level in pugs, they used to compliment my tank job.
I miss those times when these Op gears wasn't introduced and I used to have No Arcane Ring friends in my friendlist.
I used to get alot of requests to join them in elite tarewa (when it was hard stuff).
A pavise weapon could make you great warrior.

Iam sure I don't need to say What happened now. I made the op class Rogue with my friend who deleted his op toon which had samael and hj. (Samael was 25m that time anf the best pet).
I quited my warrior. Its eating dust.
I have like 4 pve warriors. All are sharing dusts.

Iam a full time rogue now …
In my guild, we run in tombs arena elite maps with warrior.
But still there are alot of warriors who can't afford new toons new class. Getting pt for every warrior is not possible.
If we have 3-4 parties all running tombs/ elites, only 3-4 warriors get to play. Other 5 warriors stay in town chatting in guild chat waiting for their turns. They are making rogues too, a poor rogue as they spent too much already on their warrior.

When I scroll down my friend lists, I remember so many good friends or good people.. never online. Most of them are warriors.

Soon we will only see Rogues everywhere.
The only warriors we will see, will be either pvp twinks or new people who are yet to figure out that they should make a rogue.

gumball3000
03-20-2015, 03:31 AM
All parties need 3 or 4 dps and 0 or 1 tank, i can see why sime warriors just gave up on waiting for a party.

lissil
03-20-2015, 04:48 AM

this!!!!! +1

bedmaster
03-20-2015, 05:13 AM
I played since end of 2014, right when gob invasion started. I first started this game as a tank... leveled it to 30... it was so fun at first maps, when other classes die i dont... then someone asked me to trade my clash of clans account to 41 mage.. and my tank was on same google+ but i said yes and said bye to my tank.... so i played mage some time, i dont rly like it u die so easily and hard to find pts. Then i sold it around 800k, started bedmaster char as tank cuz i thought they could kill my mage fast in pvp so theyr good, spent that gold buying pets like yowie and equips... leveled it to 32 atm, but after i realized tanks arent needed i sold the equips and began gearing a rogue my friend gave me, which is my main now, lv36 atm. So sad that fun char was slow to kill... maybe prob is mage and rogue has skill that give 250% dmg on crit, maybe make ss and axe give 200% on crit and we will find pt too. With rogue i always had mana probs. My ping is always red so i cant act fast like rogues hav too, and i always die. As tank u can play with red ping... but only in low maps which dont need pts.

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

Eski
03-20-2015, 07:00 AM
trading accs is against tos..
also..dont use the "SS" word...its offending ,even for me..as a german

ueveotadeo
03-20-2015, 07:10 AM
Hi all,

I'd like to share my 2 cents here.

I'm an endgame warrior, you might have seen me naked in town a couple of times saying/doing something stupid, lately that's the most fun I can take out of the game, nothing new is happening for a long time.

Anyway, I would like to mention that I actually started the game as a Rogue. After having him capped for a while I decided to try and lvl a warrior, see how it is. I gotta say, I enjoy more playing as a Warrior than as rogue. Not that it is better or anything, personal preference, you can call me crazy if you want.

Nonetheless, I eventualy still use Rogue, specially on contests. Last time was on Tour of Arlor and I gotta say, I started to understand why some top geared end game rogues don't want a Warrior on PT. It is simply way faster with a full rogue pt. Now you are probably wondering, so why the hell won't you stick with rogue? You can farm more in less time, runs seems easier since they are faster, etc etc etc.... Well the simple truth is that I enjoy playing as a Warrior and even though it seems like for some of us the only option to keep playing is to change to a rogue I refuse to do so. The day I have to give up playing with the class I enjoy the most because of the inability of STS to balance PVE mechanics is the day I will quit the game (even though it seems closer by the day...).

Anyway, I'd like to thank my friends for having the patience to run with this "meat sack" here!!!!

