PDA

View Full Version : Whats your "market peeve"?

Beanmachine
03-18-2011, 03:49 AM
TBH i love selling items and when i check cs itsgone cheaper but i already sold it. The only problem is that I also fall in this trap.. since BS came out I wasted around 250k buying gear which 3 hours later turned cheaper..

So whats your market peeve?

Corpser
03-18-2011, 05:44 AM
when i sell something and then the price raises

PLaCiD
03-18-2011, 05:54 AM
I don't like it when people put really high prices for crappy equipment.

I know it costs them money but that's not the point ... it's misleading to us new players. We get skewed ideas of what things are worth.

Gluttony
03-18-2011, 06:18 AM
Mine is that there is a section for rings (which cannot be traded or sold) and another section for 1 vanity item (hooch hat). I think rings should be craftable making them available for sale in CS and we should get more vanity item drops (maybe just some of the old stuff that used to cost plat way back when).

Those are just my two cents.

Pharcyde
03-18-2011, 06:42 AM
When you buy a item that originally costs 700k, then five days later, its down to 165k and you waste a good 20k on taking it down and putting back up cheaper....

KaotiicxDream
03-18-2011, 06:44 AM
Bought an item and it turned out didnt need it ... then i couldnt sell it xD

DOAPSaint
03-18-2011, 07:10 AM
Taking an item off auction and putting it back up for cheaper over and over again as the price goes down...

Kalielle
03-18-2011, 08:34 AM
People trying to buy my mule's winter festival gear while I'm sitting in Balefort checking the store...

It's not that I wouldn't sell it, it's that it usually goes something like this:
"I'll buy your sword."
Now, since they can't see what level winter slash I'm wearing, I'll say: "I'm selling several greens and purples; what level/color do you want?"
At this point it usually becomes clear that they have no idea what I'm talking about. I get responses like, "the one you have" (which is usually a purple, nothing special about it). If I'm not selling that exact level/color and tell them, they usually go away. If I am selling it, they then offer a price that's nowhere close to a fair market price ("I only have 2435 gold and a Hook Staff...").

My other favorite is being called a noob and worse by someone who doesn't like your prices. Reminds me of the good old days before CS, sitting in Forest Haven and being offered 10k for something worth 200k and called all sorts of things by people who can't afford what you're selling.

Lesrider
03-18-2011, 08:46 AM
Ugh Kalielle back in AO3, if I went into Balefort wearing my Power Armor, the same guy (I won't mention names) would always pm me to buy it, and would always get the same answer -- I'm using it, not for sale. I HATE when people try to buy the shirt off your back!! And they do it WHILE I'm advertising other items I DO have for sale -- so clearly, if I was trying to sell my Power Armor, I'd say so!

Kalielle
03-18-2011, 09:00 AM
Yeah Les, I know the type. They also usually start trying to trade right as you're killing the boss or something... Sigh lol.

I used to be offended if someone messaged me to buy things that I'm wearing - I'd be like, can't you see I'm using it?? Then I started to trade a lot and went into a "everything is for sale at the right price" mentality. "Can I buy your wraith?" "Sure - 1 million." That usually shuts them up. :D

Lesrider
03-18-2011, 09:05 AM
Lol I started doing that sometimes too. Especially when the same person couldn't take "no" for an answer. If they kept asking, I'd say fine and put an exorbitant price on it.

Yvonnel
03-18-2011, 09:10 AM
My single only peeve is the Market Valuation. I refuse to pay the prices that some of this gear sells for. What possessess someone think that one of these pinks is worth 700k gold? No thanks, I'll farm or do without. Just like the power armor from ao3, everyone wanted so much for it. Thank god for friends. Got mine for less than a third of cs prices.

superss
03-18-2011, 09:12 AM
when people charge like 20k for a torch. (lol ive seen it before)

Lesrider
03-18-2011, 09:13 AM
My single only peeve is the Market Valuation. I refuse to pay the prices that some of this gear sells for. What possessess someone think that one of these pinks is worth 700k gold? No thanks, I'll farm or do without. Just like the power armor from ao3, everyone wanted so much for it. Thank god for friends. Got mine for less than a third of cs prices.

