PDA

View Full Version : 35 intmage skill build

Otukura
03-18-2011, 01:33 AM
Deciding on one.. I know I want 6 BOM, 6 BOV, 1 mana shield, 6 heal, which leaves 15 left...

I was thinking 6 light, 6 firestorm, 1 ice storm, 1 ice ball(w/e it's called), 1 lifesteal? I dunno.. can't decide, mages have too many good skills.

Suggestions? thanks in adv.

Inching
03-18-2011, 01:38 AM
decrease BOM and BOV and max out mana shield.... never max debuffs before u max self protection which also included life steal, shiled, heal.... doesnt make sence to me. also remove frost bolt (ice ball) unless u are focusing on PvP instead of leveling.

Beanmachine
03-18-2011, 01:57 AM
decrease BOM and BOV and max out mana shield.... never max debuffs before u max self protection which also included life steal, shiled, heal.... doesnt make sence to me. also remove frost bolt (ice ball) unless u are focusing on PvP instead of leveling.

Well this is the pvp section;)

Otukura
03-18-2011, 02:01 AM
This is for PvP... that's why it's in the PvP section :D (bean got there first :p)

You say decrease BOM, and then focus on self protection? BOM maxed is +40 armor... and BOV has such great crit and damage buffs it's a must for me. I'm basically trying to find the last 15 skill points now...

Mana shield has the worst skill gain ever, aside from rev. +2 armor for a whole skill point? Not really for me.

Would rev. be an okay thing to do in PvP? I've seen some instances where it's really nice, (3 mages, never dying b/c of epic rev, ended in epic kill farm for us).

And are you saying BOM and BOV are debuffs? they're buffs to you...

Beanmachine
03-18-2011, 02:06 AM
If you're really serious with lv35 twinking(i.e 1v1 competitions) then no need rev. Thats all i know-.-

Zerious
03-18-2011, 09:53 AM
If you're really serious with lv35 twinking(i.e 1v1 competitions) then no need rev. Thats all i know-.-

rev has an undocumented regen buff. At level 35, it's worth it if you're a pally. But in this case I'm assuming it's a pure int.

I recommend Drain Life since it actually has some insane damage at level 6. It also has a really good range, which is ideal when fighting warbirds.

joeychandler
03-18-2011, 12:15 PM
rev has an undocumented regen buff. At level 35, it's worth it if you're a pally

Heh who told you this? ;)

Conradin
03-18-2011, 12:36 PM
I'll send you the Best one.

Zerious
03-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Heh who told you this? ;)

imperialelf :D can't argue there. Lol i know you did but imp was the one who originally told me

noobmigo
03-18-2011, 06:15 PM
rev has an undocumented regen buff. At level 35, it's worth it if you're a pally. But in this case I'm assuming it's a pure int.

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my LIFE. Test it?

Zerious
03-18-2011, 06:17 PM
That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my LIFE. Test it?

noobmigo, mi amigo, I do not give information unless I HAVE tested it :)

KingFu
03-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Deciding on one.. I know I want 6 BOM, 6 BOV, 1 mana shield, 6 heal, which leaves 15 left...

I was thinking 6 light, 6 firestorm, 1 ice storm, 1 ice ball(w/e it's called), 1 lifesteal? I dunno.. can't decide, mages have too many good skills.

Suggestions? thanks in adv.

6 BOM 6 BOV 1 Mana shield 6 Heal 6 Firestorm, 6 Drain life, 2 lightning, 1 "freeze ball":p

noobmigo
03-18-2011, 06:18 PM
noobmigo, mi amigo, I do not give information unless I HAVE tested it :)

So what is it? The regen buff? Pwease.....

noobmigo
03-18-2011, 06:19 PM
, 1 "freeze ball":p

If I was a perv...(;))

Zerious
03-18-2011, 06:19 PM
6 BOM 6 BOV 1 Mana shield 6 Heal 6 Firestorm, 6 Drain life, 2 lightning, 1 "freeze ball":p

where's Icestorm? :P 2 lightning over 1 Icestorm?? Madness!

KingFu
03-18-2011, 06:22 PM
where's Icestorm? :P 2 lightning over 1 Icestorm?? Madness!