Samaeldavisjr
03-20-2015, 09:25 AM
I FULLY agree Ros. Its literally NO FUN PVE for Warriors. I TDM 100% of the time now outside of events. Totally BS
I actually made a Rogue on "Darkness Reborn" by Gamevil. REALLY REALLY fun now. Just too bad its taken me and my $ to another game.
Maybe after a bunch more uselss events, STG will get their heads outta their butts and actually fix some things... zzzzz

Even when ganging, warriors rarely get kills LOL

pfft, i think i remember you dying by my bone a few times. I average 8 to 12 kills per round TDM. Never underestimate a Warrior swinging 600dmg, 750dps and 35crit (sorry for thread hack)

ueveotadeo
03-20-2015, 09:36 AM
pfft, i think i remember you dying by my bone a few times. I average 8 to 12 kills per round TDM. Never underestimate a Warrior swinging 600dmg, 750dps and 35crit (sorry for thread hack)

Please lets try to avoid the usual piss contest and drama from PVP to ruin this thread!

As a Warrior is quite nice to see threads like this!

Axesam
03-20-2015, 09:37 AM
suggestion on new cap, make all boss in new map one hit kill rogue and mage if getting closer and only tank can survive, after that ignore all rogue and mage begging about nerf that boss. So they must party with warrior to kill d boss.

Rosna
03-20-2015, 09:38 AM
I knew the tanks were having major issues, but until now did not realize that mages were being ostracized so much as well. Mages are awesome in pve, they are able to decimate mobs so well, I love running with mages too. Lol I guess I just like well balanced parties. Don't get me wrong I've run in all rogue parties, they are very fast, and a lot of fun. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that a all class party is fun as well!

Dragoonclaws
03-20-2015, 09:40 AM
Im still here for you rosna just pm me if u needed a tank, but not in pvp , I hang up my gear and retire in pvp :) . Have a good day ^^

Badulaseros: BTE (Best Tank Ever, add some missile and fireworks for better effect)

ueveotadeo
03-20-2015, 09:40 AM
suggestion on new cap, make all boss in new map one hit kill rogue and mage if getting closer and only tank can survive

This already exists and proved to be no solution since mages and rogues are not a meelee class.

I think that only by changing a bit the current skills for warrs we might see some improvement. I'll not go further on what those changes would be since I already discussed them on several other threads, now is STS time to make a move, they already got plenty of input and suggestions by us.

Tatman
03-20-2015, 11:35 AM
I've been watching all these threads pop up like mushrooms in Arena recently. I think people love to exaggerate.

1. My best T3 times at the moment, both lix and pure, are with a party setup of warrior, mage, 2 rogues. And by "lix time" I mean using ankhs plus the occasional free lix from Klaas/Shaz, not running on combo lixes, because I can't afford it and neither can most of my friends. Those times are 8 and 10 minutes respectively. I consider them very good times. Additionally, I have a few runs that were between 9 and 10 minutes and featured 2 (two) warriors in the party. I've also run with warrior, 2 mages, rogue parties.

2. One of the best tanks, I've ever run with, is full pink. Or at least he was when I first ran with him. Dragonscale and stuff, I think you'll recognize the guy. There is another one like him in my guild and he's a beast at tanking too. Sure, they'll probably never be on a timed lb, but that's not the point.

3. The "but but even average rogues can easily find parties" mantra is totally exaggerated. They can find parties, but those parties almost always include a warrior, and in most cases a mage too. Because, unlike their maxed out counterparts with tank-like hp/armor and level 70-like damage, average rogues lack the gear and pets to form all-rogue parties that are faster and smoother than a balanced one with a tank and a mage. I'll highlight the word "smoother", because that's what most average, casual players in this game value the most while running places like Planar Tombs: runs with fewer ankhs.

4. Average rogues rarely get invited to maxed out parties, just like most warriors and mages. The rare occasions when I get invited to a party with two or more maxed out rogues, I feel like we play different games. Running on combo lixes, nonstop piercing at one-hitting bosses, not caring about deaths etc. I just can't keep up with this style. Most people, including me, can't afford it.