It's all supply and demand. The BS drop rate is low, the demand is high, so the prices reflect that. If you spend a week farming and get only one pink, wouldn't you want to make as much off of it as possible?

CanonicalKoi
03-18-2011, 09:15 AM
PM's trying to trade you 35 crap items for a high-priced item you have up for auction. Auction-related PMs, period. Especially those that get their panties in a bunch because you're fighting the King and Queen and won't bail to meet them so they can show you the crappy pink collection they want to trade. I now use a mule no one knows is me to sell stuff. Since I'm almost never on it, I don't have to deal with the PM flood.

The "I'll trade you this item for your item". No, selling this for a friend and he wants the gold. "It's worth just as much as your item. Just sell it.". No, you sell it and come back and buy my item. I'm not doing your work for you and I hate the whole merchant thing to begin with. Arrgh.

Beanmachine
03-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Some low lvs asked me if I wanted to buy flicking blade of destiny when I had raid set
*facepalm*

Kossi
03-18-2011, 12:22 PM
someone has a item i really need
ex. lv30 pink washboard

but they charge a rediculously high price
ex. 189k

and its on the market for months, never lowering the price
ex. convicta

NECROREAPER
03-18-2011, 01:15 PM
I hate it when people ask to buy my pumpkin

It's not really the fact that they ask to buy it, but the fact that they insist on me selling it after I told them I CAN'T sell it :confused:

Snakespeare
03-18-2011, 01:17 PM
LOL!, have you tried contacting Convicta? He might be flexible. If you don't know who I mean, send me a PM.

(p.s. your PM mailbox is full, otherwise I would have said this in a PM)

drewcapu
03-18-2011, 01:56 PM
someone has a item i really need
ex. lv30 pink washboard

but they charge a rediculously high price
ex. 189k

and its on the market for months, never lowering the price
ex. convicta

You won't see a lower price for that because you won't see people working hard enough to get it to drop at that level.

(P.S. You do know who Convicta is, right? :) )

Kalielle
03-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Yeah that Convicta, always selling at those crazy prices... :rolleyes: Oh wait, I usually set my prices by his :D

This thread is cracking me up.

Kossi
03-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Yeah that Convicta, always selling at those crazy prices... :rolleyes: Oh wait, I usually set my prices by his :D

This thread is cracking me up.

Month 1: Convicta: dang this lv30 washboard is going to sell so fast!, especially at 190k
Month 2: Convicta: still up for sale...should i lower the price? 1k is good ;) (189k)
Month 3: Convicta: WILL SOMEONE BUY MY WASHBOARD!
Month 4: Kossi: zombies washboard (30) for sale for 188,999 coins.
Month 4: Convicta:http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z333/Kossii/fff.jpg

Snakespeare
03-18-2011, 02:44 PM
My pet peeve in CS is the complaints about the prices. It's supply and demand. It's reality. There's no sense in fighting it, but you hear people complaining all the time. Do they complain about the wind? Do they complain about lousy drivers? Do they complain about nothing on TV? Yeah, probably. But does it make a difference? No, probably not.

Kalielle
03-18-2011, 03:11 PM
My pet peeve in CS is the complaints about the prices. It's supply and demand.

Hear hear! I roll my eyes every time I see those threads on forums about how sellers are evil because the poster wants some item at a cheaper price. I see things I want all the time at prices I will not pay. I just don't buy them and move on.

If he's not lowering the price it means he's not in a hurry to sell it, and would be just as happy to keep it. It's not the kind of item you sell fast; it's the kind for which you wait until a collector comes along who wants it and can afford it.

Also, insulting a seller about his prices never helps in a negotiation. My standard opening is, after seller tells me a price that's too high: "Well that's fair, but it's more than I was looking to pay. I was hoping for something around [insert number here]." You'd be amazed how often that works - even when your suggested price is well below what the seller initially wanted.