PDA

View Full Version : Omg now I remember why I stopped using eBay to sell.

Lesrider
03-17-2011, 11:57 PM
I recently started selling all my old Gameboy games on eBay, and besides eBay and paypal taking a nice big chunk of my profits....

I was just told to mail a game to Canada in an oatmeal box. o_O. (Assuming I even have one!)

/vent over

Junside
03-17-2011, 11:59 PM
Sounds ghetto

Lesrider
03-18-2011, 12:03 AM
He asked me before bidding what the shipping would cost. Didn't say I couldn't use a bubble envelope (used it plenty of times and no complaints yet). Now he says he wants a box. I told him I don't have one and I would have to buy one, so it would cost him more.
And that's where the oatmeal box comes in.

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to say next. But something tells me I'm going to be losing even more of my profits...

Sigh.

Lesrider
03-18-2011, 12:09 AM
And meanwhile, all the games I've sent out have been delivered safely, except one -- that seems to have never made it out of the post office! How do you lose a package before it even hits the road????
:/

Junside
03-18-2011, 02:19 AM
What sucks is people could leave bad rep behind if you're not careful.

Get ready to add oatmeal to your diet? Lol

Fatpigwarrior
03-18-2011, 02:37 AM
dont give to him oat meal just put in a normal box

EpuYue
03-18-2011, 02:57 AM
Just use any kind of box u can find? Those are the reasons why i don't use ebay too.

noneo
03-18-2011, 06:44 AM
He asked me before bidding what the shipping would cost. Didn't say I couldn't use a bubble envelope (used it plenty of times and no complaints yet). Now he says he wants a box. I told him I don't have one and I would have to buy one, so it would cost him more.
And that's where the oatmeal box comes in.

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to say next. But something tells me I'm going to be losing even more of my profits...

Sigh.

don't put it in an oatmeal box. There's been no occasion or I've got to specify what the packaging is on an item that I've ordered online. just put it in a standard bubble wrap envelopes and ship it off. He won't leave you a bad review, how can he? what is he going to say, sellar did not ship product in oatmeal box?

Lesrider
03-18-2011, 06:49 AM
Well, if it gets crushed on the way, he can give me a bad review. And I don't want to ruin my 100% rating.

I'm just shocked at the audacity. He wants a box, but is unwilling to pay extra so I can go buy one. I think he expects me to go dumpster diving to find one if I don't have one. Sigh.

noneo
03-18-2011, 06:53 AM
Ya, that is pretty weak. Just keep it and tell him it got lost in the mail :p. If he didn't buy insurance then you are good to go! (JK, do NOT do that, that's pretty morally wrong lol)

Lesrider
03-18-2011, 07:03 AM
Lol nah I wouldn't do that.
Besides, if it gets lost in the mail, I'd get negative feedback (worried about the one that's telling me it never left the post office ugh.)

I'm gonna try to satisfy this guy without spending more money out of my pockets. But if I send it in an oatmeal box he better not complain lol.

Tengotengo
03-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Do you have a standard shipping rate, like 5 bucks? if so, just do the box. If you're charging what UPS/USPS charges, raise the price. That's all I can say...

FluffNStuff
03-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Did he specifically state that it had to be Quaker Oatmeal or is he willing to settle for store brand?

Lesrider
03-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Did he specifically state that it had to be Quaker Oatmeal or is he willing to settle for store brand?

Lol you laugh but he did say Quaker!!

It's all good, though. I appealed to his common sense and convinced him to spend a whole extra dollar so I can buy him a box!

BeardedBear
03-18-2011, 01:26 PM
Seems like a picky buyer, I would forget the oatmeal box. WTF is an oatmeal box btw? I've only seen those oatmeal cylinder containers.

noneo
03-18-2011, 01:33 PM
lol, it's a box that contains like 8 individually wrapped, serving size packets of outmeal.

Lesrider
03-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Seems like a picky buyer, I would forget the oatmeal box. WTF is an oatmeal box btw? I've only seen those oatmeal cylinder containers.

He means the kind that holds those individual packets.
It turned out I did have an oatmeal box, but it's really flimsy AND I would likely have to cover the whole thing in white labels to get the post office to accept it (he recommended covering it in white printer paper lol -- yeah like that's not asking for trouble.) Too likely to cause problems, and I'm not interested in more drama.

I send most of my single games in bubble envelopes, and no one has complained yet. But if you have special requests, be prepared to fund them! Not going dumpster diving for anyone and I'm not losing more of my profits by paying for the box myself.
He's also from Canada, and I made a point of saying I'll only ship to the US. He sent me an email before bidding to ask me how much it would cost to ship to Canada, and since it was only slightly more than to the US, I said I would do it for the same price. But then he has all these requests jeez. I think next time I'll just say, "Sorry, US only."

He was even trying to tell me prices of boxes based off him once being in a dollar store in North Carolina lol.

noneo
03-18-2011, 01:43 PM
OMG, This buyer is a stroke! I am so glad I was not selling to him or I would have flipped out.

BeardedBear
03-18-2011, 02:02 PM
He means the kind that holds those individual packets.
It turned out I did have an oatmeal box, but it's really flimsy AND I would likely have to cover the whole thing in white labels to get the post office to accept it (he recommended covering it in white printer paper lol -- yeah like that's not asking for trouble.) Too likely to cause problems, and I'm not interested in more drama.

I send most of my single games in bubble envelopes, and no one has complained yet. But if you have special requests, be prepared to fund them! Not going dumpster diving for anyone and I'm not losing more of my profits by paying for the box myself.
He's also from Canada, and I made a point of saying I'll only ship to the US. He sent me an email before bidding to ask me how much it would cost to ship to Canada, and since it was only slightly more than to the US, I said I would do it for the same price. But then he has all these requests jeez. I think next time I'll just say, "Sorry, US only."

He was even trying to tell me prices of boxes based off him once being in a dollar store in North Carolina lol.

Shesh, I imagine the gameboy game you are selling can't give you much of a return either. I wouldn't lose money just to keep your rating at 100% for some shmuck. I know you are obligated to sell once you have your buyer, but it seems like he is really stretching it.

Have you considered one of these express boxes? http://muggphoto.photoshelter.com/image/I0000tnhy9dC5Ec4

edit: what gb game is this btw?

Lesrider
03-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Beard, sending it via fedex or ups would likely cost more than the game itself. And even USPS boxes aren't cheap.

The best way to send this stuff is just basic first class mail.

I managed to get him to pay an extra dollar to cover the box, but I haven't even looked anywhere besides the post office yet, and I hope I can find one so cheap. Bubble envelopes are 2/99 cents at the dollar store, but didn't see any boxes at the time.

This is why I keep any small boxes I get in the mail. But I ran out of them.

mugen
03-18-2011, 03:50 PM
I say ship with oatmeal packs and game inside. they will cushion it enuff rite?:D