5. Problem with most maxed out warriors, and mages for that matter, is not that they can't find parties. They most certainly can. Problem is they want to run with maxed out rogues. And why would maxed out rogues want to run with a warrior given that those rogues can both kill super fast and tank? I mean, look at those stats.. ~5k hp, 1700-1800 armor, 750-800 damage, 50% crit. Those are roughly the stats of a lvl 40 warrior + monstrous damage, especially on aimed crits (which happen like 60-70% of the time with 50% crit plus stacking). This brings us to the larger topic abot the gear gap, but I guess we'll get the usual replies here - there should be more and more op gear so that people "have something to play for". Wrong. This is the main reason why maxed out rogues became so overpowered, compared to both other classes and non-maxed rogues. Because all that unnecessarily op stuff benefited them much more than warriors and mages. And because it opened an enormous gap between them and the other rogues in this game. Even between them and the next best group of rogues in terms of gear and stats. All those arcane rings, para gems, SnS, Nekros, pendants, even eyes (huge lol at those "oh eye are so useless" posts, especially coming from rogues who now use only paras and eyes on their gear). I wish most of them were never released the way they were actually released - without any even remotely close alternative in terms of stats and usefulness. At the very least, there would still be some semblance of balance in this game.

I can add more, but I think that's enough for now. Thank you.

Bmwmsix
03-20-2015, 11:53 AM
Tanks are raiding forums or cs at the moment ;_)

...and playing other games like for me started to play this cool rpg called brave frontier global...

Got all three classes but my warrior is the fav and im so close to give up on AL..only Bc of some beautiful souls im still here...

Ssneakykills
03-20-2015, 12:02 PM
Warrior is only popular in twinking nowadays

Farminer's
03-20-2015, 12:04 PM
I'm a 41 warrior with no guild ign Uiflaotara I'm currently saving for mythic

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

twoxc
03-20-2015, 12:06 PM
Rosna, Mage is indeed fun and they are awesome at controlling mobs but these day with tindirins and tombs probably in the next expansion also, most mobs don't get Stun by fireball or freeze by Ice. It's hard for a mage to do something that basically can't be done cause the way sts designed them to to do.

As for tank the biggest issue is the aggro, IF the aggro were better they would probably be asked to party a lot more. Sts should make rally cry skill drawing all aggro within range like horn of renew lol at least that skill give SPEED boost for the party to run faster which last pretty long while rushing from one spot to the next which saves a lot of time. Usually tank with rally cry is so awesome in like regular TOMBS/MINES map.

Beside doing Timed Run, I actually prefer a tank also, it's so much relaxing and easy going. I enjoy each run more and able to chat and socialize while playing and killing stuff lol. Basically tank does make the run easier.

Edward Coug
03-20-2015, 12:11 PM
I've been watching all these threads pop up like mushrooms in Arena recently. I think people love to exaggerate.

1. My best T3 times at the moment, both lix and pure, are with a party setup of warrior, mage, 2 rogues. And by "lix time" I mean using ankhs plus the occasional free lix from Klaas/Shaz, not running on combo lixes, because I can't afford it and neither can most of my friends. Those times are 8 and 10 minutes respectively. I consider them very good times. Additionally, I have a few runs that were between 9 and 10 minutes and featured 2 (two) warriors in the party. I've also run with warrior, 2 mages, rogue parties.

2. One of the best tanks, I've ever run with, is full pink. Or at least he was when I first ran with him. Dragonscale and stuff, I think you'll recognize the guy. There is another one like him in my guild and he's a beast at tanking too. Sure, they'll probably never be on a timed lb, but that's not the point.

3. The "but but even average rogues can easily find parties" mantra is totally exaggerated. They can find parties, but those parties almost always include a warrior, and in most cases a mage too. Because, unlike their maxed out counterparts with tank-like hp/armor and level 70-like damage, average rogues lack the gear and pets to form all-rogue parties that are faster and smoother than a balanced one with a tank and a mage. I'll highlight the word "smoother", because that's what most average, casual players in this game value the most while running places like Planar Tombs: runs with fewer ankhs.