I personally don't like ice storm, I'm not used to it with twink builds so I stick with frostbite, you could incorporate ice storm, but I don't prefer it.

Ladylove
03-18-2011, 10:07 PM
Lol I disagree with all of you!!! I award you: zero charm points!!! David was sort of close though. You only need ONE ice in pvp. Since you're not dealing with mobs, ice storm is unneccessary. Don't waste your points there. Frostbite is good to stop the runners in their tracks, do damage on its own, and to make a combo. Keep a couple points there for effectiveness. As for mana shield, NEVER use more than one point there unless you are at end-game and you just really like mana shield. At 35, your points are entirely too valuable. Drain life is a great spell, I would not keep it below 4 or 5.

Otukura
03-18-2011, 10:57 PM
@ brooke, that's what was was thinking(except for the icestorm), but still having trouble deciding what to knock points off for drain life. I'm not so much into 1 v 1s, but team fights. With my current twink, I'll do either to be flexible.

will post more when I get on my comp.. currently swype got deleted when I reflashed my os... not fun typing here.

EDIT: and would freeze ball(yes, that's the only thing I'll call it now) only have 1 point? the skill points only raise a minuscule amount of max damage...

Ladylove
03-18-2011, 11:00 PM
@ brooke, that's what was was thinking(except for the icestorm), but still having trouble deciding what to knock points off for drain life. I'm not so much into 1 v 1s, but team fights. With my current twink, I'll do either to be flexible.

will post more when I get on my comp.. currently swype got deleted when I reflashed my os... not fun typing here.

Still, with frost storm you'll be chasing people all over the map and it's best to spend points on only a few skills and make those few skills strong. If you want, come see me ingame. I'll probably be on my main, but my 35 enchantreses are Missdevilish and Scarletlady if you want to work with me in an arena.

Zerious
03-18-2011, 11:58 PM
Lol I disagree with all of you!!! I award you: zero charm points!!! David was sort of close though. You only need ONE ice in pvp. Since you're not dealing with mobs, ice storm is unneccessary. Don't waste your points there. Frostbite is good to stop the runners in their tracks, do damage on its own, and to make a combo. Keep a couple points there for effectiveness. As for mana shield, NEVER use more than one point there unless you are at end-game and you just really like mana shield. At 35, your points are entirely too valuable. Drain life is a great spell, I would not keep it below 4 or 5.

and you're wrong here because if you had any idea what the value per skill point of icestorm is versus investing in another skill, you'd see why it's a good idea.

Ladylove
03-19-2011, 12:01 AM
and you're wrong here because if you had any idea what the value per skill point of icestorm is versus investing in another skill, you'd see why it's a good idea.

You only have so many points to work with. Why have two weak ices instead of one strong one that does what you need. Both of my 35 mages manage to kick butt with only one ice.

Pharcyde
03-19-2011, 12:05 AM
Ice storm is only good to invest 1 point into. Anything beyond 1 is pretty much wasted.

Ladylove
03-19-2011, 12:06 AM
Ice storm is only good to invest 1 point into. Anything beyond 1 is pretty much wasted.

I feel like one point in a spell, unless it is for mana shield or revive, is a complete waste of a point. Don't spread out your points. Concentrate them to pack a punch.

Pharcyde
03-19-2011, 12:09 AM
I feel like one point in a spell, unless it is for mana shield or revive, is a complete waste of a point. Don't spread out your points. Concentrate them to pack a punch.

That's one extra spell to add insult to injury. Ice Storm gets really good effects at level 1, everything beyond that just increases the base damage 10 points...

Otukura
03-19-2011, 12:11 AM
Currently thinking:
6-1-4-0
6-0-4-0
0-1-6-6

For me it's basically down to lighting vs. life steal... bears are so much easier, I want my beckon, stomp, evasion, scream, rage, and iron blood...

Ladylove
That's one extra spell to add insult to injury. Ice Storm gets really good effects at level 1, everything beyond that just increases the base damage 10 points...

Thing is, I didn't put too much into frostbite. Just what I need. Invested more points into more powerful spells like buffs, lightening, fire, and drain life. I haven't got rev.

Otukura

10 to start, but it's around 16(I think) at level 53. Still not worth it.

