PDA

View Full Version : Dark Watch Swords and expansion

Kakashis
03-22-2015, 12:50 PM
Well for the very few fortunate enough to have started playing from the beginning or the elite super rich, these Swords hold the most value at twink levels due to their 100% crit rate proc as well as their look. Sure players have Dev mauls and storm Swords now, but this current expansion the weapons are absolutely horrible for warriors and no one uses them for pvp.

It would be nice to have a new slightly OP weapon for warriors in the next expansion just to even out the playing field. Currently it's all about previous expansion weapons. 100% crit proc weapon would be nice to see from locked crates again.

Andrisber
03-22-2015, 03:49 PM
+1 to this!

Axesam
03-22-2015, 06:40 PM
no :)

If you think like that, pls make another ring more OP than goblin ring and pls release another pet more OP than sns.

Kakashis
03-23-2015, 02:28 AM
Goblin ring and SnS were the best event items available and should remain OP until some new event in the near future. There will always be more events with those kinds of pets/items that will surpass the old ones and I'm not doubting even for a second it will happen! The DWS was a crate item and newer items from crates should always follow the trend of being more OP than the previous generation. If the designers wishes the oldest weapons to the be most OP forever, so be it! But I then ask why bother with making new items with each expansion then? All I'm saying is that so far the trend has been a decreasing desirability for warriors through the expansions and is currently:

DWS>Cap Ax>Storm Sword>Dev Maul>Sword and shield weapon?

At least Rogues and Mages have had their weapons nicely upgraded through the expansions with the current expansion weapons being the top choice. I think next season it would be nice to see all classes to receive some well desired weapons worthy of upgrading to otherwise older players will keep using their older versions, and new players will keep getting stomped on without spending millions on older stuff.

Hail
03-24-2015, 01:06 AM
Perhaps blades better than depraved also? I would love this (despite owning pairs myself).
I do see how this affects some people however as I personally know people with items such as Level 9 depraved and level 9 dws and such. These items are rare and expensive as!

Zynzyn
03-24-2015, 01:20 AM
Storm Sword is better than Dark watch sword because str proc is far better than crit proc for warriors. And many storm swords are still available in the market around 1-2m depending on gems.

A lot of people already gemmed their weapons with para gems and I dont see why their efforts/gold should be wasted. I dont play tank anymore but I can understand what will happen to them if sts brings about same sort of or better weapons now.

I am actually looking forward to new weapons that rather than being better stats-wise, offer variety in playstyle with their unique procs. Dws's 100% crit proc is also available in Vorpals which are still floating in the market. We need new procs.

Not many know but Conqueror's Wall (the shield and sword) with a HP regen/armor pet is nicer in 1 vs 1 than all others. A friend used that in the 1 vs 1 twink tournament and won. Its all about knowing your weapons and using them well.

Kakashis
03-24-2015, 08:58 AM
I guess we just have to wait and see!

Axesam
03-24-2015, 09:38 AM
Im selling mine lv 9, wanna buy it? Or bcoz the price is damn high and u cant buy it so try to cry and begging for new better weap?

Axesam
03-24-2015, 09:40 AM
Perhaps blades better than depraved also? I would love this (despite owning pairs myself).
I do see how this affects some people however as I personally know people with items such as Level 9 depraved and level 9 dws and such. These items are rare and expensive as!

Though u dont have depra lv 9 anymore bcoz banned acc :P

Kakashis
03-24-2015, 01:09 PM
Im selling mine lv 9, wanna buy it? Or bcoz the price is damn high and u cant buy it so try to cry and begging for new better weap?

I might buy it after I see what the new weapons are in expansion first! I'll see, might pick up mirados first! Will message u when I'm ready to buy.

kinzmet
03-29-2015, 12:25 AM
I'm really pro at the idea too. But sadly with your idea, it means that the sorcerers will suffer more.

epicrrr
03-29-2015, 04:34 AM
For rogues, we have a lot of bow which have nice proc but those bow with the best proc were the least used one as they reduce a lot of damage. On low level pvp people will only use Dev Bow, or Lurid/Umbral and yeah i think we need a new bow.

Believe it or not low level pvp rog have been using Dev Bow for i think 2-3 seasons now.

Kakashis
04-03-2015, 02:30 PM
For rogues, we have a lot of bow which have nice proc but those bow with the best proc were the least used one as they reduce a lot of damage. On low level pvp people will only use Dev Bow, or Lurid/Umbral and yeah i think we need a new bow.

Believe it or not low level pvp rog have been using Dev Bow for i think 2-3 seasons now.

Right on point! The raiding bow was nice in tindirin, but yes Dev bow is by far the deadliest. Just would be nice to see a fresh new set of weapons that are desirable due to their stats and proc because they'd be OP in some way. All I'm saying is if new weapons aren't OP, at least copy some weapons from the past that are still OP and go from there.

Novyaj Zeanreh
05-18-2015, 12:06 PM
Rogue can easily kill warrior with dws than with storm sword