PDA

View Full Version : Gameloft announces Order & Chaos (WoW Clone MMORPG)

xxteargodxx
03-17-2011, 12:44 PM
What do you guys think by looking at it? I immediately thought holy...crap...That looks sweet!! Got to wait for information though on how much it'd cost to buy and if there's a subscription to play.

Seems like Pocket Legends will finally have some true competition on their hands..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJfTd44XP90

--TearGod.

StompArtist
03-17-2011, 12:45 PM
What do you guys think by looking at it? I immediately thought holy...crap...That looks sweet!! Got to wait for information though on how much it'd cost to buy and if there's a subscription to play.

Seems like Pocket Legends will finally have some true competition on their hands..

--TearGod.

Do they have Squirrels?

xxteargodxx
03-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Video link has been added to my first post, forgot to put it there.

Klemen
03-17-2011, 12:59 PM
There is already a wow clone in production:http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/profile?user=worldofmidgard

Lesrider
03-17-2011, 01:00 PM
I just saw this on their FB page and was going to post here.
I know Gameloft has had issues in the past, but they've really been improving. I'm not sure about their customer service, though. They would need to step that up for a true MMO (not just multiplayer options like DH2).

It looks awesome, though. But will reserve judgement until I see what their pricing is like. I'm not looking for another cash sinkhole.

Echelong
03-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Well gameloft is known for making clones of other games and I mean they really don't have any original game of their own. The game looks great and world of midgard also looks good but it disappoints me that they have to make a direct clone. We will have to see.

Klemen
03-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Only time will tell....

Lesrider
03-17-2011, 01:08 PM
Well gameloft is known for making clones of other games and I mean they really don't have any original game of their own. The game looks great and world of midgard also looks good but it disappoints me that they have to make a direct clone. We will have to see.

Honestly, that doesn't bother me one bit. I don't play WoW, and WoW isn't coming to the iPhone as far as I know. So as long as GL does a good job, I don't care if their games are copies. At this point I don't think any of these games really can be original. PL also has archer, Mage, warrior like every other game out there. So they're bears and birds, that's the huge difference?

I remember someone saying that even Shakespeare's stories weren't original. They're based off earlier stories. There's really not much true originality left.

Echelong
03-17-2011, 01:13 PM
Honestly, that doesn't bother me one bit. I don't play WoW, and WoW isn't coming to the iPhone as far as I know. So as long as GL does a good job, I don't care if their games are copies. At this point I don't think any of these games really can be original. PL also has archer, Mage, warrior like every other game out there. So they're bears and birds, that's the huge difference?

I remember someone saying that even Shakespeare's stories weren't original. They're based off earlier stories. There's really not much true originality left.

PL has a lot of original ideas. Dunno maybe its because of my line of work but it disappoints me, if its good I will probably play it unless its like WoW and takes 4 hours to clear an instance (raid). But of all their games I haven't seen any originality in them its ok to copy a few things just not the whole game. There have been many lawsuits of copyrights against them I am not sure how they have ended.

It looks fantastic we will just have to wait for the fun factor and how well they do with the community.

superss
03-17-2011, 01:26 PM
hmmm looks cool but im sticking with you pl!

Kossi
03-17-2011, 01:31 PM
dang that looks sick

i just hope i can play it with my ipod

Barbamitsos
03-17-2011, 01:33 PM
im so goin to start this game !

Kossi
03-17-2011, 01:37 PM
apple just released in-app subscriptions, so this will probably cost some money a month

EDIT: pm me when anyone knows when this app is out

xxteargodxx
03-17-2011, 01:37 PM
I decided to give Gameloft a call, they have a number for their offices based in New York. I figured I'd get an answer from there seeing as it's New York.

What I was told is that the game will be free to download and you will be able to play the first few levels of the character and then there will be a fee. What I don't think the person on the phone understood, was when I asked if it will just be a one time fee or a subscription fee cause all he said was that there will be a fee. He sounded French though so is all good, he was polite too.

When I asked for a release date he couldn't give me one.

