PDA

View Full Version : What increases skill damage???

Jameswilliam
03-17-2011, 04:26 PM
for a warrior that im making with mostly dexterity,,, what makes the skills have more damage is that dexterity or your over all damage??

Echelong
03-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Strength will add damage also but dex will add the most damage. Also it is affected by you base damage not dps. Slower weapons like the 2h will give you more damage than 1h.

Jameswilliam
03-17-2011, 04:35 PM
so dexterity will in increase the damage done by my skills??? why do so many people think archers dexterity increase their skill damage....mages inteleect increases their skill damage and warriors strength increases their skill damage??

Echelong
03-17-2011, 04:42 PM
so dexterity will in increase the damage done by my skills??? why do so many people think archers dexterity increase their skill damage....mages inteleect increases their skill damage and warriors strength increases their skill damage??

Dex always increases damage and skill damage for all classes, warriors also get skill damage with str and mages also get skill damage with int. But you will always get more skill damage with dex than you do with your primary stats unless you are a bird.

You have to remember that is not only damage that matters. str gives you dodge, h/s, health and armor. Dex gives you hit and crit and int gives you m/s, mana and at some point some h/s.

I think that's about it maybe they do add more to different stats when you have them high enough but thats all I know for now. Maybe Physio has tested this further down.

See I told ya you can always count on Physio

Physiologic
03-17-2011, 04:42 PM
There's two things you need to think about: Damage vs skill damage. Damage is what you do when you do normal attacks, and it is seen in your character stat screen as "Damage: 192-204".

For damage:
1 point of STR = +0.02 damage
1 point of INT = +0.08 damage
1 point of DEX = +0.15 damage

As you can see, DEX adds the most normal damage per 1 attribute point used.

For skill damage:
STR adds more skill damage for bears
DEX adds more skill damage for birds
INT adds more skill damage for mages

But you also have to take into account that skill damage is calculated using a portion of your damage. So bears with high STR can have high skill damage, but bears with STR/DEX can also have high skill damage because DEX increases your damage by a lot, which in turns increases your skill damage.

PartyyGuy
04-02-2011, 04:44 PM
nice signature :)

Silverpegasus
05-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Ahhh, the answer i've been looking for all these time. I want to get my maximum skill damage and have been pondering whther to put it in dex or int for my mage. I currently have more than enough mana to spam endless buffs and attacks. Some posts have said a nuke mage will achieve the max skill damage, but i kind of doubt it as when i equip myself with a weapon that increase int vs a weapon that has more dmg, my skill damage shows higher damage pts for the weapon that increases dmg.

What is your take Psysiologic? Putting all into int or a part of it into dex too. Which actually deals more skill dmg? I tested staffs vs wands and though the staff shows less dmg than wand, the staff has higher skill dmg, keeping int the same. I have a collection of same level weapons to test this with ;).
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Duped
05-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Silver, you need to understand your skill damage is MOST affected by your weapon, and next affected by your skill points. If I remember correctly, 70% of staff damage goes to skills, and 90 or 100 of wand goes to skill damage. That said, as a Mage, everything with skill with a range will be stronger with more INT (even heal for example!, but not terror or nightmare since they have set values). Pure INT with a Staff will achieve max skill damage, followed by a wand etc.

This is my understanding of it, even though I am not Physiologic :)

This is why Pally's spell damage suffers so much, more points into STR, and lower weapon damages