PDA

View Full Version : If there were no mana and health pot

IamBored
03-18-2011, 09:32 AM
imagine how important a tank and mage would be to a group? Also regen would be quite important. No flaming just saying.

Keohike
03-18-2011, 09:35 AM
If there whre no pots we will just die.
4 thumbs down

Kalielle
03-18-2011, 09:37 AM
Sounds like what Frozen Nightmares used to be like, before they enabled pot use for it. I'd be all in favor of seeing some elite no pot dungeons again.

krazii
03-18-2011, 10:43 AM
It would be the single biggest improvement to PL. You would actually have to use strategy and use well rounded groups. I think it would take the fun factor out of it for a lot of people though and would really cause many to leave the game as the gameplay would slow down and the mindless farming and exp runs would take longer and make leveling even longer.

Kraz

Zerious
03-18-2011, 11:42 AM
horrible idea imo. Mages aren't always going to be there, and when you're running BS, regen only does so much. Archers use more than their fair share of mana pots, and mages can't heal that so... Sorry

Kossi
03-18-2011, 11:46 AM
horrible idea imo. Mages aren't always going to be there, and when you're running BS, regen only does so much. Archers use more than their fair share of mana pots, and mages can't heal that so... Sorry

it would be like 50 h/s and 20 m/s for a bear as base stats

Zerious
03-18-2011, 11:48 AM
it would be like 50 h/s and 20 m/s for a bear as base stats

exactly. Mages are ok on regen, but birds would need like 1 bil M/s to work effectively in elite campaigns...

Suntv
03-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Totally tops! Just like the good old days of the real elite frozen nightmares. By the way, as an int bird I rarely use pots with 26H/s and 24 M/s :)

CanonicalKoi
03-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Totally tops! Just like the good old days of the real elite frozen nightmares. By the way, as an int bird I rarely use pots with 26H/s and 24 M/s :)

And as a pure dex bird, with decent regen, I'm still sucking mana pots like a maniac. IamBored, why don't you get a group together and give it a shot. Let us know how it went. I have a feeling it's going to be somewhat ugly, not to mention slow since everyone's going to have to stop after each mob and let things regen. And, as a reminder, even in the old days of FN, there were health and mana regen orbs available. It wasn't like you totally had to go without.

Ooh! Horrible thought--to be a bird, unable to pot wearing the Oasis Mystery set--zero mana regen. Oh, ouch.