4. Average rogues rarely get invited to maxed out parties, just like most warriors and mages. The rare occasions when I get invited to a party with two or more maxed out rogues, I feel like we play different games. Running on combo lixes, nonstop piercing at one-hitting bosses, not caring about deaths etc. I just can't keep up with this style. Most people, including me, can't afford it.

5. Problem with most maxed out warriors, and mages for that matter, is not that they can't find parties. They most certainly can. Problem is they want to run with maxed out rogues. And why would maxed out rogues want to run with a warrior given that those rogues can both kill super fast and tank? I mean, look at those stats.. ~5k hp, 1700-1800 armor, 750-800 damage, 50% crit. Those are roughly the stats of a lvl 40 warrior + monstrous damage, especially on aimed crits (which happen like 60-70% of the time with 50% crit plus stacking). This brings us to the larger topic abot the gear gap, but I guess we'll get the usual replies here - there should be more and more op gear so that people "have something to play for". Wrong. This is the main reason why maxed out rogues became so overpowered, compared to both other classes and non-maxed rogues. Because all that unnecessarily op stuff benefited them much more than warriors and mages. And because it opened an enormous gap between them and the other rogues in this game. Even between them and the next best group of rogues in terms of gear and stats. All those arcane rings, para gems, SnS, Nekros, pendants, even eyes (huge lol at those "oh eye are so useless" posts, especially coming from rogues who now use only paras and eyes on their gear). I wish most of them were never released the way they were actually released - without any even remotely close alternative in terms of stats and usefulness. At the very least, there would still be some semblance of balance in this game.

I can add more, but I think that's enough for now. Thank you.

This is the real issue, if there is one. Non-maxed out rogues are always looking for parties in planar tombs 3 with a tank and a mage. The runs go smoother and require fewer ankhs.

Of course, when you've gotten to the point where you can afford the best gear and can dominate any level, you'll want to use the class that makes the quickest work of the enemies, the rogue. But most of us do not have that kind of gold. So if you're a tank and you don't mind running with skilled non-maxed out rogues, you shouldn't have an issue finding a party. I know I'm always looking for tanks and mages. Rogues are a dime a dozen.

Excuses
03-20-2015, 01:29 PM

These 3 are all rogues.
And yeah. They run faster without tank.
Even lb is not good for warrior.

Edward Coug
03-20-2015, 01:59 PM
These 3 are all rogues.
And yeah. They run faster without tank.
Even lb is not good for warrior.

6 minutes, lol! I'm happy with under 15.

Again, these are maxed out rogues who of course will dominate the level and have no need for warriors and mages (they don't even need a fourth). Not decently geared rogues.

The gear is the issue here. (Though I really don't have an issue with the huge gear gap. If great gear wasn't much better than regular gear, I wouldn't bother saving up for it.)

Warriors have no trouble finding parties in planar 3 if they don't mind running with non-maxed out rogues and mages. (As long as they aren't bad and know how to park.)

Soundlesskill
03-20-2015, 02:04 PM
It's kinda funny how it's only the richer part of AL complaining about tanks and mages being underpowered when they easily beat anyone without a mythic planar pendant and a mythic bow. With axe, smash, cs, heal they just stunluck you to death. Mages easily 1 comobing rouges under 5k HP and a ridiculous amount of armor and damage. Not to mention mages almost hit 1k damage whereas rouges struggle to hit 900. There's no varity of gear and it's bothering me so much I already quit the game again after playing for 1 month.

Transfordark
03-20-2015, 03:27 PM
Tanks are heartbroken now and are doing nothing but sleeping in town.

Anyways yea I totally agree with you..back in those golden age when tanks used to be fun and were enjoyable. I too am a Tank and guess what I got the Tank Pride! I started as a Tank and will end as a Tank believe me I started as a tank and I'm still one and I have no other accounts, I don't care whatever people say about tanks but they are still awesome to me and I won't give up.
I started as a tank when level 30 was the cap,ahh those were some good days when every party had their own aspects. I also have lost so many brave tanks and their just rotting like rust. Looking forward in restoring the honor of the tanks.