Lesrider
03-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Gameloft is based in NY? I think a visit is in order :)

Barbamitsos
03-17-2011, 02:36 PM
hehe all i wanted to see was the spotlight. Idc about how much it will cost. I got paypal :D

Kossi
03-17-2011, 02:47 PM
lol i got banned from the gameloft forums when i registered

my lv45 archer in DH2 got deleted when i reinstalled ;(

Echelong
03-17-2011, 02:53 PM
lol i got banned from the gameloft forums when i registered

my lv45 archer in DH2 got deleted when i reinstalled ;(

Did you started bumping old threads too? Or was it because you where trying to buy stuff with pretzels?

one serious question.. is your device Jailbreak?

Kossi
03-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Did you started bumping old threads too? Or was it because you where trying to buy stuff with pretzels?

one serious question.. is your device Jailbreak?

no, i literally created my account on their forums and i got banned -.-'

my device is not jailbroken

Lesrider
03-17-2011, 02:55 PM
Kossi, for any games that save the progress to your devices, the only way to keep the progress if you uninstall is to back it up to iTunes. Otherwise they're gone. And for same games <cough DD cough>, backups are necessary even if you don't uninstall.

Kossi
03-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Kossi, for any games that save the progress to your devices, the only way to keep the progress if you uninstall is to back it up to iTunes. Otherwise they're gone. And for same games <cough DD cough>, backups are necessary even if you don't uninstall.

i went to their forums and i saw someone suggest they delete and reinstall

fail.

Kossi
03-17-2011, 02:56 PM
dang i spent so much time getting to 45

Echelong
03-17-2011, 02:57 PM

my device is not jailbroken

Then that is strange I would send them an e-mail to support. Unless someone got your UDID and messed with it but its almost impossible.

i went to their forums and i saw someone suggest they delete and reinstall

fail.

You should have read other posts about the characters been deleted even when upgrading to a newer version. their apps don't save your characters on their server its on your device. That happened to me too so I stopped playing and I wasn't 45.

Kossi
03-17-2011, 02:58 PM
Then that is strange I would send them an e-mail to support. Unless someone got your UDID and messed with it but its almost impossible.

how do i contact support? i cant even see their forums now -.-'

i contacted them via youtube :P
it was all i could do

Physiologic
03-17-2011, 03:00 PM

it was all i could do

Try this:
http://www.gameloft.com/index.php?platform=gameloft&section=home

I'm surprised they've expanded so far as to have phone support as well.

Lesrider
03-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Eh I'm already lvl 40 with two chars and have a third at lvl 15 or something. It's really really fast the second time though. Gotta say, I'm loving my Shadowmancer. I wish I read a guide with the diff skills for each class, though, before playing. I made my rogue into an archer and I had already spent so many points on melee skills. I'll prob start him over bc of that. Rogue looks cool, though. So does my Shadowmancer in full Dread gear :)

Echelong
03-17-2011, 03:02 PM

it was all i could do

Here is a link to their support page
http://www.gameloft.com/gameloft/?adid=101966

and what do you know Physio beat me to it again lol... dang you are one fast bird

Kossi
03-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Try this:
http://www.gameloft.com/index.php?platform=gameloft&section=home

I'm surprised they've expanded so far as to have phone support as well.
i hope this works :P

Junside
03-17-2011, 04:03 PM
-1000 for trying to leech off the success of another title. I never liked WoW and this looks even crappier. And GameLoft games always seems to talk big and bring mediocre games to the table.

Echelong
03-17-2011, 05:21 PM
What do you know it also has a GCD. So people don't keep fighting over the GCD change STS is making.

Zeus
03-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Honestly, I don't think there is going to be competition. If people have looked into Gameloft's history. They basically take well known games and remake it into their own game. Examples of this are, Operation Sandstorm, NOVA, NOVA 2, and this. While the graphic's look GREAT. I think Pocket Legends will still be on top.

PvpLegend
03-17-2011, 05:25 PM
must buy for me.
it'Ll be released for 6.99 according to touch arcade

Kalielle
03-17-2011, 05:29 PM

Lol. Somewhat unrelated, but reminds me of how I got banned from a Wow trial half an hour after registering, while I was still figuring out the controls and running into trees. It said I was exploiting the economy or something - I didn't even know there was an economy. E-mailed them and they said it was because some automated process detected I was running my (very widely used) firewall software on my PC. I thought this wasn't exactly the most user-friendly way for their software to deal with the issue - uninstalled and never looked back. Glad I stuck with PL. :D

FluffNStuff
03-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Gameloft is notorious for release and forget. STS is legendary for release and improve. Just saying.