Pharcyde
03-19-2011, 12:13 AM
Oh my bad, came to this discussion way late, didn't even notice it was lvl 35 build.

Yeah, nothing into ice storm.

Zerious
03-19-2011, 12:15 AM
Thing is, I didn't put too much into frostbite. Just what I need. Invested more points into more powerful spells like buffs, lightening, fire, and drain life. I haven't got rev.

if you do the math, level 1 icestorm has more starting damage than the difference of 1-2 frostbite. I'm not saying that's what you're doing but it's an example so you understand where I'm coming from.

I'm not saying invest in Icestorm, I'm saying have one. Just ONE. Most of the damage will be coming from Firestorm and Drain Life anyways.

Otukura
03-19-2011, 12:16 AM
Oh my bad, came to this discussion way late, didn't even notice it was lvl 35 build.

Yeah, nothing into ice storm.

The reason discouraging me from doing it was the delay between the times I'd have to cast fire/ice storm for the combo...

Zerious
03-19-2011, 12:18 AM
The reason discouraging me from doing it was the delay between the times I'd have to cast fire/ice storm for the combo...

that's the other thing, you can Icestorm-Firestorm combo way faster than a Frostbite-Firestorm combo. But either way, you can have both.

Pharcyde
03-19-2011, 12:19 AM

The delay has been decreased. I can now cast ice storm and firestorm immediately and get a combo result.

Otukura
03-19-2011, 12:20 AM
if you do the math, level 1 icestorm has more starting damage than the difference of 1-2 frostbite. I'm not saying that's what you're doing but it's an example so you understand where I'm coming from.

I'm not saying invest in Icestorm, I'm saying have one. Just ONE. Most of the damage will be coming from Firestorm and Drain Life anyways.

If you're in the range of icestorm, and you use iceball (:p), it hits almost immediatly, without the delay, so the combo is done much faster/easier.

@damage from fire and drain, not lighting?

Ladylove
03-19-2011, 12:21 AM
Frostbite has a fast cooldown and can be used at close range AND at a distance. That's part of why I love it so much for pvp. I've even got it maxed on my main.

Otukura
03-19-2011, 12:21 AM
The delay has been decreased. I can now cast ice storm and firestorm immediately and get a combo result.

I seem to still have the huge delay... (last played my mage 1.5 weeks ago.. maybe I should go try that again)

KingFu
03-19-2011, 12:23 AM
So many wrong statements, yet so little energy to correct them.

As for life drain, I like to keep it maxed. Life drain is an amazing skill, it heals your health awesomely as well as dealing insane damage to the enemy. It's really the most damage bringing skill, and I really appreciate it's effectiveness.

Edit:

Wrong isn't the right word, just statements I disagree with. Can we all agree it depends on the persons playint style? And what they want to do in pvp? (IE, survive, bring damage, or work as a savior for the team)

Edit:

Not to mention, frostbite stops them kiters, ice storm, does not.

Otukura
03-19-2011, 02:19 PM
What would you sacrifice to have the skill points for drain life?

Ladylove
03-19-2011, 09:48 PM
What would you sacrifice to have the skill points for drain life?

Frost storm :)

Otukura
03-19-2011, 10:56 PM
I currently have no points in that:

6-1-4-0
6-0-4-0
0-1-6-6

heal, bom, and bov I just cannot bear to give up, I love em too much.

Ladylove
03-19-2011, 11:02 PM
I currently have no points in that:

6-1-4-0
6-0-4-0
0-1-6-6

heal, bom, and bov I just cannot bear to give up, I love em too much.

This is decent. Get on and show me your best? Scarletlady is mine.

Otukura
03-19-2011, 11:49 PM
Trying to hit 55 with my mage tonight, I'll have to do it later.

It's either: Otukaru, Otukara, Otukuru... I get my twinks mixed up. :)

Ladylove
03-19-2011, 11:56 PM
Trying to hit 55 with my mage tonight, I'll have to do it later.

It's either: Otukaru, Otukara, Otukuru... I get my twinks mixed up. :)

Lol, just read your sig, silly.

Otukura
03-20-2011, 12:03 AM
Not sure that's right... :s

:)

Ladylove
03-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Not sure that's right... :s

:)

I would get confused too. Very similar spellings all around.