The main reason tanking was so important was because it used to help delay the mobs so that we could also chat while fighting them and not farm deaths.(Sarcasm)

Mucsi
03-20-2015, 06:55 PM
I have done so many times planar tomb levels, without war... War in pve is sux.. :/

gabrielgarcia1128534
03-20-2015, 07:09 PM
I think the main reason many wars were needed was cause there health skills and abilities but now people just tend to buy pots :/

Add me on my main: Jqf :)

kixkaxx
03-20-2015, 09:29 PM
6 minutes, lol! I'm happy with under 15.

Again, these are maxed out rogues who of course will dominate the level and have no need for warriors and mages (they don't even need a fourth). Not decently geared rogues.

The gear is the issue here. (Though I really don't have an issue with the huge gear gap. If great gear wasn't much better than regular gear, I wouldn't bother saving up for it.)

Warriors have no trouble finding parties in planar 3 if they don't mind running with non-maxed out rogues and mages. (As long as they aren't bad and know how to park.)

They don't need a third one,

They don't even need anyone lol

This has nothing to do with the rest 99% rogues in AL

Dragoonclaws
03-20-2015, 09:42 PM

Zeus
03-20-2015, 10:00 PM

Avshow should rename to: Onemanpro

Bellaelda
03-20-2015, 10:55 PM

Haha... Nice job av

Twinisland
03-20-2015, 11:31 PM
R.I.P tanks

Dalmony
03-21-2015, 12:45 AM
Total agreement here!

In an ideal world the game would be set up so that it would be just as much of a chore to finish a map with a full party of rogues as it is a for full party of tanks, and equally a fully party of mages, for different reasons in each case.

I'm dubious that this can happen without some serious reconsideration of the skill system and stats distribution. Having said that STS have promised such a system will emerge and will hopefully hold up on their promise of arranging elite mobs in the expansion in such a way that the most optimal way to finish a map - that is the way with the fastest time and least deaths, involves running with a party of mixed classes. I'm willing to withhold judgement until they release the new content but if we are left in the exact same position as before.... there are going to be a lot of highly unhappy bunnies.

Khicho
03-21-2015, 02:18 AM

Great post! I fear that this just the way that this going to be. I have read countless posts from many different people calling/begging for some type of attention to be given to this. And yet nothing is done and in fact the rank class continues to be nerfed while supriem rogue continues to dominate all. There is promise of a more balanced class system with the new expansion but the truth be told as long as there is an option to spam pots in pve there will never be a need for a tank. As for pvp it is a skill issue. If all classes were simply allowed 1 more skill slot it would balance with classes immediately. But it is obvious that this is not the goal. I agree that it is sad because the tank class on every other game I have played has always been the most critical, difficult, and ultimately rewarding class to play. So as the saying goes, if you can't beat them join them. Tanks hang up your bulwarks and bonesaws and buy bows and robes because these are the preferred classes of our game.

Wazakesy
03-21-2015, 04:12 AM
Looking for a tank?

Oneebac
03-21-2015, 04:51 AM
I am and always have been a warrior. Ros is right there's a trend in the game to negate us warriors. Except when you need help in pvp..let's not forget that this game is designed to be played by balanced parties in both pve and pvp

Twinisland
03-21-2015, 01:38 PM
To answer your question tanks went back home to wait for another war. (Expansion)

sahad_ikr
03-23-2015, 05:49 AM
imma stop playing if they dont fix warrior class in next expansion

Rx8
03-23-2015, 07:15 AM
imma stop playing if they dont fix warrior class in next expansion

Im tellin ya, becomd a rogue. Youd be rich in seconds...

