PDA

View Full Version : I can't understand.....

Ignitedmage
03-20-2015, 07:51 AM
I guess if i am write we cannot add this symbol "-" as it is shown in these two pictures

As shown we can't add symbols so why this person have symbols in this picture?

Well i don't know why that is and seriously, i have no idea about it so don't take as offence or troll and if you know why that is please post.

No offence or harsh posts please and have a good day :)

- Kingshahzeb

AppleNoob
03-20-2015, 07:58 AM
The answer is a special one.

Back in the days of the old, PL actually had two servers: Alterra and Fnord. STG eventually merged the Fnord server into the Alterra server. The people that had Accs on the Fnord server had -Fnord added to the end of their names to show that they originally came from Fnord.

Mrrobbinhood
03-20-2015, 08:05 AM
lol write

Ssneakykills
03-20-2015, 11:53 AM

Back in the days of the old, PL actually had two servers: Alterra and Fnord. STG eventually merged the Fnord server into the Alterra server. The people that had Accs on the Fnord server had -Fnord added to the end of their names to show that they originally came from Fnord.

Pretty sure -fnord was added because people in the other server had the same names

Ubernewber
03-20-2015, 01:07 PM
Pretty sure -fnord was added because people in the other server had the same names

Correct, if someone in alterra was named Pro and someone in fnord had the name pro the alterra would keep name and the fnord would get the -fnord tag

Electrophiles
03-20-2015, 01:15 PM

Sneaks is write on this one

Lol good try armourslash

Ubernewber
03-20-2015, 01:21 PM
Lol good try armourslash

Lolllll when are people gunna stop caling apple armour... They dont even talk the same

anahadaz
03-20-2015, 02:18 PM

You're still not founders

Booked
03-20-2015, 08:59 PM
-fnord was usable for a few, but if you tried to use it by changing your name it couldn't be for example: If you wanted to change your name to Great-fnord it couldn't be and could be written as Greatfnord. There was also a few glitches that only STS could make, it happened to Spy, he erased his character for accident and when STS gave him back he was Spy6 (Is an example, i don't remember number) and in a few days changed it to Spyyyy or something like that (By STS aswell).

Ignitedmage
03-21-2015, 12:58 AM
Thanks all for informing me from it :)

I wish i was from fnord :p

KingFu
03-21-2015, 02:04 AM
-fnord was usable for a few, but if you tried to use it by changing your name it couldn't be for example: If you wanted to change your name to Great-fnord it couldn't be and could be written as Greatfnord. There was also a few glitches that only STS could make, it happened to Spy, he erased his character for accident and when STS gave him back he was Spy6 (Is an example, i don't remember number) and in a few days changed it to Spyyyy or something like that (By STS aswell).

Uh, the number was entirely irrelevant to Fnord names. The number in names came from people deleting their character, taking said character's name on an alt, then requesting for a revive of the deleted character. The number had to do with the number of deletions.

AppleNoob
03-21-2015, 06:15 PM
You're still not founders

I am. I just simply don't feel the need to prove my point to someone who thinks he knows all.