Zeus
03-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Gameloft is notorious for release and forget. STS is legendary for release and improve. Just saying.

This. +1. One more thing. In before the lock! I have a suspicious feeling Justg is going to lock this thread since he is viewing it.

Justg
03-17-2011, 05:47 PM
We generally don't lock off-topic threads, even when discussing potential competitors, unless they get out of control (like anywhere else).

This game looks great! We are big WoW fans as well :)

Kossi
03-17-2011, 05:52 PM
We generally don't lock off-topic threads, even when discussing potential competitors, unless they get out of control (like anywhere else).

This game looks great! We are big WoW fans as well :)

did you get my PM ?

Fatpigwarrior
03-17-2011, 05:55 PM
Pocket legends and order&chaos will be only games [beside my ds] that i will play !

noobmigo
03-17-2011, 06:21 PM
gameloft......It's over guys......
Let's KILL THEM ALL

Lesrider
03-17-2011, 06:25 PM

May be true, but they are improving (I've actually seen them respond to issues on Facebook). I won't be the first to jump on this bandwagon, as I rarely am (Infinity Blade and Sacred Odyssey were rare exceptions). But I will be watching it closely, deciding on it. And if it's free to start, I'll definitely download right away.

RedRyder
03-17-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm buying it. If it's bad, its only 7 bucks.

Inching
03-17-2011, 07:01 PM
I'm buying it. If it's bad, its only 7 bucks.

Im buying it also... cause im a sucker and i buy everything....

Given its Gameloft it should be pretty decent... perhaps they will only change the players only ONCE as opposed to continiously charging for expansions.... just saying

Lesrider
03-17-2011, 07:08 PM
Only time will tell. I just hope if they do have in-game purchases, they're not items that give an advantage over the looted stuff.

Ellyidol
03-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Idk, I've always liked gameloft for their offline games (DH2 was the best), I think I'll leave online playing to STS. I have B* to look forward to anyway :D

Slush
03-17-2011, 09:52 PM
*sigh* the same gameloft engine?...meh, cant really say STS is better, theyre using the same engine as pl for B*
edit:i know i know, if it aint broke, dont fix it. but im really getting tired of gameloft

Inching
03-17-2011, 10:03 PM
all comes down to lag and server space IMO.... i doubt gameloft will have server issues but even the best games, if they lag its garbage.

JaytB
03-17-2011, 10:04 PM
Idk, I've always liked gameloft for their offline games (DH2 was the best), I think I'll leave online playing to STS. I have B* to look forward to anyway :D
Yes, DH2 rocked. I used to be 3rd in the world rankings. My IGN was Flawless2011... We might have played together there :)
Probably going to check their new game out too...

Lesrider
03-28-2011, 03:30 PM
Look at these screenshots. I'm excited.

http://www.iphonehellas.gr/26129/order-chaos-online-mmorpg-exclusive-screenshots/

Barbamitsos
03-28-2011, 03:34 PM
look at these screenshots. I'm excited.

http://www.iphonehellas.gr/26129/order-chaos-online-mmorpg-exclusive-screenshots/

iphonehellas is from greece hshahahahahahhahaha

Inching
03-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Look at these screenshots. I'm excited.

these screen shots are sick !!!!

xxteargodxx
03-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Oh wow..Those screenshots are just BEAUTIFUL!!! Pocket Legends has some serious competition on their hands!

kavanah
04-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Do they have Squirrels?

Why yes, yes it does!

MAlandM
04-29-2011, 03:46 PM
To be honest... I prefer the graphics of PL more. The colours are better and stuff...
The only thing that makes O&C possibly a little better is that the levelling is easier. I hate how long it takes to level up in PL and in the end when you do level up, nothing good really happens until you level up about 5-10 more times... 8 times in my case.

Moogerfooger
04-29-2011, 03:47 PM
This is gonna get locked. Sam said they want all O&C on one thread.