PDA

View Full Version : Help please???

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Everytime i turn on my laptop it automatically makes this huge beeping sound after a few seconds, and the screen just goes blank. What do I do? Much appreciated

Junside
03-17-2011, 08:08 PM
Maybe it's overheated?

Zeus
03-17-2011, 08:11 PM
Pretty sure you overheated it. Experienced this on many of my other laptops. You may want to bring it in to your local Geek Squad and see if heat did any damage to the internal components (Yes it's possible and more common then you think). Do you use your laptop on the bed? There is a reason they are called notebooks now. The laptop's vents are usually located at the bottom, or towards the back. When you put it on the bed. You block those vents without realizing it, which may be a factor to the possible case of overheating. You of course could also be overworking your CPU, but I doubt it.

Physiologic
03-17-2011, 08:12 PM
The capacitors on your motherboard probably melted :p Time to do surgery on it!

KingFu
03-17-2011, 08:12 PM
Pretty sure you overheated it. Experienced this on many of my other laptops. You may want to bring it in to your local Geek Squad and see if heat did any damage to the internal components (Yes it's possible and more common then you think). Do you use your laptop on the bed? There is a reason they are called notebooks now. The laptop's vents are usually located at the bottom, or towards the back. When you put it on the bed. You block those vents without realizing it, which may be a factor to the possible case of overheating. You of course could also be overworking your CPU, but I doubt it.

What he said [o]_[o]

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-17-2011, 08:54 PM
No i havent blocked the vents, they were always on top of my desk, and there is enough space for the vents

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Someone plase give other options D: im nothing without my laptop :(

Chickdigcookies
03-17-2011, 09:08 PM
too much pron is bad, i told you this.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-17-2011, 09:10 PM
too much pron is bad, i told you this.

You trollchild, im being serious my laptop is screwed!

Chickdigcookies
03-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Oh no you didnt!

Chickdigcookies
03-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Its friday, friday, gotta get down on friday, errubody is looking foward to the weekend!!!!!

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-17-2011, 09:17 PM
http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4388404/TROLL-Y-U-NO-SHUT-UP.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Y-U-NO

Chickdigcookies
03-17-2011, 09:19 PM
youmadbro?

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-17-2011, 09:22 PM
youmadbro?

Please, now is not the time...

noneo
03-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Could be the graphics card. I had an HP laptop and my model had a problem with the connections withering away over time. I would turn it on, lights would come on, then it would let out a series of beeps in a row, then shut off. You can look up the beeping code online (type in what it sounds like, how many beeps, etc.) and find out what the problem is. To me it seems like a graphics/video card, which could be bad since many motherboards have cards directly soldered on.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-17-2011, 09:36 PM
Could be the graphics card. I had an HP laptop and my model had a problem with the connections withering away over time. I would turn it on, lights would come on, then it would let out a series of beeps in a row, then shut off. You can look up the beeping code online (type in what it sounds like, how many beeps, etc.) and find out what the problem is. To me it seems like a graphics/video card, which could be bad since many motherboards have cards directly soldered on.

Oh :/...

Ok thanks, ill check it out