Farminer's
03-23-2015, 07:57 AM
I'm still a tank and still will stay him (don't have the patience to make a 41 rogue)

Fightbeast
03-23-2015, 10:45 AM
Rich in seconds? Haha. I would like that :D
I think every class has equal chance of becoming rich. Rouges also need more expensive equipments compared to the other two classes.

sahad_ikr
03-23-2015, 03:11 PM
what about pets and aps ..etc i dont play much nowadays i get bored quickly.. so i hope they make warrior class less boring in next expansion

Overweightank
03-23-2015, 05:13 PM
My name is Overweightank. I'd love to do Planar tombs with people. I'm trying to get 3 breezes to get singe, and At the moment I have 50 fragments. long way to go, need these runs. If anyone is interested (and geared) pm me in game, I'd love to run :)

acewasabi
03-24-2015, 04:20 AM
i like playing with tanks (im rogue) it saves me pots and dying so much. ty warriors!

bedmaster
03-24-2015, 06:25 AM
When i first heard this i panic and stripped off my tank, and logged in to my rogue. I used to stop playing my rogue because i hate to pot all the time, but i wanna farm elite regularly someday so i had to use rogue. Now i realized that tanks cant find pt with maxed rogues only, average rogue players, who mostly already broke buying tons of pots daily and trying to save ankhs, want tanks in their pt, to heal and taunt. Ill never be maxed tho so ill always be friends to tanks lol

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

Rosna
03-24-2015, 09:23 AM
It's interesting how everyone has different solutions, I hope sts takes note!!!!

Adehia
03-24-2015, 10:50 AM
+1
The game is extremely slow lately (and I'm not talking abt lag, lol) few people playing and in general the good tanks seems to vanished every time I login

Franocazzzo
03-24-2015, 11:19 AM
This thread made me consider lvling my 15 tank to endgame, since I know there a little pro dps tanks at endgame im really considering bringing my Nekro up there.v

Edward Coug
03-24-2015, 11:21 AM
When i first heard this i panic and stripped off my tank, and logged in to my rogue. I used to stop playing my rogue because i hate to pot all the time, but i wanna farm elite regularly someday so i had to use rogue. Now i realized that tanks cant find pt with maxed rogues only, average rogue players, who mostly already broke buying tons of pots daily and trying to save ankhs, want tanks in their pt, to heal and taunt. Ill never be maxed tho so ill always be friends to tanks lol

Unless you want to solo (because no one will party with you), don't be stingy with pots and ankhs in planar tombs.

Pots are cheap. Ankhs are not. Pot like a madman to save ankhs (and power through the level). It's worth it.

nevercan
03-24-2015, 01:09 PM
I'm still a tank and still will stay him (don't have the patience to make a 41 rogue)

Lol, me to im stack at lvl 25

CouchPass
03-24-2015, 03:33 PM

Haha! A 2 class game? The moment tanks are gone, it will be a short time till mages die out too. All AlL would be is 1 player game and guess who that player is? Rouges. What do they not have?
Speed SP
Damage Bow
Mana Pets
Dodge Built in..
And lots of others..

D.AL
03-24-2015, 04:15 PM
I play since season 1, im a rogue and have an alt as Warrior.

I always liked to play on parties with warriors, to me they r essential, ofc u can made a dps one. But in my point of view i prefer. "they make our life easier".

We have on end game, excellent warriors, they arent a dead weight on pt, they work hard an make a great job.

Just my opnion.

- Dvaz -

Newcomx
03-24-2015, 08:04 PM
Other players will need warrior when the new expansion come.

Remiem
03-26-2015, 09:30 AM
It's interesting how everyone has different solutions, I hope sts takes note!!!!

We're always listening and taking note! Great discussion, all of you. Thank you.

Sundar Moorthi
03-26-2015, 10:05 AM

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 for this game gona fullfill with rogue ARCANE LEGENDS TURNED TO BE ROGUE LEGENDS :P

nevercan
03-26-2015, 10:39 AM
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 for this game gona fullfill with rogue ARCANE LEGENDS TURNED TO BE ROGUE LEGENDS :P
No no nk you got completely wrong it is Rouge Legends only the r and l arecapital letters.

gumball3000
03-26-2015, 11:21 AM
4 minutes added to the course of 100 runs is 6.6 hours to put that into perspective, a party of rogues could do 40-45 runs of t3 during that time.

Powergear546
03-26-2015, 03:01 PM
Lol,feeling sad, I am a warrior with only legendary stuff but still i know how to tank in a better way,most people who are tanks doesn't know how to tank.

"TANKS REALLY NEED A BUFF"