PDA

View Full Version : Str/Dex and Dex/Str mage builds.

Orjin
03-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Im just curious how these builds work as Im seen them alot more lately. Wouldnt leaving no points into Int take away so much from your skills damage that it would overshadow any benefit of having the second off talent rather then just being a Pally or Dexmage? I tried searching but didnt find anything about dual builds when both talents are not that of your class.

Pharcyde
03-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Str/Dex is impossible to dual equip. So that class would mean they were either a dex-orientated mage with bear gear or a str orientated mage with bird gear (hybrid classes). One of the worst class setups I can think of for a mage.

Then at the end you mention dual builds, so again, Dex/Str or Str/Dex is not possible on a mage. At least not if the mage wants to wear top tier lvl 51-55 gear.

Lastly, Mages NEED int. The only mage build that doesn't need int is a pure dex mage. Dex mages pretty much are just weak birds that turn into beast birds during their 20 second buff.

KingFu
03-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Actually, dual str and dex is possible. Htiek and I both did it at 50, and it is possible to dual 53 gear at 55, although i havent tried 55 gear on a 55, but it was very weak. No int to raise skill damage, and although it had nice survivability, it didn't have the feel of an enchantress.

As pharcyde said, mages need int unless you plan on going pure dex. Int boosts skill damage, and really can make your Mage nuke. Pure dex Mage has high crit and hit, and nukes well too, although it is much squishier. Dex Mage heavily relies on buffs in pvp, without them, they're basically a doormat.

Orjin
03-17-2011, 06:50 PM
That was my point. I wasnt talking about dual equipping Str/Dex and wearing all top tier gear. I was wondering why I see mages running around wearing all Str gear with the rest of the points into Dex, or vice versa with no points added to Int. I thought maybe they know something I didnt. I had a dual equipped 55 mage but went back to straight pally as it was just easier for me.

Str/Dex is impossible to dual equip. So that class would mean they were either a dex-orientated mage with bear gear or a str orientated mage with bird gear (hybrid classes). One of the worst class setups I can think of for a mage.

Then at the end you mention dual builds, so again, Dex/Str or Str/Dex is not possible on a mage. At least not if the mage wants to wear top tier lvl 51-55 gear.

Lastly, Mages NEED int. The only mage build that doesn't need int is a pure dex mage. Dex mages pretty much are just weak birds that turn into beast birds during their 20 second buff.

Pharcyde
03-17-2011, 07:11 PM
Actually, dual str and dex is possible. Htiek and I both did it at 50, and it is possible to dual 53 gear at 55, although i havent tried 55 gear on a 55, but it was very weak. No int to raise skill damage, and although it had nice survivability, it didn't have the feel of an enchantress.

As pharcyde said, mages need int unless you plan on going pure dex. Int boosts skill damage, and really can make your Mage nuke. Pure dex Mage has high crit and hit, and nukes well too, although it is much squishier. Dex Mage heavily relies on buffs in pvp, without them, they're basically a doormat.

How did you guys do it!? :o I could not find a single item in the game that had the necessary attribute point additions to get both equipped!

Both 53 and 55 still require the same amount of int/str/dex to equip right?

That was my point. I wasnt talking about dual equipping Str/Dex and wearing all top tier gear. I was wondering why I see mages running around wearing all Str gear with the rest of the points into Dex, or vice versa with no points added to Int. I thought maybe they know something I didnt. I had a dual equipped 55 mage but went back to straight pally as it was just easier for me.

These players just don't understand the mechanics of the builds :P. a str/dex and dex/str mix with mage spells sounds worse then a pure str mage o.O.

Sky../
03-18-2011, 12:31 AM
@pharcyde

Level 53 has lower stat requirements than level 55

KingFu
03-18-2011, 01:26 AM
Level 51 req: 161 level 53: 167 level 55: 173